Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 15 march

Good evening all.

Our Governor here in Pennsylvania has just issued an order that all non-sustaining life businesses are to be closed down by 8 pm tonight or face fines & criminal actions. Wow, that includes just about everything except for hospitals, grocery stores & pharmacies. We’ve only just begun, that much I do know. We need to adapt to a new lifestyle right now.

Cyn, I sure hope your friends in Europe are OK. I wouldn’t want to be there right now. Stay safe yourself!!

Sam. I baked a loaf of bread today. I may have to do that every otherday,geez.
    Let me know if you want a few masks touse in the chicken coop - I’ll send you some.

Hi slo & Nora!

Mick, thanks for the humor as always. We are going to need your jokes more than ever!
    Stay close to home, your bunnies need you!

Pauly, we all love you & want you to be well. We all know drinking never solves our problems, just creates more.
    I am increasing my meditation/mindfulness to help create calm. There’s no sense in giving into our fears & anxiety, that makes us vulnerable to making bad choices. Let’s keep ourselves focused & moving forward together. We will all be fine!

Hello to PQ, Det & Pie & anyone else stopping by tonight.

Have a good night one & all!
    Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mellow greetings from the Vegas crazy-zone ABeroooos!

thanks everyone, great stuff. Mick, Sam, Tree, will check those links. grazie

Pauly, it's freaky alright, no 2 two ways around it. I think it's just especially wacky in a place like this because it's eternal party-land and boy this
      latest party sucks. And the folks here are very disconnected with the land and self-sufficiency so they are vulnerable and they know it.
      Managed to duck out of Sprouts market this afternoon as a fistfight was about to erupt. At freaking Sprouts! oh boy.
      Smiths was also empty. having to make some amusing grocery replacement purchases. For me that's just good fun. I'll use ricotta cheese instead of butter.
      I have beans soaking. heck I grew up in the outback so this is just a training drill for me. The girls are pretty new to this so my experience is doing them
      some good and I'm relieved to be of help.

photoshoot today was ok but frustring as everyone is just so stressed out they hadn't managed to tidy up for the pics so it was really cluttered and I didn't want to
      touch their stuff. eeeeek. but made it through ok. one more shoot tomorrow instead of Sat which is fine by me.

PPQ, you'll be a grand culinary artist by the time this is done! your recipes will all go viral. oh... bad...

I might have to make some youtube videos if work gets cut off. Pauly, you figured out Instagram... you can do it too. live from the apocalypse!

Mick, glad to hear your van is all set. When things are weird I like to make sure the gas tank is full, just in case.

Lav, great you are still able to interface with your community there in pleasant ways. Must feel like a different world than this concrete
      island.

Slo and Norac, good to see yoos pop in.

ok, I'd say I'm game for a comedy tonight....

be well loves!
      nosce te ipsum
      (Know Thyself)

Comment

Mae all -

Long day today... just sending love and good wishes to all... despite all the craziness, it was the first day of spring,and my little jaunts outside show that Spring is determined to do it's thing, no matter what is going on with us earthlings... I find it comforting- something that is unchanging.

We are all better together - let's stay close here. I like to remember the phrase that we are "just walking each other home".

Hold the light -

Comment

hi all and how arewe today then?hope we are all in pretty good health and sane ..Well went to theshops this morning,first thing ...there were massive queues and most of the shelves are empty ....then lo and behold ..really bad news ..the railway community has been banjoed too! not sure whether it started under the bridge and moved to the farm or vice versa..results below

20200320_140920.jpg

20200320_140829.jpg

20200320_140741.jpg

the whole place isin isolation now ...

On a serious note ...what is it with the attitude of some of these people ..a kind of fk em attitude it seemsto be world wide though the biggest panic over here is shutting the pubs..you would think they were blood transfusion centres the way people are going on ..Spoke to my brother yesterday ...he isnt so clever...and yet said he is going to work today ...we had a bit of a discussion about that but he Adam Ant he is going.Im going to phone him in a minute.

hiya ppqp ...hope all is well with you today?Skoolz shut over hear today...nothing wrong with home ejicaschion aas you can see ..how is the card school going to carry on?my goodness

hiya treacle ..you ok?yes spring progresses and in fact it is a lovely day out there ..its just the virus thats screwing it all up .

hi pauly ..howare you today then?are things any better there at all?I hope so ..stay safe x

Hiya Lav ..so you are all shut down there too?they reckon on one hand this could be on thedecline in 3 months if everyone plays the game ...but alas no..on the other hand they reckon social distancing may be herefor 12 months ..the bonus is all those round tuit jobs are being got round to.!!you staysafe .

hiya Det ..how are you then mate?I guess some innovative cooking for you then mate?.stay safe and keep yourssafetoo mate .

hiya Slo and nora c ..you look after yourselves too....some of the jokes may at times be repeated so apologies!

stay safe everyone ..

Social distancing ...pickpockets claim compensation!

Let's take a moment to think of Philip Schofield.

The poor bugger only just came out and now he's being told he's got to stay in.

I was in a supermarket in Glasgow today and the food shortage situation has gotten so bad, people were actually buying fruit and veg

All these spoiled school kids are really pissing me off with their petty anxieties over school closures:
          "Will I be able to take my exams?"
          "What if I don't get my expected grades?"
          "What happens if I don't get my qualification?"

Well, I left school at 15 with no qualifications whatsoever and it didn't do me any harm...Excuse me a minute..."Hello sir, do you want fries with that?"

How the fck are Scouser's supposed to get by in these difficult times??

Can't Rob any house's as everyone is at home!!

With all the panic buying some people must have several fridges full of meat .

If the electricity supply fails there's gonna be a lot of fcking Barbecues in Britain that day.

I don't think much of this new gameshow on the BBC at 5 pm.

Who the fck thought of the name 'Coronavirus Update' and Boris is neither funny or getting many questions right.

I should be all right for food if the UK goes into lockdown for two weeks.

Just got a huge meat platter at the butcher's, and at a fantastic price too!

The butcher told me they bought in bulk when Wuhan Market had their recent closing-down sale.

Electrical wholesalers are reporting they have sold out of freezers but have plenty of fridge/freezers in stock.
          I'm ok, I bought one off Lidl as they were all feckin empty.

Finland has closed their borders.
          No one can cross the Finnish line

The Slinky: Crushing the happiness of children living in bungalows since 1945.

I can still remember this newspaper story about an electrician named Ray Taylor who put a 1,000 volt shock system on his van to prevent it from getting stolen. And they said it was legal!

Good for him, but these days I just leave a snotty handkerchief draped over my steering wheel.

How Supermodels survive a 14 day self isolation

Day 1 Buy 1 lettuce

Day 2 Eat one leaf

Day 3 Take a sh.t

Day 4 wipe ass with fresh leaf

Day 5 eat another leaf

Day 6 sh.t and wipe arse with fresh leaf

Day 7 eat another leaf

Last week...:.Realise you needed 2 lettuces and panic buy.

My Mrs is freaking out about this coronavirus.

She made me promise I'd put the mask on before I left this morning.

Now I'm 2 hours late for work and I don't even like Jim Carey

I said to my wife, "Darling, throw a dart at this map of the world, and wherever it lands we will go on holiday once this is over."

Anyway, she's not thrilled but I'm looking forward to the Permafrost Museum and can't wait to discover the hidden gem of Yakutsk."

I went into my local coffee shop this morning and asked for an Isolatte.

I just went into the supermarket.
          I haven't seen that many lines since I spent an evening in Charlie Sheen's bathroom.

My friend drowned in a bowl of muesli. He was pulled in by a strong currant.

What's the difference between roast beef and pea soup? Anyone can roast beef.

Answer phone message "....If you want to buy marijuana, press the hash key...."

and finally ..........

move the blue dots along to calculate

How Much Toilet Paper?! - The Coronavirus Toilet Paper Calculator
          Last edited by Mick; March 20, 2020, 12:00 PM.
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...I learned a new word today, banjoed. :hahaha: Had to look that up. Sorry to hear things got a little carried away, keep them isolated. Hoping that the boss will send out an email to let us know what's going on. With his track record we'll probably get it after everything is back to normal.

Going to put lunch on the table so will check back in later.....:smile:PPQP

Comment

oy, another day in Zombie paradise ABeroooooooos!

pandemic party carries on...most work is out but I have a shoot today. wearing nitrile gloves. was a bad boy scout and didn't get N95 masks in time. oh well... distance it is.

PPQ, that's a very real fear. it's a bitch of a decision for any Gov as to when/how to quarantine things and so easy to point fingers but i wouldn't want to be the one responsible for
              making that call. If people get too restless and don't 'feel' sick then eventually they will leave their houses anyway and then it buggers things all over again. Modern western society has
              almost zero patience or discipline. Now with freaked-out peeps shut in at home, all someone would have to do now is figure out a way to shut down our TV's and social media and a war wouldn't be necessary to conquer the west....
              it would tear itself to shreds.

I did a nice TNH meditation this morn. worked on some pandemic party 2020 T shirt designs. lol really. made brekkie for moi since girly sleeps till like 2pm, and trying to sort fact from fiction on the interwebs which
              is entertaining. Someone circulated a text about the Stafford Act and martial law which I believe to be a hoax FYI. I've gotten it from 2 folks now so it's spreading like a text virus. This is not how the Stafford act works so
              again I think it's a hoax.

Mick, drama under the wee bridge? noooooooo! that's it crew... we must come to the aid of our tiny friends.

yep, stores here are 'entertaining' and I think I'll only try to shop at like 7am from now on when I have to.

Darlene worked again today. her boss is a greedy money-loving jerk with the people skills of a turd. sigh.

Mick, that joke about Scotland is quite prescient... fresh veggies are still abundant so far. ha!

let's see.. tonight is white beans and BBQ pork, avo/tomato/feta/fresh basil salad

ok, packing up for my shoot

be well loves. really well!
              nosce te ipsum
              (Know Thyself)

Comment

Mick! The Finnish Line :haha::haha::haha: Thank you for the funnies!
                Last edited by Byrdlady; March 20, 2020, 04:49 PM.
                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                Tool Box
                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Greetings friends,

Had a warm, even a bit humid day here as evidenced by some frizz forming on my head, haha!!
                  Took Matilda down the road for our walk & we were surprised by 3 women trotting by on horseback. Not something i ever saw in my old neighborhood, Lol
                  Son stopped by for a short visit to bring us up to date about things concerning his in-laws. The fire academy where he was supposed to be teaching until August had to close down & send the recruits home. So my kid is back in his fire house for the time being. Nothing else new here.

Det, glad you’re getting a bit of work during this weird time. I wouldn’t be touching anyone’s belongings either without a double pair of gloves on. Is the teenager doing any online classwork or just sleeping her life away? They will if you let them, haha!

Mick, are you saying your brother is stubborn?? Really?
                  Keep those people well apart from each other under that bridge. I’d hate to see fights breaking out!
                  The conditions today in Italy sound absolutely horrible. So many people dying in a 24 hr period of time. Keep yourself well & safe!

PQ, I hope you’re seeing some better weather this week. If the boss doesn’t care about work stuff they you don’t need to worry either!

Hey Byrdie, Cyn, Sam & Pauly, Pie too. Let’s all keep checking in & stya sane. OK?

Have a nice night everyone!
                  Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Mae all - Mick, that is hysterical!!! I loved the horses most! Yep , I hear there is a really crucial shortfall of horses' masks, lol.

Lav, wow, what a good idea to spend time on now... horseback riding is perfect - far enough so the horses don't kick each other,

Det, glad you had a shoot... your meals always sounds so interesting! Those are 2 lucky girls!

Shout out to all others stopping by... wishing all well and safe. And let's keep others safe as well ---

Comment

Hi everyone..how are we all today then?we doing good?Well first day here with pubs clubs gyms ,theatres the full ish closed.This will certainly be a period of getting jobs done .A lot of campsites and camping routes have closed down ..a lot of them in the Highlands of Scotland...what they are saying is ..this isnt a place to escape to ..this is our home .Supposed to go detecting tomorrow ...not sure .it will be on one of our own sites ...it will be me and my friend thats it ..not even see anyone else on the fields farless getting close to them!Shops again are mobbed this morning...saw it on the news .I saw an interesting one this morning on the telly..4 folk that usually go out running together and going for a pint after ...instead they went out separately ,and met up via skype /video app with a pint ..in their own homes .
                      Tell me ...how many of us have got fit bits or step counters of one type or another?
                      Julies pilates group has shut down ..but as we speak she is doing it upstairs ..her teacher has set up online classes on a closed facebook page .

hiya teegee ..hows you then?methinks at one stage of life you were into horse riding?yep in the mane there are shortage of horse masks...but thats another tail

hiyaLav ..how are you then?hope all is well with you too.Yes my brother is stubborn ...very much so ..lot more than me!Yes Italy seems to begetting really battered and now they think its Spains turn..to all intents reports suggest that things are easing off in China ,but they dont know if its suppression or eradication . fingers crossed thelatter ...Think things are going to hot up in the"under the bridge"scenario..

anyway you stay safe.

hiya Pauly , Sam NoraC Slo stay safe .

hi ppqp ..I think its a case of making your own guidelines up if your boss cant be assed ...main thing is stay safe .yep banjo can be a verb ..to banjo someone or something ..or a noun a musical instrument or type of bolt ...see you can learn everything thats useless here .

hiya Det hows you then mate?all goodIhope ...made a lentil spag bol last night ...it was luvverly .

right everyone stay in stay safe stay positive ..

Don't go to the pub. Don't meet up with your friends. Don't come home with an infection.

Honestly, Boris Johnson is starting to sound like my missus

I just rang my child’s school to tell them I am a ‘Key Worker’, so my son will be in next week.

“So you work for the NHS?” They asked.

“No” I replied, “I work for CHUBB locks.”

The kid I hired to clean up poop in my yard just realized I don't have a dog

We all know someone who'll get Covid-20.
                      If you've had one sh.t, they've had two.
                      If you have a black cat, they have a blacker cat.
                      If you've been to Tenerife, they've been to Elevenarife.

They need to bring Jeremy Kyle back on TV so all those who worked can watch it now.

Can you believe the government ordering pubs, clubs, restaurants, etc...to close?

I joined a gym on New Year's Day and I was going for my first workout tonight.

The wife struggled to get our usual shopping due to shortages, no bread but at least she got some cake.

I took a bite and said "Urgh this is putrid what kind of fcking cake do you call this?"

She replied "Urinal"

As I shopped at the Sainsburys in Liverpool, I got into a shouting match with this old toothless fellow over the last bog rolls and jostled carts with some ugly gits over the last dodgy frozen Indian dinners at the back of the freezer.

And this was back in last September, fck knows what it's like now.

Guest complained to hotel manager:

Guest: "Do you know there's hasn't been any toilet paper in my bathroom for the past three days?"

Manager: "Why did you wait three days? You've got a tongue in your head, haven't you"

Guest: "Yeah, but I don't have a neck like a fcking giraffe."

I've still not decided where to go for mothers day
                      The lounge or the kitchen

A self-employed plumber called the jobcentre,he said he needed money due to lack of work.
                      The Jobcentre said " sure-visit the jobcentre".
                      The plumber said "I can, but they'll be a £90 call out charge

The NHS has urgently requested that all top flight football physiotherapists help out.

Their ability to cure what seem to be critical injuries in less than 30 seconds will soon put an end to this disaster.

And that demonstrates how to wash your hands properly.

Tomorrow we'll be showing how to wipe your ass.

What’s the opposite of rose tinted glasses.

Skeptikals.

“I used to be addicted to swimming but I’m very proud to say I’ve been dry for six years.”

UK in lockdown: Nation's public areas are abandoned due to coronavirus | Metro News
                      Last edited by Mick; March 21, 2020, 02:33 PM.
                      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Greetings everyone,

Had a sunny but chilly day here, no rain. Good day for a long walk down my lonely road with my doggie
                        Seeing the pictures of usually busy places like Grand Central Station in NYC & Times Square almost completely empty is just strange. Sometimes you feel like you’re in an episode of The Twilight Zone, really. Just heard of the death of the first US nurse. She contracted the virus while overseas somewhere, 61 years old with a history of asthma. Sad times!

Mick, you don’t usually run into a lot of people when you’re out detecting, do you? Maybe you can sneak a little time in tomorrow.
                        With everyone losing jobs right now I think you’re right about the under bridge census - look out, Lol
                        My Fit Bit gave up on me so I’m using an app called Pacer. As long as you have your phone in your pocket it’s counting your steps

Hello to Cyn, hope you are OK today & enjoying some clear skies as well.

PQ, how’s things up there in Canadia today?

Det, what did you make for dinner? I made a big pan of oven fried chicken tenders & some sweet potato fries, yum.

Sam & Pie, how are you guys?

Pauly, check in with us & let us know you are OK.

Have a decent night everyone!
                        Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

Det...hope you had a good shoot. Pandemic Party 2020 T-shirts, like in "I Survived"? I'm not sure what Darlene does but I hope the turd closes up shop soon, this is way too serious.

TG...some signs of spring around here would be really uplifting. Unfortunately more snow in the forecast. Nothing serious just annoying.

Pauly...how are you doing? I find myself slipping into a funk after watching all this virus stuff on the tv. It's the same thing over and over again. I finally turned it all off. Keep your chin up and your elbow down. LOL

Lav...glad you were able to get a visit in with your son, too bad about the teaching job. It was a warm sunny day today so I spent a lot of time doing short walks around the complex just to get out of the house. It's only been 5 days and they're saying 2 weeks is not going to be long enough...say it with me God, grant me the serenity....Made a big crock pot of spaghetti sauce which will end up becoming various different meals. Running out of space in my tiny fridge freezer. LOL

Mick...if you go detecting tomorrow do you travel with your buddy or meet him there? Our news reporters are using hockey sticks with their mikes taped on them to interview people in person. It's about 6 feet. I'll send you one. I haven't experienced any shop mobs but then there's certain places I won't go, Walmart/Costco. Mainly people are still polite and patient here, nice to see. I refuse to use skype/video conferencing. Takes me long enough to look decent for work not doing that if I'm not going out. Boss finally sent a notice for our website so at least that's something. I'm sure he's going crazy and am grateful I'm not the one dealing with it. One of the bridge ladies called yesterday to see if I wanted to go to her place to play cards. She got back from Australia on Monday so it was hard but I passed. I just can't take any chances.

Wishing all a peaceful night....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae all -

Quick goodnight - see you on the other thread. Hey everybody, stay safe out there!

Comment

Working...
                            X