8 Mar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 8 Mar

Mae everybody, in my opinion there should be rent caps everywhere, there's no reason why a landlord should be profiting a couple thousand dollars a month from some homes in some places, that's another reason the homeless has exploded worse here, way worse than when you were here PQ, regular working people are being displaced cuz of sheer greed, enough on that from me cuz I get riled up haha, Cyn the site sounds fun, I'm always on the lookout for recipes I'm not sure if events held outside would be a problem with the virus? We were talking about it at work and I think it's worse to be indoors(like your hubs' dinner) than outside at a concert or something, I just don't know, Michelle is sick as a dog, no fever that I can tell but I'm keeping my eye on her, she worked last week with God knows who so who knows, much love to all and wishes for a great BF whatever day it is, hate the time change!
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

oh my, still alive and well ABerooooos!

what a whirlwind life has been. nothing tragic here at least. sounds like there's plenty going around.... my goodness Lav that poor man. my heart goes out.
      Sam down with the crud, PPQ barely breaking a freeze, Mick is living in a zombie virus movies (I kinda like those movies 0 anyhoo things are crazy all around.

Day 3 not using my nicotine vaporizer. on the patch and doing pretty fine and dandy with the quit so far. My dedicated meditation practice has to be why this nic quit
      has not been so dreadful. At any rate I'll take all the help I can get.

Mick, what a beautiful old coin you found.

Pauly, loving your cute pics on instagram. I haven't had much time lately for artistic pics but intend to get more asap.

Been studying Italian and got my passport renewal application filled out. tonight I'm taking my own passport photos and hope to
      file everything this week. As you can see I'm not farting around.... italy or bust! and bust it may be if this damn zombie virus gets any
      worse over there. mama mia! what crap timing. Oh well. I shall find a way.

Lav, thanks for the note on SK. be great to see more of her but I understand.

Tree, what's the latest greatest?

ok, somebody mentioned pork chops... I'm firing up some leftover smoked pork I made prior. will do that with sun dried tomatoes and penne pasta (gluten free)
      and side salads. oh... made a crazy salad the other day with fresh fennel (bulb and leaves) avo, strawberries, and a fancy cheese made with edible flowers. craziness!

PIC of salad Shared album - London Lewis - Google Photos

trying to drum up biz and the architectural market is still really sketchy... just one shoot tomorrow. i DO have a job waiting in Italy. argh!

So interesting to feel the brain changes happening from only 3 days off of vaping. hard to describe but very good overall. I certainly didn't expect to be
      feeling so decent. yay!

Lav, I thought I read you picked up 300lbs of chicken! ok, that makes more sense. dang! still a load and then some.

ok, ramble over. Off to prep for early dinner as girly has a violin recital tonight... exciting!

stai benne amori miei
      nosce te ipsum
      (Know Thyself)

Comment

Greetings folks,

Det, it’s amazing how much clarity we get when we give up all these damn addictive substances! Still can’t figure out why I was SO fearful to quit all this nonsense. It’s going on 11 years for me & I wouldn’t go back now for anything . I think you are going to have to postpone your Italian launch date for just a bit.

Pauly, I don’t want to be in any crowds anywhere until this pandemic is resolved. Keeping my 6 ft distance from everyone these days.
        I hope your daughter is oK!

Cyn, I know the homeless situation is always worse in bigger cities where they should have access to better resources. Unfortunately it doesn’t seem to work that way. I sure hope your husband didn’t come in contact with any carriers.

PQ, sorry you didn’t get the weather I ordered for you. Hang in there :hug:

No Mick visit today? Must be busy hiding homeless people under his train bridges, haha. Sorry, that was harsh.

I tossed together a Polski one pot type dinner tonight. Smoked sausage, small potatoes, cabbage & seasonings, yum!

Have a nice night all!
        Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

MAE ALL...

TG...thanks for the link I have Damn Delicious bookmarked. You be extra diligent in scrubbing those germs, hopefully everything's fine.

Pauly...I hope Michelle recovers quickly, you don't need to be worrying about that. Yes, I think things have probably changed a lot since I was there last.

Det...I didn't realize you had a job waiting for you in Italy, that really sucks. Good job on quitting the vape, glad it's going ok.

Lav...deep freeze starting again tomorrow and continuing through the weekend. Saturday is only going to be -4F with snow but I was on top of it and booked tomorrow off. Going to self isolate for the weekend. LOL I saw those people under Mick's bridge and thought of you right away. LOL

Mick...I know you have to go back to the dentist on Thursday but can't remember if you were up to something today. Not scrolling back to check. LOL

Short post for me as I'm tired and hurting. Must be almost time for my next shot. Have a good night all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae all -

Mick, did you get back to the dentist? Hope it wasn't too terrible - forgot to say what a lovely old coin you found!

Lav, your dinner sounds yum, but dang I can't do cabbage at the moment... but I bet it smelled delish cooking.

Pauly, what is the latest on the iron? As a renter myself these days, I think you are right... rents are just too high. So sorry to hear about people having to go on the street...terrible. I hope Kell is doing better. OK, so this is what I heard from a prominent Japanese epidemiologist; keep testing lung capacity... if you can take a deep breath and hold it for 10 seconds, you are doing OK... if not, the lungs may be starting to be compromised. Does that sound right Lav?

Det, come stai? Tutti e bene? Bravo! Well, that's about all my Italian... Great job on quitting the vape - you go, mister! And so girlie plays the violin? Is must have meant a lot to her that you went to the recital. Hang onto those Italy dreams for awhile... an Italian friend here flew home just under the ban, got to his parents, and managed to get them to somewhere inSwitzerland for the time being... good luck!

Sam, still getting better, we hope -

PPQ, sorry for your aches, glad that you arranged a day off... those temps are still brutal! Sending you Feel Better thoughts.

Wishing all a safe and healthy day...

Comment

oy oy ABeroooskies!

Tree, that's more Italiano than most! I'm ok but things be crazy all over. Got my one lousy photoshoot today so I've been going backwards financially this month....eeeeeek!
              I'm going to have to join in the huddle under Mick's bridge at this rate. it can be scary. Damn you virus! totally buggered my plans.
              No girly through an absolute fit and did NOT want either of us to see her recital and made us promise to stay outside. she really has some serious issues. sigh... her poor mum.

Caught a very detailed podcast with on of J. Hopkins leading virologists and the virus is creepier than I realized. Now we have better data coming out of S Korea and Italy it seems
              young, strong healthy people are in critical condition with this C19 as it is somehow exploiting strong immune systems to over-react and sicken the patient even more. good grief!
              He says the vast majority contract it not from surfaces but from coughing. So yes ... tutti sono avvisati ... keep yer darn distance from other humans for a while. we were planning to
              visit 'Eataly' at the MGM Grand this Sat but I'm going to say that's a crap idea now. oh well. i can buy olive oil online for now

Sam and PPQ, do feel better. you need to be strong to help the rest of us survive the zombie apocalypse LOL

Day 4 vapeless. hanging in there....

ok, off I go. Andiamo!

be well loves
              nosce te ipsum
              (Know Thyself)

Comment

hiya all ...howzwee today then? good I hope ...been at the dentist today....3,25 hrs in the chair ..twas a tad sore ,,,so much so thatat one stage I was going to get the numbing injection but didnt ..Did a bit on the railway this aft .If you notice now Lav the bridge is now occupied and also they have a bonfire .If you looks the long hopper train ,the individual loads in the hopper ..I found some klinker ash and smashed it up ...made individual bases glued and sprayed it up,,

hi everyone else ,I will go into a more detailed post tomorrow ..atm my face is pretty sore .

hiya det ...I love Italy ...but I guess its off limits for us at the mo...I like Sicily too ...

The Coronavirus has just announced it may have met Trump and is going to self quarantine for 14 days as a result.

Aldi management to day said that because of the panic buying and pandemonium in their stores that they are taking drastic action and opening another till.

The Manchester City v Arsenal match has been postponed after the entire Arsenal team tested negative for talent.

I see Harvey Weinstein has been given help to self isolate

Just back from the shops having done some panic buying.

I’ve stocked up on rice - from China. And pasta - from Italy.

afternoon all ...yesterdays post didnt post I see!..well not long back from a funeral,and whats more ...full of the cold!sneezing and snottering all over the shop ..so dont think Im going anywhere in a hurry ..despite the fact that your good president has not banned us from visiting ..yet ...wonder why everyone else got the hammer but not uk?Is it because he has eyes on our health service.Car goes to the garage this weekend for its roadworthiness test ..aka MOT so we shall see how it goes .

just did your hold the breath test tee gee 1 minute 34 secs.... yep the dentist was ok ...pain is subduing now

hiya det ..I love Italy too ...and Sicilly..I guess its off limits to us at the mo..

hi ppqp ..hope you are feeling better .

hiya Lav ...how are you then?hope all is well ..just heard the govt new strategy ..even if you have a cough cold you have to stay at home..oh well no crowds to see my adoring public...ha ha .

hiya pauly you ok? hope so.

Have you ever noticed that all the instruments searching for intelligent life point away from the earth?

At Anfield last night, Liverpool had over 70% possession, 34 shots, 11 on target, and still lost 3-2 to Atletico Madrid.

Makes a nice change for the scousers to get robbed on Merseyside, now they know how visitors feel.

I said to my wife, "If the quarantine comes, you'll pretty much be stuck in the house all day and will have very little else to do except watch the telly..."

"So basically, no change to your schedule."

The Germans have started to put their towels on hospital beds.

The makers of 'Andrex' say sales have gone ......
                Viral.

Scores of people wearing mask running around London today looting everything they can get their hands on.

Business as usual so it seems.

I keep fantasising that I'm Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin and occasionally, Bing Crosby.

Think I've got crooner virus.

I can't belive how desperate things are getting. My freezer is full of toilet rolls.

I wonder what time Diane Abbot has her elevenses ?
                af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Greetings Abbers,

Mildish day here but rain is moving in now.
                  We went up to the Lancaster area today for a few things & stopped in their Costco. Funny to see the horses & buggies there right on a big highway.
                  We’re stocked up on food necessities so I’m not concerned about that. I wonder what the people are going to eat whose carts were filled with toilet paper & paper towels, haha!

Cyn, a good way to test your lung function without equipment is to hold your breath for at least 10 seconds
                  I cut that one pot dinner in half since it was just the two of us eating but it still made 4 servings. I ate a lot of cabbage as a kid & thankfully I can still eat it occasionally.

PQ, you need to fire your weather people, honestly!!!! I’d be pissed off at that forecast. Stay as warm & comfy as possible.

Hello Mick, Det & Pauly!

Well I found out that visitors are not allowed at the rehab where DIL’s Dad is now so I’ll have to wait to see him again. My SIL’s entire company has everyone working from home now. Fortunately they can do that. My daughter tells m e she was exposed to someone on Monday that now says his business partner has tested + for coronavirus. She’s been told to stay home from work until further notice
                  This shit is for real & I am so irritated with our government not getting ahead of this mess. Disneyland California is closed down now, I’m sure Disneyworld is next. All of gthe major league sports teams are suspending as well. This shit is for real & I hope we all take extra good care to stay safe. Don’t want to lose any friends! :fairy:

Stay well everyone!
                  Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

TG...thanks for the Feel Better thoughts, I think it worked. Not a sore as I was yesterday so that's a plus. Still glad I took tomorrow off.

Det...the way things are going we may all be under Mick's bridge. LOL I hadn't heard that healthy people are now in critical condition, that's scary. My boss keeps saying he'll be ok but that I could be in trouble, kinda evened the playing field. Good choice on not going to the MGM Grand, just keep you and yours safe. Here's to day 4 and onto day 5!

Mick...ouch! 3.25 hrs in the chair, I'd be a basket case. I'd be getting the numbing injection and the "put me out" pill. I noticed the bonfire, we'll appreciate it when we all move in. I was wondering what you had in those 11 coal cars. Rest your face and feel better.

Lav...my coworkers went to Costco today and it was insane. On top of the Covid scare we have a blizzard heading our way so everyone was stocking up and yup mostly toilet paper. They did pick me up some butter chicken so that's dinner sorted. I can take a deep breath and hold it for 10 seconds without passing out. LOL Now that I'm home safely and well stocked my attitude is "Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow" How come the weather people always get the forecast right when it's for shitty weather? Lots of anxious parents about whether we'll shut down. We are following the advise of the Chief Medical Officer, she has the power to shut down our schools. If the schools close, we close. I hope your daughter is ok and what does "until further notice" mean? The talk right now is to close schools after Spring Break (Mar 23-27) for 2 weeks. Our Prime Minister is a wimp when it comes to making decisions so he's been slow on the uptake as well. Now he's in self isolation as his wife returned from Australia with symptoms. Not getting worked up over all this but have noticed that I'm washing my hands more than I ever have before.

Shout out to Sam & Pauly. Have a good night all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae everybody, not much going on here, read for two hours on MyFitnessPal about the virus and all it did was make me freak out, I liked being blase about it, I don't want the economy to tank because of it, anyhoo much love to all and wishes for a great BF Fryday!
                      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

hiya all how are we today then?all good I hope ,still snotty but no where near as bad as yesterday.sticking by my plan to stay away from all for 7 days till I get rid of this crap.Ive got plenty of little jobs I can do at home .See Disney world is closed until the end of the month at least...hopefully things will be ok we fly out on the 5th May .The whole world has gone into meltdown by the looks of it .all we can do is keep ourselves as safe as possible ..we didnt quit to get beat by this shit ...The problem is the media are not helping in the slightest...certainly they have increased the hype and panic ...

89684723_870226113495457_3114221571615490048_n.jpg

In light of recent of panic buying UK supermarkets have introduced purchase limits.

Asda: 2 hand sanitisers, 24 toilet rolls max.

Tesco: 1 Hand sanitiser, 18 toilet rolls & 2kg rice.

Co-op: 12 rolls toilet paper, 1Kg rice.

Aldi: 2 Trumpets, 1 diving suit & a MIG welder.

Harvey Weinstein is taking this self isolation thing really seriously,23 years how very public spirited.

Three sons left home, started careers and prospered. Getting back together, they discussed the gifts that they were able to give their elderly mother for her seventieth birthday.

The first said, "I built a big house for Mom."

The second said, "I sent her a Mercedes with a driver."

The third smiled and said, "I've got you both beat. You know how Mom enjoys the Bible and you know she can't see very well. I sent her a brown parrot that can recite the entire Bible. It took 20 monks in a monastery 12 years to teach him. I had to pledge to contribute $100,000 a year for 10 years, but it was worth it. Mom just has to name the chapter and verse and the parrot will recite it."

Soon thereafter, Mom sent out letters of thanks:

She wrote to the first son, "Milton, the house you built is not practical. I live in only one room, but I have to heat, cool, and clean the whole house."

She wrote to the second son, "Marvin, I am too old to travel. I stay home all the time, so I never use the Mercedes. And the driver is so rude!"

She wrote the third son, "Dearest Melvin, you were the only son to have the good sense to know what your mother likes. The chicken was delicious."

If GM had developed technology like Microsoft, we would all be driving cars with the following characteristics

1. For no reason whatsoever, your car would crash........
                        Twice a day.

2. Every time they repainted the lines in the road, you would have to buy a new car.

3. Occasionally your car would die on the freeway for no reason. You would have to pull to the side of the road, close all of the windows, shut off the car, restart it, and reopen the windows before you could continue. For some reason you would simply accept this.

4. Occasionally, executing a maneuver such as a left turn would cause your car to shut down and refuse to restart, in which case you would have to reinstall the engine.

5. Macintosh would make a car that was powered by the sun, was reliable, five times as fast and twice as easy to drive - but would run on only five percent of the roads.

6. The oil, water temperature, and alternator warning lights would all be replaced by a single "This Car Has Performed An Illegal Operation" warning light.

I love the this one!!!
                        7. The airbag system would ask "Are you sure?" before deploying.

8. Occasionally, for no reason whatsoever, your car would lock you out and refuse to let you in until you simultaneously lifted the door handle, turned the key and grabbed hold of the radio antenna.

9. Every time a new car was introduced car buyers would have to learn how to drive all over again because none of the controls would operate in the same manner as the old car.

10. You'd have to press the "Start" button to turn the engine off.

Elsie, an elderly lady, stopped to drive into a parking space when a young man in his brand new red BMW drove around her and parked in the space that she had been waiting for. Elsie was so angered that she approached the young fellow and enquired, through gritted teeth, 'I was about to park there.'

The man looked at her with disdain and replied, 'That's what you can do when you're young and bright.'

This annoyed Elsie even more, so she got back in her car, backed it up and then she stamped on the accelerator and rammed straight into his BMW.

The young man ran back to his car and shouted in a stunned voice, 'What did you do that for?'

Elsie smiled at him and said, 'That's what you can do when you're old and rich.'

On his first day of classes at a university, a student took a front row seat in a literature course.

The professor told them they would be responsible for reading five books and that he would provide them with a list of authors from which they could choose.

Then the professor ambled over to the lectern, took out his class notes and began ... "Baker, Black, Brooks, Carter, Cook ... "

The student was working feverishly to get down all the names, when he felt a tap on his shoulder.

The student in back of him whispered, "He's taking attendance"
                        Last edited by Mick; March 13, 2020, 04:50 PM.
                        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

MAE ALL...

Pauly...I have had to finally turn off the news, covid overload!! And everything is just being repeated.

Snowmagadon last night with more to come. Boy can I pick my days off or what! Our Open Stage Night was cancelled, their choice, not ours. We are cancelling any renters with more than 50 people and programs with seniors enrolled. Just waiting to hear about school closures and that will do it for us, we'll shut down too. Keeping my distance from everything and everyone. Will pop in again later....:smile:PPQP

X-post Mick...glad you're feeling somewhat better. Yes, the media should knock it off. You'd think the world was coming to an end with the way they hype their voices up just to repeat everything that's been said already. I have no doubt you can keep yourself busy. LOL
                          Last edited by porqoui; March 13, 2020, 01:59 PM.

Comment

Greetings Abbers,

I did my part for the economy & got my hair cut today
                            It’s weird out there right now & I’m sure it’s going to stay weird. I managed to get a 2 minute visit in with DIL’s Dad when he had to go to PT & OT. Better than nothing I guess.
                            The PA governor closed all schools across the state for 2 weeks so this should be fun. I feel bad for working parents. The 1st case of coronavirus in our county was announced today. She picked it up while visiting another state apparently.

PQ, thinking about you not needing to be exposed to this virus while being on your biologic. Be careful & stay home!!!

Mick, I took ibuprofen for several days after my extractions last week, worked great! Hope you feel better soon!

Pauly, it’s always best to be informed so you can be sure you & your family are safe. No need to panic though, OK?

Hello to Det & Sam & Cyn!

Have to run out & close up the chicken house.
                            Have a good night all!

Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Mae all -

Det, I'm so sorry about the gigs drying up... as a self-preneur my whole life, I get it. Sending you a lot of light and good luck. I would love the link to that J. Hopkins discussion. I heard the doc that is treating those people who came back from the Italian ski trip... different info...

Mick, over 3 hours in the chair?! Holy Cow - there's no way I could have done that... btw, like Lav said, just 10 seconds of holding your breath will do... but glad your keeping clear! Crossing fingers that May will be OK for a trip for you - Though hear the U.K. Virologists seem to think the top of the curve is expected this summer, hmmmm...

Lav, oh I'm so sorry to hear about your daughter, shoot. I'm sending her special white light protection... it's OK for your granddaughter and SIL to be in the house at the same time? This is all a little confusing. You are so kind to get over to see DIL's father - I am sure that seeing you really made his day.

Pauly, do take it seriously, but just keep washing hands, that's a good proactive approach... we have to wait awhile until science has enough evidence to really give us more to do. How's your iron... any news?

PPQ, I think you need to write the guidelines for working from home... seems like that would be a great fix for you!!! But you would have to make sure you can drop by for cards! Are there card games online? My hubs is always playing Scrabble online - often with friends of ours from across the country!

Sam, hope you ar continuing to get better... spring is definitely coming... a cherry tree is blossoming here on the apartment grounds, and the cardinal is making his mating calls...

May we be well -

Comment

Hello and how are you this afternoon then? All is well with everyone I hope pouring down with rain here, but nothing new about that feeling a bit better today, not sneezing as much I'm pretty sure it is an allergy of some description ok let's have afternoon tea and crack on
                                Hiya ppqp how are you today? have you still got all the snow? Yes you're right the way the media is behaving you think the world was going to end tomorrow although saying that my trip to Disney is pretty hit-and-miss at the moment sure it will be fine you take good care of yourself

Hiya lav and how are you today then? Yes there's weird out there are a lot of people are changing their habits even the big stores over here and actually sharing vehicles so that they can get all of the deliveries done two people that's definitely a first I've still got a lot of pain with my teeth, Monday definitely getting in touch with them there is something not right I didn't feel it after time, because obviously all the nerves had just completely numbed my mouth but now that it has worn off it is definitely not so clever. The problem is I'm taking my car to the garage tomorrow so on Monday I will need to take you to work then use her car for the rest of the day that's if I can get an appointment despite always horrible weather we had karma I've noticed lots of my plants starting to produce shoots my geraniums definitely and so are the fuchsias keep calm stay safe (no need to tell you that) haha

hello treacle and how are you today? hope all is well with you and yours it is virtually impossible to fly to any of the European countries now in fact there were flights to Spain Gran Canaria and Tenerife turned back mid flight today yes the UK virologists think it may be another 8 weeks before it hits a peak for us but I'm not really convinced about that I think it will be sooner can't wait to start eating toilet rolls and pasta haha

Hiya pauly and how are you today then? hope all is well
                                With you and yours stay safe girl

A big hello to everyone else rather comes on here regular or is just sticking their nose in for a quick look take care and look after yourself everyone

Comment

Working...
                                X