1 month

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1 month

1 month ago today I was hungover and regretting drinking the night before. The final straw was when I nearly fell asleep at a memorial service for a tenant that had passed away. I could not believe that I almost fell asleep and was still mad at myself for drinking the night before even though I had promised to stay sober. I should not have gone to that party but I went anyways.

But now a month into my quit and life is better. I do not feel the obsession of having my next drink. Yes I have cravings and urges to drink but I know that with time they will die down. Course its easy now to say no since all the liquor stores are closed and no al is being sold, but I know that once this is all over I will not be drinking. I love the sober life way more then a few hours of a drunk life before it turns to crap and I waste the next day hungover/trying to stay awake because I got poor sleep due to the alcohol.

Thank you everyone who helped me to be where I am today. A special thanks goes out to [MENTION=7678]abc[/MENTION]cowboy that has always believed in me and [MENTION=8356]Lavande[/MENTION] and to everyone who has helped me to get to this point again. This time, I won't cave in.
    I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Re: 1 month

Good for you Alison :hug:
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Congratulations, Drifty! I am not on this forum very often, but I'm glad to check in here and see your progress.
      Protect Your Quit. It is yours, no matter what tomorrow brings.
      There is nothing better than waking up, fog free, and ready to look forward. Hugs. :heartbeat:
      "God didn't give you the Strength to get back on your feet
      so that you can run back to the same thing that knocked you down."
      :hug:

Comment

Gr8 job Drifty!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Go girl!
          You never again need to feel like you did that day. Never. What a freedom is that?
          If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
          Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

1 month is good

Comment

Working...
            X