Abbers April~5th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Abbers April~5th

mae all how are you today then?good I hope .its 7.45 am..well thats when I started this ...it is now 1435 ..in the meantime Ive done the fencing down the side of the house planted some seedlings watered the garden ...but today I def need a rest .Ive got this lingering cough which is bugging me .It is gorgeous weather out there today..lovely and warm..rabbits are loving this ...so is the fox sunbathing in the field !

the fox .....

20200408_103906.jpg

20200408_134941.jpg

20200408_144046.jpg

found out this morning ..Amys boyfriends boss passed away early hours with it ....and yet people are still flouting the guidelines..I really dont get it...a few weeks to save your life and everyone elses ..is it such a lot to askfrom these dimwitz

yep Lav ..the ole dude is feeling it a tad today ...your brain might kid your body ..but in the end the body wins ..stay safe ..and again we may be different countries nationalities etc ...but thank you for making the masks .this isnt a your or mine or their problem ..its an our one

hi tg ...hows hubby doing ? things getting better ? Ive no idea in time on these things ...for me taking time is about an hour max!stay safe big hugs .

hi pauly you ok ? stay focussed my friend ..Are you growing tomatoes this year ?

hi Sam ..stay safe buddy ..

Det where is ya?

hiya ppqpq ..hows you then? still got snow and the helicopter ?Back is ok..its just this lousy coff..yep you stay in and warm .

oh and lastly folks ......

92571224_3105857449444723_3277994932379320320_n.jpg

Staff at St Thomas' have reported Boris Johnson is looking bloated, sweaty, generally disheveled and talking incoherently. A Spokesperson said..
    "It's encouraging to see him look like his old self again."

This time last year we were all looking forward to leaving the EU.

Now I'm just looking foward to just leaving the fcking house.

Trump says take drug chloroquine for coronavirus because you have nothing to lose.

And if it causes blinding headaches, vision loss and agonising cramps, throw it in your swimming pool to purify the water.

I was in the countryside and, feeling a bit peckish, I decided to have a Ploughman's lunch.

He didn't notice as he was miles away on his tractor.

"It was 10 years ago, today."

"What was?"

"The 8th. of April, 2010."
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

heya cats n kitties, sorry to be a tad down but that's just how I am today.
      girly had a huge blowout last night threatening to run away and screaming the most gut-wrenching things at her mum that
      I really don't care to relate. I had nightmares last night and am seriously looking at moving out as I'm fearful that girly will levy some
      kind of fabricated legal claim against me. she's that manipulative and short-sighted. scary to realize that a 14yo girl has that kind of legal force
      when weilded with immorality. my apologies again, this isn't fun and I'm not sure what to do. Her mum and I will be talking more this eve
      when she gets off work. I care so much for the both of them and my poor heart is quaking.

be well loves
      nosce te ipsum
      (Know Thyself)

Comment

Good evening Abbers,
        a
        Det, I am so sorry to hear this.
        Unfortunately 14 yr old girls can do a lot of harm (legally speaking). It might just be wise to step out for a while, at least until she gets her violent mood swings under control. You don’t want to become a victim, you don’t deserve that. Take good care of yourself please :hug:

Mick, I hope you are resting easy tonight. Your body doesn’t heal if it’s under Continuous stress.
        Even YB announced today that he told his Amish customers no more rides until this virus is better contained. He feels that their community is not taking this situation serious enough despite all the articles he’s given them to read. Maybe with no one to drive them around they’ll start getting a little more serious.

Sam, we saw John Prine perform with Bonnie Raitt many moons ago in Philly. Sad to see he’s gone. Take care of yourself too!

Hi Pauly, hope you are well! Hi PQ, same to you.

Have a nice night everyone.,
        Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae everybody, never heard of John Pine, was sad when Bill Withers died, his "Lovely day" song always makes me happy Det, one of my brothers was married to a lady with two young daughters for a pretty long time, the oldest was always a little brat and she made sexual abuse claims against him, nothing came of it but he did move out and later they divorced, I don't trust these little girls cuz I know what bitches they can be cuz I treated my dad like trash for YEARS when I was a teenager! It's just that age, hormones are raging, she probably feels like she's not getting her mom's attention (even if she is) I also think a bit of jealousy is thrown into the mix, I dunno but be on guard and please protect yourself! Mick, love the pics Lav, we keep getting lots of Costco calls on instacart and they pay great but no way am I standing in that line! Plus I like stores that aren't so huge, it's quicker, PQ, do you have any Easter plans? Cyn, how's hubs? How are you feeling? Hi Sam, woke up early as crazy this morning, think I took my iron pills too late yesterday and it wired me who knows, much love to all and wishes for a great BF Thursday!
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

hiya all ...how are we today then?hope everyone is doing good .Last night I didnt feel so great ,so got a doctors appointment by phone this morning .turns out Ive got secondary bronchitis ..see even the illnesses I get are second hand!!! so Im now on antibiotics 3 times a day ..and yep Ive got to stay in ..but guess what......my dance card wasnt too full anyways ......my social calendar is a doodle page!
            Today has been an enforced and I mean enforced day of doing nothing ...every time I go to do something madam is like ..and what are you doing..Ive drunk more cawfee than enough .

wasgoingto say brew time but I will sack it ..

hiya pauly hows you then today? hope all is well with you n yours .Easter plans ? dont know eggsactly where I will be ...might go for a day out to the greenhouse..

hiya Det ..tough call mate ..for me though there is one or two questions I would ask myself ..do you enjoy being with this lady and sharing life .do you regret or have any doubts about her |?answer them and you will know what to do ..
            Pauly has nailed it ..the daughter is jealous of the attention ...dot forget she has been the only one to get her mums affection and attention..then you come along and its all of a sudden got to be shared ..take into that a teenage girl with 2000 parent would still be stroppy and a pain.As for the accusations ...ok you walk away now ...whats to stop her saying you already had dome something ..the mere fact you walked could be construed by some as corroborative
            Get your piece of paper ..draw a line down the middle aplus sign on one side the other a minus.. then write down all the positive reasons for staying ..and the other all the negative ones ..no one is going to see it so you can be as honest and brutal as you want and as lateral.Once you have exhausted that ..dont just say thats it ..give it a coupla days for more ideas ..then look at the list ..a pretty good indicator for you my friend .
            If you stay you need a plan ..if you go you need a plan so dont be hasty ..remember what you have got versus what you had .You want to talk in pm? feel free mate .

hiya Lav hows you doing then? ok I hope ..good for yb ...family first ...All my seeds came today so itsdef a busy weekend ...you stay safe

teegee hows things with you? hows hubby .x

pppq ..you ok ? have you still got the snow?and the croupier hat????take care x

right folks thats me will try n put some jokes up later ,,my brain is a bit addled!

take care all

At the Curvy Brides Boutique - on TV:

"We can do the alterations, love. 400 pounds?"

"That's a lot of money."

"Money? I was trying to gauge your weight."

My son's school is going over the top with distance learning, now.

They've started to dish out online detentions.

A man has been jailed for killing his partner by throwing his phone at her throat.

In hindsight she probably should’ve taken his threats to ring her neck a little more seriously.

I asked my next door neighbour why he had number thirty four painted on his bin when he lived at number eight,

"It's so the binmen will leave it near my house after they have emptied it, " he replied.

I don't know how much longer I can keep getting out of bed at the crack of 5:30pm.

Does the 10 mile queue into the Supermarket count as your daily exercise ?

A word of warning when eating sweetcorn, it doesn't digest in the stomach very quickly.
            I've just sneezed and farted at the same time and shot the dog.

What do you call a teacher who’s always late?
            Mister Bus.

My sister works for British Gas.
            Do you wanna meter?

What’s the opposite of rose tinted glasses.

Skeptikals.

What did the blanket say when it fell off the bed?

Oh sheet!
            Last edited by Mick; April 9, 2020, 11:47 AM.
            af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

MAE ALL...apparently my post didn't stick yesterday.

Det...sorry to hear about what's going on with you, that sucks. I don't have any advice but agree with Mick, take your time and make a plan.:hug:

Lav...didn't even think of the Amish people. YB definitely has his priorities right. Seems these days the world just gets smaller. It sure hits home when someone you know gets sick.

Pauly...no Easter plans here. Used to get together with my brother and his family but that's not happening. Hope you have a good day.

Mick...was going to comment on your lingering cough, so glad you got it checked out. Anything to do with the lungs just freaks me out right now. You be a good boy and listen to Julie. Had to take my hat off yesterday and actually do some work. LOL Conference call with the boss confirms that he's in agreement to allow the community garden to open. I am now working with the garden executive to devise new policies and procedures for this growing season. We are still blanketed in snow with more on it's way this weekend. You take care of yourself.

Got to get some more work done before my bridge game starts. Have a good day all...:smile:PPQP
              Last edited by porqoui; April 9, 2020, 01:04 PM.

Comment

Good evening folks!

Windy as crazy here but no actual storm yet, weird.
                I did goto the local hospital today to pick up my face mask kit. At some point they want me to return with 40-50 masks!!! Guess I’ll be busy for some time to come

Mick, I know that bronchial cough, my daughter had quite a few episodes as a kid. You be extra careful if you do have to go out & wear a mask!!!
                In adulthood my daughter developed allergy related asthma & that was the primary reason she decided to put her job on hold during the pandemic. You have to protect your lungs & heart at all costs!
                Take all of your antibiotic & behave yourself :hug:

PQ, sorry to hear about your Easter snow, ugh.
                Easter is a non-event here this year, keeping everyone apart a while longer especially when you hear there are over 1000 new cases in this state every single day.
                I picked up nice chocolate bunnies & will just drop them off for the boys this weekend.

Pauly, I think we were possibly listening to John Prine before you were born, haha!
                I wouldn’t stand in a long line to shop for myself let alone for someone else, can’t blame you. I like smaller markets myself.

Cyn, thinking of you always :hug:

Det, I know you’re working hard & I am happy for your success. Keep your eyes & ears open & stay safe, OK?

Sam, hello to you!

Wishing everyone a nice night!
                Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Hey kids - short one tonight, I am bushed...

Mick! Listen to Julie and stop working! Holy cow, man, please rest and get better!

Det, gosh, so sorry for all the stress. I have no clue what to do - you just uptake carebofmyourslef as best you can!

Pauly, agree in the Costco run - stay in and safe!

PPQ, so it will be gardens, good!

Lav, glad YB will be staying away from those folks... irresponsible,e of them. I have been thinking about your years nursing and then coming home to kids and parents under the same roof... you must have never quit working any day!! Amazing... I salute you!

Sam, sorry about the loss of John Prince...

No more to report at the moment... things are hopefully stable, he is coughing more and sleeping during the day more, not something I had hoped to see. Still messing up words - our doc confirmed that C-19 targets the brain, just like the lungs and the kidneys, probably other organ systems too... scary. I just read some interesting stuff about using blue light in the morning... I think I'll invest in one of the lights and give it a try. Neuro-regenerative...

A beautiful,spring out there.. try to enjoy a bit of it!

Comment

Mae everybody, Mick you be especially careful if you go out somewhere, compromised lungs is not good, glad it's just bronchitis and not anything worse, do as Lav says PQ, glad you get to work on the garden still whenever the snow melts, that's something at least, Cyn, I'm sure hubs' body is just still healing and he needs that rest, I think alot of sickness messes with brains while we have it, think about how dumb I've felt when sick, kinda spacey and weird, or a depressed feeling, hope he recovers fully from it all, my guinea pig had 4 babies yesterday but one didn't make it they're so cute though I'm in love! Much love to all and wishes for a great BF whatever day it is
                    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

hiya all...how are we today then?good I hope ...teegee hows hubby?is he getting better?Its fantastic out there today...no doubt we will have our share of people that decide the guidelinesdont apply to them.Cleaned the rabbit hutch out this morning ,did a bit in the garden planted some marigold petunia pansy and carrot seeds up ...and thats about it ...feeling really tired ..keep nodding off !think thats doing nuffink thats done that.I know its a bit crap in the current situation ...but wishing you all a peaceful and healthy Easter

Comment

heya Zombiebusters near and far!

not feeling super at all, feels like weight on my chest so I know laying low and checking temp is the thing to do. the stores are totally out of vit C wow!
                        so far I'm under temp...whatever that means.

girly has been at her friends despite my judgement because she made such a disastrous scene that her mom conceded. we do have some ideas as to some new
                        ways to proceed and have been furiously sharing notes on the subject. nobody gets a training manual for this crap...we just find ourselves here and that's it.
                        thanks all so much for the encouragement and warnings. all the support is appreciated.

did manage to do my one shoot yesterday even though I didn't feel great. it was empty which is good. but it was ugly and it was raining and I felt like crap....ugh
                        ok now I'm whining.

Mick, a 2nd hand infection? that's pretty funny. let me see if I can paste in a terrible comic someone sent me by text this morn.

I did a silly youtube video tribute to our friends struggling in Italy (if I haven't already mentioned it). I really had fun making it and it illustrates the family I wish we really had.
                        sigh... it's misleading but perhaps I shall keep it up as a beacon to strive for. yes, I'll do that. I don't want to paste the live link here but if you go to youtube and type in
                        #laculturanonsiferma We love you Italy!
                        it should be there with me holding a bowl of pasta we made from scratch.

Mick, cleaning the rabbits? I thought you were on strict orders to take it easy mate!

Tree, that's interesting about the neurological effects of c19 and yes blue light in the morning for those that can't
                        get outside is a very good idea. I really like and have read multiple times the book 'the brains way of healing' by Dr Norman Doidge.
                        it's all about novel therapies for neurogenesis and neuroplasticity.

some fascinating rumors about California breaking away from the union. wow. we'll see. saw that on bloomberg.com

ok, must conceive of some kind of simple dinner plan. I think it will be the 3 of us again after a couple nights as 2. wish me luck

be well loves
                        nosce te ipsum
                        (Know Thyself)

Comment

Hello all - just a quick pop in - watching hubs closely, thought there were heart issues this morning, but turns out (hopefully) pleurisy - got him on Advil and turned up,the oxygen - doctor's orders after tlelconference. This virus is the gift that keeps on giving.

Love to everybody - Mick, aren't you supposed to be laying low? This is really no time to be pushing the envelope... maybe someone named Julie already mentioned that?

DET!!! Pay close attention to what is going on with you - fromwhat you write, this does not sound good. Forget about everybody else... take time to notice yourself... please promise - if you get winded at all - go to the ER, don't wait!You like science, sohere's the thing - the virus is so evil it has figured out how to strip the iron off of the red blood cells - so that's what is endangering you, besides being short of breath. Now we have seen hubs' numbers, we see that he was far sicker than either of us knew. A few more hours and he would have been in the ICU... please, please take care!!!

Sending love and light to all - be careful Det...

Comment

hang in there Treegirl! you are a great nurse. yes I'm taking this seriously, no fever at all, I'm still under temp and don't know that that means. checked with 2 thermometers.
                            in our city I'm not to got in until certain symptoms are clear. belive me my Darlene is on me like a hawk.

didn't even think of this. people using masks as disguises to do evil things. thankfully this homeowner had the skills and tools to survive this

Doorbell video captures violent Illinois home invasion which left coronavirus mask-wearing suspect dead | Fox News
                            nosce te ipsum
                            (Know Thyself)

Comment

Greetings Abbers,

All this crazy wind has brought winter right back! We have wind chills, snow flurries & a freeze warning up for overnight. Where did spring go? I have my older grandson here today & overnight. His mother & brother had to go back to NJ to check on her Dad. Everything seems to be OK.
                              Did some sewing this afternoon & have to get back to it now to finish a few things for pick up tomorrow. Never thought I’d be this busy in retirement.

Mick, I hope you are following orders to rest & take good care of yourself. Yuo don’t want to get Nurse Lav riled up, do you??

Cyn, I am so sorry your husband is still struggling.
                              With all the coughing he’s been doing I wouldn’t be surprised if he had some costochrondritis symptoms & Advil is the best thing. My daughter used to get it after a bout of bronchitis & I know it’s painful & scary. I hope tomorrow brings a big improvement for the both of you. Take care :hug:
                              Btw - you are perfectly right in that i never really had a day off in my life, haha!

Det, I hope everything is OK with you as well. Keep an eye on symptoms & call for help if needed. No one is really safe in this world of virus.
                              Now would be a good time for the teen to sit down & shut up ~ just saying

Pauly, Congrats on the new babies. Did you actually know they were coming?
                              Are you going to find homes for them?
                              Meant to mention to you that you will adjust to wearing the mask, just takes time. Keep telling yourself that it’s for your own good. Imagine what it feels like to wear one for a 12-16 hr shift like the healthcare workers are doing.

Hello to PQ & hello to Sam!

Have a nice night all!
                              Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

TG...wow you sure have been through it. I hope things start turning around soon.

Pauly...congrats on the new arrivals, they'll make a great distraction for you.

Det...when I told my doctor that it felt like an elephant had just gotten off my chest she sent me for heart tests. You pay attention to what's going on and listen to Darlene. Well done on the you tube video your pasta looks delicious.

Mick...we've had snow off and on all day, a real dreary looking day. I think it helps keep people indoors. They closed the town of Banff to non-residents this weekend. They didn't want everyone heading to the mountains this long weekend. Listen to your body, rest is probably the best thing for you.

Lav...I can tell you I didn't take your spring. LOL Nice that you could have your grandson as long as everyone is healthy. Not sure what your restrictions are but that wouldn't happen here. I spent the day working on the plan to get the garden open and then realized it was Good Friday so stopped. I don't work on Stat Holidays. LOL

No fancy cooking here tonight just tacos. Have a good night all...:smile:PPQP

Comment

Working...
                                X