Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: FORWARD -- MARCH --- ARMY March 2020

Have a great rest Lydia Languish:happy2:

I fell over spectacularly on my way out of work last night and have two massive bruised knees. To be honest I'd pull a sicky today if I could but I can't. Strange to fall over when sober. You don't bounce as well.
    I hope the Promite research is coming along JC. Remember to report back what sort of diseases it is going to give us according to current wisdom.
    If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
    Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Evening everyone. Get well soon Brit, know it is frustrating but take it as some you time, being a carer you deserve it. Spring is definitely in the air, was nearly bright when I finished my walk at 7 this morning. Very cold this evening though.

Getting ready for some major upheaval in the house. New radiators in some rooms and new floors. Badly needed but not looking forward to it.

Comment

[MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION]..........Lydia Languish sweetheart. :hug: and a hero.......you've been busy.

The promite research may take a while.
        Early research has hinted that it is just marmite & vegemite mixed together and can only be located on Amazon and I'm not paying £8 plus even if it does include free next day delivery just to find out. Although smearing it in your nostrils may be a good way of avoiding any virus 'they' can concoct and its vegan. Shuld keep everyone happy.

[MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION]..........my deepest sympathies to you. Its like a home invasion.

I always had UB (unexplained bruising)..............at least these days I know what and where it happened. Best one yet was meeting Jenny's new BF when I tripped on the nothing............managed to do a triple salco while extending hand for shaking, jump up and asked him would he like sugar in his tea.
        I was in agony for a month.
        It could be worse, I could be filing.
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Here JAcks - this is a novel idea ? D'ya think we'd like it ?
          Happens to be 2 of my favourite tastes. But together - not so sure mmm..

Comment

Originally posted by brit View Post
            We came across another runner who had collapsed and he had a cardiac arrest. Between us we managed to get a defibrillator , do chest compression and rescue breaths. Got an ambulance and saved his life.
            Bloody hell Brit, that's mental, well done. Can you imagine if you hadn't come across him?? Hope the ankle heals quickly.

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post
            I fell over spectacularly on my way out of work last night and have two massive bruised knees. To be honest I'd pull a sicky today if I could but I can't. Strange to fall over when sober. You don't bounce as well.
            There there Bridge. A sober fall cost me 1.5k on my teeth a couple of years ago.. that hurt. Still, my wine wallet paid for it.

Your Jenny must know a thing or 2 about this virus [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION]. Is it a lot of media hype? That said, I DO NOT want to get it.
            The school thats closed is a stones throw from my inlaws, so they are worried.
            Last edited by IamMary; March 2, 2020, 06:54 PM.
            AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post

Looks absolutely vile
              AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

God Almighty. They mixed Vegemite and peanut butter a few years ago. Blasphemy.
                If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

[MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION].........no she knows as much as we do about this one. Was watching an American virus expert last night and it could be a year before we get a vaccine............which is the norm for seasonal flu. Makes me wonder how many of us just ring in sick, go to bed, feel like crap and go back when we feel better.
                  Her biggest problem is getting three of her year 7s to sit still in a politically correct way as they've got ADHD.

We're a University city and have a mass of Japanese & Chinese students that wear surgical masks and have done for years..............one of the women I used to work with asked one of them why ............they'd been told we have dreadful pollution in England.

Anyone remember foot & mouth when we had to walk through trays of treated anti foot & mouth solution. 2002 was the year.

Now I have had marmite & peanut butter................although raspberry jam & peanut butter are better but honestly that's just pure laziness. I'll get two.

First proper shift at the library today and I still know nothing but the gossip's good.
                  It could be worse, I could be filing.
                  AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Morning all!! Well - as 'frontline' staff (apparently that's what we are termed) I am patiently awaiting my 14 days quarantine ;-) and the library is a positive melting pot of nationalities - has gone from keeping a couple of paces distance from anyone from Asia to now it's any dark skinned (Italian!!) Europeans.... I just feel it hasn't YET seemed to have gotten out of control in Ireland so maybe any precautions taken now may be enough.... still not gonna worry about it.. more worried that all my youngers have the runs!!! the joys
                    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Good morning all--
                      Ankle feeling better today but still not able to put pressure on it.Being spoiled rotten by the family and Mr A seems better-- if this injury didn't stop me running I would milk it for all it is is worth.

Good news about the runner who had the cardiac arrest he is making a good recovery, he has been in touch thanking us for saving his life. Also his family have been in touch to thank us for saving a precious husband and father. So it is worth a sore ankle.

I remember all those bruises I had no memory of. All the bad injuries and broken bones all done when sober. Rustop I also had a massive invoice when I broke my bridge after a sober fall.

Off to the pictures with our 2 for 1 deal Something about Teflon I think. Report follows.

As a 73 year old retired nurse I hope I don't get called back to work as the government are proposing Ha Ha

Comment

Correction not Rusty with the expensive teeth bill but Mary! Sorry, old age problems.

Comment

Well the long-term proposed retirement age here is to be 70 -- I will have to work to 67.. but d'ya know - I don't have a problem with it -- with good health, education, nutrition in the last century -- we all last so much longer in a healthy strong state - my Dad died when he was younger than I am now - but he WAS like an old-ish man -- look at you MrsA out running competitively at 73... I can't imagine there were too many doing that 50 years ago.. I don't feel (physically) any older now than I did 10 or 20 years ago.. so why not work... (tho I do think at 73 you deserve to 'put your feet up' Whiz!!) -- it's just my opinion and I know lots and lots don't agree in this country anyway - but - shit - we can't afford as a nation to be paying out a state pension to folks who are perfectly hale and hearty! - on that note - getting ready for work -- talk later xx

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post

Thats gross, My Uncle used to eat a mixture of Peanut butter and Marmite off his Weetabix for breakfast - Odd bloke.......

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post

So cockneys eat jellied eels.
                            They are alright but I get a little board spitting out the "bones".....

Mash and liquor, now you are talking.....
                            Last edited by Baclofenman; March 3, 2020, 07:00 AM.
                            I am not a Doctor - I am an alcoholic.
                            Thoughts expressed here are my own, often poorly put together and littered with atrocious grammar and spelling.

Comment

Get a GRIP lads -- those combo's sound horrendous!!! Hiya Bacman..

How's everyone?

Comment

Evening Molly and everyone else. All good, except just heard that we have another case of corona virus here. Like you Molly I am dealing with the public in my job but from what they say it needs to be very close contact so I will maintain my personal space. Glad the ankle is improving Brit. Ouch Mary, that was an expensive fall. How are the knees today Bridget?

Woke up at silly o’clock so going to have an early night.

Comment

Working...
                                X