Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

International Army - 2020 - HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: International Army - 2020 - HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
    anyways -- there are a few newbies appearing and that is wonderful - just imagine how many are out there - first day of the year - KNOWING they have to do something but just overwhelmed -- sad
    Yes, overwhelmed is what they could be feeling and with reason. This addiction is a mountain to be conquered, no doubt about it. But the thing is - anyone who has stumbled on to MWO looking for answers and is reading this or other threads, has already taken the first step, and that is a big deal! The next step is to read, read, read the threads and join one for support. Then they won't feel so overwhelmed, but rather, they will feel hopeful knowing that help is available.

Off for coffee with my special friend. No booze, no smokes, just great communication and lots of laughs!!

Catch up with youz laterz....
    Last edited by stirly-girly; January 1, 2020, 07:32 AM.
    For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
    AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Late for parade today.........the year's running away already. Lovely last night being surrounded by sobriety.
      Next door neighbour/best mate of Mr.JC first footed us at the beginning of the Vienna New Year Concert and stayed 'til the end. Cups of tea and biscuits all round. Soooooooo very different to the old days.
      [MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION]...............thanks for the start up.
      [MENTION=21798]Tabbers (a.k.a. KTAB)[/MENTION].............a new year, a new decade, a new you???

Had to check .......but ten years ago today was my very first sober New Year's Day. We had a shed load of snow and at 8am instead of lying bed working out when would be the 'polite' time to start drinking as I'd done for more years than I care to remember.............I ran out into the back garden in my dressing gown and laid in the snow and made snow angels................daft as it sounds, although I had a five months sober (AF) under my belt...........I just knew, knew I never, ever had to drink alcohol again. I would not be coerced into the go on just the one from friends/family or my brain. One drink is never enough, but neither is a thousand.
      Of course my start date is 9 months before I actually made my first trembling post.
      Did I lurk..........no......tbh I forgot all about it. If it hadn't been for that doctor who did my last de-tox read an article about MWO in the Guardian and said give it a proper go.........well think I'd be 6 feet under.
      I know one or two have wandered off from here who are doing AA. There's a good structure there.
      I looked for the one's with the most sobriety and did what they did, basically so I finally posted and have posted every day unless I'm on holiday without internet.
      Sorry there was more I wanted to say but my back is absolutely killing me and I'm going to have to lie down.
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

I remember that snowy Christmas...funny wasn't drinking..chose not to drink at Christmas cos couldn't do the cooking..ironic that my final hurrah was the only Christmas I promised not to drink ...something in that??!! In airport on route to Chester via Liverpool... exciting but strangely I'm grumpy as shit!!
        Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
        contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Chester is lovely Molls - been a few times but of course only involved visiting all the 'quaint little pubs' FFS. What a waste.
          Gorgeous little cake shops I remember.
          Why are you there again ? Just a jolly ?

Fierce cranky myself today

Comment

Was trying to go to Liverpool but cock up with Airb&b so Chester instead ..it's Joe's Christmas present...I was in Chester when pregnant with Joey so never saw the quaint pubs!! Dunno why the cranks ...aftermath of too much food and ho ho hoing?!!

Comment

Great encouraging posts to start the new year. January is a great excuse for a day 1, its very on trend :happy2:
              In laws just left - this day 5 years ago was horrendous, I was so sick. Until I got a drink into me. I feel like that was another me now.
              [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION], what has the back so sore, just wear and tear or did you pull something?

I cant get over the amount of people with the actual Flu this year, not just a bad head cold. Lash the vitamins into yourself [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION], or Citricidal (ever try that?)

Hows plane man Molly??

No sign of rain [MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION]?? Stories seem to be getting worse!
              AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

[MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION]............its either oldish age or weeks having carried bags far too full with Chrimbo stuff. Of course, we needed a new cutlery set..............(there were 5 of us Christmas day and only have a selection of about 3 squillion knives and forks and a posh one in a velvet box that gets dragged out on specail occasions.) so in the bag it went on top of the rest of the crap. So why am I surprised I'm not doubled over.
                Luckily I'm seeing the nurse in a couple of weeks for my COPD check up.
                Its a half hour appointment and we get to have a chat about my back if its still playing up..........I might get to see one of those rare humans called doctors.

[MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION]...........I've only had a quick look around Chester from the car. Mr. JC drove me to the place he studied, the place he lived and I think the bakers he bought the pasty that was so hot it burnt his mouth. We had a six week old Jenny in the back of the car and taking her to see her paternal great-granny .She lived on the outskirts with his aunt and uncle.

Himself back at work tomorrow properly.........it'll take him all of five minutes to undo all his tidy up he did on Monday. Just me and Bess...............it was getting a bit too peoply around here.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Evening to you all. Just sneaking in here before you all go bye-byes.
                  While you're sleeping I will be having yet another crack at tidying the front garden. No rain yet Mary. Just the same old weird sky that we've had for weeks. Smoke smell all day long. Can't even see the mountain right in front of my house for smoke most days. A layer of ash all over the furniture. At least I've got a house still! People are starting to pack bags around here now, ready to go if needed. Must check the insurance papers today.

My SIL and I used to go to Chester to shop sometimes. It's a loverly place. Beautiful cafes and shops everywhere! Have a ball Molls. And a nice sleep-in to get rid of the cranks.
                  Next couple of days will be all about the put-y off-y jobs around the place like staining the deck.....wouldn't you rather eat a bag of hair?
                  If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                  Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Morning from up over land and its all quiet.
                    I've just stood and watched the bird feeder. Rather fascinating and calming. The birds start with the little ones, the tits, the wrens, then the blackbirds and the the greedy beggars will be along around lunch time..........the ravens and the pigeons.
                    Anyone watch Dracula last night...........I throbbed it. Really, really revolting, funny, gory and scary..........I was peeping over a cushion.

[MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION].......can't begin to imagine what you're going through in Oz....We moan about the weather in the UK.............I thinks its the law. But we don't have the extremes. We go into meltdown after half an inch of snow.
                    I leave a jug of water for your dry throat. Just a bit of lemon did have ice in it but think it'll be melted by now.
                    Still laughing at the 'I'd rather eat a bag of hair'.........I'll add that to my phrases.

Busy day today, when I say busy I mean changing to a new calendar and writing our important happenings.......which at the moment add up to one hospital appointments,
                    my nurse appointment and birthdays.
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Happy New Year everybody!
                      Good to see everyone doing so well. I’m awfully tired today! For some reason I have had some insomnia the past few nights.
                      I have a big day with a very important meeting today and I need more coffee stat!!
                      18 days today and feeling pretty good.
                      Day 1 again 11/5/19
                      Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
                      Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
                      Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
                      11/27/19: messed up but back on track
                      12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Afternoon all and well done Nursie on your 18 days. I’m still laughing at the I’d rather eat a bag of hair comment. Is that an Australian saying? Daughter and boyfriend left this morning so things quietening down. I always had a calendar/Mom planner but I find that I am using my phone more and more and really only have myself to plan for so don’t think I will bother with onethis year.

Comment

Good evening Army and good morning to others! Very glad to be in 2020 - we are now in Amsterdam where new year was a bit frightening to be honest! I’m pretty used to fireworks being regulated and only being let off in controlled situations but here people were letting them off in the streets and public places and I was a bit freaked out by it!!

Tomorrow we start the journey home - a couple of days in Berlin, then Copenhagen, then Sydney. It has been a fabulous once in a lifetime trip, but I’m a bit angsty about NSW and Victoria fires. All friends and family accounted for but the environmental impact does my head in.

I’ve also been thinking about Rags, from the old Underoos thread, who I’m sure some of you will remember. She was an active member of the volunteer fire service in her community; and will have been affected. I’m sure she will be ok though.

Sort of looking forward to being home in my own bed and normal service being restored!!

I haven’t really had much of a chance to read the rest of the thread as I am on limited wifi - but trust all is well with the rest of the world!!
                          Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

hiya all..Molls enjoy Chester ..sod shopping go to the zoo!In my last job I used to work in Chester now and again..depended what my detail was .its a bit nippy but Im sure you will enjoy
                            af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Hi, Army. Here's my latest British TV binge: Unforgotten. Have any of you seen it? It is really interesting and compelling. I love the main actress - Nicola ???. I am avoiding US politics by binge-watching shows with several seasons available!

Comment

Think I've seen it NS ...not sure..Tele goes in one ear/eye out d'other!!
                                Mick I have a problem with zoo's and animals out of their home environment..I do get that sometimes it's necessary to keep species going but...it just makes me uncomfortable...had a lovely day..Chester cathedral extraordinary and going on a Roman adventure tomorrow...very excited!! Hope all ok xxx

Comment

Working...
                                X