23 feb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 23 feb

Lav, sorry to read of your family's loss...
    Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

I'm going to get help with my flu from the newly appointed faith healer, M Pence, maybe he will do a laying of the hands
      Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

hiya all ...how are we today?hopefully we are all ok ..firstly Lav,hope you are ok that isnt meant to sound flippant or anything ..I hope you are managing ok Just hope her dad pulls through.just shows you the necessity of living for today...tomorrow isnt a given .Ive still got a bit of the sniffles ,but nope it isnt no virus!!...jeez
        We still have the rain hammering down here ,the garden is floodednow .and on top of that we await storm Jorge ...and thatsontop of the discovery of more cases of corona virus

Why Spanish Storm Jorge and not Storm Ellen will hit the UK this weekend - ITV News

lets have a brew .

Hiya Sam ..hope you are feeling better mate..did you see the new faith healer .?

hiya Pauly ..hows you then?hope all is well ...wow that sounds like a good meal you made !Nah the weather here is the same bordering on worserer...this place will sink soon !

hiya tg ..howsyou then ?apart from trying to get on an even keel again!so what is it you want to be more effective?what do you want as an outcome .if you work that out then we can work out a strategy to achieve it .

hiya ppqp..hows you then? good I hope .yes all this crap kind of knocks the bottom out of travelling at the moment..I was actually thinking of going to Tenerife end of this month as its Julies birfday...that isnt going to happen..need to think of another pressie but havent a clue what.Its good you talked out the future with your sons ..not a nice subject but an inevitable one.hope you have a good weekend

hiya Det hows you then buddy?apart from kidz that is...youll be right mate .

hiya Lav...how are you feeling today?you are right ..there isnt a lot you can say,but please look after yourself .

big shout to all..have a nice weekend ..
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Mae all -

PPQ, I see that we x-posted yesterday! Interesting that you mentioned "the talk" and getting docs together... that's just what I hope to motivate folks to do... hope your weather is doing OK.

Mick, what a spring for you - dear me.I think that a stay-cation might be just the thing until they figure this virus out... hopefully safer at home. And thanks for the new name! I LOVE being called Treacle - if it's pudding, that is.

Pauly, your dinner sounded delish - wish I had one of those old-fashioned pans still!

Lav, I hope your son and boys made the trip safely - how are you doing in all this?

Det, I second the hope that counseling will help things - very hard to be keeping up your amazing schedule and dealing with that stre
          Last edited by treegirl; February 28, 2020, 05:34 PM.

Comment

Greetings all,

Happy to report my son & grandsons arrive in FL just before 6 am. Can’t believe my kid would pull an all nighter on I-95 like that but he did, haha!
            I hear DIL’s Dad is stable despite an incredible number of fractured bones, bruised lung, lots of lacerations, etc. They even got him out of his ICU bed & into a chair for a while today which is awesome! He definitely will be facing a long recovery but he’s a strong guy, Vietnam Vet too. No plans for a funeral yet, there’s no rush for that I guess.
            I try to remember to spend a few minutes every day being grateful & now I will be sure to never miss a day. You just never know when your end is near.

Cyn, glad you finally turfed that client, haha. Your blog sounds outstanding, I’ll love to see it too

Mick, sorry about all the rain, geez. Better than a drought I guess?
            Staying home until this pandemic crisis is over sounds like the wisest thing to do. I am in the process of putting together some emergency supplies ~ just in case! Better to be prepared & all that.

Sam, thanks & I’ll tell you what - if Mike Pence ever put a hand on me I’d bite it right off, LOL
            Can’t stand the guy in any way, shape or form. Feel better soon!

Pauly, I love one pot cooking, roasting, steaming, whatever!!!
            I also love leftovers SO I make extra!

PQ, glad to hear your son is doing well.
            As far as last wishes are concerned we have all that worked out with our kids. I’ve warned them if they deviate from my wishes I WILL haunt them. We have burial plots, headstone carved, all that.

Det, I hope your youngster settles don again. It is a hard age & they need to be reminded that it’s temporary & things will get better.
            I’m so happy you have seen so much business success recently.

Well I hope we all have a decent night!
            Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

afternoon all ...howare we then ? good hopefully ...strange as this may seem ...we have blue sky out there ..to the extent I was playing in the garden this morning!put some geraniums in...and did a bit on the railway ...I made up one of the old Lancashire cotton mills on the top bit..made out of mdf and card ...and lots of patience !! its just rough at the moment ...needs tidying up but just wanted to see what it looked like .

20200228_103013.jpg

20200229_101024.jpg

and this is a real mill...

Horrockses_Cotton_Mill,_Preston.jpg

quick brew ..

Hiya Lav ...you ok?I take it that its a fair distance for your son to drive?hopefully dil s dad will make a good recovery ,though he has a lot to think about in the times ahead ..lets hope he is as emotionally strong as he is physically.As you say every day aint a given just be grateful we enjoy it and can remember it without a haze of booze .yes Florida in May ...after that take stock of the world and its condition ..Tenerife doesnt seem so inviting at the moment...

this is one of the things we want to do..

North Coast 5 | VisitScotland they actually call it Scotlands route 66

hiya teegee aka treacle ....hows you then ? good I hope ..yes it def looks like it may be a staycation after Florida..(see above )take the little van around the top of jockland .have a good weekend

hiya pauly ..how are you doing?you ok? you working this weekend?hope its good no matter what you are up to .

hiya ppqp..how are you today then?did you manage to get the cards in yesterday?how is your lad doing? is he ok?hope so .

right peeps have a good weekend ....

My scouse mate was inconsolable after his house burnt to the ground.

"Everything," he sobbed, "everything I ever stole was in that house."

My wife had been missing for six days and an officer knocked on my door to tell me they found her safe and sound.

"Thank fck for that !" I exclaimed, nearly sobbing, as I threw my arms around the copper... "I was down to my last ironed shirt !"

Greta Thunberg has told her supporters that the devastating effects of climate change are clear for all to see. No one had the heart to tell her that Bristol always looks like that.

The three main things I've noticed about getting old is I've become forgetful.

Walking round our market today, there was a stall selling eggs that were cubed and a good six inch across

"Holy crap!" I exclaimed. "Are these for real?"

"Certainly are" replied the vendor. "Every day, my hen Gertie lays two of these bad boys, three yolks in each and they're absolutely delicious."

"Wow, that's amazing" I said.

"Aye, it is. But that's not the best bit" he told me. "She actually speaks while she's laying 'em"

"No way!!" I gasped. "What does she say?"

"GNNNNNNYAAAAARGH!!!!"

"Facebook cancels annual conference over coronavirus fears"

So much for McAfee.
              af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Re: fragment.
                From yesterday, see below - I had a glitch in the middle of the post, and there was NO way to go forward - the I-beam disappeared, I posted the fragment then tried to Edit to continue, nope, tried to log out and back in, nope. So I am not as crazy as it might have seemed yesterday... Anyway, all continues below!

"Mae all -

PPQ, I see that we x-posted yesterday! Interesting that you mentioned "the talk" and getting docs together... that's just what I hope to motivate folks to do... hope your weather is doing OK.

Mick, what a spring for you - dear me.I think that a stay-cation might be just the thing until they figure this virus out... hopefully safer at home. And thanks for the new name! I LOVE being called Treacle - if it's pudding, that is. PS- that Scotland drive looks fantastic. And your mill reminds me of the BBC production "North and South" did you ever watch that? Recommended.

Pauly, your dinner sounded delish - wish I had one of those old-fashioned pans still! PS - last night made lemon-Thyme chicken thighs in the IP, 5 minutes, glazed baby carrots 3 minutes, yum!

Lav, I hope your son and boys made the trip safely - how are you doing in all this? pS - so glad to hear they are safe. Wow, the boys survived together in the car all that time? Strength to all --

Det, I second the hope that counseling will help things - very hard to be keeping up your amazing schedule and dealing with that stress. Good luck!!!

PPQ, I hope Alberta escapes Covid-19, that would be great. Cross fingers. My hubs is immune-compromised and already has lung issues, so we are already practicing the hand-washing and bumping up all immune-building and hydration. He works in a place with people from all over the world traveling into work; they may have to close for some amount of time. Plus, there's NYC, oy! What can one do but be prepared?

Sam, take care of yourself! At least perhaps you are not in a densely populated area, that is good for escaping the C-19. I love your response and Lav's to Pence... keep that man away from me too!

Sending all good wishes for this Saturday. I am off to do do taxes and work on my blog... stay tuned...

Comment

Good evening friends,

So grateful for a visit from granddaughter & her family today. I needed to see some happy faces!
                  We had a post birthday celebration for our 9 year old young lady too
                  We’re doing fine, just moments of sadness which are to be expected after the sudden death of an extended family member. I had some text messages from my DIL today looking for advice re her Dad’s eventual hospital discharge & rehab. She thanked me & said she would stay in touch. That, in & of itself is progress as far as I’m concerned considering how hard headed she’s been the past few years.
                  We’ll see how all this unfolds in good time.

Mick, your factory looks like the real thing, good job!!!
                  Nice you finally got some outdoor time today. We had a sunny but cold & windy day here.
                  The drive from here to Orlando, FL is just under 1,000 miles!!!!! My son has always liked to drive but that is one long trip to drive yourself. Personally I couldn’t do it, no way!

Cyn, you didn’t seem any crazier yesterday than any of us, LOL
                  I hope your husband & you can both limit travel until C-19 is under control. My husband’s cousin’s daughter is currently doing a semester in Rome. I think they will be sending her home now.
                  I’m content to pretty much stay put until we get the ‘all clear’ signal

Hello to PQ, Pauly, Det & Sam. Hope everyone is A-OK!

Have a nice night all!
                  Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                  X