8 Mar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 8 Mar

It's Pi Day. Where else would I be? Embarrassed to tell you that I've completely given up my alcohol-freedom. So far down the rabbit hole, I can't see a way out. Sorry to stop by, and whine. Haven't carefully read back yet, but think I caught a glimpse of Mick at the dentist again. :egad:

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

Just head on the evening news that all the wine & spirit shops are closing Tuesday so we had better hurry to stock up, HA HA!!! No Thanks!!
      I’m as stocked up as I need to be so I’m happy
      Overnight my tulips popped thru the ground, nice. The forsythia hedge YB planted a few years ago is turning into a sea of yellow, pretty.

Mick, sorry you are still having discomfort. Have you tried the warm salt water swishes a few times/day? Definitely take some ibuprofen too, both helped me out a lot.
      No rain today, temps in the mid 50’s so not bad!

Cyn, it’s nice to see signs of spring during this troubling time, gives me hope.
      My daughter is fine, as of today. The person she was exposed to at the dance studio reported her family’s tests were negative so everyone is feeling relieved. Heard these is a 2nd case in my county today, oh boy. All of the hospitals & nursing homes have been locked down to visitors so I think it will help stop the spread. I just read the governors of New York & Colorado are requesting retired doctors & nurses come back to work to relieve current healthcare staff as they get sick. What a terrible idea

Hello to Pauly, PQ, Det & Sam. Hope everyone is OK & staying healthy!
      Have a nice night all!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Cross post Pie!

So great to see you I was thinking on you today on Pi day!
        Sorry you are drinking again but you know what you have to do. Stay here & get a plan together :hug:
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Thank you so much, Lav.

Comment

Oy happy Saturday ABeroooos from some B rated zombie movie in Vegas! bam!

Yepper, peeps be getting wacky here too. panic shopping here and there, peeps getting all cranking and swearing at each other in line at the grocery market with mountains of
            junk food lest they get shut-in. oh dear.

Mick, the funnies are especially appreciated these days, grazie mile fratello. Isn't Sicily a tad hot/desert-like? also lovely I've heard. I'm looking at Puglia as place to launch from .
            A pretty quiet, slow part of the country. I hope they clean up fast but drop airline prices.... hey, I can hope....

Pie! hey, relapsing was my biggest hobby for so long I can't even tell you. You are here which is brave and admirable. Just get as much help from everywhere you possibly can and stay connected please.
            hugs! xxxxxxoooo

When times are super difficult like this, our sobriety can indeed be in jeapardy. I've been still making Refuge meetings and will continue even if I have to tape a sock over my face and start a new fashion trend.

Girly going to junior high with all the other kids with equally atrotious hygiene habits does concern me but so far schools in Vegas are to remain open. We'll see.

Tree, the podcast i was refering to is this one here. like everything these days if it's a day old it's already outdated: Making Sense Podcast #191 - Early Thoughts on a Pandemic | Sam Harris

Here is a podcast i enjoyed so much I've listened to it twice. Jack Kornfield — How to Find Peace Amidst COVID-19, How to Cultivate Calm in Chaos (#414) – The Blog of Author Tim Ferriss
            Jack really doesn't discuss the virus much, it's more to do with emotional regulation, perspective, our personal and cooperative relationships etc. Amazing spiritual teacher and cool dude. he was a 'forest' monk in Thailand, India and Burma for many years, got his PHD in psych and is a mild-mannered bad-ass of a nice guy. if that makes any sense.

ok, got my 1 photojob for the day done. Work is scarce and i just had a job I was REALLY counting on get cancelled yesterday over C19 fears. dammit. sigh... I might have to volunteer to be injected with experimental vaccines just to buy groceries at this rate. That could be entertaining. "um, we're sorry, you eat way too much garlic and hot peppers to be considered baseline for any test" ha!

right then... time to plan for a dinner and maybe download the original movie 'the Andromeda strain' who remembers that one?

cheerio loves, be well and don't cough on anyone
            nosce te ipsum
            (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
            X