Abbers April~5th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Abbers April~5th

Mae everybody, figure I'd start us off cuz I need SOMETHING to do might cross post with one of you so if I do disregard this, Det sounds like allergies, I have those exact same things going on, fatigue, runny nose and my throat feels dry? Or something, Mick wish I was one of your bunnies and oblivious to all of this, my old manager text us last night saying she has "inside info" that they're gonna close all stores for 2 weeks so get what we need, it upset Kell soooo bad and she started crying, I told her not to listen to that paranoid freak and blocked her texts/calls I don't need her adding fuel to this fire! Anyhoo much love to all and wishes for a great BF Sunday
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Re: Abbers April~5th

wow pauly ..well done to you!congrats and fankz on starting the post .Lovely day over here today ....unfortunately its brought all the muppets out too ..to the extent that they are talking about banning exercise outside in the open .the beaches and parks are packed with idiots.personally I dont give a shit about them if they want to take that chance crack on ..its the result of their activity that is the cost ..spreading it to others ,the risk to the nursing staff who no doubt would have to mend these assholes..perhaps the Indian method of enforcement would work here .
    Yep pauly Im staying away from the news in the main.I think the media provide an excellent hysteria and hype service ..Ithink there is something to be said about balancing freedom of the press against control of it!
    been in the garden today moving things tidying things etc.Apart from that going to sit and read .

take care all
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

afternoon all,
      Pauly, thanks for the start up,
      Mick, been watching the news but only so much. Unfortunately we have a "fearless leader" who says real news is fake and his BS is the truth. Frankly I'd like to see one time when he berates a reporter for all of them to stand up together and leave.

here's a putty cat we've adopted, he showed up in October. He appears to have adapted.
      IMG_2081.jpg

be well folks
      Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Greetings everyone!

Pauly, thanks for the startup & please DO NOT listen to rumors. There’s no way in hell our access to food is going to be cut off, that’s just ridiculous. I feel sad that grocery store workers have to be exposed to everyone but so do so many other workers, medical, fire & law enforcement & many others. We have been ordered to wear a mask if/when we leave our house here in PA. I think the entire country should be doing that, honestly. Stay positive, keep baking

Mick, I pray for the hospital workers all day long. They are already weary & this shit is not nearly done yet.
        Maybe we will have to think-of the Indian method here at some point too!!!!

Sam, that is big BIG cat, wow!!!! I guess he’s pretty much taken control of everything by now, haha!!!

Det, saw your post from last night. Glad you’re feeling better & good luck with the upcoming photoshoot this week.
        YB was yelling at the dog this morning so I went outside to see what was going on. Matilda was standing in the middle of his raised bed full of garlic & eating the cow manure he had recently spread on top, LOL. Dogs are so gross, haha!!!

Cyn, I hope you guys are doing well today. Thing of you!

PQ, hope you are doing well. How’s the melting going on?

Time to go close up the chickens, haave a good night all!
        Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

MAE ALL...

Pauly....been a long time since you started the thread. Well done. We could never disregard you. LOL Hate to tell you but all our salons have been closed for a week now.

Mick...hope you had a relaxing day reading. Time to shut the rest of the world out for awhile.

Sam...I would like to see the press do that too. Wow, was looking for a little kitten in that pic till I realized what I was looking at. LOL

Lav...it's tough for the medical staff all over but what's happening in the states is unreal. I really do consider them heroes. I'm glad to see that some of the states are implementing their own restrictions in spite of the idiot.

Det...it'll be good for you to get out and do a shoot. Hope it goes good.

Cyn...hope the both of you are over the worse and are doing ok.

I don't know where the day went. Got my son to hook me up directly to the modem so my internet is just whizzing along now. He also said how can you work with this mouse and when I tried the new one he gave me I was amazed. So that's my IT work done. It's cold and gloomy outside so watched extreme house makeovers this morning till I had enough of crying. LOL It's incredible what they do for some families. Popped out to restock some supplies and the stores were almost empty of people. Very nice and relaxed. Got home to find an online bridge game had been started and they were waiting for me. Then spent an hour clearing off a table full of junk and here I am taking a breather before making dinner.

Have a good night all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae everybody, Sam nice cat we took Louie on Saturday to the animal shelter and there were only 2 cats left and he picked an orange one and named him Ruffles cuz he's the same color as Lou's favorite chips haha, he's not fixed yet cuz I guess they said they can't do it with this virus stuff going on? Anyway they'll hafta take him back later to get him snipped, PQ, good you got all hooked up in the electronic field, these kids are whizzes with all that, Lav, my puppy Spencer sat there right in front of me and ate a fresh tortoise turd! Ugh I let him kiss me on the lips and he does that???? Gross! Mick, sounds like you're keeping busy, people are social creatures so this feels like hell to some(me) so I really don't judge too much but I know what you're saying, much love to all and wishes for a great BF Monday!
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

hiya all ..how are we today then?hope all is well.a ton of stone arrived today ..currently sitting on the drive,but to be moved by moi to the back garden..also finished the little drystone wall...yep keeping busy ..hope everyone is well.
              af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

MAE ALL...

Pauly...when you said Ruffles I immediately knew what you were referring to. LOL Hoping you have a good day.

Mick...now I'm nervous about your back. You pass yourself.

Been a busy morning for me, what's with that! Answering work emails and setting up phone meetings for things we need to deal with. I know the community garden is not a high priority for the boss but it is for me and want definitive answers. That'll happen on Wednesday. Bridge table just popped up so I'm off to play cards. Have a safe day all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Greetings Abbers,

Turtle turds Pauly???? HA HA LOL
                  Sorry but that may be even grosser than my dog’s snacks, haha!!!

We got in the truck & went to Costco in DE even though we’re not supposed to be crossing state lines. That store is ‘closer’ to us than the one in PA. We passed tons of State troopers but they didn’t bat an eye.
                  Loaded up the back seat of the truck with a ton of stuff so I’m happy. Stopped to drop off a birthday gift for the younger grandson, 9 years old today & he was thrilled.
                  Making piles of face masks & they will all find a home I’m sure.

Cyn, thinking about you & hope everything is OK.

PQ, I ask my older grandson when I have a computer question, LOL
                  Sorry we had your share of the sunshine here I think. Keep on enjoying those card games. Any money being tossed into a hat at these games just to make it interesting?

Mick, I sure hope you are in one piece after moving all that stone. You should have help for a project that big!
                  I heard BJ is in ICU today buthe’s alert so obviously not on a vent.

I was contacted by someone today at the hospital where I last worked. My answer was a strong NO!!!! There’s no wayI am dragging this 66 1/2 year old body back into service, no way!

Hello to Det & Sam, hope you are both well.
                  Have a nice night all.

Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

morning all,
                    heading in to do some deed work this morning. I had to make an appointment, only a few are allowed at a time. wonder if this is the new norm?
                    Pauly, the things I've seen dogs eat is pretty disgusting, calf manure seems to be the favorite, except when deer hunting season is on. Rolling in it also seems a favorite pastime!
                    Mick, sounding like you're on roll, still have your greenhouse?
                    PQ, my folks were big bridge players, a game I never learned. never too late??
                    Lav, yeah, I'd have a hard time going back to work after being retired and under the current conditions it would make it less than desirable.
                    TG, hope all is better your way

have a great day everyone
                    Last edited by Samstone; April 7, 2020, 07:05 AM.
                    Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Mae all -

Sounds like things ar chugging along for all - Mick, watch out -you remember I used to be a bush-whacker, I know how easy it is to do too much!!! Sam, that's quite the kitty - she/he is lucky to have found such a good home. PPQ, keep visualizing gardens! That sounds like the way to cope with all this early spring snow! Det, are taking your temp occasionally? A fierce headache was my initial symptom for the virus... just a caution - enjoy your shoot today! - but we watchful of how you are feeling. Lav, how is your son? When he goes back to work will he have good PPE? I really worry about the first responders. Also your friend in the nursing home? How is she? So glad you got the a Costco run out of the way, good idea, now you can stay home in the country. Pauly, I need to find you on IG -you too Det! Can't remember my user name, but will let all know... tho I hardly ever post there. Pauly, I think our pets are letting us know what they think,about this situation... there's always something about poo that is going on here - yesterday my pup (old) did an entire poop all the way across about 9 feet of floor and carpet... I think I got his message!!!

Things are OK here - I am pretending that I know how to handle bathing, shaving and washing up a 170-lb man! Going OK so far. The worry now is that he is a little daft, substituting words and can't remember some others... NY times has reported brain issues with this damn virus... i'm hoping it is oxygen related and nothing else (he takes the O2 off and then forgets to put it back on again in the night... so the beat goes on,

Wishing all a healthy day and please try to find happiness in at least a few moments. And turn off the TV! Light and health to all

Comment

hi all how are we doing then|? all good I hope ..was up early doors this morning ...wall built stone laid job done..It took me just over 2 hours to put the gravel down ..thats to move it from the front drive via a bucket to theback and put it down ..it looks good ..and hopefully when it floods here it wont be as bad ,,as it will be above the ground level. It is gorgeous over here..Julie has had to go into work to pick up a lap top that they have finally soreted out.
                        Yes Sam still got the greenhouse mate ,Im waiting for a load of seeds to arrive so that I can grow them on.
                        hope everyone else is well..stay safe and take care

20200407_150947.jpg
                        Last edited by Mick; April 7, 2020, 09:16 AM.

Comment

MAE ALL...

Lav...nice job on the costco run, one thing you don't have to think about for awhile. We have now been advised by our Chief Medical Officer that the wearing of masks is another measure we can take to protect those around us if physical distancing isn't possible. She did caution that while wearing one you tend to touch your face more, adjusting it. A new company, costume design & manufacturing, has tweaked their business and is now compiling sewing kits to make surgical gowns. They send the kits out to sewers and the gowns are then donated to homeless shelter staff. What a great idea. I'm pretty good at all this IT stuff except when it comes to hardware/software my boys have installed. They are computer geeks and will do anything to work around microsoft software. Good job on the NO WAY response to returning to the job.

Sam...I thought I was reading TG's post and was wondering what deed work she needed to do for her business. LOL I wonder if it is the new norm if it will actually be better. It's never too late to learn how to play bridge. It is recommended you don't partner with your mate as divorces have known to materialize. LOL

TG...got a feeling visualizing gardens is as close as we're going to get to a growing season here. We have more snow heading in for the Easter Long Weekend. Funny, long weekends just don't mean the same right now. This is the first time I've heard of brain issues with this virus. I do remember my brother in law was on oxygen and experienced the same thing so hopefully that's it. Sounds like you're coping but it's got to be exhausting. You take care of yourself.

Mick...nice job on the wall and gravel relocating, it looks great and I hope it helps with the flooding. Glad to hear there was no reference to back pain. It is white over here. LOL Temps have warmed up with a bit of a chinook blowing through right now. Going to be short lived as we're back to cold temps and snow this weekend. Easier to stay put that way I guess.

Det...if you've got some spare time, Mick needs a couple of these Tshirts. det.jpg

Off to put the kettle on and make breakfast. Will be back later....:smile:PPQP
                          Last edited by porqoui; April 7, 2020, 09:51 AM.

Comment

Greetings Abbers,

‘Twas a nice day in the neighborhood, sun, high 60’s. Rain predicted the rest of the week so we don’t get too accustomed to nice weather, haha!
                            I have 1 more mask to stitch up tonight for pick up tomorrow. Then I guess I’ll just start on another batch of them. My DIL presented me with two big bags of fabric from her Mom’s stash which was nice.
                            Everyone seems OK , my son returned to work yesterday & the rest are doing fine. Hope it stays that way.

Sam, there’s probably only 1 or 2 people manning the courthouses these days so everyone’s waiting their turn.
                            I am so focused on the present I can’t seem to be able to make any plans for the future, beyond this week anyway.

Cyn, sorry to hear your husband has some lingering effects going on. His O2 sat is OK most of the time? Sometimes just being hospitalized disorients people. But they usually rebound on their own. Maybe you can try giving him small tasks to do & see how he responds. Like ‘brush your teeth & call me when you’re done’. Set up his shaving equipment & tell him to do the best he can & you’ll be right back. That’s how we motivate people in rehab so they get back to doing their personal care on their own. It’s tiring looking after another grown person, I know. Take care of you too :heart:

Mick, the pic looks great & I hope you have solved the flooding issue. That’s a lot of work for an old dude, LOL
                            Any plans for future detecting days or is that on hold too?

PQ, sorry about the white outside your windows. Did anyone tell the weather people that Easter is coming in just a few days? Haha.
                            I just had to teach YB about mask wearing - they always ride up on your face & the best thing to do is pull them down slightly so they rest under your chin & adjust from that area if necessary. That way you’re keeping your hands away from your eyes & nose. I had a bit of a nightmare concerning that message from the hospital wanting me to retu`rn. I told them NO because my grandsons just lost one grandmother & they can’t lose another so soon!!!!! I guess that’s why I had no problem refusing their request without a moment’s thought

Hello Det & Pauly!

Have a nice night all!
                            Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

sad day, John Prine passed away.

John Prine - "Sam Stone" - Live from Sessions at West 54th - YouTube
                              Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Working...
                              X