Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 15 march

89817878_3006035976083773_568393472281673728_o.jpg
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Greetings all,

Let me just say my only intention for Pauly last evening was to get her to stop beating herself up over something that’s not in her control!
      None of us have any control in this pandemic but was can make things a little easier for ourselves.

And just to be perfectly clear we also pay a mortgage on this house & buy food to eat. Retired people pay bills too & even dip into savings too when needed. We are all being punished by this viral pandemic there’s no need to punish one another.

Peace out!!!!
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

evening all
        well, these are serious times but I refuse to live in fear. I can't believe watching my savings evaporate.... but hopefully all will right itself eventually. I feel like I'm finally getting back to normal since my last bout with the flu. Sure don't need this other virus!
        Pauly, don't stay away too long.
        TG, you sound pretty busy!
        Mick, like the Irish joke... a good St. Patty's joke
        Mick & PQ, I'm pretty guilty of wandering off for awhile, but believe it or not I visit pretty regular and read. I still value the thread, there are times I just don't got much to say.
        Lav, hens are laying now! Much virus freak out up your way? This is when we give our chicken houses a good cleaning, went out to get face masks for dust the local store, all gone.
        went to the grocery store the other to get some cough drops, noticed that the shelves were bare, 'cept for the cough drops.
        Det, how's you be?
        Pi, come on back as often as you can.

I hope everyone is well.
        Last edited by Samstone; March 17, 2020, 09:26 PM.
        Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Mae all -

I managed to check FB last night, but fell asleep in the process! I am disciplining myself to go on and connect daily with friends across the nation... I think connection is crucial at this time. And that's why I am so glad we have this space to share our our struggles and victories, thanks all!

Mick, am seriously living in your train kingdom in my mind! Peace, contentment. Thanks for that vision. Lav, I have this crazy idea that the gov't should train all citizens (kind of like the draft) in basic health care skills, so that they can be called on in an emergency... just basic stuff - remember the 'candy stripers' of our youth? Government should do it now and train and employ those people whose livelihoods have vanished. Det, I am thinking of doing grocery store work... they must need stockers in the middle of the night, baggers, checkout... would that be a stop-gap for you? Pauly - my husband is desperate for a hair cut, the place is closed - it made me think about you - here's a what-if - could you contact customers and give cuts in your home/backyard? In a park? Desperate times need desperate measures! Sam, sorry about the masks - I hate to hear you were doing that dusty work without a good mask! PPQ, wow, so glad that you can work from home - hope all keeps going.

OK, I am off to figure out how we are going to pack up and move to CA in May on a shoestring... Fortunately I have always liked a good puzzle!

Cheers to all - please stay in and stay healthy and enjoy every clear breath that we can take... what a gift that is.

Hold the light -

Comment

Greetings zombieland survivors of the highest order from citizen D in the Vegas cyberwasteland. wow, that was weird

Sense of humor: holding
            Sleep: amost adequate after last night. yay
            Income: 2 potential small jobs for late in the week... hopefully yay!

yes, Peeps are stressing hard here and everywhere. This country is just so lucky so much of the time that we aren't normally whacked with serious fears and now they are here and
            there are some mental and emotional gymnastics that inevitably take place. Community is everything I I sincerely appreciate the presence of each and every one of you.
            Tree, yes I agree and thank goodness we do have social media now when we have a real need for it.
            Did you guys see the article about people in Italy playing songs and singing from their balconies? neighborhoods are singing and playing music together as it echoes through their towns.
            So beautiful.

Pauly, we're in the same boat and certainly not alone. I'm looking at all kinds of odd jobs here, applying and see what sticks. Supposedly our fearless leaders have appropriated a Trillion bucks to send
            emergency support funding to all citizens in need. That would be super great... standing by to learn more. I have extra beans and rice, so worse case scenario I can bicycle you some extra supplies!

going to brace the 'great outdoors' and make a trip to storage and back with a few supplies as it looks like it's going to be a while before this blows over afterall.

Day 9 of not vaping. boy do I have bad timing. ha!

Darlene is at work and they are having meetings to disucss if they're staying open and for what hours etc.

I made calzones last night which was fun, will have to think of something clever for tonight...

ok loves, chin up, be well, and I'll catch you soon
            nosce te ipsum
            (Know Thyself)

Comment

hi all ..how are we today then? hope all is good with each of us over the globe ...the scenery is different accents and languages too , but the problems are similar .went to pick my van up this morning ,it has been serviced and tested ..it passed,,on the way back I went to the shops ..If I was buying fresh air ..there was lots of it ..2 guys got caught stealing a trolley of food ..no not destitute or anything ..nice car etc just shits..another guy snatched atin of tomatoes from an older person who fell ..cops called ..nicked and banned from all stores around the area...and yet others a re going out of their way to help people First prisoner at the nick Julies nephew works has has tested positive ...her nephew is diabetic

hiyaDet the non vaper ..hows you then?is it affecting you the non vaping?Yes Italy ,is doing a great job of keeping their spirits up .Yes O saw the bit about yer man giving money out to those that need it ..havent got that far here yet ..they are subsidising companies at the moment ..Im pretty sure my Florida holiday has gone to the wall.

take care my friend look after you and yours

hiya tee gee aka treacle ..how are you doing?hope all is well with you ...did you sleep any better?Interesting about the work ...Id certainly have acrack at that we are supposed to be going into full lockdown next week...one day at a time ..and limit what you watch on the crazy media..Made another chimney for thefactory at 2 am this morning..in the process of making asea wall too.

hiya Sam the man ..you ok mate?its more of a case of seeing you on here and knowing that you are ok ,as opposed to anything...just take care my friend .

hiya ppqp ...how are you then today ? hope all is well ...Julies niece is in Seoul in South Korea,and they have just had a heavy time with his ..but they seem to be thru it now ..She is a teacher and they are back at skool now .Yep the trains are running normally ...working from home ???your boss has been doing that for years!!have a nice day in Albertasville

hiya Lav...how are you then ?as we speak ..the news has come up that the schools are shutting ,,but will stay open for the kids of people that need to work ...cops healthcare prison stff delivery drivers etc ..there is a definitive list coming out tomorrow.going to do some work in the garden tomorrow .you take care of you and yours

hiya Pauly ...hope you are ok?Dont know how practical Tee Gees suggestions are?take care ,....

big shout to everyone ..lets do this together .

Kudos to that suicide bomber working from home.

On the plus side the Agoraphobics society has a shit load of new members .

I went to the library and asked for a book on on how to become a locksmith.

He said: “Pick any you want”

I said yeah, that’s the one.

2019: "work hard at school or you'll end up packing shelves for a living"

2020: "most secure job in the country, packing shelves"

First confirmed corona death in Russia. ��

After three days of quarantine, a father of a family strangled his mother-in-law.

In Harry Potter, Voldemort "the dark lord" loved to inflict pain on all.

A little known fact is he had a brother called Voltarol who did the exact opposite

My new career as a pet behavioural therapist began today.

It's training cats & dogs.

BBC headline

"Bewilderment in Liverpool earlier today when locals are asked to stay in doors and watch TV all day and eat takeaways" to save the UK population"

I know people are scared and panicking over Coronavirus. Will the schools close, will we need to go on lock down for 16 weeks but don't let that distract you from the fact that In 1972, a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by the government they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them....maybe you can hire The A-Team.

R.I.P boiled water.
              You will be mist.

A dentist and a manicurist had a terrible fight,

It was tooth and nail.

Q) Why do sharks swim in salt water?

A) Because pepper water makes them sneeze.

Q) What's green and not very heavy?

A) Light green.

I just bought a new U2 Sat Nav.
              I've had to take it back though.

The streets have no name and I still haven't found what I'm looking for!

I used to be in a band called 'Missing Cat'.

You probably saw our posters.

I almost had a threesome last night..

I just needed two more people.

I got really emotional this morning at the petrol station..

I don't know why.. I just started filling up.

I hate people who think it's clever to take drugs..

Like Customs Officers.
              af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

MAE ALL...

Lav...starting my new normal today, except I did pop into the office this morning to change the phone message. Wanted to say "The lights are on but nobody's home." LOL I've been listening to all the government announcements and kept thinking just change the tax deadline and all will be good for me. Viola! All's good, I have an extra month. LOL

Sam...glad you're starting to feel normal again, that was a long haul. Take care of yourself and try to stay healthy.

TG...I was a "Candy Striper", does that bring back memories. LOL I'm glad you like a good puzzle and love that attitude.

Det...I thought your greeting was very appropriate and I actually understood it. LOL Good to see your humor is holding and your sleep is adequate. I saw the video of people playing songs from their balconies in Italy. The latest one was a group fitness class and it was great seeing everyone through their balconies doing the routines. What a positive environment.

Shout out to Mick, Pauly, Pi and any lurkers out there.

Going to make a large batch of spaghetti sauce just to have on hand. If I thought cooking was challenging before I'm in for a whole lot of hurt. LOL Make smart choices everyone....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

We did our part to help a small business today & drove an hour to a place that makes compost - good stuff too! The owner is a veteran, really nice guy. We pulled in with a trailer, they filled it & we handed a checkout the window, easy, haha!!

Sam, send me your address I’m mail you a few masks. I hate all that dust in the chicken house, ugh. Stay well!

Mick, people can be so selfish & that behavior really sticks out at times like this.
                  We got a jar of broccoli seeds for sprouting in the greenhouse, just have to figure just how to get them going.

PQ, I was a candy striper too at the age of 14 & 15 too! It was a good way to be introduced to the workings of the hospital & learn to do things for others. Plus it’s good on your college application, haha!!
                  The border was closed today so we won’t be able to meet up anytime soon.

Cyn, staying connected & knowing that we are all in this mess together is important!
                  We can learn a lot from each other if we keep our minds open!

Det, I heard that Amazon, Target, Acme & all kinds of big places are hiring right now. Keep your eyes & ears open. Good luck with your 2 photoshoots this week.

OK, time to close up the chickens. Have a nice night everyone!

Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae all - quick good night wishes. Mick,I want to thank you for that poem... beautiful. So interesting that tonight I had several friends posting about the same thing... have you seen the pics of the dolphins and swans and other beauties coming into the clean water of the Venice canals? Amazing. This may be a giant reset for our dear earth... a silver lining.

Det, good luck with the gigs! Yes, I saw the video of the singing... heartbreaking and heartwarming all at once... stay well!

On a different note - be careful all - by all accounts from my friends in Italy and Spain, we are about to get slammed... cases doubled overnight here in NYC. Note - it can definitely affect toddlers and children, so be super aware... we may have to assume that we are carrying the virus, and then act as if - it's our job to protect each other so this gets over with asap. Good luck to all, and be smart!

Comment

morning all,
                      looks like a very springy day out there. Went to get some tea from grocery store.... not many people, but those there wearing gloves, a few masks, but definitely different than a month ago. No bread on the shelves, I had heard, but I was a little surprised. Here's an interesting link if you're so inclined: Coronavirus Dashboard. This kid who created this site is 17 years old.
                      Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Hi guys - anyone worried about finances st this time -- I just gound a great website- terrific info:

When Money is Tight, These 9 Resources Can Help You

Comment

[MENTION=17668]Mick[/MENTION], I loved the Liverpool joke! Thanks for my laugh of the day!
                          Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

hiya all...how are we today then? hope we are all well...keep yourselves safe ..theyve just discovered the first case in a nick I used to work in ,..trouble is Julies diabetic nephew works there .The problem with all this is some people just take the p.ss and see this as an easy touch holiday.We really are a selfish race ...not all I hasten to add .
                            good for everyone on here ....finding different websites and putting them up for folk ...well done..we face the unknown,a lot of what we cant alter but if we can make it easier then lets do so .whether itbe financial ,boredom worried anything it doesnt matter ..if we can help each other in any way lets do so .weather over here is sunny today ...you know its a beautiful and peaceful day ..as Iwrote in my poem ..its apity it takes this to get it back to enjoyability.Quite a few nations looking at possible vaccines and a lot of the trial times have been scrubbed ..

today over here they brought in the emergency bill..if you are interested /bored ..here ya go ..

Coronavirus Bill (HC Bill 122)

so lets keep safe keep it together ,...did you see about Venice ? because the lockdown is in place ,the waters in the canals is so clear you can see the bottom ..and they have seen a dolphin in the canals

As Italy quarantines over coronavirus, swans appear in Venice canals, dolphins swim up playfully | TheHill

Reuters “US restaurants ask for $455 billion in aid”

Fck me they’ve only been shut a few days - how much food do these folk normally eat?

CNN " Members of Putin's administration being tested for Coronavirus "

Members of the opposition being tested for Novichok.

The government has warned that critically ill people will need ventilation and has put out a plea to manufacturers to help remedy the shortage.

I though "shit I've got no ventilation in my bathroom either" so I knocked a hole in the wall and some git nicked my bog roll.

I managed to get toilet rolls, bread, longlife milk today with no problem.

I love my cattle prod.

My wife Ivy has been in isolation for over a week now. She's climbing the walls.

I've heen stockpiling music CD's to keep me going during a possible lockdown. So far I have Bread, Korn, some Jam, Meatloaf and plenty of Lou Rawls.

There was no milk in the supermarket so I bought some evaporated milk instead.

When I got it home it was just an empty feckin tin .

There'll be no music at Glastonbury this year.

I'm glad some things haven't changed.

They say that if you are quarantined and trapped in your house alone for long periods of time, you will slowly go crazy. I don't agree. This morning I had a chat with my refrigerator, but he has a bit of a cold attitude toward things right now. My stove joined the conversation, but we got into a heated debate and are no longer speaking with each other. I will try to strike up a conversation with my vacuum cleaner, I hope it doesn't suck.

Dear loyal customers
                            Many thanks for bulk buying all the toilet rolls in the UK. I've made so much money I'm retiring to the Bahamas
                            Yourd faithfully,
                            The andrex puppy

The brief period of time I spent working as a court baliff did not go well.

I got the sack on the second day after I thought it would be funny to replace the judge's gavel with a squeak toy.

4493390.jpg

bin1.jpg

The Pope visits Liverpool and conducts an open air mass by the docks. Scally walks up to him and says "Holy Father could you help me with my hearing". Pope replies "I'll try my son - kneel down before me".

Scally kneels down and the Pope cups his hands on the scally's ears - says a prayer and makes the sign of the cross "In nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti". The Pope then asks the scally to rise.

"Has that helped my son", says the Pope - Scally replies "I don't know yet, Holy Father - it's next Tuesday".
                            Last edited by Mick; March 19, 2020, 04:01 PM.

Comment

Mae everybody, Lav, I never meant to be an asshole to you, you didn't deserve that! Just stressed and going a little bit crazy, I want to be positive but sitting at home is awful, I try to keep busy but this is only day 1 and I'm restless, also fell to drinkin yesterday I felt like I had to I was so spacey and shaky from nerves! Det, I'm glad you're close to me here so you can see and understand the pressure of this shutdown, I know it's in alot of places but fir Vegas? It's just unreal, I had alot of customers this week who just don't give a hoot about all of this, lots of elderly surprisingly, maybe it's just a cockiness or an invincible attitude but tbh it helped get me outta my head! I love you all and I'm sorry that I upset anyone, it's just a terrifying time.
                              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Just wanted to drop in and thank Mick for today's laugh. I needed that. Stay safe all :heartbeat::heartbeat:
                                "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Working...
                                X