8 Mar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

8 Mar

mae all...how izwee today then?all good? off out detecting so lets see how we go on ...pouring with rain here but allegedly nice where Im going .have a good one
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Re: 8 Mar

Mae everybody, Mick awesome idea to upgrade the seats on the flight, did you get a good deal? I was thinking there's probably gonna be deals on a lot of trips especially cruises haha! Kell went to the store yesterday on her way home and all the water was sold out! She was pissed and wondering what the heck she's gonna do, PQ, hope the weather gets better, Cyn glad you got the tax stuff done, mines a wreck and I hate being self employed for that reason, Lav, how's DIL doing? Glad you got to spend time with the eating machine, speaking of that Lou ate 3 slices of pizza last night and I was shocked! Usually he's picky and just grazes, he just turned 7 and I went over to give him his late birthday presents, much love to all and wishes for a great BF Sunday!
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Greetings Abbers,

Nice day here, sunny & nearly 60
      We went to visit DIL’s Dad this afternoon, took him some cookies. The poor guy is bruised & swollen head to toe in addition to all the fractures. I think possibly the airbag caused his facial & rib injuries
      He need to see an orthopedic surgeon this week for the ankle fx & get treatment for that. All he wanted to talk about was the accident & his wife, so we just let him talk. He has so much helaing to do, poor guy.
      On top of all this I found out that the retirement community that my elderly friend moved into last summer was evacuated at 8 am due to a bomb threat! Who the hell does something like that? So many whackos out in the world. I’m trying to get in touch with her son now.

Mick, I hope your detecting day was worthwhile!

Pauly, the boys grow into phenomenal eaters - watch out ha ha!!! Lou is just getting started!!
      I know our local Walmart has pretty much been wiped out thanks to all the panic shopping.

Hello to Cyn, PQ, Det & Sam. Hope everyone is OK.

Have a nice night all!
      Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae all,

Pauly, happy birthday to Louie! As Lav said, get ready for the eating machine. I know that tax Schedule C is a bear... hey ho the glamourous life! Oh well, that's how we roll, right?

Lav, you are a brick to spend time with DIL's father... I'm sure you make everyone feel more secure - nothing like a professional in the hospital..

Mick, yep I do just as you do, just buying a few things to keep up. I'm sorry for people like Kell who can't get what they need... unfair. Good move on the flight arrangements!

PPQ, I hope you are OK in that grueling weather, sheesh. Spring is allegedly just a couple of weeks away, take heart.

Greetings to Det and Sam - hope things are OK for you --

May we be well in this full moon --

Comment

Mae everybody, I hate daylight savings time! I always tell people don't complain about the weather cuz you can't change it anyways but we can get rid of DST if we wanted to! Wish Trump would get pissed at it too and use his magic pen to sign an order for it to stop haha think I'm gonna go have my iron checked again this week to see if I'm making any progress at all, some days I feel fine others I feel completely depleted so who knows, Lav, I can't even imagine what DIL's dad is going through, not only physically but emotional that's just too much all at once poor guy Cyn, I didn't even see the moon, too confused about what time I should go to bed last night haha, hope PQ, Det and Sam are all ok, anything out of SK? I haven't seen her in AGES! Much love to all and wishes for a great BF Monday!

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

MAE ALL...

Procrastinating going out in the cold...8F! Going to warm up to 32F and stay warm until the weekend where once again we'll get snow and freezing temps again. Hope this isn't our spring. Have a good day all and we'll see you after work....:smile:PPQP

Comment

morning all,
              finally.... on the mend, ended up with bronchitis,. lost my voice, blah blah. Really enjoying the new decade! hopefully from here on better. Hope everyone here is doing well, healthy and happy.
              Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

afternoon all from a snotty mode ...yep got the cold...sneezing etc..better get rid of it rapid ..the next part of the governments plan is everyone who has even got the sniffles etc has got to self isolate.To heck with that ..wentto the shops early ie first thing this morning ...at 0845 one large supermarket which shall remain nameless ..because they are al di same but at that time ..no toilet rolls ,soap ,hardly any pasta dried milk its going mad here .

have you seen this

People paid PS3,5 to be infected with coronavirus to find cure | Metro News
                Was out detecting yesterday ..found a 700 year old silver penny.

hiya Sam ...glad you are on the mend mate ...look after your self .

hiya ppqp how are you doing today then? hope you are doing ok?stay warm...and safe

hiya pauly you feeling any better today then?hope so..Never saw the moon? Id rather see the sun...You look after yourself too.

hiya treacle ...you good?hope so..has life calmed down for you yet?

hiya Lav...how are you then?hope all is well with you ...It will take a long time if at all I imagine for him to recover.....I hope he does so ,despite the changes to his life

is your neighbour ok after the bomb scare ..the world is full of divvies ...

Did Self-Described Psychic Sylvia Browne 'Predict' the Coronavirus?

Instead of calling them flu masks, we should call them coughy filters

A Manchester United fan was mugged by 20 odd fans as he was about to chuck a toilet roll on the pitch

This guy came around to a classified ad I had put up...

"As you can see, there's almost 0 miles on it, but it's been here for 6 years and it's still just like new."

"Great then," he replied, "Here's 20 quid for your wife's pedometer."

Saw Beyonce at the supermarket earlier.

She was with Aldi single ladies

Unlike the majority of the population, I did not feel the need to rush out to buy soap with the latest epidemic threat. I already had some at home.

I was in Sainsbury's and couldn't believe it when I got to the toilet paper aisle and every shelf was empty. I kicked right off!
                In the end security came and told me to pull my trousers up and go back and wait in the toilets, they said someone will bring me a roll.

I was in Walmart and the queues from people Coronavirus panic buying were crazy.

A few coughs and sneezes later and a mention of my trip to China and I had the whole place to myself.
                Last edited by Mick; March 9, 2020, 03:07 PM.
                af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Greetings Abbers!

Not to brag be we had one ace of a day here, sunny & 73 degrees. It’s not likely to last long & we still haven’t had more than .03” of snow so anything could happen.
                  Picked up 300 pounds of chicken feed today. (YB picked up the 50 pound bags, not me, haha). No toilet paper for them so they’re all set for whatever comes

Cyn, it’s rough watching people your own age losing a spouse so suddenly & violently. He just keeps saying he doesn’t know what he’s going to do without her
                  All you can really do is just listen to them, let them talk it out.

Pauly, the full moon is actually tonight SO beware.
                  I’ve been sleeping better since adding that progesterone oil supplement yet I’ve been dealing with daytime sleepiness for the past week. I see the tree pollens are getting pretty high her so I think that’s the likely cause. Are you taking Zyrtec or anything for your allergies? My daughter is now using Allegra with good results.
                  I get an occasional message from SK, maybe just a word or two. I think possibly her stroke has left her struggling to communicate, not sure.

PQ, so sorry about your winter weather still. Hoping for a break for you siin!

Sam, you have had a rough start to the year, geez! With your immune system so strained be careful out in the real world, stay away from crowds & possible coronavirus carriers.

Mick, nice job finding the 700 year old silver penny. I’ll have to tell my grandson about that.
                  I think young healthy individuals can really help in finding a cure for this novel virus. Hopefully they all recover quickly & still have jobs to go to after being out sick!

Hi to Det, hope you’re OK.

Heading out to assess some garden beds while it’s still light out.
                  Have a nice night everyone!

Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Wow good afternoon everybody how are we all today then? Hard to believe that it's pouring down with rain here today... still got the cold but it's nowhere near as bad as yesterday day in fact I feel quite human he says lying Lee still giving away from the crowds, got a phone call from the dentist back there tomorrow at 11:30 then on Thursday at a funeral of a friend of ours

Hiya lav
                    How are you today then hope all is well with you I'll take a picture of that coin and posted on here for you and by the way I was so impressed with the way you wrote your post make nice job finding the 700 year old penny and what did you write next I think young healthy individuals can really help you find a cure so what you're actually saying is me myself represent the young healthy individuals that's the way I'm leaving anyway haha

Hope everyone else is well

20200310_195324.jpg

20200310_195302.jpg

the updated railway...the factory has moved..I have covered in behind the bridge

20191116_135711.jpg

20200310_170843.jpg

20200310_170906.jpg
                    Last edited by Mick; March 10, 2020, 03:09 PM.

Comment

Greetings everyone,

Turning cooler & raining here too Mick & it’s going to be the same for a few more days, oh well.
                      That’s quite some interesting looking penny, thanks for the pics.
                      I have a question - are there any people living under your train bridge? Sadly I heard today that the city of Philadelphia has 5000 homeless people on the streets. How horrible is that?
                      There are so many interesting things to see & do in Philly but it’s too creepy for me anymore. Why can’t we do something to house these people & more importantly get them off the drugs, sad
                      Spent the afternoon stitching up a couple of pillows ordered by a friend. We’ll be meeting for lunch next Monday if we’re not all quarantined by then.

Hello PQ, Cyn, Pauly, Det & Sam! I hope everyone is happy & healthy.
                      Have a good night all!
                      Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

Sam...you sure got hit, glad you're feeling better. Here's hoping your decade improves for you.

Mick...good find on the coin and it's all in one piece. I like the factory behind the bridge, looks great. Sounds like you're on the right side of your cold, keep it up. So will one dentist trip complete the new implant or will there be more? Sorry to hear you're off to a funeral, seems to be a lot of them in my neck of the woods these days. Was going to scroll back to see what else you wrote but refuse to loose my post.

Lav...my weather turned around today with a bitterly cold wind. Felt like a winter's day out there. Snow flurries expected in the morning and then we're into a deep freeze. Thinking ahead I booked Friday off. :yay: The covid craze is starting to get out of hand here with yes you guessed it, a run on toilet paper. We doubled our cases in Alberta over night to a total of 14. Did you see where carrot top has been in contact, shaking hands etc., with 2 of his ministers who just returned from somewhere and both now are presumptive cases of the virus. They are self isolating but good old DT is fine and is not getting tested. Dreaming of where that may lead. LOL

It was a quiet day at work, actually too quiet as the day seemed to drag on. Experimenting with pork cutlets for dinner tonight. Have a good evening all....:smile:PPQP
                        Last edited by porqoui; March 10, 2020, 06:50 PM.

Comment

I had pork cutlets PQ! Mine were preseasoned already and they turned out good, Lav, that's the thing about the homeless, some aren't willing to give up the drugs, I have a huge homeless camp behind work cuz there's a wash for rain run off that they camp in, it's awful and it's scary tbh cuz during the day they're in our work parking lot looking for cash, I'm over it hope everyone has a great BF night, see you in the flip side

Comment

Pauly...mine were preseasoned as well and they turned out awful. Don't ask!

I first experienced Vegas when I was madly in love with my husband, who could do no wrong. We would come down for the NFR (rodeo) in November and it was a whole new world to me, the rich and the famous, all the lights and bling. Unbeknownst to me at the time he was always in his "manic" phase of Bipolar (which he hadn't been diagnosed with yet) so my world my was my oyster. (Google it) Probably my 3rd trip down we decided to check out all the "Pawn Shops". First time I had been off the strip. First time I had actually realized there was a whole "normal" community here. Duh! But when we went on our adventure, what an eye opener! The number of homeless people, everywhere! I remember my first thought was "this is reality" and how hard it would be to live in Vegas dealing with an addiction of any kind, and you're right, it was scary. I'm glad you're over it and hope you had a good night's sleep.

Comment

Wow, I happened to see "restore" at the bottom of where I about to post, and pressed it - voila, here is my post from... I don't know when... I have had weird things happening with my posts.

"Mae all -
                              Mick, not a cold, dear me! Hope you recover quickly. I was lucky to find stores that had stuff, but I bought it weeks ago... I figure if we don't use it to sequester, I won't have to buy any more supplies before we move in May.

Lav, so sorry for DIL's dad... true, he probably doesn't know how he will cope... what a terrible upset late in life."

That's as far as I got. So, catching up...
                              Sam, glad to hear you are on the mend, keep it up.
                              Pauly and PPQ, I have found a fun food site, and I like the recipes very much - she keeps things pretty simple, and has lots of IP recipes too. The site is "Damned Delicious" and her recipes really are! Check it out... Pauly, sorry about the homeless situation close to your work, that must be stressful. PPQ, sorry about the cold spell, that is cruel!
                              Mick, are you feeling better? I hope I come back in my next life as one of the cows in your scenes... it would be unending peacefulness and green.
                              Det, how are you doing? I hope the stomach bug is finished, and that you can be finished with bugs all together!
                              Lav, one reason I am not crazy about moving to CA is the homeless situation... it is everywhere. There is an encampment that stretches from Santa Rosa all the way to Oakland. Question 1: what is the Covid-19 outbreak going to do to those populations? They have no running water, no sanitizer, no supplies, no way to sequester. Nightmarish. The sad thing is that so many are there because of the fires, and so many are Vets. This government should first build places for the vets to live and get clean... they have given so much, it's shameful to have them be homeless. Shameful for any of the people who would like to have a place to live and have decent work to do. Anyway, rant over. Maybe a change in government... they could divert the ridiculous Wall funds to actually helping people...

I am a little concerned about our health after hearing from hubs that the "event" he had to attend last night because of work turned out to be a sit-down dinner for 1000 people. WHAT?! And you went inside?(Iasked...) Who holds an event for 1,000 people at crowded banquets tables of 8 during this health situation? Didn't they get the memo????!!! I was apoplectic when he told me, as he hits several of the High-risk categories... oh well, what can I do now... counting down from 14 now, thinking I will run out and get some sage to 'smudge' the apartment... or maybe order it online... lol. Sheesh.

Wishing all a safe and healthy day, and STAY AWAY FROM CROWDS! )

Comment

Working...
                              X