Mwo welcome wagon!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mwo welcome wagon!

I know it is early days, but I am sick of this merry go round. I think I am coping better with the pain of withdrawal, rather than the constant effort of trying to control my drinking.
    Will try to check in more often.
    PS. I have reduced to 75 mgs of baclofen which definitely helps my anxiety as if I take any more I cough so much that I am so incontinent and we are away on Sunday to the UK for 6 weeks to visit family and I cannot bear the worry of this or the blackouts and my erratic behaviour.
    Have also cut down over the last month from 100 mgs of prozac per day to 50 mgs, as I believe that when I went on this after 6 1/2 years of sobriety, this caused the immense cravings which caused me to drink again. This was 8 years ago.
    There is a lot of interesting reading on SSR's and alcohol.

Comment

Elizabeth,glad you posted keep hydrated and try to rest as much as possible,I too think there might be a link between SSRI's and drinking just from past personal experience and from reading alot about it,keep checking in when you can big((hugs))
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Oh and I just wanted to add that it's a good idea to talk to your doctor before adjusting any meds,just to be safe,hope all is well with you
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Thanks pauly, I actually ate chocolate ice cream yesterday when I felt the cravings, not good but it sent me straight to sleep for an hour at 4.30 pm.

Comment

Hi Elizabeth,
            I’m glad you have decided to go for it and completely cut out the booze again! And chocolate ice cream is a great substitute. It can really help in these early days.
            Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Working...
            X