NoSugar Celebrates 6 Years!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NoSugar Celebrates 6 Years!

[MENTION=18725]NoSugar[/MENTION] LOVE THIS :welldone: and I will have no qualms 'robbing' it at a later date because it says it all ...
    ( so sue me :haha: )

But I guess I had finally gotten so sick of myself and my life that I wanted to quit more than I wanted to drink - because I didn't want to die or live what felt like such a pathetic meaningless life. I'm grateful I didn't wait for an even more devastating rock bottom to get me onto the right path -- with the people of MWO.
    So, to any of you at the beginning like @julia1970 or wondering if it is worth the effort, the 'being different', the being more uptight, the being bored, the frustrated longing to escape --- It most definitely is!! And after you get some weeks, months, or years behind you, you'll find new ways to relax, time and energy to have way too much to do to ever be bored, and to be absolutely grateful to be different to the people focused on their next fix, equating alcohol with happiness.
    Last edited by satz123; January 25, 2020, 04:57 AM.

Comment

Well done @ NoSugar.
      You always make such perfect sense about things.
      7 years is absolutely amazing but it is also the thoughtfulness with which you have walked the path that has impressed me.
      I look forward to a very long time of checking in here and seeing you.
      If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
      Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Originally posted by abcowboy View Post
        My apologies @NoSugar! I had you as 2014 in my Sobriety Calendar, but I’ve already fixed that mistake ready for the right number next year!
        Cowboy, it is so thoughtful of you to take this extra step to support people. Thank you.

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post
        I look forward to a very long time of checking in here and seeing you.
        I plan to stick around, Bridget, and am glad to hear that you are, too :hug: I know I need consistent reminders of where I was and could be again. It is wayyyy to easy to put on those rose colored glasses and forget what a horror an addicted life was. That Relapse in Retrospect thread makes it pretty clear that complacency is a danger.

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
        ... I will have no qualms 'robbing' it at a later date because it says it all ... ( so sue me :haha: )
        Help yourself, Satz :smile:. I think most of the words posted here are recycled ideas, put together in different ways with different word combinations speaking to different people. Which it is why I think it is so important to have as many voices as possible speaking up.

Thanks again, all, for the good wishes. Now on to another year of not drinking and having at least a chance of a meaningful life. xx, NS

Comment

Truth!

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post
          you always make such perfect sense about things.

Comment

Congratulations Sugar babe!

Thank you for all you contribute and just for being you. :sendflowers::congrats::biglove:

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Congrats, NS!
              Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Happy Birthday NS!! It’s great to have a sober big sister like you :heartbeat:

Comment

Congrats on 7 years NS! Your posts are so thoughtful and intelligent. You are an inspiration to so many of us here at MWO. Thank you!
                  Last edited by Jude58; January 26, 2020, 07:26 AM.

Comment

I missed this NS, many congratulations to another great leader here. A fantastic achievement.
                    AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Working...
                    X