22 March

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 22 March

Quick good night... our doc feels that both of us have the C-virus... Tamiflu did nothing for hubs... he is struggling with temps and chills, I believe I am on the mend. Doctor ordered tests tomorrow for us - hubs is hi-risk, and this way if he tests positive and needs to go to the ER, they will actually let him in! Weird.

Shout out to all - hang in there and be kind to yourselves... glad to hear what's going on. Mick, what's all the fuss in the nighttime in my quiet sweet little town? I need some sleep! Lol.

Sending everyone light - more tomorrow...

Comment

TG...I'm so sorry, was hoping that wasn't going to be the case. Good to hear you're on the mend and positive light rays to hubs. :hug:

Comment

afternoon all..hope everyone is doing ok .Tee gee how are you? did you have to get tested?I hope all is well.See Prince Charles has tested +ve for it .and now they are talking about who he has been in touch with including Harry and Megan .Julie got a phone call from the Gov this morning ..as from today she is working from home ...shit ..my to do list just got longer ..unreal Julie will be doing all the online ordering and contracts from a computer at home .It certainly has changed since yesterday ..Now they are temp testing all staff at the gate on entry ...there are no visits ,workshops etc and feeding prisoners at the door.

Alovely day here weather wise ..was looking last night at garden centres online too ...not many have got anything at all especially veg ..folk are just going crazy..I ordered 21 packs of seeds last night ,and today managed to order a load of compost on line .So the only place we will be going is to her dads end of .

was in the garden this morning ...went to switch the fountain on ....bang blew the circuit breakers the lot ...anyone guess why?yep litte balls of fur chewed thru the wires .so have to re wire it all again!

Lav ..good for you and the masks ..do you know what the latest is here? people breaking into gyms and stealing the equipment!!all these muscle heads obviously cant press or push anything unless it has a bar on it!!
        Another stormer ..nhs workers getting parking tickets..why are traffic wardens out anyway?Give him his due though ..Piers Morgan has said ..any nhs worker who gets a ticket ..he will pay it and take it up with the government .again over here people saying to the cops ...why what are you going to do then when they are caught breaking the curfew and distancing...not quite the same approach in India ...

Police in India beat people into submission as coronavirus lockdown bites | Daily Mail Online

and then you get this ..Trump is saying they are over the worst ??really ..ffs tell that to the New Yorkers!!!

President Trump hoping to see US economy reopened by Easter amid virus

everyone stay safe ,I know its difficult and frustrating..its also annoying seeing all these shits just flouting it ....the thing is ..protect you and yours and whatever you care about so these stupid folk

The other thingis ..as you may have noticed Im sending tons of junk thru messenger etc just to keep folk smiling I apologise now if anything offends you personally .and if anyone doesnt want me to pester them ,,,then let me know ..not a problem in the meantime be good!

Britons outraged at being told to exercise once a day

I couldn't get any bread in the supermarket today so I went to the park and threw I.O.U's to the ducks.

There still seems to be a lot of confusion about this new virus.
        Most people don't know their SARS from their EBOLA.

Unable to find toothpaste due to empty shelves, I decided to chew on my dog's toy bone instead.

Now my mouth is squeaky clean.

Well poor old Prince Charles has tested positive for COVID -19.

Sorry Charles,but an old bat springs to mind

I'm not saying I've been stockpiling eggs for a while, but some of the fckers have just hatched.

The year is 2040 and a lonely Keith Richards sparks up another joint on an empty planet wondering where the fck everybody went.

My body has absorbed that much disinfectant and soap, every time I go for a pee it cleans the toilet.

After testing positive for coronavirus, prince Charles is working from home. So far he's opened the new garden shed 16 times and shaken the dogs paws three dozen

Donald Trump has apologised for repeatedly referring to Coronavirus as 'China virus' over the last few weeks, which some have claimed has led to racist attacks against Orientals in America.

He told a press conference: 'Ah so! Me so sollee!'

Had a close shave on my way to get some weed. The police stopped me and asked me if I was out of isolation for a good reason.

Luckily, when I told them I was on my way to the station, to report a nasty Twitter post about Anna Soubry, they apologised for delaying my vital journey.

Nationwide building society has just emailed me telling me to stay away from branches due to Covid-19.

I don’t see how not touching a tree will help?

Why aren’t the police working from home ?

Tip of the day:
        To avoid infection, people must not cough near you; they must be far from you.
        If they cough near you, tell them to far cough.

After a terrible time with Diarrhoea and a long struggle with Hypercholesterolemia

I finally won the spelling contest.

Yesterday evening I had to change a lightbulb, a bit later on I crossed the road. Then I walked into a bar..

My life is a joke.

Q) What lies on its back, one hundred feet in the air?

A) A dead centipede.

My grandfather was killed by a steam train,

He was chuffed to bits.
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Cyn, thinking of you and your hubs waves to the gang
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

MAE ALL...

Lav...well heaven was short lived. LOL Cold this morning but supposed to warm up during the week. Did the new pattern work out better?

Mick...how is Julie's dad doing? You haven't mentioned him lately and in my mind no news is good news. It's good that Julie can work from home and I know you're up to tackling the added to do's on the list.

Pauly...glad you popped in, I've been thinking of you.

The Federal Government finally came to an agreement around 3am so financial assistance is still a go. Not sure what my day will bring but will take it as it comes. Stay well all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

TG, sorry to hear about hubs, hope you get tested as well. just so you know, glad you're better.
              Mick, Rump is a moron. what I don't get is why so many are drinking the cool aide.
              Det, there are always "alternative facts" when I heard that phrase, I knew we were in trouble.
              PQ, same here, cooled off a bit, probably not to your extreme!
              Lav, being careful, I contact with people is pretty minimal but it only takes one occasion! you do the same, being careful, that is..
              Pauly, how you holding up there?

rainy cold day here so computing away.
              be well and stay well, friends
              Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Greetings all,

I actually went & picked up my grandsons & brought them here for a few hours. Their mother is up to her eye balls making arrangement for her Dad whois to be discharged from the rehab tomorrow. Here’s the thing - he still hasn’t seen an orthopedic surgeon about his fractured ankle. He’s no weight bearing on that foot & leg so how can he go home to NJ alone??? He can’t walk, climb stairs, drive, grocery shop or cook. WTF??? Staying at their house for a while might have been a possibility until my son called & said he was sent home halfway thru his 24 hr shift today because someone in his fire house tested positive for Covid-19. This is going to be a freak show trying to figure all this out

Cyn, I’m keeping you & your husband in my thoughts & prayers. Yes, I am at the point of praying for everyone.

PQ, Sun here yesterday, rain today, sun to return tomorrow. Confusing, haha! At least maybe the guys pouring new concrete for us can get back & finish the job tomorrow, haha!

Pauly, glad to see you & hope things are OK.

Mick, sounds like you’re about to have a busy house there. Better to work from home when possible for anyone.
                This virus is spreading quickly. Today’s #s for my state went from 851 to 1100. Wish we could all stay inside & stay safe.

Det, hope to see more of your awesome pics on FB
                Keep yourself healthy & safe too.

Hi to Sam & Pie.

Stay healthy everyone!
                Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae all -

Glad to hear how everyone is hanging in...

Mick, good luck with having Julie home... maybe she can take breaks and patrol the rabbits! Redoing all that wiring sounds a bit daunting...good luck!

Lav, holy sh*t that situation sounds terrible... ridiculous that he is being discharged! I'm SO sorry to hear your son has been close to a C-19 person in the firehouse... they are all heroes for doing this work, but the risk for them is enormous... I'm sending prayers his way, and good luck to DIL and father. Sheesh, so nice of you to take the boys...

Pauly, you are so sweet to send wishes, thanks. How you doing?

Det, did the big house job come through? Hope so .,, I want to find you on FB ... Instagram... sounds like your stuff is beautiful.

PPQ, sorry about the weather... do you get seed catalogs to start with for planting? I used to live in MN, and the seed catalogs were a life line.

Sam, glad to hear you have stuff to do on the cold rainy days... better than growing outside!

Hello to all else stopping by...

Well, we drove an hour up into NY State to get tested. Very professional state troopers everywhere... gowned nurses at different stations... every so often I thought that I was on a Hollywood set for a movie... everything looked so surreal. We'll see in 6 days, though there is a 35% false negative rate, so we're just assuming that we have it and are quarantined for 2 weeks... better to keep all safe. Hubs really struggling with fever and chills, poor guy, I am watching for any respiratory issues. Pauly, I needed you- he was so desperate for a haircut that he let me cut his hair! That was a first for me in haircutting, it turned out OK, but was nerve-wracking!!!

Tired, so off to bed early for me. More cooking, cleaning, dog care and laundry tomorrow, though I hope to get stuff done on my business - crucial, must keep it a priority.

Sleep tight all, or good morning to you, whichever...

Comment

Happy Wednesday at the zoo ABeroooonies!

Oh my, so much happening everywhere. Be great if going to a meditation was doable but it simply isn't. I must do more of the home version for sure.

Treegirl, I'm so glad you are being treated well by the medical staff...that's encouraging to hear. Hold on tight, you certainly are far from alone. And kudos for your
                    first hairdo! Pauly would be impressed and I know I am.

PPQ, what an awesome article on the photographer, thanks so much. I do charity type work often but I really like this angle so much. I may try and contact him.

Lav, any pics of your handcrafted masks? I'll try to get the earloops on ours tomorrow and snap some 'who is that masked man?' selfies please tell me someone remembers
                    that line....

it sounds like financial relief is actually happening. whew, that will be so appreciated let me tell you. Mind you I'm used to operating in very little these days.

The big house shoot was crazy but very good, only took about 3 hours as I was hustling. The home owners were quite wealthy and had a nice table setup by the front door with nitrile gloves, N95 masks
                    and booties. I felt kinda speshull.....;P

Mick, thanks as always for keeping the humor level up!

Sam, hang in there amigo. We shall press on somehow.

ok, must put away my things, charge my other things, and probably clean some things....

be well loves
                    nosce te ipsum
                    (Know Thyself)

Comment

morning all
                      hope everyone is doing goodly, going up to set points and located the new parking lot for Park service parking lot. I've helping another surveyor do this project. They're almost finished building it. It's new parking for a local hike here called Old Rag Mountain. It's a great hike but very crowded. I haven't been in a long time but there's some serious boulders.

spring is springing, right purty out there!
                      Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

hi all ..firstly as we know Lav has 11 years in ...well done to you ...things sound pretty rough where you are ..that is abs crazy sending someone home in that condition.plus your son has been in contact with someone who is +ve for it ...stsy safe and look after yourselves ...Go and enjoy your walk ...me Im off on the treadmill in a minute

Hiya Sam ..how are you today then?is the parking lot just being set up?is it open to the public yet or are they being kept away.?Is this the hike?

Old Rag Mountain Hike (Shenandoah National Park) - 22 All You Need to Know Before You Go (with Photos) - Shenandoah National Park, VA | Tripadvisor

stay safe mate .

Tee gee how are things with you today then?hope all is well with you ..and also hubs is ok .as we speak Julie is sitting writing the Covid policy for the nick ..I keep getting the "what do you think and put your "Head of Security hat and on and tell me what you think ...hmm small price to pay for her not having to work in there .Please take care of you and your hubby ...we are coming out of this as one xxxx

hiya det ....the masked man? Tonto not have a clue..glad the shoot went ok .Ive just ordered a load of plants and in them are bean shoots etc ...Must say tho..the pasta doesnt seem to be coming through .take care of you n yours .

hiya ppqp ..hope all is well with you? have you thought about an online card school?that would be interesting ..how to make an online bridge club if you type that in it gives loads of options the main thing is stay safe

right folks ...big shout to you all pauly pie everyone out there ..together we can fight and beat this..

Prince William: "Hi Harry. Dad has COVID-19."

Prince Harry: "Yours might have."

I ordered a chinese there, wee chinese driver comes to the door and I walked out to meet him. he then started shouting "isolate isolate". I said "Mate your'e not that late, I only ordered 10 minutes ago".

I’ve been off work for the last few weeks and have developed the nastiest of side effects.

A scouse accent.

EVADE social distancing fines in parks and forests with your friends and family by dressing up in pantomime horse costumes

The "where are my keys" panic in 3 weeks time is going to be insane.

not sure why teachers are struggling. they spend half the year off work anyways

Everyone is impressed with Dyson for designing a new ventilator so fast. Little do they know its just a vac with the wires swapped over.

More hospitals will have to be built and pretty quickly.

For all the people going fcking loopy.

A mate came round to buy some toilet paper earlier, I asked, "What you after, pal?"

He said, "Can I get two rolls until Friday?"

I said, "Two rolls until Friday? I'm not a fucking drug dealer, it's cash or nothing."

"okay, okay, sorry!" He replied, "I'll just take one roll, then.

"That will be £1.20," I told him, handing him the roll.

"£1.20??" He replied, "You said 50 pence on the phone.

"Yes, that's right!" I said, "but, the 50 pence stuff has all gone, this is some Colombian quilted shit, just in.

I used to be in a band called 'Missing Cat'.

You probably saw our posters.

My mate David is a victim of ID theft.

Now we just call him ‘Dav’

Q) What do you call a girl who sets fire to her credit card statements?

A) Bernadette.

I will never forget what my Grandad said just before he kicked the bucket.

He said, "How far do you think I can kick this bucket?"

A man was arrested for impersonating a helium balloon,

Police held him for a while then let him go.

I asked my Doctor to take my tonsils out

So he took them to a wine bar.

If you've seen one shopping centre..

You've seen the mall.
                        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Good evening friends,

Today was nice & sunny, perfect day for a long walk with the doggie
                          The guys finished up the concrete work today, looks great. We told them to come back next week & tear out the old pavers out front of our house & do their magic there as well. I am too old to be crawling around on my hands & knees pulling weeds growing up thru the pavers. The ones right in front of the porch have sunk making it a potential hazard for some old person like me, haha!

Cyn, sorry you had to travel for testing. Things are so messed up because the country was so unprepared. We know exactly who to blame for this fiasco!
                          My son & everyone in his firehouse are quarantined for 2 weeks. I suppose other firehouses will be covering their territory. I really hope for quick healing for you & your husband.

Det, nice to hear you are rubbing elbows with the rich folks these days, Lol. Good that you enjoyed the photo shoot.
                          I’ll see about getting a pic of the masks.

Sam, I’ve been to Shenandoah a few times, such an awesome place! How are the allergens doing there? I’m feeling sneezy myself the past few days up this way! Enjoy the beautiful views!

Mick, knowing that I pushed myself to quit when my first grandson was born 11 years ago makes me very happy. I can look at him & feel good about my decision & I know he will never see me touch a drink.
                          Thank you for the poem you left over in General, that was very nice :hug:

Hello to Pauly, PQ & Pie!

Wishing everyone a nice night & stay home where you’re safe from viral loads.
                          Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mick, yep that's the place. They've closed the hikes just in time to open the parking lot!
                            Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

MAE ALL...internet has been off and on all day. Thankfully it's not me but my provider.

Sam...had a look at the link, nice hiking spot. I think that's funny the lot is now open to the closed trail.

Mick...I have been playing online bridge up until today! Hopefully will be able to get back to the tables soon. LOL

Lav...and another year under your belt, you go girl. I hope your son is ok.

Shout out to Pauly, TG and Det. Keeping this short so I don't loose it. Will see you all tomorrow....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae all --

Thanks for the well-wishes all. Pretty tough day here - hubs is really struggling, hi temps interspersed with drenching sweats and chills... poor guy, he is a wreck. I was worried about the high temps, but we had a tele-meeting with her, and when she saw him she said he is best off at home convalescing, whew, what a relief. So, onward for another week at least.

Lav, congrats! You are a rock star. Glad you are getting new pavers, yay! Crossing fingers for your son - is he sequestered from family?

Pauly, hope you are doing OK... I need a video on cutting hair! But it doesn't look terrible (who could tell when he's had to stay in bed all day?)

PPQ, how 's it going - are you working from home? Meals OK?

Det, how exciting about that job... may it lead to many more!!!

Sam, that's sad/funny about the parking without the hikers... glad that spring is beautiful there.

Mick, so sweet that Julie is seeking your guidance... love that! Thanks for all the funnies... happy gardening...

Stay safe all -

Comment

Working...
                                X