International Army April 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

International Army April 2020

Pinch punch and all that jazz................

It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Re: International Army April 2020

Good for you, [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION] for getting us started. Never thought when I posted on the other thread that we needed a new thread for the new month!! Here's hoping in spite of what is going on, that it will be a good and safe month for all!!!
    For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
    AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

[MENTION=11158]stirly-girly[/MENTION]................I have a Black Labrador calendar and get excited about turning the page...............how sad is that

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]...........I can see where your mna who survived WW2 is coming from..........my Nan had two boys overseas, a husband up a watch tower during the blitz and six daughters to look out for and dress............btw they weren't Catholics just careless protestants.
      Just as my MIL was a nurse during it..........albeit fairly junior. She;s sitting with cupboards loads of bog roll and goodies.

Btw I'll do you a :welldone::welldone: on the doorstep tonight.........the neighbours might join in.

I will always pronounse ennui........................en-you.eye.............especially as it drives Mr JC round the twist.Such fun.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
        [MENTION=11158]
        I will always pronounse ennui........................en-you.eye.............especially as it drives Mr JC round the twist.Such fun.
        Well you could pronounce it on-oo-eeeee just to add a French touch to it and annoy him even more.... :smile:

Comment

Thanks for starting us off JC, don’t know what day of the week it is never mind the date. Did my walk and the body scan so feeling much better. We have much to be thankful for, comfortable homes, technology to keep us connected, it is a wonderful time of year, just hearing the birds singing cheered me up this morning. Just heard of a local hardware company doing deliveries if you order and pay online. Going to check it out. All these companies need our support.

Comment

A healthy and safe April everyone. I have a feeling of ennui so I'm going to bed to watch Grace and Frankie.
            See you on the flip side chickens.
            I :love: isolation.
            If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
            Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

[MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION]..............its Wednesday.............Thursday when Bridgeeeeeeeee wakes up.

Two little squeals of delight...............they're delivering from the garden centre. :welldone:

And they're showing NCIS from the first episode on Saturday :love:

Simple pleasures

I'm going back to my enweeeee.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Jackie, I have a pig calendar and I love changing the months too haha! Hope everyone in the Army stay safe and healthy, I have ennui myself, now off to Google how to say it properly, much love from across the pond!
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Posted on the wrong page!!!

Comment

[MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION].......got my time machine and brought you back to the future.

Originally posted by brit View Post
                    On wee it is! Mr A not been too good yesterday and this morning. Hoping to sort out his medication for him
                    Local council just rung him to see whether he needed any help or support for example shopping for food and medication. He replied that he is fine I have my wife here.
                    I grabbed the phone off him and explained as his carer aged 73 I cannot shop etc. We are both on a 12 week lockdown due to his cancer treatment

Most assertive I have ever been.

Me and Satz!!!
                    You rock :goodjob: no ennui with yous two.
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by paulywogg View Post
                      Jackie, I have a pig calendar and I love changing the months too haha! Hope everyone in the Army stay safe and healthy, I have ennui myself, now off to Google how to say it properly, much love from across the pond!
                      I love pigs as well. I've many piggy pictures, piggy banks and a piggy footstool.:heartbeat:

Stay safe over there...........promise :heartbeat:
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Good morning Ladies of the Army!! (and to any gent who may be :moonwalkK:

A lovely day here - sunny with some fluffy clouds and a wee bit chilly! Seems to me there is less traffic than yesterday. Hopefully more people are adhering to the rules.

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post
                        A healthy and safe April everyone. I have a feeling of ennui so I'm going to bed to watch Grace and Frankie.
                        See you on the flip side chickens.
                        I :love: isolation.
                        Grace and Frankie is one of the funnies series I have ever seen. What I love is how those two talented ladies play off of each other and also that so many older people have starring roles. Something for our generation!!
                        Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                        I love pigs as well. I've many piggy pictures, piggy banks and a piggy footstool.:heartbeat:

Stay safe over there...........promise :heartbeat:
                        My ex-SIL collected piggy things. She had bloody everything you could imagine in piglets. Far as I know, she still collects them. Funny enough she has a bit of a Miss Piggy face - you know, round and turned up nose. Darling girl and one of the most positive people I have ever met.

Any recommendations for series on Netflix? I've watched some really good ones so far - Unbelievable, Broadchurch, Bloodline, the Fall, Retribution, Feed the Beast and Paranoid. Really liked both Bloodline and Feed the beast. Kept me waiting for the next episode. Also some films one of which stood out - Caliber. Mostly Scottish actors, filmed in Scotland.

Okay - back to the phones - catch up with youz laterz....

Comment

[MENTION=11158]stirly-girly[/MENTION].............thanks got starting us off today......thought I might be book-ending.
                          Wish we had your weather is freezing and it blowing a fierce gale. So I wouldn't have been going out anyway even on an ordinary day.
                          People who buy me pressies can't go wrong with buying me either labrador related or pig related.
                          Dunno what Bridgeeeeee thought of the soup but I thought it was horrible.............ended up opening a tin of ravioli.

Dyed my hair yesterday and today will cut my fringe.
                          We ordered a mound of plants from the garden centre

New things I didn't know...........my MIL was a WREN during WW2 before she took up nursing. You learb something new every day
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Afternoon everyone. Watching Netflix and it is only 3 pm.

Comment

Afternoon everyone. Thank God for Netflix Brit. Hope Mr B doing ok. I am watching the English Game, same writer wrote Downton. Only just started it. Watched Self Made before that which was short but ok.

Walked the doggies this morning and then did the grocery shop. Think I’ll put the feet up now and do some crochet and maybe Netflix. How is everyone doing?

Comment

Working...
                              X