Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jan 19th

Greetings Abbers,

Grey skies all day but no rain until tomorrow.
    I got a sudden urge for homemade cinnamon raisin bread SO that’s what i did this afternoon. Pics on FB

PQ, we are supposed to have an inch of rain tomorrow which means I’ll have much mud, haha!
    This will be my granddaughter’s 2nd year at GS camp - she has experience! I know she’ll have a ball
    Sandwiches are fine for dinner for me. I can’t eat huge meals anymore, yuck. I defrosted some chicken noodle soup tonight & had a dairy free pizza with it, yum!

Cyn, I bought a large bottle of Mg spray on Amazon, it lasts forever.
    Hope you got your book time in today!

Pauly, I’ve been a General Hospital fan since the age of 12 or so, Lol. Years ago we used to be able to tune it in on our local Philly radio station so we could listen to it on the way home from work. Those were the days, haha! I spent all afternoon in my kitchen working on the bread so I watched Adam Schiff’s hour long argument for dumping trump - it was good TV!!!!!

Mick, I think I would have told the carpet installer to get lost! I could never go thru all that, geez! Glad it’s done & I hope you get your alarm system working, oh boy!
    Thank goodness for Amazon - they do come in handy

Hello to Det, Sam & anyone stopping by tonight.
    Have a nice night all.

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Happy Burns Night everyone Haggis taaties and neeps on the menu. I slept like a log last night ...dont know how they sleep but I did .I hate to admit it ,but was weary after the last couple of days!Boiglar alarm fixed....I slept till about 7 this morning.just waiting on the door handles coming ,and on with that ,but not doing a great lot today..out detecting tomorrow .Raining like mad here,but hopefully clear for tomorrow.Interesting one Ive come across .taking the old carpets to the tip/dump..as you go in they record your registration .Apparently as a householder you are allowed 52 trips a year.This is to stop builders etc dumping their commercial waste,as theyare required to pay .Now to me that encourages fly tipping all over the countryside,and who foots the bill for that?the council...so is that not a bit of a retrospective step?

Hiya Lav ...grey skies...as soon as I saw that ...the song in my head ......California Dreamin by the Mamas and Papas .......which there is a slight chance you may have heard of ....he says innocently.Raisin bread ...very nice with jam or real butter!!!

hiya everyone else .have a great weekend.

Wetherspoons is planning a two-drink limit for customers who have children with them.

If only I'd stuck to two drinks in the first place, the little gits wouldn't be here at all.

A certain lawyer was quite wealthy and had a summer house in the country, to which he retreated for several weeks of the year.

Each summer, the lawyer would invite a different friend of his to spend a week or two up at this place, which happened to be in a backwoods section of Maine. On one particular occasion, he invited a Czechoslovakian friend to stay with him. The friend, eager to get a freebee off a lawyer, agreed. Well, they had a splendid time in the country - rising early and living in the great outdoors.

Early one morning, the lawyer and his Czechoslovakian companion went out to pick berries for their morning breakfast. As they went around the berry patch, gathering blueberries and raspberries in tremendous quantities, along came two huge Bears - a male and a female. Well, the lawyer, seeing the two bears, immediately dashed for cover.

His friend, though, wasn't so lucky, and the male bear reached him and swallowed him whole.

The lawyer ran back to his Mercedes, tore into town as fast has he could, and got the local backwoods sheriff.

The sheriff grabbed his shotgun and dashed back to the berry patch with the lawyer. Sure enough, the two bears were still there.

"He's in THAT one" cried the lawyer, pointing to the male! Meanwhile visions of lawsuits from his friend's family danced in his head! He just had to save his friend.

The sheriff looked at the bears, and without batting an eye, leveled his gun, took careful aim, and SHOT THE FEMALE.

"Whatdya do that for" exclaimed the lawyer, "I said he was in the other"!

"Exactly", replied the sheriff, "and would YOU believe a lawyer who told you that the Czech was in the Male"?

An old man and woman were married for years even though they hated each other. When they had a fight, screams and yelling could be heard deep into the night.

A constant statement was heard by the neighbors who feared the man the most… “When I die I will dig my way up and out of the grave to come back and haunt you for the rest of your life!”

They believed he practiced black magic and was responsible for missing cats and dogs, and strange sounds at all hours. He was feared and enjoyed the respect it garnished.

He died abruptly under strange circumstances and the funeral had a closed casket. After the burial, the wife went straight to the local bar and began to party as if there was no tomorrow. The gaiety of her actions were becoming extreme while her neighbors approached in a group to ask these questions:

Are you not afraid? Concerned? Worried? That this man who practiced black magic and stated when he died he would dig his way up and out of the grave to come back and haunt you for the rest of your life?

The wife put down her drink and said … “Nah… let the old man dig. I had him buried upside down!”

Phil had always been a prankster. As each of his friends were married, Phil made sure some type of practical joke was played upon them. Now ready to be married himself, he was dreading the payback he knew was coming.

Surprisingly, the ceremony went off without a hitch. No one stood up during the pause to offer a reason 'why this couple should not be married'. His reception wasn't disrupted by streakers or smoke-bombs, and the car the couple was to take on their honeymoon was in perfect working order.

When the newl-wed pair arrived at their hotel and entered the room, Phil even checked for cornflakes in the bed (a gag he had always loved). Nothing, it seemed, was amiss. Amazed that he had come away unscathed, the couple fell into bed.

Upon waking, the couple was ravenous so Phil called down to room service and asked, "I'd like to order breakfast for two".

At that moment, a soft voice from under the bed said, "Make that five".

Little Johnny had to take care of his baby sister while his mum and dad went shopping. To pass the time he decided to go fishing and reluctantly took his little sister along.

"I'll never do that again", Little Johnny said to his mum, "I didn't catch a thing"!

His mum said "Oh, next time I'm sure your little sister will be quiet and not frighten the fish away".

Little Johnny said, "It wasn't that. She ate all the fxxxing bait".
      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Mae everybody, Mick nice place to stay you animal lover! PQ, didn't see you yesterday hope all is well with you and your family, Lav, the bread looked good found out my iron levels are really low, like half of the lower end of "acceptable" no wonder I feel like shit most of the time, anyhoo much love to all and wishes for a great BF Saturday
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

MAE ALL...

TG...at least work didn't involve any traveling yesterday. Are you writing a book?

Pauly...I'm lucky that even though he goes through these down times he's open to talk about things and acknowledge something is wrong. Unlike his father! Messing up my General Hospital...that made me laugh. You got your priorities right.

Mick...wow you had an early busy day yesterday. With all that work and lack of sleep that alarm going off must have drove you crazy. Alas no cards on Friday but made a break through on setting up the new online registration programs so am feeling comfortable and in control for the upcoming registrations. It was a gorgeous spring like day yesterday. Spent a lot of time outside just enjoying it. When you get the brass door handles redone I expect pics. Hope the weather improves for your detecting tomorrow.

Lav...I just love the smell of cinnamon in the house. Our skies have been grey but no threat of rain, just the result of the wonderful chinook we continue to enjoy. So the g/daughter is an old hand at camp. LOL It's funny how our eating habits change, one big meal a month is fine for me.

Pauly...missed posting yesterday, the day just got away from me. All ok, no drama and hoping it stays that way. Wow, that is low iron levels, explains alot. Will you take iron supps?

We're heading to a high of 48F today so will be clearing out clutter and making my own way to the dump. Apparently there is freezing rain warnings all around us, hope it stays away. Have a Super Sober Saturday all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Greetings Abbers,

Well we sure did get rain today as promised, probably an inch or more. But the temps were in the high 40’s so no icing issues.
            My grandsons are here for the night, I’ll take all your prayers, haha!!

Mick, nice to really sleep once in a while, huh?
            Hope you’re able to get out detecting in the morning, have fun

PQ, glad your weather is still on the mild side. FB reminded me yesterday of a huge snowstorm we had 4 years ago, ugh. We haven’t had anything like that yet this winter.
            I just had to break up a fight in my living room - these boys haha!!!!

Pauly, get yourself some iron supplements. My daughter has been thru that too.

Hello to Cyn, Det & Sam.

Better go find my referee hat!!!!
            Have a nice night all.

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae all -

Yesterday disappeared! That's what it's like when hubs is around... priorities have to suddenly shift. Oh well, he's not around that much, so an unexpected day off for him is good. We went to friends' last night for a Chinese New Year celebration - our friend cooked a massive amount of options, and we filled our bowls... what a lot of work... and she just returned from Korea (visiting parent and grands) two days ago. Ah youth... at least she let me bring a dessert.

Mick, wow, what a couple,of days you've had! I hope the weather cooperates for detecting, and that you find great stuff. Pauly, wow, I wonder why your iron dropped down? I just had a full panel done for my yearly physical... anxious to see what it says. Good luck with feeling better! Lav, those cinnamon buns looked amazing! Almost made me regret my necessary GF life, ah well. PPQ, glad to hear the Chinook is holding for you. Cold iciness here the last few days... today a bit warmer and some sun. Hello to Det, Papmom and Sam!

Ah, the book. Yes, Lav and Pauly can tell you - I have a book in the works - got the proposal done and agonized over it in 2017/18, but then life intervened and I had to drop it. Getting back to it now - it's more of a workbook than a word-book, and now I see the need for setting up a biz FB page, a closed FB group, rendoing my website, etc. Daunting. So, I must work on it each day... I will be really disappointed in myself if I do not do everything I can to make this see the light.

Speaking of which, more light each day... To The Light! Wishing all well today...

Comment

Working...
              X