A week of not drinking for this lady

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A week of not drinking for this lady

This time last week I was hungover and wishing that I did not drink. I was trying to get myself to feel better so I could go to church and then after try to not fall asleep during the services. I always wondered if they could notice that I was hungover. Nobody said anything but once I did see one give me the look.

Well those days are over. Going to church this morning clear headed and hangover free. Course I woke up early but that’s because I went to bed early. I normally would be in bed by mid. and get up at 7:30 am and then hit snooze and stay in bed till 8 am. Today I was up at 5:45am and laid there and went back to sleep for a short while and was up and doing my prayers at 7:27am. Course I went to bed at 10:30pm last night.
    I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Re: A week of not drinking for this lady

I am so proud of you, Drifty! Making it 7 days is AWESOME.... not that it's a week, you now have a week of good habits to reflect back upon.
    Protect your Quit! :heartbeat:
    "God didn't give you the Strength to get back on your feet
    so that you can run back to the same thing that knocked you down."
    :hug:

Comment

Working...
    X