International Army April 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: International Army April 2020

Hiya all. Well that was a long damn week full of frustration.
    Not sure if I mentioned that I blew a washing machine and a lawn mower first day out. New washing machine delivered today so that's one thing I won't be panicking about in isolation.
    Now comes the difficult part of not looking at work all weekend when it is right here in the house.
    I agree Starty. I'm not a fan of our PM either, but I feel sorry for anyone who has to make these decisions.
    KTAB it sounds as if you're enjoying that garden. I can't wait to get out there myself this weekend.
    Absolutely no thoughts of drinking here at all. The only time I even register alcohol is coming on here. I'm really surprising myself. I thought for sure I'd have those 'fuck it' moments given the circumstances, and I was ready for that, but no. Anyway Gardening Australia will knock the work vibes out of me.
    Back tomorrow with a bit more feeling.
    If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
    Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
      No they're not - they were late taking it seriously with Boris's bumbling - but look at the numbers now. It's only the tip of the iceberg I'd say.
      Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
      With a population of over 66 million are bad are at nearly 3000 deaths ........I'll wake up yo that news tomorrow.....we are squashed on a tiny island. Far, far less than countries like Spain or Italy.

Our lockdown is pretty fierce. Only allowed out for exercise, walk the dog or shop.....(or as we call it in this house 'date night').........the only shops open are supermarkets and pharmacies and the one person in............one person out. Over 70s are being looked after.

Saying that I could puke every time Mr JC goes out or Jenny has to go into school.

Boris might be buffoon but he's listening to his scientists and experts and letting them speak.
      I think all governments have made mistakes - some silly - some just..... mistakes. Virtually no one alive in this part of the world has encountered anything like this before - but overriding ALL of that, I think it's right to acknowledge that we are all (all? most?) frightened - and by pointing out previous errors does not help any of us right now in our fear. It WILL end... just right now it's really hard - and we need to cope as best we can - be it gardening reading cooking eating etc etc but reading or listening constantly to 'what is to come' does little for our moral... I think we need to be extremely gentle with each other -- especially on this forum.. we are vulnerable - yes we are - and we need to be aware of that... and like Bridge says drinking hasn't been a thought or an issue - but by being addicts we are/were basically people who (oh god - THIS is going to be controversial!!) needed 'help' to get through....just life really - and even after a few years sober I am very conscious that I still occasionally want to fumble 'outside' of myself just to lose the anxiety or worry or whatever faces us -- not necessarily alcohol - but sometime 'I' just doesn't seem to be enough - so yeah -- lets be gentle all said with love xxx

Edit -- read back what I wrote - and to those who drank socially (as I did) for many many years until it became a bit anti-socially - may say 'oh I only drank to have a good time/to have a laugh/to relax' -- that's a 'need' as much as anyone drinking to disguise worry depression etc etc… so yeah - reckon I include us all
      Last edited by mollyka; April 3, 2020, 03:49 AM.
      Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
      contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

and by pointing out previous errors does not help any of us right now in our fear. It WILL end... just right now it's really hard - and we need to cope as best we can - be it gardening reading cooking eating etc etc but reading or listening constantly to 'what is to come' does little for our moral... I think we need to be extremely gentle with each other
        Apologies .......
        I suppose being in the environment of sickness & (now death) has hardened me somewhat into facing realities head on ... and trying to explain to myself why numbers are now high. Past decisions caused it - so the hope is now that new decisions will start to show better results.

A plus for working is :
        *I am also spared the 24/7 media coverage of it.
        *I see the recoveries ... and know it's not necessarily a death sentence to get COVID-19. Elderly residents are now coming out of isolation & Care workers are coming back to work this week.

So yes get into the garden, turn off the radio & telly unless watching Netflix and watch the news just once @ 9pm :thumbsup:

Comment

Apologies .......
          I suppose being in the environment of sickness & (now death) has hardened me somewhat into facing realities head on ... and trying to explain to myself why numbers are now high. Past decisions caused it - so the hope is now that new decisions will start to show better results.

A plus for working is :
          *I am also spared the 24/7 media coverage of it.
          *I see the recoveries ... and know it's not necessarily a death sentence to get COVID-19. Elderly residents are now coming out of isolation & Care workers are coming back to work this week.

So yes get into the garden, turn off the radio & telly unless watching Netflix and watch the news just once @ 9pm :thumbsup:
          EXCELLENT advice indeed!! I have Bluetooth headphones and I just have Spotify in my ears at all times nearly -- I do pick up the necessary bits and then back to my book and my headphones -- I LOVE my headphones and book so much at the moment -- it is my world!!
          And it's great to hear the good news within the bad... it's precious beyond belief -- truly!
          Last edited by mollyka; April 3, 2020, 04:36 AM.

Comment

Doing a two in a row, but got this from my cousin.

"Keyworker (noun), definition: A person whose work is overlooked and undervalued, until the shit hits the fan."
            It could be worse, I could be filing.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Wot 2 in a row -- I only got one!!???

Comment

Now a proper good morning................good morning a waves to the world.

Got woken up at 7:30 am by a man in a dark suit..........nearly crapped myself as I thought it was an undertaker...........iit was Mr. JC in the navy blue suit he wore at the wedding. He just wanted to wear something smart for the office where he'll be sitting in on his own. Then he's doing the inlaws shopping.

I'll go out when the gales stop and the temp is over 1c.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
                  Wot 2 in a row -- I only got one!!???
                  I hadn't started it..............wandered off into the kit hen.
                  AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Mr JC was telling me yesterday that the lad what spat at a policeman got sent straight down for 6 months............no messing, no defense. Bet he's feeling very clever now.
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Now a proper good morning................good morning a waves to the world.

Got woken up at 7:30 am by a man in a dark suit..........nearly crapped myself as I thought it was an undertaker...........iit was Mr. JC in the navy blue suit he wore at the wedding. He just wanted to wear something smart for the office where he'll be sitting in on his own. Then he's doing the inlaws shopping.

I'll go out when the gales stop and the temp is over 1c.
                      Good man Mr JC . :applause2:
                      I too get dressed up to go to work at reception - where very few come to be recepted (?) except an odd straggler & the postman. But we mustn't let our standards drop in this time of crisis.
                      Keep Calm & Keep up Moral

Comment

Mr JC was telling me yesterday that the lad what spat at a policeman got sent straight down for 6 months............no messing, no defense. Bet he's feeling very clever now.
                        :applause2:

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
                          EXCELLENT advice indeed!! I have Bluetooth headphones and I just have Spotify in my ears at all times nearly -- I do pick up the necessary bits and then back to my book and my headphones -- I LOVE my headphones and book so much at the moment -- it is my world!!
                          And it's great to hear the good news within the bad... it's precious beyond belief -- truly!
                          Molls. What make are the headphones [MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION]. Send me a pitture ..... and explain how they work....
                          I need something at my lonely desk & when I'm made go out walking .........

Comment

Suppose I should have guessed it wasn't an undertaker when he kissed the top of my head, Surprised he hasn't got a black eye.
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

I get dressed EVERY day...out of pyjamas...into my grown up daytime pyjamas:welldone:
                              Such a treat to slum around at the mo.and yeah I'll prob get sick of that but for now I'm not going past basic hygiene still waiting for re-deployment
                              Hope all feeling better today xx
                              Last edited by mollyka; April 3, 2020, 05:05 AM.

Comment

Molls. What make are the headphones [MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION]. Send me a pitture ..... and explain how they work....
                                I need something at my lonely desk & when I'm made go out walking .........
                                Can't send pitcher's here..never ever mastered it but they're called Bedphones got them on Amazon...not just for bed obviously! I have other ones for IN bed they are literally a headband but dunno the name of them...no wires no fiddling round with things falling out your ears..LURVE them!!

Comment

Working...
                                X