1 Mar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1 Mar

White rabbits ...good morning all.0520am ...just getting ready to go detecting ..its blowing a hooley and then again its dry ...no rain scheduled so we shall see .Just thought I would start the fred off ..take carestay safe .
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Re: 1 Mar

Mae everybody, Mick hope you find something good, I haven't heard from you about detecting in awhile it seems? Lav, can't believe your son made that drive, must have been pure adrenaline pushing him, how does DIL sound? Sad I'm sure but just hope she holds up ok, Cyn, yes limit travel just to be safe, I got one side saying it's just like a flu and the odds are low, yet another side saying stock up on groceries cuz this may spread more, I'm lost! Just want to skip the news all together hahaha, PQ, not sure what's on the menu tonight, getting super burnt out on planning it every week tbh, much love to all and wishes for a great BF Sunday for us all!
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

MAE ALL...

Lav...so glad your son made the drive safe and sound. Maybe this will be a turn around for your DIL. You look after yourself.

Pauly...I hear you about super burn out. I'm often tempted to sign up for one of those weight loss programs where you buy your food from them. At least I wouldn't have to think about meals. LOL

Mick...hope there's no wind where you end up detecting. Speaking of wind some of yours has ended up over here, can you come get it please! We got a blast of snow last night and depending on where you live you got more than others. Guess which category I'm in.

Spent yesterday sorting and clearing out loads of "stuff". Many trips to the good will store, I'm lucky it's close by. Time to get my day started. Have a good one....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Wind ended up here too PQ, should we put the blame on Mick for sharing? Trying white chilli in the Crock-Pot tonight, it was a recipe off FB so we shall see, I hear you on the premade meals but sometimes they're so tiny!

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Greetings friends,

Quiet day to just hang out with dogs & chickens & reflect a little.
          I absolutely have to agree with my DIL that the guy who killed her mother with his truck needs to be brought up on charges & made accountable. State laws differ, not sure how fL handles these things. Her Dad is stable but sure has a lot of healing to do.

Mick, hope you held onto your hair today & found something awesome!

PQ, snow again? Geez, sorry! I took a picture of the pussy willow starting to bloom today, look on FB for signs of Spring.
          I put together a low sodium turkey meatloaf today which we both have come to prefer - tasty

Pauly, I read today that there’s a nursing home in Washington state that has sickened loads of residents with the coronavirus. These people are stationary, the workers come & go so it’s still spreading. I would take the CDC warnings seriously.

Hello to Cyn, Det & Sam.

Have a nice night all. I have go go tuck the chickens in for the night!!
          Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae everybody, Lav was the other driver intoxicated? Maybe you mentioned it but I don't remember, one good thing about this coronaviris scare is that hopefully people will take the precautions to avoid it by washing hands etc and it'll cut down on flu/cold spreads too my man Pete dropped out of the race, was sad to read that PQ, the chili tasted good but was too watery, think I put in too much broth oh well, Mick hope you found some treasure, much love to all and wishes for a great BF Monday!

Comment

And good afternoon all how are we today then? hope everybody is doing ok. Yet again another day of stupid weather over here it's snowing first thing this morning sunny now but the clouds are dark and it looks like it's going to rain in addition to that it is really windy full stop when detecting yesterday day found absolutely nish nada nothing zilch but it was a decent day out and sunny a lot of the fields were still under water went to the shops this morning to get some of that hand cleanser not a chance completely sold out in all the shops I managed to get some some of the stuff that you rub into your hands and then supposed to wash off after not a lot of people realise yet that it's the Rubbing into your hands that destroys the germs not the washing off so I got quite a few bottles of that also a couple for Julie's Dad for when people go to his house I've already seen on eBay the prices are going absolutely crazy for the stuff just think we might be getting near the day where we use vodka to clean your hands as opposed to get hammered haha ok let's start the afternoon with a brew

Hiya pauly and how are you today then? hope all is well yes I'll take the blame for the wind but not a personal basis haha you take care and have a good day

Hiya ppqp how are you today then question mark hope all is well in Canadian land talking about meals getting delivered, that's what we do do Julie chooses the meals on a weekly basis, they send the ingredients with the recipes and we make it it it is usually me that makes it believe it or not it's saves our grocery bill a fortune every month I didn't ever think it would in fact I was dead against the idea when she first mentioned it but in fairness I can't fault it we don't have any waste groceries anymore and eat pretty healthy too as for the weight on the 30th of December I came back from Tenerife at 12 stone 8 this morning I was 11 stone 4 which was roughly around the way I was when I was a lot fitter and younger neither of which apply now haha I never get my head round going to the charity shop I take lots of stuff and then bring lots back it should really be called the crap for crap store have a great day

Hiya lav
              You ok? Hope so didn't have to hold on to my hair yesterday at all I left it at home in the cupboard but still found nothing so you made a Meat Loaf yesterday did you? Like a bat out of hell... going at talking the chickens in I thought I was the only one that had a streak of insanity when it came to pets every night at 21 I go out and give them both a treat the jump up on the ledge and are sitting there at 9 bang on the button waiting for said treat

Hiya T&G hope all is well with you in this mad world we live take care take it easy

Great books that's it I'll see you then put some jokes after at the moment my brain is fried take care have a great day

BREAKING NEWS.............................

Following the Corona Virus outbreak. Yorkshire has raised the crisis level to "Put kettle on" and issued protective clothing to all Yorkshire defence volunteers

87744443_2773456989387717_9048444877951467520_n.jpg
              Last edited by Mick; March 2, 2020, 09:38 AM.
              af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Happy Un-hung Monday ABerooodles!

DEFCON: "put the kettle on" oh my!

Pauly and I are trying not to blow away down here ourselves. Feeling a tad wintery this morn for sure.
                Glad the white chili and turkey loaf things worked out, good to see my fellow ABers being creative in the kitchen.

wasn't feeling up for it last night with a surprise 'bad stomache' but managed to make girly a gourmet version of Mac N Cheese
                with whole wheat penne pasta, crimini mushrooms, red bell pepper and both Danish Havarti and Italian Pecorino cheeses.
                It was pretty darn good and well received/consumed by all.

thought I was gonna chuck last night for no good reason my stomach flipped-out but seems to be calm enough to get down my morning vitamins
                so we'll see. work has slowed again... it's just feast or famine being a freelancer. Need to advertise more head-shots perhaps.
                Pauly, any local hairdresser hookups? seems they'd want some fashionable current shots for their social media etc.
                Applied to photoshoot a running event at Mt Charleseton next month...we'll see.
                I also got in to visit an art gallery on Sat and really had a good chat with them and one of their gallerist/artists so that's a possibility too.
                things with girly are up and down but mostly in the 'bearable' category with moments of emotional meltdown. oh well. Doing what I can to be
                at peace with myself and the world and so grateful her mum and I have an incredible loving bond.

Managed to get in a hike at Calico Basin yesterday with my cousins while GF and girly were doing girl scouts projects. It was super windy but great
                hiking weather. got some cool shots but don't want to plaster my family online of course.

otherwise, continuing to 'try' to learn Italian on du lingo. I have to say it's an impressive APP.

Please note I still cannot see my PM's or post 'likes or thanks' on the site. ?

Well, off to scour the world for more photo work.

be well loves!
                nosce te ipsum
                (Know Thyself)

Comment

afternoon all,
                  officially lost my voice today, this has been a whooper of an obnoxious bug I caught, I hope I'm on the tail end of this thing, well at least the wife is happy I can't talk!
                  Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Greetings Abbers,

Nice day but now the wind is picking up & rain is supposed to be moving in for the next 2 days.
                    Waiting to hear when my son & grandsons plan on returning - the boys are missing school. DIL’s Dad is stable, moved out of ICU & into a regular hospital room. Will need lots of therapy. DIL is making plans to have him admitted to a rehab near here when he is discharged from the hospital. Transporting him is going to be difficult though.

Pauly, the initial report was that the driver was drunk at 8 am - will have to wait for the official report.
                    Glad you enjoyed your chili. Pete & Klobuchar both quit today I hear!

Mick, there’s usually no one else to talk to around here, so the animals are good substitutes, haha!
                    Love the Viral Squad pic, haha!
                    YB’s cousin’s daughter arrived home today from Rome - her study abroad semester was cut short because of the viral outbreak in Italy.

Det, sounds like you successfully fought off a viral attack, good for you!
                    I hope lots of jobs fall in your lap this week. Would you consider doing pics for Easter? Maybe some people out there would like their kids portraits while they’re all dressed up? Just a thought

Sam, geez, sorry you are still sick! Sending yuo healing thoughts :hug:

Hello to Cyn & PQ!

Have a nice night everyone!

Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

Pauly...don't you hate it when your dish turns out watery! I usually try to thicken it and it just ruins it. Not sure what I'm having for supper tonight.

Mick...I would never have thought you and Julie use a fresh food delivery for your meals. I've been thinking of trying one here but have been hesitant to do so. Interesting to hear that it's actually saved you money. I buy my groceries with great intentions and then don't feel like cooking anything. Or I cook the meal with leftovers in mind and they don't get eaten just thrown out. I may have to actually try this out. The wind shifted direction this afternoon and it was down right miserable. Felt like a winter day. Supposed to get nice for the rest of the week and then some snow again on the weekend. Seems like March is coming in like a lamb but I'm worried about it going out like a lion. We have way too many plans for the community garden to be lambasted with snow. I was looking for the "Thread Starter" banner and it's gone. ABcowboy asked the administrators to change the color and the response was they were just testing it out and forgot to take it down. It's gone now.

Det...like Lav said it sounds like you dodged a virus. Your gourmet version of Mac N Cheese sounds good, wish I was more willing to experiment in the kitchen. I'm glad girly is somewhat stable. My son has slipped back into depression and anxiety again. I really feel helpless to help him but at least he's talking about things and trying to deal with it. It's got to be tough going through the feast or famine and I'm so glad that you've got lots of sober time under your belt. It could be awhile before they upload the 3rd party "like/thanks" to the site.

Sam...oh no. You sure got hit hard this last go around. Hope you're feeling better soon.

Lav...I didn't realize the driver was intoxicated and at 8am!!! I hope he gets the book thrown at him. Yes the transporting is going to be difficult but it can be done. Everyone will be better off if he's closer to home. I'm just so sorry you're all going threw this. :hug: Hope the rain doesn't stick around, you don't need a yard of mud at this point.

Wishing everyone a restful evening....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Lol how are we today then? We're all doing well well was on earlier on today been quite busy not long finished so now it's tea time so Gordon Ramsay is about to make the tea well over here today come and brought to the emergency measures for the coronavirus it seems to be quite drastic over here the measures have been taken and are going to be taken using the army the police recruiting recently retired medical staff need to wait and see what happens Julie's niece is still stuck in South Korea because of school she taught her has been closed because of the virus one of the crazy things over here is this a wash your hands if you can't do that use hand sanitizer but they are out of stock the demand has outstripped the supply big time I'm plus the fact if you look on eBay you see people are selling them at extortionate prices did a bit more than a railway today as well, I've got a new engine coming tomorrow as well hopefully right that's me I'm off to start swearing in the kitchen as good as Gordon does only thing is I will be swearing at myself haha stay safe be good have a great day

Comment

Greetings Abbers,

Swear free here Mick
                          Honestly, good old fashioned hand washing with any soap & water will do & keeping your hands away from your face, mouth, eyes, etc. It’s what we’re supposed to be doing during flu season anyway!

PQ, we seem to be getting short storms, heavy rain & wind then the sun comes out & dries things then the rain returns - who knows?
                          I hope the snow passes you by so you can get the garden going! Sorry about your son’s mood swing. Getting the meds right so his mood is more stable is hard but doable. Hoping for the best!

Last night’s tornado in EF- 3 tornado in Nashville was horrible, 20 some dead. The surrounding area looks like a bomb hit.

Hello to Det & Cyn & Pauly & Sam. Hope everyone is OK.

My son & grandsons arrived home safely this afternoon. Came here for dinner, was happy to see them.
                          DIL’s Dad is experiencing some post trauma complications, not surprised. She is still there with him. I don’t know who has taken over the classes she was teaching.

Have a nice night all!
                          Lav
                          Last edited by Lavande; March 3, 2020, 07:04 PM.
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...wow, did you even take a breath with that post? LOL Another engine? We haven't heard about this one have we? So you send more wind this way, thank you very much. Snow again tonight. Was in early to work to reboot the server and finally got things going around noon. Very frustrating day.

Lav...so glad to hear your son and g/kids got back safely. I don't know if it was kneeling to hook up the monitor to the server or sitting waiting for it to boot but I am one sore puppy tonight. I'm starting to see a pattern, with aches and inflammation starting around the 1st of the month and biologic shot not due until the 15th I think I may need some med adjustments. Anyways still achy so short post tonight.

Have a good night all...:smile:PPQP

Comment

and good morning all.how are we today then? good I hope ..wow its light and dry this morning ..Its also Julies birthday today..a quick indication of how thats going to go ...I bought her a card yesterday....I went to write it this morning ...to find that I had picked up 2 cards and no envelope!!so if anyone needs a wife birthday card with no envelope gimme a shout .
                              Did a bit of work on my model railway yesterday,and did a little bit in the garden..We have a frost so it isnt the best time to do anything .got some bits and pieces of work to do today..including re painting the kitchen....I can find lots of jobs that will keep me out of the crowds! both rabbits are running about outside ..there isnt too much grass its mostly mud!!!
                              ok brew time

hiya ppqp..hows you then? good I hope ..yes you are right ...talking to a machine just sends me into woffle mode ...when I was in the nick I used to do most of my stuff like that ..on a dictaphone whether they be inspections audits meetings reports etc ...poor secretaries!!Soiunds like you need a meds review..says doctor me......have a good day though .

Hiya Lav ...hows you then? all good hopefully .yep hand washing ,keeping away from crowds and a$$holes coughing and spluttering all over the show...Hand sanitiser is ok for when you cant get to wash your hands but not a substitute ..its unreal ..sanitisers have to contain at least 60%alcohol...and on telly this morning it showed someone making it out of vodka..I never thought I would see the day washing hands in it ...still its an alternative to necking it !
                              hows son and grandsons in all this ?hope they are coping ok or as well as can be expected..and you look after yourself .

hiya pauly ..how are you today then?all good in your world ?hope so .you take care .

hiya teegee how are you then? hope all is well with you ...been hiking recently?I havent but hopefully if the weather is any good Friday we will go out for a bimble .

hiya Sam hope you are ok and the cold is better mate .

hiya Det how are you doing?hope all is well you still coping ok with teenagers going on 40?It happens to us all matey...

right folks take care stay safe and well.

So I was in the chemist and I said to the assistant
                              “What gets rid of coronavirus?”
                              She said "Ammonia cleaner."
                              I said "Oh sorry, I thought you worked here...”

TIP OF THE DAY:

Fed up of waiting in long queues?
                              Want to reduce the amount of time you waste waiting to be served?

Cough loudly and say “It’s got progressively worse since I got back from China”

Where has all this fuss about hand-washing come from?
                              I wash my hands once a day, every day. Even if they’re not dirty.

I'll never forget the three days that Gordon Ramsey spent trying to mentor and critique our family's inn.

He picked up a plate of food in the kitchen and sampled it, and he said, "Absolute crap, this is fcking dog food !"

"Oh, sorry," I replied, "I forgot to take that in the back and put it on the floor for Fido."

I received my new laptop from China this morning.

I lifted the display and it started coughing and sneezing.

A little old lady named Hannah checked into a motel on her 70th birthday, but she was a bit lonely.

She thought, "I'll call one of those men you see advertised in phone books for escorts and sensual massages".

She looked through the phone book, found a full page ad for a guy calling himself Tender Tony - a very handsome man with assorted physical skills flexing in the photo. He had all the right muscles in all the right places, thick wavy hair, long powerful legs, dazzling smile, six pack abs and she felt quite certain she could bounce a quarter off his well-oiled bottom...

She figured, what the heck, nobody will ever know. She give him a call.

"Good evening, Ma'am, how may I help you"? Oh my, he sounded sooo sexy!

Afraid she would lose her nerve if she hesitated, she rushed right in, "Hi, I hear you give a great massage, I'd like you to come to my motel room and give me one.

No, wait, I should be straight with you. I'm in town all alone and what I really want is sex. I want it hot and I want it now. Bring implements, toys, rubber, leather, whips, everything you've got in your bag of tricks.

We'll go hot and heavy all night - tie me up, cover me in chocolate syrup and whipped cream, anything and everything, I'm ready!! Now how does that sound"?

He said, "That sounds absolutely fantastic, but you need to press 9 for an outside line".

Q: I asked my new girlfriend what sort of books she's interested in?
                              A: Cheque books she said.

Q: The easiest way to make your old car run better?
                              A: Check the prices of new car.

Q: What is the difference between men and pigs?
                              A: Pigs don't turn into men when they drink.

Q: What's the difference between a good lawyer and a great lawyer?
                              A: A good lawyer knows the law. A great lawyer knows the judge.

Q: Why dogs don't marry?
                              A: Because they are already leading a dog's life!

Q: What's the diff between mother & wife?
                              A: One woman brings you into the world crying & the other ensures you continue to do so.

Q: What's the difference between a good secretary and a personal secretary?
                              A: One says "Good morning, boss". The other says "It's morning, boss."

* Nurse: A beautiful woman who holds your hand for one full minute and then expects your pulse to be normal.

* Boss: We are very keen on cleanliness. Did you wipe your feet on the mat as you came in?
                              New employee: Yes, sir.
                              Boss: We are also keen on truthfulness. There is no mat.

I recently had a visitor from the state of Texas. For three days all I heard from him was "In Texas we have the best this, the largest that, the fastest that," etc. It eventually became very annoying.

I am from Niagara Falls and I thought I could outdo him by showing him the "Magnificent Niagara", knowing there was nothing in Texas that could compare to this "Wonder of Water & Power".

While standing at the brink watching millions of gallons of water rushing over, I noticed the look of awe in his eyes. It was then I asked him: "Do you have anything like this in Texas"?

He waited a moment before he answered: "No, but we have a plumber that could fix it."

Dispatcher: 9-1-1

Caller: Yeah, I'm having trouble breathing. I'm all out of breath. Darn ...I think I'm going to pass out.

Dispatcher: Sir, where are you calling from?

Caller: I'm at a pay phone. North and Foster.

Dispatcher: Sir, an ambulance is on the way. Are you an asthmatic?

Caller: No

Dispatcher: What were you doing before you started having trouble breathing?

Caller: Running from the Police.

A mother asked her small son what he would like for his birthday. "I'd like a little brother", the boy said.

"Oh my, that's such a big wish", said the mother. "Why do you want a little brother"?

"Well", said the boy, "there's only so much I can blame on the dog".

A few years ago, while I was part of a drug study.

I suffered an accidental placebo overdose.

I nearly died from a severe lack of symptoms.

Comment

Working...
                              X