• Show
Clear All

Re: International Army April 2020

Hi folks - hope all well xx
    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Physically fine but had a meltdown this afternoon with lots of tears.
      We'll see what tomorrow brings.
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Pass the tissues JC. I had one this evening. Daughter brought home two pups on top of the three dogs already here. Nuf said!

Comment

Me too ladies..mebbe tomorrow will be better..night night xxx
          Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
          contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

:hug::hug::hug::hug:
            Its all a bit stressful. They announced that the state exams are going ahead tonight, so now Im stressed. Really didnt think the junior cert would happen (think thats like the O levels?), so wasnts putting much pressure on my son, who is mostly horizontal.

Qn for [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION] & [MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION], what are the restrictions for over 70s in the UK. Few aunts onto my folks today saying they are walking every day etc. You are not as locked down as they are here?
            AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

[MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION] I wish someone would bring me home a puppy. MrS is so adamant he doesn't want another - but I feel Rosie needs a pal.
              Come to think of it he didn't want Rosie either or way back didn't want kids ...... FFS !

Rosie is now the light of his life - says to her every day "ah Rosie what would we do without you ?" - Sap :haha:
              He likes the kids too ......

Comment

Originally posted by IamMary View Post
                You are not as locked down as they are here?
                No they're not - they were late taking it seriously with Boris's bumbling - but look at the numbers now. It's only the tip of the iceberg I'd say.
                Last edited by satz123; April 2, 2020, 04:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                  Dyed my hair yesterday and today will cut my fringe.
                  Dying my roots tomorrow - wouldn't dare touch the fringe.
                  My DD forever points out that when she was growing up her fringe was crooked & reached the back of her head ( apparently not a good look ) ...... :haha:

Comment

The Irish Post - It's only a matter of time 🙈 | Facebook

Comment

:hahaha: yep
                      I've sent that on to her !!

Comment

Well you are braver than I am, but I get highlights. Might try one of those root toucher uppers, like eyeshadow. Although, whats the point, Im going no where..
                        YEa I knew the UK started later than us, but thought they told the over 70s to stay indoors for 12 weeks?
                        [MENTION=11158]stirly-girly[/MENTION], Ozark. Its brill.
                        Last edited by IamMary; April 2, 2020, 05:19 PM.
                        AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Originally posted by IamMary View Post
                          Well you are braver than I am, but I get highlights. Might try one of those root touch uppers, like eyeshadow. Although, whats the point, Im going no where..
                          YEa I knew the UK starter later than us, but thought they told the over 70s to stay indoors for 12 weeks?
                          [MENTION=11158]stirly-girly[/MENTION], Ozark. Its brill.
                          OH YEAH I think you are right.
                          Ozark : Mers is it really very good ? Heard a lot about it....
                          Save Me Too - all episodes are now on Sky

Mers you're still young - when ladies get older sometimes all we've got going for us is the gruaig .... :haha:
                          Last edited by satz123; April 2, 2020, 05:23 PM.

Comment

Evening ladies, spoke to a real live person in the flesh today, 2 meters apart through the hedge, ended up being 3 then 4 as he told me how he had been self isolating for the past 14 days in the basement having come back from India early. I hate to say it but when the virus hits the 3rd world the horrible figures we are seeing now maybe seem a drop in the ocean. I so hope I am wrong here.
                            Anyway enough with the negativity, I had a couple of online yoga classes with my regular teacher this week via zoom, a new departure for her and the rest of the class. Still it’s nice to feel part of the group in real time, even if we are not in the same room. I am very happy in my own company as you probably know but still can’t escape the fact we humans are sociable animals all the same. I am counting my blessings in having a large area out side to play in. There is something that feels very real and in some ways timeless about getting down on the ground and feeling the earth between your fingers. Seeds planted in the potting shed and greenhouse this week, the spuds were planted out today, the first green shoots of garlic are up and the rhubarb looks like I may have to try some very soon. All in all small things but things that bring me pleasure and helps me to feel grounded in such a crazy time, we should grateful for any small rays of light trying to break through the fog. I fear we may need to look hard as this present time may of lock down prove to seem an eternity till we reach normality again, whatever that actually was/is.
                            Keep safe all.
                            Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                              No they're not - they were late taking it seriously with Boris's bumbling - but look at the numbers now. It's only the tip of the iceberg I'd say.
                              With a population of over 66 million are bad are at nearly 3000 deaths ........I'll wake up yo that news tomorrow.....we are squashed on a tiny island. Far, far less than countries like Spain or Italy.

Our lockdown is pretty fierce. Only allowed out for exercise, walk the dog or shop.....(or as we call it in this house 'date night').........the only shops open are supermarkets and pharmacies and the one person in............one person out. Over 70s are being looked after.

Saying that I could puke every time Mr JC goes out or Jenny has to go into school.

Boris might be buffoon but he's listening to his scientists and experts and letting them speak.
                              It could be worse, I could be filing.
                              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Good morning all. Sorry some are feeling stressed. It is a very anxious time. I know this country isnt doing well but I cannot imagine how hard it must be trying to govern the country through this crisis and trying to balance everything so that people dont die/the country can still function. I was never a Boris fan initially but I have certainly warmed to him during this crisis and feel that he is doing the best they can. Yes will probably get shot down for that but it is how I feel. Mr S has been given key worker status so has to go out to work each day which is a worry as I am isolated but we are trying hard to ensure neither of us contracts it by keeping apart/hand washing and disinfecting everything even the shopping and post as it comes in. My friend keeps telling me she is drinking rum when I contact her at 5pm. I am so grateful that we are not scrabbling around for alcohol or pills at this time. Mr S is on day 30 today and is in such a good place mentailly even though working hard and very tired. He speaks to our neighbour who is in AA daily and he counsels him which is great. Mr S says that has made the difference to him. My roots are shocking and I am dreading the first video conference which I know is coming very soon! Stay safe folks x

Comment

Working...
                                X