1 Mar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 1 Mar

Mae everybody, funny jokes Mick Happy birthday to Julie, that's funny about the 2 cards no envelope, Sam, did your voice come back? Lav, glad son and grandsons made it home safe, hows everyone holding up? PQ, I'm sorry your son is in another down mood I think bi-polar is one of the trickier ones to get the medications right, sometimes people can manage anxiety and depression without meds but bi-polar is another story I think, hugs to you both, clocks change this weekend and I'm freaking out! Can barely wake up now, imagine when we lose an hour sheesh, much love to all and wishes for a great BF Wednesday!
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Mae all -

Sorry to be away, nutty days as usual, plus a flat tire (tyre) yesterday. The biggest disruption yesterday was getting a call from step-daughter (the COO of a CA Community Health Center) who had a high fever and chills, etc. overnight. So we went into action-planning from afar while she went home, spoke to docs, saw a doc. By evening she was back home; doc believes it is flu and she's picking up a tamiflu prescription. They didn't test her for C-19, which I think is a little strange, except for the fact that she had no respiratory issues. So, hopefully we have dodged that bullet! It did remind me that we need to talk to her once again about a will, health directives, etc. I ask each year, but she never does it. It's time. Hopefully I will have time today to set up a blogpost and get info out to help all interested people.

Mick, I love the image of the rabbits waiting for you at 9 PM each night! Same thing goes on here...

Lav, thanks for the updates. So terrible about the state of the truck driver. Most people don't know the cost to society of alcohol... it really is a huge public health risk, for drinkers and non-drinkers alike. I'd love to see the CDC address that issue!

Hi Pauly, keep protecting yourself... we haven't seen the end of this yet. I did stock our house with some food and water... just in case we have to "shelter in place". Suggesting a menu item below... did it last night and hubs loved it. Take care, and sorry about the wind!

Det, so nice to hear of the strong bond with your lady. Good job circumventing girly! Sending good job vibes to you - it is happening!

Sam, so sorry for the bad bug, sheesh, keep on healing!

PPQ - here's a quick dinner - if you can find turkey cutlets at the store - purchase a little packet of "pancetta" (chopped up Italian bacon, 4 oz), a bunch of Swiss chard, onion, garlic if you want and 1 lb of turkey cutlets (thin sliced turkey breast.) Brown the pancetta, add the chopped onion a little garlic at the end. The cooked chopped greens go in a pot with 1Tb of water - when the bacon mix is done, thrown that in the pot, and steam it with the greens. Done. Then just flash-sauté the turkey cutlets, a few minutes on each side, and serve over the greens. Yum! (If you want to make the greens creamy, add a little sour cream). I had another serving for breakfast thus morning!

OK off to slay the Taxes dragon today, Hell or high water.

PS- Mick, especially loved the Yorkshire health brigade, and the "dial nine" jokes - thanks for the laugh!

Comment

PS - happy birthday to Julie, Mick - good luck with the envelope situation...

PPQ - how is your son doing today?

Cheers all -

Comment

Greetings Abbers,

Nice day here sunny & 60 degrees today
          Went to Costco to load up on necessities & a few things to put away, just in case we can’t get out (like coffee, haha)
          I had no choice but to rip an Amazon seller a new butt hole. I ordered an expensive box of 50 3 ply disposable masks (just liked we used in the hospital0. What they sent me was crappy, single ply masks made in who knows where, not in the uS as advertised. Can’t be bothered sending them back so I’ll use them (doubled up) when cleaning the chicken coop. Look out for shady online sellers taking advantage of us

Mick, please tell Julie happy Birthday from me too! Funny about the card/envelope.
          Like you, I have plenty of things to do around here to keep me away from crowds. The US death toll from the virus is now 11. I don’t want to add to the total.

PQ, it sure does sound like you need a med tweak. Changing meds usually helps. It happens more than you think. I hope you feel better very soon & the weather gives you a break.

Pauly, I think my body is getting ready for the time change. I’ve been waking up earlier each morning for about a week, Lol
          Getting the extra sunlight is worth it in the end!

Cyn, sorry your SD is dealing with flu. Tamiflu worked wonders on YB so I hope it helps her as well.
          I asked my son yesterday if there was any update on the driver. He wasn’t hurt & is reported to have tried to blame the accident on the car he passed like a wild man causing his to swerve into oncoming traffic. Nice try, huh? FL seems to be slow gathering the info they need to press charges against him. I know that would have been done within 24 hrs had it happened up here
          I haven’t gotten any updates on DIL’s Dad today so I hope that means he’s stable. Your turkey dish sounds delicious!!

Hello to Det & Sam. Hope you guys are doing well.

Have a nice night everyone.
          I’m going for dental work tomorrow that may involve an extraction or two, pray for me Ha ha!!

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...I'm surprised you're offering the second card free of charge. Thought you'd save it and use it again next year. Haha It was light but not dry for me this morning. Woke up to a dump of snow but temps increased and most of it melted. Guess we're in for a whollap on Saturday though, up to 5 inches and temps around 14F. Can't decide if March is coming in like a lion or a lamb. Not so achy today, maybe it was a one off. Didn't even stiffen up while playing cards this afternoon. LOL

Pauly...you are so right, managing bi-polar is a challenge but it can be done. He seemed pretty good last night and he's not home at the moment. Perhaps he was able to get into see his therapist, I hope so.

TG...I took my vehicle in for my last free oil and change and when I picked it up they told me there was a nail in one of the tires. Gee, thanks for calling and asking if I wanted it fixed, NOT. So about every 3 weeks I have to add air. My Xmas present, portable air compressor, has paid for itself ten fold. LOL The nail can just stay there till I buy new tires. Hope your SD's diagnosis is correct. I don't know who was talking on the news at one point but said they were concerned about the lack of testing being done in the US. I love swiss chard but have never tried pancetta. This recipe sounds ace so thanks I'll be trying it out. Good luck with the slaying. LOL

Lav...never even thought of stocking up on coffee! Guess since it's like a staple I don't think of it but will now. I'm not an Amazon shopper and he deserved a new butt hole. It's so sad how some people take advantage during crisis's. I think it's disgusting. So on the med front this is my 4th different biologic. Dr said after this it would be transfusions in the hospital once a month, don't want to go there. I do feel there is more I could be doing diet/exercise wise. I'm just extremely paranoid with any new aches/pains after the fractured ribs! I hope your DIL's Dad is stable too, they've got a long road ahead of them. I just bet that driver is blaming everything and everyone he can, he's facing manslaughter charges as far as I can see.

Here you go....p.jpg
            Shout out to Det and Sam. Hope we all have a good night....:smile:PPQP

Don't know why I'm getting the thumbnail but I give up trying to edit this post any more. LOL
            Attached Files
            Last edited by porqoui; March 4, 2020, 08:35 PM.

Comment

And good afternoon all how are we today then? Hope all is well. at the moment I'm sitting in the dentist car park awaiting my appointment at 2:30 no no joke about the tooth hurty it is legit. I snapped one of the implants last night apparently I have a bite strength worse than Hannibal Lecter haha so no waiting for assessment and to empty a lot of money out of my wallet I don't think that we taking out something about today it takes about an hour to prepare up to start with. Lovely sunny day here today, better places to go and sit outside the dentist but there are going there aren't too many crowds here. The stockpiling scenario is over here as well, it was on the news this morning so let's have a coffee before I run out!

Hello ppqp and how are you today then? Hope all is well in the land of Harry and Megan haha . yes the card would be free however postage would probably be the double! Have a great afternoon

Hello everyone else I was going to do this individually, but just seen the time it is 14:17 so best I get my skates on so for one and all hope you have a great afternoon and a great safe evening I will see if I can go on later on and put some jokes on looks like the word on has become my favourite word! Take care see you later
              af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Mae everybody, just a quick bueno this morning and wishes for a great BF Thursday!

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Tis me ....back again at the dentist next week ...wow that hurt a bit .

Experts are confident that washing our hands regularly will combat coronavirus but say they are expecting an outbreak of OCD.

World book day has been a fantastic success on Mersyside with libraries reporting record numbers of thefts.

President Trump said that he hasn't touched his face in weeks as a safety precaution amid the Coronavirus outbreak.

Big deal. You haven't touched reality for years.

What's the difference between a piano and a fish?
                  You can tune a piano but you can’t tuna fish!

A horse walks into a bar.
                  Several patrons got up and left as they recognized the potential danger in the situation.

Why do gorillas have big nostrils?
                  Because gorillas have big fingers.

What did batman say to robin before they got in the car?
                  "Get in the car."

What do you call a person in a tree with a briefcase?
                  A branch manager!

A man goes to the doctor for his annual check-up, and the doctor tells him, "You need to stop masturbating."
                  The man asks, "Why?"
                  The doctor replies, "Because I'm trying to examine you"

Knock knock.
                  Who's there?
                  Little old lady.
                  Little old lady who?
                  I didn't know you could yodel!

What do you call someone with 6 eyes, 2 mouths and 3 ears?
                  Ugly!
                  af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Heya ABeroooonies!

well dang, still not feeling 19 for a dozen yet but giving hell for trying. Had painfully low energy yesterday but started eating again. jeepers not fun.
                    bit better today and drug myself to the sauna for a clensing. Got some beet poweder and ashwaganda. Doesn't taste great but spose to be good for various
                    things.

Mick, good lord aren't you sick of my UK dentristry jokes? glad you got it fixed for sure.

Just back from walmart and they have zero hand sanitizer, rubbing alcohol or bleach in the entire place and there are people asking for them left and right. Feeling a tad
                    like I'm starring in my own dystopian SciFi movie. which is almost fun but not quite. We got our first case/s of Covid19 in Vegas announced this morn.

PPQ, hows you're son holding up? does he do any kind of group support? it sure has helped me where meds haven't.

still can't do 'thanks and likes' alas. thanks everyone! seriously

Lav, i was studying the ecommerce implications of the virus outbreak and there are single sellers on Amazon that are overnight millionaires as a result. wow.
                    they are selling dust masks with medical tag-words like N95 which is outrageous. bastardos!

Tree, good to see you! I know yer busy

Lav, cooking up anything new/weird lately? I'm going safe tonight with a marinara and fresh salad.

Pauly, that was a quick pop-in . hope all is spiffy.

well, got the house all bleached so it smells.... clean in here between all of us touching stuff at work, school and grocery store
                    it seems logical.

it's so good to have an appetite again! ok, going to start cooking early....

be well loves
                    nosce te ipsum
                    (Know Thyself)

Comment

Greetings Abbers!

Well I had fun at the dentist today (NOT)
                      I now have two less teeth in my big mouth, haha! I’ll be going back in 3 weeks to get fitted up for replacement teeth.
                      This is all due to bone loss in my jaw

Mick, you snapped another implant? I just had a long discussion with my dentist about implants & honestly I decided to go with the bridge he initially offered. It gets glued in, like a crown & I probably shouldn’t be able to break it - we will see

Det, didn’t cook today, just gummed down some leftovers. I need to stick with soft foods for a few days so I’ll probably make soup tomorrow.
                      I am not really personally concerned about contracting the virus, I spend the majority of my time at home. I am a bit concerned about my kids & grandkids though. My daughter works in a hospital, my son deals with the public in his EMS duties. I know they’re both smart enough to protect themselves but still - a mother never stops worrying. Having an extra clean house won’t hurt for a while

Pauly, hope your day was good!

PQ, I hope the snow keeps melting & spring surprises you early!
                      After several days of above normal temps we are now getting ready for rain & a big temp drop for two days. But Sunday is likely to be near 70 haha.
                      Hope your son is feeling better.
                      Do you know what med they would be transfusing monthly if needed? Sounds like a royal pain, hope you don’t have to do that.

Hello to Cyn & Sam!

Not much else happening so i’ll just wish everyone a nice night!
                      Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

:rant::rant: Just lost my post and no auto save!!! So this one will be short.

Mick...didn't realize you had snapped an implant. Man, you've got some bite there.

Pauly...hope you had a good day at work. I ended up in a meeting with the boss for 2 and 1/2 hours, what a waste. My revenge, I didn't do any work for the rest of the day. LOL

Det...sounds like you're on the mend, slowly. Driving home tonight they announced our 1st covid19 case here in Alberta. Calgary seems to be the same as everyone else, sold out of everything.

Lav...I think implants would be pretty difficult if you've got bone loss in your jaw. I refuse to get them, too many horror stories. I have a bridge and have had zero issues with it. I have no idea what the med is they use for transfusing and I hope I never find out. LOL

Shout out to all the rest. Have a good night....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae everybody, Mick can't believe you snapped a tooth, I thought those things were unbreakable as expensive as they are! Det I'm too the point where I wonder if we've all already had the coronaviris but just thought it was a bad cold, people are being kinda ridiculous with the stockpile crap, PQ, is your son still on the mend? I've been having pissy mood issues myself but I think it's hormones+I've spent so much$$ on different forms of iron cuz I have bad issues with some grr, much love to all and wishes for a great BF Fryday!

Comment

Mae all -

Quick hello - I am within striking distance of slaying the tax dragon, so I am going to keep at it!

Hope everyone heals or keeps feeling well, whichever category you fit into! SD received the tamiflu drug, and is quickly getting better. She wanted to go back to work today, but the boss said no, so it will be more binge-watching "Below Deck" and other reality shows for her for another day or so!! Very relieved for her. In the meantime, C-19 is striking quite close to our home, with people asked to sequester and schools that are closing both quite close to us... and Sunday we had (amazing, but more about that later) waffles in the town where now the schools are closed, of course sitting right next to a family with kids, oh well. I have been vigilant about hands and surfaces for over a week now, and am a drill sergeant at home, so I think all will be well. Got all the supplies to stay in if we need to.

Lav, sorry about the masks/dust/chickens! Sending prayers for all health/healing to your family. Mick, sorry for the sore mouth! Pauly, hope your days are good. Det, feel better soon. PPQ, sorry about the wild ride in the weather... hang on tight! Sam, hope you are better.

OK, off to get my Wonder Woman Tax Fighter gear on... wishing all a safe, sane day.

Comment

X-post Pauly, big hugs to you --

Comment

hi all ..how are we today then? all good hopefully ...well Ive still got the sniffles ...time to barricade myself in the house and fill it with toilet rolls and pasta .....whats that all about ...quite funny listening to the news earlier...all the panic buying ...the minister for health ...dont worry we have set up a contingency with the supermarkets to set up plans for panic buying ...immediately after which the main buyers etc for the big supermarkets came on and said there had been no such thing,,,,bunch of lying gits .
                                lovely blue skies out there today,the rabbits are well at home ..

hiya Lav ..hows you then? glad dog is ok...yep snapped the implant ...apparently jaw guidance for most folk is from the rear teeth ...but for me its the canines that do that ...so they take all the pressure of my jaw moving ...dont forget ..put the teeth under the pilllow...........like you I am not that phased about the virus ..if it happens it happens ,but theres no pint in hiding away from life but at the same time no reason to enhance its chances ...ie going to crowded places where I dont have to, hand washing keeping surfaces clean etc take care and have a good day .

hiya Det ..hows you then? hope all is well ...yep Ive seen a good few of these rip off merchants on the internet ...pretty crap getting rich on those grounds ...justice hopefully in one form or another will prevail.you can still get rubbing alcohol on tinternet at an ok price mate

hiya pauly hows you then?hope all is well with you....stay safe

hiya treacle and how are you then?ok I hope ..like you the virus is pretty close to home ..nearest case to us is about 7 miles..and again like you all is sparkly clean here .stay safe.

hiya ppqp how are you then?all well with you I hope .sorry you lost your post.its so frustrating when that happens and there is no autorecovery..Yes the teeth are pretty much indestructable ...but Ive certainly kept my dentist in business...so a wasted chat with your boss eh?

right peeps have a good one.

Statistics.

Corona virus: whatever the government says the figure is - double it.....

Prince Andrew's girlfriend:
                                whatever he says her age is- . half it

One of the notable symptoms of the Coronavirus outbreak is that it's making Boris's hair neater

I was making my panic-buy shopping list.

Then I realised, I still have most of this stuff from the Millennium Bug.

My friend phoned his boss today and said" due to the coronavirus outbreak I want to self isolate and work from home" his boss said" fck off you are a bricklayer get your arse in here now"

Comment

Working...
                                X