One Step at a Time - September 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: One Step at a Time - September 2019

Pauly - did you enjoy your pancakes? Pretty good that you can understand everything that everyone says. Sometimes I have to google it just like Glassie.
    We don't have a caretaker come in everyday.....unfortunately. Just an agency that I can call schedule to have someone come out.

Glassie - I want pics too! I'm so excited for you. So, how are you feeling with everything? You were so sick before you left and with your back hurting. Then so sick when you got home. How is it all now?
    Interesting about googling the Charlie Brown tree. I grew up with watching that movie once a year when it came on TV. (Back in the olden days before VHS tapes. :rotlf: ) But, that made it a common phrase here.
    I think it would be fun to tell each other when we have google something. I love hearing other expressions.

Liz - how are you doing? Did you get to see baby Logan today? I do hope that things improve for your sister and your niece. I know it's hard to watch your sister hurting and also to see your niece slipping away. But, you are right - all you can do is be a shoulder for your sister to cry on. :hug:

Bird - your cotton rose tree sounds so pretty. I think it's great you recognized what would be a trigger and didn't do it. :yay: Sorry that you are so tired. Do you think it's because you have been doing so much with moving, etc? Hope you feel better.
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Happy Sunday, Steppers!
      “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Hiya Techie - great to see you. :yay:
        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Techie, hello! How are you doing? I just love it when you pop in!
          [MENTION=1214]Rusty[/MENTION], it's great to get a solid nights sleep. Some nights for me are better than others. How is your mom recovering? Did you do anything enjoyable this weekend? I too have a SIL I keep at arms length. This is hubby's sissy. Makes for awkward family time, even after all these years. We are civil to each other, but there always seems to be tension.
          [MENTION=5628]Nora[/MENTION], your hubby is too funny with that hot tub, only cause that's how mine is too. I have been after him to paint the living room and he comes up with every excuse, it's a big job and we both hate it but it looks bad in there. Finally talked him into it. We will proceed this winter:welldone:
          [MENTION=6149]Paul[/MENTION]y, I keep meaning to get over to the IHOP. I don't really like waiting for my food and sometimes the line to get in is out the door. I'm
          Not keen on pumpkin but boy would love some pancakes!

@ bird, what are you up to today? Just another beautiful day here. We had potluck lunch at church and mom and I combined our efforts and shared.m kinda different without my dad there or our kids. Family seems to be getting smaller. There seems to be a new kind of normal now. Called my mom this afternoon and she was watching t.v., The Rockford Files!:eek-new: Mom isn't really one to watch tv, maybe occasionally the news. LOl, is this the new norm? Im glad she is keeping herself busy?
          Skyped with Mark today. He had a tough week at work and another tough week ahead of him. Honestly, do you ever stop worrying about them?

Comment

Liz - I've got to say that no you never stop worrying about them! What can we do? I hope his work gets better.
            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

I'm going to bed pretty soon. So, I'm going to say goodbye to September and start us off on the new October thread. :heartbeat:
              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Originally posted by Lizann View Post
                Techie, hello! How are you doing? I just love it when you pop in!
                [MENTION=1214]Rusty[/MENTION], it's great to get a solid nights sleep. Some nights for me are better than others. How is your mom recovering? Did you do anything enjoyable this weekend? I too have a SIL I keep at arms length. This is hubby's sissy. Makes for awkward family time, even after all these years. We are civil to each other, but there always seems to be tension.
                [MENTION=5628]Nora[/MENTION], your hubby is too funny with that hot tub, only cause that's how mine is too. I have been after him to paint the living room and he comes up with every excuse, it's a big job and we both hate it but it looks bad in there. Finally talked him into it. We will proceed this winter:welldone:
                [MENTION=6149]Paul[/MENTION]y, I keep meaning to get over to the IHOP. I don't really like waiting for my food and sometimes the line to get in is out the door. I'm
                Not keen on pumpkin but boy would love some pancakes!

@ bird, what are you up to today? Just another beautiful day here. We had potluck lunch at church and mom and I combined our efforts and shared.m kinda different without my dad there or our kids. Family seems to be getting smaller. There seems to be a new kind of normal now. Called my mom this afternoon and she was watching t.v., The Rockford Files!:eek-new: Mom isn't really one to watch tv, maybe occasionally the news. LOl, is this the new norm? Im glad she is keeping herself busy?
                Skyped with Mark today. He had a tough week at work and another tough week ahead of him. Honestly, do you ever stop worrying about them?
                I am doing well. Still in immunotherapy and making positive progress. My friend did exceptionally well in The Nautical Tri in Malibu mid month. A personal best. My coaching paid off. Thanks for asking, Liz. I must say, Nora and all the Steppers are wonderful. I love dropping in when I can. XOXO
                “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Hi, Steppers. I like the self-care ideas you encourage here. I read something the other day on the topic that keeps coming to mind, affecting my choices - “True self care is creating a life you don’t feel the need to escape”. We all should make our life as gentle and supportive as possible, given whatever resources we have available. To me, the world is tough, mean, and scary right now so I’m trying to give myself and others a break whenever I can. Let’s all take good care of ourselves and one another. xx

Comment

Working...
                  X