• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 29 March

Mae everybody, Cyn! I am praying for you both
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

MAE ALL...

TG...sending you positive vibes for you and your hubs:hug:

Comment

hiya everyone ...how are we doing then?Firstly tee gee ...thoughts are with you both at this time ,Iwondered where you had gone ,but didnt want to ask ...have you had the ecg results yet?Im sure things will be fine .but stay strong .
        let us know when you hear :hug::hug:

been busy today ...the little wall around the camelia had been bugging me ..so today it got the biz ..I ordereda new stone chisel...it works a treat ..so Icut some blocks from some stone I had ..swinging a 4lb lump hamer for a while is no joke ..def need more practice ...anyway we have now gone from this

20200401_092145.jpg

to this

20200401_162710.jpg

Ineed to get some more soil and plants in it to build it up a bit and also in the front .

A quick brew anyone?

Its quite strange here ...Julie is working from home ,but the Governor is on the phone all the time ..it ends up like a chat show after a while ..He is now in charge of the nick ,but we served as officers together some 25/30 years ago..!!the kitchen worktop got a stain mark on it ..you know those people that come in the night no one sees them and do things like that ?so now part of the work top has been sanded back and is getting built up again .

hope everyone is keeping busy too ,boredom is a pain too ...take care all stay safe teegee let us know .

Ban Nutella.

Help stop the spread.

The head of the Kingdom Church in Camberwell has people flocking to buy his coronavirus plague protection kit for £91.

Look out for his new book, Gullibles Travel.

My cat just asked me if I want the radio leaving on while he goes out.

Fkn smart ass

I've made a home brew of Vodka, Whisky, chillies and battery acid.

I've called it "Block and Tackle."

Three shots before going for a walk around the block and you'll tackle anyone.

A man was arrested for impersonating a helium balloon,

Police held him for a while then let him go.

I used to be an escapologist,

It was a struggle just to make a living.

Q) What do you call someone who points out the obvious?

A) Someone who points out the obvious.

Whatever you do, don't ever type 'Part A' backwards..

It's a trap!

·

Q) Why are mountains so funny?

A) Because they're hill areas.

I intend to live forever!
        ..or die trying.

As a painter, I'm proud to say that some of my work is now on show in the National Gallery,

I did the skirting boards.

I'm currently writing a mystery novel.. Or am I?

Q) What do you call a girl standing between two goal posts?

A) Annette.

This morning at work my boss told me to "have a great day"

So I went to the pub.

Q) What do you call a man in a slow-cooker?

A) Stu!

Q) What stands in a field and goes "Oooooh!"

A) A cow with no lips.

I have the heart of a Lion..

and a lifetime ban from London Zoo.

I have enough money to last me the rest of my life,

Unless I buy something.

The invisible man married the invisible woman.

Their kids were nothing to look at.

My son starts school on Monday and is so scared of being picked on,

I guess it's my own fault for calling him 'Someoneyourownsize'

I distorted a Tortoise earlier.

Now it's just an Oise.

When I found out that my toaster wasn't waterproof, I was shocked!

I can stop a speeding bullet.

Once.

What's small red and whispers?

A hoarse radish.

I went to the doctors the other day and I said "Have you got anything for wind?" So he gave me a kite.

Q) What do you call a man with cat scratches all over his head ?

A) Claude!

Q) What's got a bottom at the top?

A) A toilet.

I slipped on some dog poo the other day, It didn't suit me though.

If you choke a Smurf..
        What colour does it turn?
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Good evening everyone,

Cyn, I have been thinking of you both & I am glad you took him to the hospital. Some things are just too much to handle at home. They can do a lot of preventative things to help him ward off pneumonia. His O2 sat of 90 is low but not awful. Why wait until it is in the 80’s? Hope you are getting some rest today & taking care of you :hug:

PQ, your ‘spring flowers are all white, Haha!!!
          I hope it goes away real soon.

Hi to Sam, Pauly & Mick!
          Mick, you have so much blooming already, lucky you

We had the 3 cracked concrete blocks replaced today & they started digging out the old pavers out front today. With a little luck it will be all done by the end of the week.
          I planted a big package of wildflowers seeds in one of my raised beds today to make the butterflies & bees happy this summer.

Hi to Det, how all is well with you.

Have a nice night all!
          Lav
          Last edited by Lavande; April 1, 2020, 06:21 PM.
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae everybody, Cyn how's things? Poor hubs, I was watching a video of a guy with covid and he said when he'd stand up his breathing was so bad he swore he was gonna die his lungs felt like glass but when they'd lay him back down he felt relief with his breathing, sounds goddam awful and I HATE this time right now! Me and Kellie are really in a melancholy mood, I know it doesn't help but I keep bursting into tears and I hate crying! Gives me terrible brain fog for hours after, bet there's a run on antidepressants right now, if they didn't scare me so bad I'd be tempted Mick, thanks for the things you send, keep being you it adds some normalcy PQ, hoes things there? I've tried vertical gardening before but maybe cuz the air here is so dry everything dies in a matter of days, Lav, allergy city! In my allergy test they found ragweed which has been high here and Bermuda grass which is all they plant here cuz it thrives on the heat so I'm basically screwed haha, MUCH LOVE to all and wishes for a great BF Thursday? Thank you all for being here.

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

hiya all ...how are you then today? hope all is well .Raining here today so normality is back to a certain extent ..moving all that stone yesterday made my back ache a wee bit ..so leave it today.
              Teegee how are you and hubby? hope things are on the mend for you both
              Hiya Pauly ...dont be crying too much ..theyll be declaring a water shortage soon .!!!you take care girl ..big hugz to yooo

hiya ppqp ...hows you then ? has the snow gone yet?or are you past caring sitting at yer online card table?same goes ...take it eazee..

Hiya Lav ...success ..managed to find an online company that was still working so ..Im getting a ton of 20mm chippings delivered next Monday..how did the path go?is it finished ?same goes ...take care ..

Det n Sam ...hope you are well ..same with Pie Nora c and any and everyone else that jumps in .

This keeping two metres apart is absolutely ridiculous.

I've just moved the electric meter away from the gas meter and now I've got no fcking power.

While we have this lockdown stuff going on my missus said she'd introduce me to some new board games. I have to be honest though, the pasting board, ironing board and draining board games she tried to show me all looked a bit shit.

The Good News: I won the lottery!

The Bad News: Since no one could buy tickets, it's only £12.

Good news for heavy gamblers...Only a couple of weeks til' the Two Flies Walking Up A Wall season begins.

Meatloaf is getting married again. He's engaged to his accountant. Apparently she'll do anything for love, but she won't do VAT.

Got to feel sorry for the scousers.

With the social distancing laws they can't get their hands in other peoples pockets.

Two weeks into isolation and I'm starting to get on my own fcking nerves.

Quarantine Day 10

Decided to keep a log

It was windy this morning
              I looked out the window
              The grass was waving
              I waved back.

I can't wait to get out of isolation and back to work.

So I can book a week off.
              af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Greetings Abbers,

Sun again today with a very chilly wind that’s blowing allergens all over the place, Lol
                The concrete guys have all the prep work done for the job in the front of my house & will be back tomorrow to mix & pour. Yay! Next is getting the Amish guy here who is going to replace the falling down deck railings in the back of the house & relocate the steps so they will land on the new concrete pad. This work should have been done before this but at least it’s getting done now. I don’t car for the ghetto look, haha!! Getting rid of those ugly overgrown shrubs out front was such a joy. To think those bushes were planted 17 years ago this summer when we built the house but they were never tended to - not my job!
                I started getting text messages from my oldest grandson last night. He’s bored out of his mind apparently. I feel bad for the kids being cooped up like this. He’s with his mother in NJ tending to his grandfather for the time being.

Pauly, look for the bright side - there always is one if you look hard enough :heart:
                If we all continue to behave ourselves now this virus will disappear soon enough. I’m hearing about good research at the University of Pittsburgh finding a way to battle this virus. All we need to do is wait & everything will be OK.

Mick, I hope the rain holds off here so the concrete guys can finish up tomorrow. It’s going to be a massive improvement when it's done!
                Glad you found a company open to deliver Monday!

Cyn, thinking of you & hope things are going well :hug:

PQ, how was your day? Sunny & warm I hope.

Hello to Det & Sam & anyone dropping in later.

Let’s all have a decent night!

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

Pauly...sorry you're feeling melancholy this is a tough time for all of us. :hug:

Mick...you be careful with your back, it's hard enough being isolated without being bed ridden. Snow will probably be here for a while yet as we had flurries off and on all day with more to come tonight. At least it makes it easier to just stay put. Played bridge for a few hours and then got involved in a Texas Holdem tournament. I ended up playing for 3 hours before losing all my chips. LOL

Lav...not sunny, not warm. LOL You'll have to put a pic up after the deck railing and stairs are finished. Jealous that you're able to plant already, got a feeling this is going to be a poor year for my garden. With such a short growing season to begin with I think I'm doomed. Perhaps I can plant winter garlic.

TG...thinking of you. Hope you'll post good news soon. Stay safe.

Shout out to Det & Sam. Pi...thinking of you too. If you're lurking give us a shout.

Wishing everyone a restful evening....:smile:PPQP
                  Last edited by porqoui; April 2, 2020, 09:23 PM.

Comment

Mae all - sorry to be away and worry everyone... just such long days - so many people want to know how he is doing, I feel like I'm running a newspaper via texting... which is not going too well! Sometimes I want to throw the phone out the window of a fast-moving car. The news: after a couple of really worrisome days (not medically, but mentally) hubs seems to be coming out of a fog and is more himself. It was really maddening, as I can't be on this floor with him - no visitors allowed, nothing. So when I only got "radio silence" I was getting worried... Lav, I hate to bother the nurses with a call, but finally I called early yesterday and got his night nurse who gave me a rundown, thank goodness. I am so used to going to the hospital at first Light that I went to the hospital anyway... what day was it? Maybe it was this morning... anyway, he called when I was in the parking lot - joy! He sounded normal again. The tonight he got his panties ina bunch because someone's coming into his room... I knew that he's been lucky to be in a room by himself, but here comes the wave... glad he should be released before things get really nutty. But we worked through that crisis. If numbers stay good, maybe home by Saturday.

Thanks for all your concern... it is great to read here what all is going on... Lav, sounds like big doings... you too Mick - watch your back! Great shots. PPQ, watch out for anything having to do with Texas - Pauly, so sorry about the xpollens, dang, if it isn't one thing it's another. Det, hope all is going well.

Hold the light for sure - take time to really enjoy your breath, it's all we've got... grateful to you all, thanks...

Comment

morning all,
                      yesterday I came upon the stark realization that I ain't as young as I used to was. Did a bit of a mountain work and good golly I am sore. Feels like it'll go away soon enough though.
                      TG, sounds like progress in small steps.
                      Mick, like the 2 meters joke! take care of that back, they're hard to replace.
                      Lav, looks like a nice day coming our way. My son is still going up to DC to do markets. not sure that's a good idea but he's trying to keep his spot there as they are so hard to get. I'm surprised that they have not been closed down, frankly.
                      PQ, more snow? when do spring temps hit your area?

be well all and don't take no wooden nickels

hope everyone is doing well.
                      Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Mae everybody, Cyn that's wonderful news stay safe friends, much love and have a great BF Fryday!

Comment

hi all how are we today then? good I hope ..did a bit more in the garden today ,just cutting stone and bits and pieces...moving plants around etc ...still got this cough ..its annoying!they reckon the peak in the uk for it is next weekend onwards..I have no intention of venturing anywhere unless I have to ...

Teegee that is brill news ...you take care of you both x

Sam the man ..we all hit that feeling !brain says yup body is like ..are you having a laff?you stay safe matey ...and son.

And hows the Canadian croupier today then?hope all is well with you ...stay safe .

hi Lav you ok?hope all is well..seems like you are getting into the gardening too.good for you ..stay safe

hiya pauly you too stay safe

the weather over here this weekend is supposed to be glorious ...they have already put out warnings to people to not break the lockdown tho Im sure a few will...In the Phillipines they have a shoot to kill policy for curfew breakers .bit drastic ,but you wontdo it twice .

hi everyone else ..same goes stay safe .

The world in future will be run by our kids...

Who are being homeschooled at the moment by day drinkers.

I was wondering how big the new London Nightingale Hospital is.
                          The newsreader explained that it was bigger than Terminal 5 at Heathrow.
                          That's really helpful.
                          A building I've never seen is slightly larger than another fcking building I've never seen.

The wife went shopping for food earlier.

I told her to stay safe and not pick anything up.

She came back with no food.

What if mobiles are part of an elaborate plot to rid the world of phone booths so Superman has nowhere to change?

We could still have the olympic games ..just need to modify a few events ..
                          The 2 metres apart
                          100 metres apart
                          200 metres apart
                          1500 metres apart .
                          10,000 metres apart.
                          Parcel throwing as practiced by DHL and UPS delivery Drivers nowadays .

Q) What does a Mexican put under his carpet?

A) Underlay, underlay!

I just inherited some dried grapes,

I’ve put them in my currant account.

Q) How do snails fight?
                          A) They slug it out.

If vegetarians love animals so much then why do they keep eating all their food?

I got caught weeing in the local corner shop yesterday.

It was all over the papers.

I named my dog "5 miles" so I can tell people I walk 5 miles every day.

Q) What do you get if you pour boiling water down a rabbit hole?

A) A hot cross bunny!

I'm giving away my roof for free

It's on the house.

To stay in shape my grandma started walking five miles a day when she was 60.

She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.

20200403_093128.jpg

20200403_093146.jpg
                          Last edited by Mick; April 3, 2020, 10:14 AM.

Comment

MAE ALL...

TG...I hear you about wanting to through your phone away. Thank you for updating us and so glad to hear things are going in the right direction. It's time for you to indulge in some TLC.

Sam...last year we went from winter right into summer. Looks like that's going to repeat itself.

Pauly...hope you're starting to feel better.

Mick...the Canadian croupier is doing ok. I too have been working this morning trying to get the May newsletter finished. It's been snowing all morning so I think I'm just staying put today. Love the pics of the peskies.

Off to pour another cuppa. Will check back later....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Greetings Abbers,

It was SO windy today that the wind literally blew me off the road this morning. I found myself & the dog standing in a corn field, haha!! I wonder where the wizard was at that time, Lol
                              The weather held up (no rain) so the concrete guys were able to finish up the work out in front of the house. They’re actually still here cleaning up. Looks great!

Cyn, I know you have been through a lot this week. Please don’t ever feel like you’re bothering the nurses when calling for a report. I used to wonder about the families that never called or came in when they could, geez. A discharge tomorrow sounds. Great, I’m glad for the both of you

PQ, the ground is certainly not frozen here so we are planting. It’s just the chilly air & super wind that’s a pain this week. I wish you could at least have a few nice weeks of spring before the heat rolls in.
                              You must be one heck of a card player - watch out world!!!

Sam, even walking the hilly roads around here causes burning in my lower legs, not great. That’s what happens when you get too old, oh well. At least we’re still trying, right?
                              What part of DC does your son go to? I’ll have to ask my son why they haven’t shut the markets down. He should be heading back to work in a few days when his quarantine is up.

Pauly, what did you do today? I made a batch of pizza dough & split it so we could use fillings of our choice, rolled them & baked them, yum. YB goes for all the meat & cheese & I go for the dairy free cheese & sauteed veggies. Better than take out

Mick, moving stone around sounds like too much work, hope your back is OK. I hope your nose clears up too. All this wind here is blowing the allergens right of of town, love it

Hey to Det, Pie & everyone.

Have a nice night all!
                              Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Mae all -

GlD to hear that everyone is holding steady... Sam, we have all done that! Mick what sweeeeeeet pics of the peskies, so adorable. Pauly, did I read that you were doing delivery? Be careful - don't breathe in any air! (Lol)..: no seriously this virus is one humongous nasty scary bug... PPQ, I keeep seeing those bad storms roll through your little piece of heaven... so sorry. Lav, blown off the road, now that's something! Glad that the concrete has turned out well. Det, hello and hope,you are well...

Well, my little vacation has come to an end... hubs decided he wanted to come home today... all done with the hospital experience... and I guess he was such a pain, or he actually was OK to go home (with oxygen) that they let him do it. Arrived home by ambulance... that must have been an interesting sight for my apartment mates, sheesh. Hoping he didn't come home too soon - he spike to 102.3, but we handled it with Tylenol... cross fingers that this all works...

Going to nod off a bit before the 1 AM meds... cheers to all.

Comment

Working...
                                X