Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 16th Feb

MAE ALL...

Mick...yup, still got the snow but at least it's not falling from the sky anymore. The chinook rolled in so we're above freezing with a glorious day in store for tomorrow. Had a great day at work and was able to play cards. Wednesday's are my new favorite day of the week. I'm glad you've got your trains to play with during all this rain. At least you won't be driving Julie crazy. LOL The director and assistant director of childcare had a meeting with the so called boss today and all hell broke loose. The only comment I've heard so far is he's an asshole! Yup, I feel your pain. Only reiterates any meetings/questions/support will all be done in their office to keep the "boss" out of our way.

Lav...Isn't it nice to be able to scrap your "to do list" and not feel guilty? Mushroom soup and cinnamon bread sounds lovely. Weather is really messed up everywhere. We're going to be around 50F from now till early next week then another deep freeze with snow. Geeze, enough already! Glad grandson is on the mend, did you pop over and see for yourself?

Shout out to the rest of the gang. Going in early tomorrow as I'm dropping the car off for an oil change (which was due in Nov) in the morning. Hope we all have a peaceful night.....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae everybody, PQ, nothing like waiting til the last minute to get your oil changed hubs does ours and I think he waits that long too, Mick, hope the weather is better today, Lav, how's grandson? Had the boys for a bit last night and one was coughing and the other blowing booger bubbles so here they go again, much love to all and wishes for a great BF Thursday!
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Mae all -

Howdy to all -

Mick, you are dedicated gardener, out in the midst of rain. I did that last year when I was getting the house ready to sell - rain, snow, whatever, I was out in it. In my bright yellow rain suit I felt invincible! Hope the next wave of storm is not as terrible. (Loved the Ryanair joke!)

Lav, mmmm, Cinnamon bread. I think it's time for me to make some nice treat for myself, that sounds so good. Hmmm, not surprising that DIL is not a good nurse, lol. I hope grandson is better now. How are the girls doing? Ready for some sun like the rest of us?

PPQ, wow, that's crazy weather! Hard to stay well when the temps are swinging like that - good luck. Hope some card playing is in your future!

Pauly, is your sleep any better? You are in high spring now in Vegas, right? Lav's progesterone oil sounds interesting, maybe a good thing?

Hello to busy Det and Sam, hoping all is well. I am still working wacky hours with my wacky client, but I really adore her... still so full of life, at 76... she's getting ready to sell her house, but first is off to Brazil for 2 months on a Fulbright Grant. Sheesh! A good model for staying active. (I am actually bringing her food though, as she forgets to eat!) life is interesting.

Wishing all a great day - the light is strengthening!

Comment

hiya all...well its 1958....hrs not years....the internet here has been getting updated again today...just how many updates one can have is beyond belief..now if I was paranoid ...Iwould suggest that big brother is harvesting information .I watched a programme n telly the other night...and the thinking is that the firm for every 100 purchases you make ...the will have over 5000 pieces of info on you ..how many times have you looked at something..and then lo and behold you get swamped on the internet with adverts about the same.

very cold over here today ,and blowyI usually put a bungee round the outside of the hutch to keep the cover down ...not so ...one of them chewed through it ..did a bit more in the garden ,my roses need to go out but its far too cold .The small camelia is flowering now and my daffodils are up.

hope everyone is ok ..Ill put some jokes up .

I sleep better naked. I just wish the passengers on this bus were a bit more understanding.

It's a little known fact that the Last of the Mohicans reinvented himself as a Scotsman.
          He became known as Hawkeye the New.

The inventor of cut, copy and paste has died, The inventor of cut, copy and paste has died,The inventor of cut, copy and paste has died,The inventor of cut, copy and paste has died,

After years of studying obituaries,

I have concluded that no one ill-tempered or unimportant ever dies.

Police in Florida are investigating the gruesome discovery of several jars full of human tongues in a doctor's basement.

I'm just left wondering; who the fck grassed him up?

The new, plastic £20 note is released today.
          Unfortunately, due to Brexit, most of us will never get to see that much money in 1 place.

My bedroom now has a stained glass window.

A sparrow has just flown into it.

I got beat in the final of a cake making competition by a 70s soul singer ' she was anita baker

Burnt my Hawaiian pizza today.
          Should have put it on aloha setting

A bloke on a tractor has just driven past me shouting “The end of the world is nigh!!”
          I think it was Farmer Geddon.

How to work out your obnoxious name…

Take your first name and replace it with Piers.
          Now take your surname and replace it with Morgan.

Fell asleep at a party last night, and someone put a teabag in my mouth, i went mental!!!!
          No one treats me like a mug.
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

MAE ALL...

Pauly...I'm supposed to get the oil changed every 6 months to maintain the warranty. Today's visit was my last freebee. Instead of a 6 month next oil change sticker it was for 1 year. What's up with that! Now that it's not free I only have to do it once a year? Maybe the warranty's up, it's been 5 years now. I'll have to check my paperwork. Hope you didn't catch any germs from the boys.

TG...you are such a good person, looking after your client that way. I'm sure she appreciates it. Free trip to Brazil, nice. Hope I'm as active as her when I get that old. Was able to enjoy an afternoon of cards yesterday so got my fix in.

Mick...wish your weather would smarten up for you. 1958, now exactly what time is that. Do you use Google to search the internet? You got to be careful what you look up because you're right you'll be flooded with ads on the subject. Met with 2 of my community garden members today. They want to raise all the in-ground plots to raised ones. We went through the logistics and it's going to cost us about $4K but it will be worth it. Just got to get out of digging out the existing beds. LOL

Lav...can't believe I beat you to the thread today. You're probably posting right now. Hope you had a good day.

It's hamburgers tonight so I have to get started on the patty's. Have good night all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Greetings all,

Having severe embroidery machine problems at the moment that may end up costing me an arm & a leg to repair. This may just be another retirement in the making, oh well.
              Other than that everything is cool
              Stopped in to check on grandson, he’s OK & returning to school tomorrow!
              YB has a case of the grumps for absolutely no reason! Ha ha!!!!

PQ, enjoy the balmy weather! Our temp is dropping below freezing right now, still 0 snow, strange.

Pauly, weara a mask around those kids, Lol

Cyn, I gave a loaf of that cinnamon bread to my son last evening. He even texted me this morning to say thank you so it must have been good.
              Don’t wear yourself too thin!

Mick, I think it’s time for you to get a weather break!
              Keep the bunnies & your hair safe in all that windy wetaher.

Hello to Det & Sam. Check in fellas!

Have a nice night all!
              Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae everybody, Cyn how sweet of you to take some food to her cuz she forgets to eat, wish I could forget to eat haha, yep some of these late 70's and 80's people are so energetic and active they give me hope and I love cutting their hair and am astounded by them PQ, hamburgers sound good but I'm going with sliders tonight, so easy and cheap! Lav, bread must have been good if you got a thank you text, Mick hope the weather is nice today, much love to all and wishes for a great BF Fryday for us all!

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Greetings everyone,

Hi Pauly, just you & me here so far today? I think Mick may have posted on last week’s thread, I’ll check.

Cold here but sunny & dry. The weather folks said the weekend will be like Spring. Sounds good to me
                  Spent the day researching & watching videos so I think we make be able to fix my broken machine - maybe!. I hate calling a service tech because the closest one lives in NJ & I owe him $300 just get here. Then more when he has to replace parts, labor, etc. I don’t want to put out that kind of money anymore. My assistant YB is going to help - I think!

I’ll go & check on Mick, hello PQ, Cyn, Det & Sam!

Have a nice night everyone!
                  Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

MAE ALL...

Lav...is the broken machine one of the second hand ones you got or is it one of yours? I'd hate to bring in the repairman too at that price. Hope YB is a help.
                    And you're right. I've copied Mick's post over to here.

Greetings all and how are we today then question mark hope all is well the weather is performing as per lots and lots of lovely rain, But Wait For It tomorrow morning we are forecast to have sunshine not all day just the morning then back to rain again and next week we are in to storm Edna I think it is. Ok I'm going to show let's have a brew

Hiya pauly and how are you today then question mark hope all is well with you yes us 60-year olds are quite active as well haha not yesterday the day before I did 22000 steps on my Fitbit hope you have a great weekend

Hiya lav how are you? Hope all is well is the embroidery machine still broken or have you managed to fix it don't know about balmy weather we're having absolute barmy weather... it was trying to snow here earlier on but then turned to rain in fact the only thing it hasn't done is let yellow rays out

Hiya p p q p and how are you today then question mark hope all is well in Canadia 1958 is 2 minutes till 8 at night yes I do use Google to check and search the internet, and yes you wouldn't have to leave some of of the rubbish that comes up
                    Here's one for you you know how you said that's all cost quite a substantial amount of money to raise the in-ground plot ? No bearing in mind it is a community Project and helps the community is it not a viable proposition to get some local Assistance and my local Assistance I mean those convicted of crime but serving a community sentence or indeed prisoners who are eligible for day release.. it would be massive kudos for them and also great publicity for you

Hello to everyone else but here there and everywhere take care and have a great weekend

Mick...that suggestion of "local Assistance" is an interesting one. I'll have to do some investigating to figure out who to contact. I just know that it'll just be us regulars showing up to do all the work. Of course it's 2 minutes to 8 how difficult was it for me to subtract 1200! Hope you can enjoy some of the sunshine before the weather turns. We're expecting flurries and then snow tomorrow.

Pauly...I really enjoy the seniors at my work. We have a great time together, they just say it like it is. Haha.

Time to relax, so glad it's Friday. Have a great night all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae all -

Another long one, just got home at 7:30, fed and walked the dog and then opened the pad to talk to you all and found a Message from an acquaintance from 20 years ago, sharing some some professional memories about that time... made me think back and think about the whirlwind my life has been for the last almost 2 decades... much of which has been posted on this site... once again thanks all for being here.i actually looked at FB too this evening, first in a long time. Some day I'll have a little more normal existence! Maybe!? Anyway, in the midst of this political madness it is sometimes comforting to go back to the past - briefly-

Wishing all a good night and happy tomorrow - I think it is Saturday? With these strange work weeks, I get confused!

Happy moments to you all -

Comment

Mae everybody, Mick 22,000 steps is fab! People don't realize that you really do hafta move alot to get those steps, quick runs to the grocery store and walking around the house don't cut it, takes effort! PQ, how's your son doing? How are you doing? I'm still figuring out this iron thing, doc called me and said my ferritin level is low but overall things look ok and to keep taking the iron but omg those pills make me sick! Cyn, busy, busy you are! Glad you got a little down time and just meaningless scrolling on fb, frickin DT was in town yesterday and people were lined up around the corner! He's got his followers yet so did Hitler I suppose, sorry to bring up political stuff I'm just baffled by the whole thing and really have had to take a step back, the caucus is here today too, little Bernie seems to be taking off like a bullet, I like him but wonder if he's healthy enough to really get the job done? Anyhoo enough on that (sorry) Lav, hope all the g-kids are feeling better, I pulled my back trying to wrestle Romeo into his carseat yesterday, oh jeez I hafta lift him in a specific way and I guess I forgot yesterday haha, much love to all and wishes for a great BF Saturday!

Comment

Hi everybody how are we today then? Hopefully I've got the right thread today !I was doing it on my phone yesterday so it obviously has a mind of it's own. Pouring down with rain out here and yes blowing a gale both rabbits are in the conservatory and playing between there and the garage I stopped load of food inside toilet rolls and they have made a real mess ripping them apart, but it can always be cleared up later on. I was thinking about going metal detecting tomorrow, certainly not thinking about it now been up on the railway this afternoon putting a new signal lights, and now I'm watching the rugby Scotland vs Italy

Hiya pauly how are you today ? hope all is well with you despite the visitation of Mr Trump hope you have a great weekend

Hello tree girl how are you ? Hope all is well and the weather is a bit better than is here the same as you I often look back at the years and think where have they gone The key is to live for today hope you have a great weekend
                          Hiya ppqp how are you doing today? Hope all is well yes that's really worth looking in to see if you can get the extra help ..after all it iscommunity payback isn't it? Have you still got snow there?

hiya Lav yep I posted on the wrong post !!!hows the machine fixing going? hope you get it all sorted correctly without shelling out 300 dollars just to get someone there ...another thing is ..why dont you ask on fb or pininterest if anyone near you has any knowledge of that type of machine?you never know.

wonder where everyone else went that used to be on here ...

I had been at the pub till midnight.

When I got to the bottom of the stairs, I got undressed, switched off the lights and started to sneak up.

"What the fck are you doing?" asked the bus driver.

Modern university exam question: If we divide 125 genders by 3 bathrooms how much climate change do we have?

My window cleaner was in a filthy mood today.
                          Banging, clattering, swearing.
                          I think he's lost his rag.

I arrived at the restaurant a bit early.

"Would you mind waiting for a while?" asked the maitre d'.

"Not at all," I replied.

"Good," he said, "take these burgers and chips to table 7."

Three priests were in a railroad station on their way home to Pittsburgh. Behind the ticket counter was a very sexy, shapely, well endowed woman wearing a very tight, skimpy sweater. She made the three priests very nervous, so they drew straws to determine who would get the tickets.

The first priest approached the window. "Young lady, I would like three pickets to titsburg", He completely lost his composure and fled.

The second priest goes to the window. "Young lady, I would like three tickets to Pittsburgh and I would like the change in nipples and dimes". Mortified, he too fled.

"Morons...." the third priest mutters and moves to the window. "Young lady, I would like three tickets to Pittsburgh and I would like the change in nickels and dimes. And, if you insist on dressing like that, when you get to the pearly gates, St. Finger's going to shake his Peter at you".

They took the bus.

Womanly Truisms

Life is an endless struggle full of frustrations and challenges, but eventually you find a hair stylist you like.

Perhaps you know why women over fifty don't have babies: They would put them down somewhere and forget where they left them.

One of the life's mysteries is how a two pound box of candy can make a woman gain five pounds.

The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing in the right place, but also to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment.

Time may be a great healer, but it's also a lousy beautician.

Brain cells come and brain cells go, but fat cells live forever.

Life not only begins at forty, it begins to show.

Just when I was getting used to yesterday, along came today.

If at first you don't succeed, see if the loser gets anything.

I had to give up jogging for my health. My thighs kept rubbing together and setting my pantyhose on fire.

Amazing! You just hang something in your closet for a while, and it shrinks two sizes.

Age is important only if you're cheese or wine.

The only time a woman wishes she were a year older is when she is expecting a baby.

Freedom of the press means no-iron clothes.

Inside some of us is a thin person struggling to get out, but she can usually be sedated with a few pieces of chocolate cake.

Fifteen minutes after the Titanic sank, Arthur and John find themselves hugging a piece of wreckage from the great ship.

The water is freezing, sharks are swimming nearby and of course, the Titanic is long gone.

"Oh well," says Art, "It could have been worse".

"Worse? How could it have been worse"? screams John.

"We could have bought return tickets".
                          Last edited by Mick; February 22, 2020, 10:17 AM.
                          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Hidy ho ABErooooooos!

oh my, been bouncing about like a pinball I tell ya. more than 20 photo shoots since I last posted. whew! but also... yay!

GF had VIP invites to some political thing we weren't even sure what it is (through her work) it was the Dem caucus here in Vegas recently. I was
                            close enough to Bernie, Warren, Biden etc I could have bounced a dinner roll off of them. But the security was heavy to I kept my table manners.
                            It was entertaining at least and fancy dinner to boot. We accidentally got seated at Biden's table so security was all over us... and i don't even do well
                            in crowds... egad.

anyhoo, just been a crazy busy guy but made it to a Refuge meet yesterday morn which was great. Learning some italiano every day ono duolingo which is fun.
                            There's a lovely Netflix show "the gardens of Italy" so I'm taking mental vacations that way. Still cooking most nights when I'm not working late.

Lav, for sure do the DIY fix on the embroidery machine if you can.... youtube to the rescue! hope that works.

Treegirl, sorry they have you working so late... that's crazy. we just work ourselves to death in this society it seems. ommmmm ommmm.
                            i'm going to figure out how to get my bum to Italy and live in the countryside... so there!

Pauly, are you enjoying the storm and lightning? LOL i like the lightning part for sure...hope to get a pic.

Mick, did that sunshine roll in for you?

PPQ, skiing to work?

ok, time to figure out something garlic-infused for dinner....

be well loves!
                            nosce te ipsum
                            (Know Thyself)

Comment

Mick, cross posted with you. rain everywhere!
                              nosce te ipsum
                              (Know Thyself)

Comment

ps... we got stuck on the 515N last night behind Turnips motorcade. ack! it took an extra hour to get home.
                                nosce te ipsum
                                (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                                X