Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: International Army April 2020

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post
    I'm turning into one of these that runs out to get the wheelie bin as soon as it is empty. Bahaha.
    oh Jesus NOOOOOOOOOO !! :egad:

Comment

Evening..step away from the wheelie bin Bridge:welldone:
      Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
      contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

I think from what i've been hearing that they would like to loosen restrictions maybe 2 weeks after Easter - then tighten again if the numbers rise.
        The economy will be beyond recovery if they go on too long - so it's a juggling game.

Good News :
        Mother is the same - no change - and will be out of isolation next week. She's had no symptoms at all. Neither has her cellmate Both hitting 90 this year.

In my place the 5 original people who had been diagnosed are out of isolation and would you believe restrictions in there are loosening.
        They are all allowed back to the main dining & sitting rooms from tomorrow. We now have 0 cases of COVID-19.
        So to call this a old person disease at the beginning was not right. It gave the young a false sense of security.

I stick to my original theory that elderly folk have met this virus before or similar & have the antibodies to fight it - even with underlying illness - like my mother with COPD and dodgy heart.
        [MENTION=11158]stirly-girly[/MENTION] We were given training gloves are no protection unless used just once & discarded. Germs live on the gloves the same as on the hands - so if you touch your face or a surface the germs are transferred. So washing hands all the time is the only protection.
        Last edited by satz123; April 8, 2020, 01:24 PM.

Comment

I have seen people tugging at masks with their hands or gloves having done shopping etc... not keen on the mask idea -would wear one if I had it for supermarket shopping but other than that - social distancing is being observed very well I think and if anyone thinks gloves in any way substitutes for 90 a day hand washes they're mad!
          Delighted bout your mum Benjy - such bloody good news.. - re. having antibodies or whatever - did you read the info. about (statistical only - but very interesting) about countries that have had a stringent BCG vaccination programme (like Ireland had) in the past - that their figures are SO much lower - it was noticed in a previous epidemic (for the life of me can't remember which one) but it wasn't a PANdemic so the numbers weren't there to work with. Interesting tho.. everybody in Ireland was vaccinated up until 2015 with BCG since the very beginning (1937) - thought that there just MAY be some protection from it.... dunno --
          Last edited by mollyka; April 8, 2020, 02:03 PM.

Comment

[MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION]..............it was okay but my heart was thumping............I'll give it another go tomorrow............sigh. Tbh very few people about and those out were keeping two metres apart or more ...........there seems to be a sort of virus etiquette emerging. But we do have a lot of space up here.

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]......delighted for your Mum.

My cousin (who is more like my little sister).........her husband's a surgeon and is now doing COVUC wards. She's very calm and we're lying through our teeth to her mum that Sam is still just doing his normal doctoring as a gastroenterologist.
            Mind you my Aunt's not stupid.
            Last edited by JackieClaire; April 8, 2020, 03:30 PM.
            It could be worse, I could be filing.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
              I have seen people tugging at masks with their hands or gloves having done shopping etc... not keen on the mask idea -would wear one if I had it for supermarket shopping but other than that - social distancing is being observed very well I think and if anyone thinks gloves in any way substitutes for 90 a day hand washes they're mad!
              Delighted bout your mum Benjy - such bloody good news.. - re. having antibodies or whatever - did you read the info. about (statistical only - but very interesting) about countries that have had a stringent BCG vaccination programme (like Ireland had) in the past - that their figures are SO much lower - it was noticed in a previous epidemic (for the life of me can't remember which one) but it wasn't a PANdemic so the numbers weren't there to work with. Interesting tho.. everybody in Ireland was vaccinated up until 2015 with BCG since the very beginning (1937) - thought that there just MAY be some protection from it.... dunno --
              Yes we were discussing that yesterday in work (Skype obviously), and of course TB is a lung disease. Someone had a map which showed the countries which had vaccinated against it and covid numbers and those who didnt. Very interesting.
              Then again, numbers can be spin to any story so its hard to know. Typically, 15-20 years is the longest you'd be protected from that vaccination apparently.

Great news on your mother [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]..

Well done on the walk [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION]. It might not seem so daunting tomorrow.
              AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Yep there's deffo something. Not sure what but old people are not dropping like flies as predicted ..... anyhoo ....

This is good. I find her quite entertaining - ( but then I'm easily entertained these days)

Michigan Nurse Demonstrates How Easy Coronavirus Cross-Contamination Can Be - YouTube

Comment

They made them tough and broke the mold, Satzy.
                  Well that's the week done and boy am I glad. That was stressful.

Easter weekend = GARDENING!!!!! YAAAAAAY!!!!!!

What are you all up to?
                  If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                  Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post
                    They made them tough and broke the mold, Satzy.
                    Well that's the week done and boy am I glad. That was stressful.

Easter weekend = GARDENING!!!!! YAAAAAAY!!!!!!

What are you all up to?
                    All i know is we cross posted at 04:58 p.m. Holy moly! :heartbeat:

Edit: er not quite, but close enough. Me 04:56 on another thread. :welcome:
                    Last edited by Guitarista; April 9, 2020, 02:04 AM.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Originally posted by Guitarista View Post
                      All i know is we cross posted at 04:58 p.m. Holy moly! :heartbeat:

Edit: er not quite, but close enough. Me 04:56 on another thread. :welcome:
                      Woo-hoo Mr G. Let the fun begin for Easter.
                      I hope your friend made it back on site.
                      If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                      Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Morning!

Comment

Morning Molly and all to come. Absolutely glorious here. Just walked the doggies and now have to face the weekly shop. Not looking forward to it.

I have the same plan as you Bridget, going to spend the majority of the weekend in the garden. Doing battle with ivy, did not even notice how it was beginning to take over in a griselinia hedge, smothering it in places. Might throw in some power washing too, very satisfying.

Delighted about your Mom Satz. Hope everyone stays safe and manages to make Easter as enjoyable as it can be in the circumstances.

Comment

Morning Rusters - how's things generally? Keeping positive ? ( besides the supermarket) - I went to the shops yesterday - very strict rules - one trolley ONE person etc.. aisles in - aisles out.. got a tap on my shoulder -- like EXCUSE ME -- do not TOUCH me in the middle of a pandemic -- a stupid woman I used to know back when Adam was in primary school (he's 37 so do the maths) WITH her equally stupid husband -- IM MY FACE -- I quickly turned away from her and literally walked away -- what sort of CLOWNS are some people?? like REALLY really scary doing this shagging thing without muppets like that.
                            Rang HR yesterday to see where they wanted me to go - they said so far that as over 60's are in the 'at risk' group they are calling others first... so - suits me tbh - reckon I got a bit of PTSD from the last time Joe was in ICU with a virus --most scary time of my life I think!

EDIT -- in other news -- I now know what a pangolin is..
                            Last edited by mollyka; April 9, 2020, 04:39 AM.

Comment

Morning and waves to the world,
                              [MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION]........thanks, sweetheart. I was going to say I'll give a miss today as its bucketing down but I'm going to give it a go.

Mr. JC in the office today so I can wander round freely without butting in to private conversations with his clients.

I'm giving my cactuses another day in the garden............think some of them are beyond redemption but it is Easter Sunday in a couple of days............there might be a miracle.

This is fab...watch to the end.

Coronavirus: How Russia's ballet wasn't shut down despite lockdown - BBC News

[MENTION=11158]stirly-girly[/MENTION]..........loved it :applouse:
                              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

[MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION]....cross post
                                .....weird question...........how did two people get in together?
                                I don't like people touching me under 'normal' circumstances.

Yep the poor old pangolin another one blamed for the virus.
                                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X