3 weeks tomorrow!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 weeks tomorrow!

And I want to thank everyone for being there. I have had my cravings, but this has to be the easiest quit that I have ever had. I am looking back for when I quit for 7 years and this is tied with that one.
    I believe that this has been so easy is because I was totally ready to give AL up. I still have my hard times when I miss the taste of beer but I do not miss the stupid drunken acts or the day after anymore. I am still taking it ODAAT and I will not let anyone get me to drink ever again. Every time my AL mind tries to trick me into drinking like only drinking when I am with friends or every now and then I do not let those thoughts linger and tell the AL mind that I have quit, and will not be drinking even once in awhile because far too often I have tried that and failed. I know I can not just drink 1 time every few months etc or even 1 time a month. It was hard to do it every other weekend. If I kept on going I would have been drinking weekly again.
    I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Re: 3 weeks tomorrow!

Congratulations, Drifty!
    ThisSober.jpg
    "God didn't give you the Strength to get back on your feet
    so that you can run back to the same thing that knocked you down."
    :hug:

Comment

Good job, Drifty. It has often been said and I believe it completely that it is much, much easier to just not drink at all than to try and moderate or drink occasionally. Once we make up our mind for certain that AL is no longer a part of our lives, it is much easier. You had such a long AF time so you know how it's done. Best of luck to you!!
      For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
      AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Yay! :thumbsup:

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Working...
        X