Super Sober Sunday Shout Out 12th April (Easter Sunday) 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Super Sober Sunday Shout Out 12th April (Easter Sunday) 2020

I was honored when [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION] asked me if I would be willing to do the Shout Out thread this week and I of course was more than willing! So without further delay

I'd like to see a big SUPER SHOUTY OUTY SUNDAY from members who have been here a while, those just starting out again or those just starting out for the very first time.........don't forget to shout LOUD AND PROUD.....

Don't be shy and give it a try...........remember each and everyone one of us here started with a day one!!!!

SHOUT IT LOUD AND SHOUT IT PROUD. STAY STRONG AND KEEP THINKING POSITIVE ONE AND ALL. LET'S GIVE OUR BEST TOGETHER

By using the time and date app........ you'll know whether you've a roundy number or not a roundy number..........Date Duration Calculator: Days Between Dates

For me (Sunday) it will be 1916 days from the start date to the end date, end date included, or 5 years, 2 months, and 30 days including the end date.
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Re: Super Sober Sunday Shout Out 12th April (Easter Sunday) 2020

2484 without an alcoholic drink.
    6 years, 9 months, 20 days inkele:

Do I miss it - honestly no.
    Do I wish I could drink like a normie - yes. But I cannot even imagine what that is like ..... I drank for the effect only.
    Not because I wanted to sip & enjoy a glass of wine.
    Not because appreciated the bouquet etc of that wine .. I bought the strongest I could find & didn't care how it tasted.

Not because I wanted a cool beer on a hot day.
    Sparkling water with ice quenches the thirst better than beer .....
    Nope the pints of beer were to get drunk.

So folks the truth is at the end I would have drank anything - because the main aim was to get the effect of the alcohol.

HAPPY EASTER 2020

Comment

2324 days or 6 years 4 months and 11 days.

Happy easter everyone. I hope you have a lovely day with those around you.

satz, so well said. I went for the percentage of al, not the taste. Six bottles of wine from Aldi for $10 was so not classy, nor was thinking they would last me a week when they lasted me two days, maybe 3 if i pushed. I love my cup of tea or coffee now and i love not waking with a hangover, the GSR's and wishing i was dead. As crazy as the world is right now, i am grateful to be alive.
      AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Happy Easter Sunday everyone
        Day 8 here and loving life.. Autumn weather is so beautiful.
        Hope you are all doing well and having a great day.
        Fics

Comment

Happy Easter to everyone celebrating today. Next week for us here in Greece!
          Day 1647 for Stirly!! Yay me!! And everyone else who is sober today. Each sober day is a step in the right direction. We rock!!!:spin:

Originally posted by fickle View Post
          Fics
          Great to see you back, Ficks and huge congrats on Day 8. Soon into the double digits!! Well done!
          For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
          AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Another sober locked down week here.

Comment

Totally agree Satz and Ava.. a bottle with 12% alcohol was not worth buying. Had to switch to white as the stained and strained face was not as obvious the next day:egad:.
              Good riddance... 1730 days ago.
              Last edited by IamMary; April 12, 2020, 05:45 AM.
              AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

2635 days of being able to look myself in the mirror

Comment

90 weeks!

I adore the 2020 chocolate Easter bunny, [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]! That’s so funny, but true!
                  Last edited by Slo; April 12, 2020, 07:34 AM.
                  Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Originally posted by stirly-girly View Post
                    Next week for us here in Greece!
                    everyone else who is sober today. Each sober day is a step in the right direction. We rock!!!:spin:

[/COLOR]
                    Two things to say to you Ms stirly-girly:

1 ) I LOVE GREECE - and hope by September we can still get to Assos.
                    2 ) We certainly do rock!!!:spin:

Anyone reading here who wishes to try sobriety - no matter how long it takes - no matter how scary the prospect seems : remember everyone on this thread started Day 1.
                    Maybe got there in fits and starts (me) but got there in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by fickle View Post
                      Fics
                      :applause2: Well done you !!

Comment

Originally posted by NoSugar View Post
                        2635 days of being able to look myself in the mirror
                        Able to look [MENTION=18725]NoSugar[/MENTION] - wanting to is another thing :haha:

Comment

Shouting out 2323 days or 6 years 4 months and 10 days.

Congratulations everyone!

xo

Comment

Shouting Out (1722 days)!!! Satz said it very well - I certainly never drank for the taste.....always for the effect.
                            "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

[MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION].........you a love. Thank you for getting us started..

3933 days

It is 3933 days from the start date to the end date, end date included. or 10 years, 9 months, 6 days including the end date.

:heartbeat:
                              It could be worse, I could be filing.
                              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                              X