International Army April 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: International Army April 2020

HAHA they could putya under the dryer with one of those big plastic bags I remember my mum in that...'shampoo and set' she used to call it:congratulatory:
    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
        HAHA they could putya under the dryer with one of those big plastic bags I remember my mum in that...'shampoo and set' she used to call it:congratulatory:
        Yes Molls & they would never wash the hair themselves. So once a week Wah & Set

I work with this woman in work. She's in her 50s I think ..... she has long hair & said she hasn't washed her hair herself in about 15 years :egad:
        I asked what she does & said she goes to hairdresser every 4 WEEKS ewwwwwww - Jezus ......
        Last edited by satz123; April 30, 2020, 12:53 PM.

Comment

Young Satz go run over by a ..... DOG .... I kid you not ...... yesterday evening while out for a run.....
          Some dope with a big Black LAb ( Jacks?) threw a ball and the dog ran & slammed into the side of his knee.
          Spent 3 hours getting X-Rays & a brace put on today.

Black Labs are insured for collision aren't they ?:eek-new:
          Last edited by satz123; April 30, 2020, 12:58 PM.

Comment

Christ! Knew all that runnin was bad for ypu:victorious: joking aside...hope he's ok!
            HOW could you not wash your hair for 4 weeks?..4 days wud be my limit!
            Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
            contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Nothing but nothing will come between a Lab and his/her ball...................if it had been thrown over the Berlin Wall it would have come down in seconds.

We used to have Bess insured bur be when got to eight years old the monthly payment of about a tenner a month shot up to nearly a £100. We just didn't have that kind of money at the time..................and to be honest it didn't cover much at all when you read the small rpint. We just put a tenner a month in a jam jar.............she's richer than us now.

That's made me feel a bit sick about the hair washing...............my mum used to have one of those...........she used to think she was the bees knees.
              It could be worse, I could be filing.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Imagine the smell. I'm not a wash -hair- every -day -person - but Jesus 30 days .........
                And she's a cleaner - the Housekeeping manager in fact - in the Nursing Home :egad:
                Last edited by satz123; April 30, 2020, 04:38 PM.

Comment

Evening,
                  Im in the 'its no ones business' camp too. Yes, I'm a non drinker if it comes up (oddly, it doesn't often as more and more people tend not to drink). I don't hide from it, nor do I advertise it. My kids were too young when I hopped on the wagon, but we will get there when we need to. Mr M is aware obviously... but outside him, its just you lot.

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                  Young Satz go run over by a ..... DOG .... I kid you not ...... yesterday evening while out for a run.....
                  Some dope with a big Black LAb ( Jacks?) threw a ball and the dog ran & slammed into the side of his knee.
                  Spent 3 hours getting X-Rays & a brace put on today.

Black Labs are insured for collision aren't they ?:eek-new:
                  No!! thats awful.. so how long will he need to wear a brace for? If hes out running, hes not drinking?? Mind you, I could get my runs in and down a couple of bottles at home that night, so that doesn't necessarily mean anything.

4 weeks, what a minger!!

Goodnight big, little and in between feet...
                  AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Not a great evening here to be honest. I kept myself busy all day with cleaning, shopping and cooking. Even then I started getting a really strong urge. I had to stop and think about it. It wasn't really an urge . I just started feeling incredibly sad. I felt lonely, disappointed in myself. Things started to feel hopeless - I thought to myself that any hope I'd built up was just me lieing to myself. I really don't know if I;m being honest with myself. It would be incredibly easy to just walk away from everything right now. I think sometimes, quite a lot recently actually, that my family are probably better off without me. That me wanting them back is just me suiting myself. Its not going to do them any good.

The sadness grew and created a big empty hole inside me. This is the emptiness that I've tried to fill with drink down the years. That's what the urges are. My response to feeling bad and not being comfortable with that feeling.

Next usually comes anger and cynicism. I hate everyone and everyone hates, so f--- em all. So I plan my escape from my own self inflicted emotional and mental hell.

I don't want this. I don't want any of this. I don't want to be like this. I can accept that I have a problem with alcohol. I can accept that I have mental health issues. I just can't accept the behaviour that goes with that. I can't believe I turned into that person. That's not who I want to be. That goes against everything I thought I stood for. I can't undo whats been done, but I'm not sure if I can learn to live with it either.

Comment

Originally posted by outofchances View Post
                      Not a great evening here to be honest. I kept myself busy all day with cleaning, shopping and cooking. Even then I started getting a really strong urge. I had to stop and think about it. It wasn't really an urge . I just started feeling incredibly sad. I felt lonely, disappointed in myself. Things started to feel hopeless - I thought to myself that any hope I'd built up was just me lieing to myself. I really don't know if I;m being honest with myself. It would be incredibly easy to just walk away from everything right now. I think sometimes, quite a lot recently actually, that my family are probably better off without me. That me wanting them back is just me suiting myself. Its not going to do them any good.

The sadness grew and created a big empty hole inside me. This is the emptiness that I've tried to fill with drink down the years. That's what the urges are. My response to feeling bad and not being comfortable with that feeling.

Next usually comes anger and cynicism. I hate everyone and everyone hates, so f--- em all. So I plan my escape from my own self inflicted emotional and mental hell.

I don't want this. I don't want any of this. I don't want to be like this. I can accept that I have a problem with alcohol. I can accept that I have mental health issues. I just can't accept the behaviour that goes with that. I can't believe I turned into that person. That's not who I want to be. That goes against everything I thought I stood for. I can't undo whats been done, but I'm not sure if I can learn to live with it either.
                      Bless your heart,:hug:

I filled that emptiness with alcohol but the emptiness grew. Until no amount of alcohol would fill it.

It may seem we are just on-line people............but we care for you. These feelings will pass............I'll be honest........it takes time.
                      Some days you'll be hanging on by your finger nails but we will listen and keep listening.
                      It could be worse, I could be filing.
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                      X