X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

April 12th

MAE ALL....

TG...copying your post over here....

Mae all - Happy Easter!!' I had to look at the calendar to be sure - these days seem so disorganized.

Det, so glad you have a partner watching you - absolutely crucial! Sorry to sound so hysterical when I last posted... jus PTSD I guess, and realizing now how close we were to a really dangerous situation. Take care and cook on!

Mick, what's up sir? Sounds like you are down for the count... I hope you can settle that restless spirit and HEAL. Sending best wishes your way.

PPQ - sounds like you are sequestered and safe! Good news... making up food plans in this situation is challenging, right? Fortunately, hubs is being a very good eater and not too picky!

Lav, I think you just got used to working all the time! How are your Easter plans? Virtual family? I am so sorry to hear about your son - how can they expect humans to do that...? Sheesh.

PPQ! I hope that your little pieces of new life will bring you joy. Are you keeping them, or are they going to delight someone else? Any Easter egg coloring going on there? I hope you have a good day.

Hello to Sam, I hope spring is beautiful there -

Wishing everyone a pretty spring day - cheers - for

TG...I thought it was Monday LOL. Sounds like things are going as well as they can. You take care of yourself.

Wishing everyone a HAPPY EASTER and I'll check back in a little bit....:smile:PPQP

Re: April 12th

hi all ,,,Happy Easter to you allhow are we today then?hope all is well with everyone ..yesterday banjoed me bigtime ...feeling a lot better today ...throat isnt sore ,not as tired ,and got a lot more energy ..havent done a lot at all today ..in fact nothing ...watched telly ,but at the same time did my steps on the fitbit .nowt strenuous.been a lovely day here,but its raining now

treacle ...nope..... knocked down I ll take out for the count nah.. Im up again..how are you both doing ? stay safe

Lav ...hows you today then?hope all is well..2 back to backs ..ouch!bit heavy that if he got a serious shout .you take care

hi ppqp how areyou today?have you still got winter wonderland there?stay safe .

hiya pauly ,sam ,det anyone else take care andstay safe

The biggest mistake I have made so far this year was to buy a fcking 2020 diary

I said to my wife, "I'm certainly glad to see all this isn't getting you down for Easter this year, and you're in your usual spirits."

She just responded with a loud belch as she demolished the last of the hundred or so Cadbury eggs.

I rushed into the clinic today and said to the nurse, "It's an emergency! A scorpion stung me in the park!"

"Come closer, sir," she said, "Alright, where?"

I said, "I've just f*cking told you, in the park."

I don't know why anyone would ever want a pocket calculator..

It's really easy to count how many pockets I've got.

Q) What do you call a man with a map on his head?

A) Miles.

Q) What did the Mexican say to his chicken?

A) Oh-lay!

Just got a birthday card, opened it and rice went everywhere!!

It was from Uncle Ben!

Q) What's the worst vegetable to bring on a boat?

A) A Leek.

Q) What's brown and runs around a field?

A) A Fence.

've decided to marry a pencil.
    I can't wait to introduce my parents to my bride 2B.

I just passed a whole field of sheep on the bus today..

No idea what they were doing on a bus though.

I used to be a freelance journalist, but I wasn't very good at it

Lance is still in prison.

Q) When is the best time to dive into a swimming pool?

A) When there's water in it.

92588045_2834400229942907_5020340749208649728_n.png

92812247_10222391584842229_8719418170823147520_n.jpg
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Happy Easter Abbers,

Not a bad day, just an unusual one especially for a holiday. We’re all doing what we have to do so that’s good.
      I’m worried about #45 wanting to ‘reopen’ the country too soon. Some people can be so dumb & fall for his BS, not me! I’ll go out when I feel it’s good & safe, not a moment before. It’s painful to read the stories about nurses & doctors being reprimanded & even fired for speaking out about having to work without proper PPE. What a shitshow courtesy of #45.

Mick, so glad you are feeling better today. You had me a bit worried yesterday. Don’t push yourself too hard, remember healing from anything gets harder as we age.

Cyn, my son ended up doing 1 1/2 shifts not the full 2. I was happy to see him here by 9 pm last night to pick up his kid & dog. They were both behaving very well but I like to see my kid get to spend some time with his kid
      Sounds like you have everything under control, yay!

Hello to PQ, hope your day was good & snowless. I have a friend in Minnesota & he said last night they were to get 6-8” today, oh boy.

Pauly. Det, Sam, Pie hope you all had a good day!

Haven’t taken my walk yet, there’s still an hour before it starts to get dark so I guess I’ll go now.
      Have a nice night everyone!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...banjoed me, very descriptive wording so had to look that up...glad your'e feeling better!!! I know it's tough for you to sit still.... Still a winter wonderland with flurries off and on all day. Did get some bright sunshine so that was nice till I noticed all the dust in house. LOL

Lav...I really hope that wiser minds prevail with wanting to reopen but it's slowly happening elsewhere. Your son and grandson spending time together...silver lining?

Went all out and cooked a prime rib roast with all the fixings. Easter and my son's birthday. He was given news today that a friend of the group passed away this morning. Not from covid, she had gone into the hospital earlier this week with complications to her ovarian cancer. Needless to say plans changed. I'm just hoping he can get some sleep tonight. Wishing the same for all of you....:smile:PPQP

Comment

hello all..firstly thanks to all that took the time and concern over me .Im ok ,still a cough ,but its more of a clearing cough than a deep seated cough with all the accompaniments ...if you get my drift..In the dim and distant past I had pneumonia pretty bad ..I thought it was abit of a cold till (here we go ppqp)it absolutely banjoed me and took me to hospital...the antibiotics absolutely floored my immune system and left it pretty weak for a while ..so I had shades of that going through my head .anyways Im ok now or at least well on the way to being fixed.so thanks .plus the fact we havent got that choice to go out ..its the choice as opposed to anything else!Did a bit more on the trains today ..Was a hooley blowing all night ,but its lovely now.....

hiya Lav glad your lad got off the double shift ..even so back to back is rubbish ..I remember as a baby screw doing 5 7 and 10 day stretches ..all on overtime pay ..that was the incentive...and no doubt you did the same! stay safe and look after you n yours

hiya pauly ..how are you?hope things arent too difficult for you at them moment ...look after yourself and yours .

hi ppqp...you ok?hope so..did you get any sleep?rib eh? good for you stay safe

teegee hows hubby ?and you ..stay positive with your tea!

listen folks keep yourself safe...

With the lockdown on, the school's insisting that parents conduct the online lessons and my wife has been helping our son with his history class with hilarious results.

She said, "And Columbus was sent across the ocean by Ferdinand and Imelda."

My son asked, "How did they get money to pay for the voyage ?"

"It didn't say in the lesson, but Imelda probably sold several hundred pairs of her shoes."

Following on from the government advice last week that the taxpayers would pay 80% of the pay for those in full time employment, Liverpool has estimated that this could cost the taxpayer nearly £200 a week

BREAKING NEWS:-

Donald Trump anounces that from Tuesday, due to his great, truly great genius, as there will be no new confirmed cases of coronavirus, everyone can go back to work and America will be open.

Oh, almost forgot..as from Tuesday he's also outlawing testing.

Italian tenor Andrea Bocelli performed a solo Easter concert from an empty Milan Cathedral streamed live to millions of people around the world in coronavirus lockdown.

He was told.

93081109_3449374268422917_3455106829476954112_n.jpg

92959937_3449373951756282_7211636598385934336_n.jpg

92692735_3449375325089478_6650741043786416128_n.jpg
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...yes, we all managed to get some sleep last night. Son was chatting online for awhile, laughing and crying, so it sounds like the group got together. I'm sure that helped a lot but he'd rather have had and given hugs to everyone. That will come. Glad you're doing better, you sound it. It was a quiet day here, just what I needed.

Looked up how to reheat a rib roast last night before putting it away and glad I did. Supposed to leave it uncut and reheat slowly (30 min) in a 300 degree oven, so off to get things started again. Hope everyone is doing ok....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Greetings friends,

We’ve had tons of rain & wind today but the tornado watch had me on my toes. It expired at 6 pm so that’s a relief!
              Spent most of my day cutting & sewing masks for the hospital. They want them asap!!! Doing my best

Mick, happy you’re on the mend!
              I know you’ll find things to fill your day until it’s safe to go out again. I never get bored, always find something to do.
              You may have to build an addition onto your house to house your trains though, LOL

PQ, sorry about your son’s friend, that’s sad! I hope his group keep supporting one another, that’s great!
              Sounds like you’re still in wintery weather mode, sorry about that too!

Cyn, saw your FB posts today, sounds like things are good. I am happy about that

Pauly & Det, where are yo guys? OK I hope.

Hi Sam & anyone stopping by.

Hope everyone has a decent night. Time for me to tuck the chickens in for the night.

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Hi Lav...

Good to see your post, I've been thinking of you after I saw the tornadoes on the news. What more is going to be thrown our way! It was bright and sunny today but the wind sure had a bite to it. They haven't made wearing a mask outside mandatory yet but when they do I may need your help. You can't find one anywhere right now and I don't have a sewing machine. Hope your weather improves and that you guys are safe....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae all -
                  PPQ, thanks for moving my post - when I posted, I didn't see the new thread, and I don't know how to start a new thread, so I just posted and thought I would move it later.. you did it for me, thanks! Sorry for your snow... my MN friends and even NE family are dealing with it too! What a bizarre time we are having.

Lav, bless you for doing the masks... I have friends and a family member sending some here, but they haven't arrived yet - so many things stuck in the mail! Even the dog's pain meds that got dropped off by UPS at a local PO over a week ago and haven't shown up. Why did they do that? Just deliver it for heaven's sake! Glad the tornado skipped you - a huge tree came down here just outside our apartment window... glad there is the dog walking area there that have us distance. Stay safe! I know you will do your best. Talking to the doc this AM... I got a pulse-oxi App (it works) and ordered a Fitbit for hubs which came yesterday, so I set it up. Very useful information... I am concerned about his heart, as he was given the malaria drug protocol (the protocol where they just stopped the trial?!) Seems like his resting heart rate is high... and jumped out of sight when hubs took o2 off for 1 minute. I gave the doc all the info, we'll see. I think I will drive today to get the portable o2 so we are mobile if tests are needed....

Mick, hmmm, I was very concerned - it sounded like you were headed in a bad direction. Good that things are looking up! Let's keep it that way! Funnies: The dogs comment on the mask is particularly hilarious!!! And the 'things said' list - that was adorable too. Thanks always for the laughs.

Det, how is it going?

Pauly - miss you girl, I hope you are doing OK... how are the fur babies?

PPQ - wow, what a holiday dinner, good job! Sorry to hear about your son's loss... glad that he can still talk to his group, that's something.

Hello Sam and all others...

Despite the storm and downed trees, spring is still coming along - with lots of light - cheers to all -

Comment

hello all...hw are we today then?hope all is well with everyone ?Ive still got a bit of a I need to clear my throat cough if you can call it that ,temperature is 35.2..no pains no nuffink .I awoke this morning ..alovely morning out there ...so I got up and went for a walk ..In the back garden the width of the garden a good few times ...nothing strenuous just a lovely bimble backwards and forwards ..watching the morning come in listening to the birds and all the other sounds ....of silence..it is and was really enjoyable ...switch off and walk .did acouple of other little jobs ..no major stuff ..and then guess what .....the new dyson arrived ...so my highlight was putting a hoover together!!!how the mighty fall!and guess what ....the rabbits are happy with their new box to play in!

hiya treacle ..yep I thought it was going a bit pear shaped but thank goodness no ..hows your hubby doing?hope he is getting better ..Ive had a range of fitbits ...and I still prefer the original one Fitbit zip ...simple uncomplicated ..just how I like it .you take care .

hi Lav ..you ok?yep you must be a mind reader ...I bought another one last saturday!thats me on 12 now..a couple of them Im going to trade on though...glad the typhoon passed over ok...well done on the masks .staysafe

pauly you ok? I hope so .

hiya ppqp ..hope all is well in the far flung reaches of outer canadia .people in manchester have been wearing masks for years ..usually accompanied by a weapon of choice and a getaway car..oh and a big bag marked loot!!same goes ..stay safe

well to all the rest..

dont flout the lockdown,dont be a fool ,
                    stay at home ..now thats real cool,
                    who knows the week or month it will lend
                    lets all save the life of an unknown friend

Diane Abbott is suing Tesco for putting her signature on their hot cross buns without prior consent.
                    More as we get it...

I wish I was a key worker.

I love my job coning off Motorway lanes.

Does anyone know how to cancel a bid on E-Bay?

I put in a $7 bid for a "Mickey Mouse Outfit", and now it seems I'm only nineteen minutes away from owning Trump, his entire Cabinet, and both houses of Congress.

A guy is sitting in a bar, absolutely drooling at a pretty young thing in her short, pink mini-dress. Using the time-honored icebreaker, he sends her a drink.

"How lucky am I," he thinks, as she gets up to come sit next to him. They strike up a wonderful conversation.

Finally the girl turns to him and says, "Look, you seem like a really nice guy, so I have to tell you that I'm a working girl. I get two hundred dollars for what you think you'll ply out of me with liquor."

He replies, "I have no problem with the money but, since you were so straight forward I must tell you that when I come, I go nuts. I bite, scratch, kick, punch, pull hair, break furniture and just plain destroy the place."

"Oh my God! How long does that last" she asked?

"Just until I get my two hundred bucks back," he replied

My wife and I walked past a swanky new restaurant last night.

"Did you smell that food, it smelt incredible" she said?

Being the nice guy I am, I thought "Darn it, I'll treat her"!

So we walked past it again...

I've been watching that show 'Cash in the Attic' and it gave me some real inspiration.

I've been upstairs, brought a load of stuff down, flogged it on eBay and made a fortune.

The old biddy in the flat above me isn't too happy, though...

An old man promised his wife that he'd take her to see something she wanted to see instead of the usual action-adventure movie for their anniversary, since they rarely went anywhere together. She picked the theatre and the night.

When the show started, he was delighted to find out it was one of those newfangled 3D things. While the movie didn't have any car chases or explosions, he was impressed by how lifelike it all seemed and how everything seemed to move back and forth in front of him. He told his wife that as they were walking back to their car.

She looked at him strangely. "Darling," she said, "we were watching a play. I think it's time to get you new glasses again".

this is fantastic ..well worth watching !!

Miniatur Wunderland OFFICIAL VIDEO - world?s largest model railway | railroad - YouTube
                    Last edited by Mick; April 14, 2020, 03:57 PM.

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

Sewing all day makes your eyes weary & your skeleton stiff, haha! Took a dinner break & now need to get right back to my machine. I can’t keep up with all the requests although I am trying

PQ, it seems to worst of yesterday’s storm kind of hugged the coastline doing a lot of damage there. I know we were lucky here!
                      I will put you on my mask list for a few, just in case. The USPS is working slower than ever & so is UPS & FedEx. I guess they are just extra busy right now.

Cyn, I’m sorry to hear your husband is still struggling. I wonder at what point you can get him in to see a pulmonologist for a good workup. I’m hearing & reading about a lot of side effects r/t the Quinolone Tx, darn. Hang in there, OK? :hug:

Mick, I laughed at the rabbits playing in a new box, My grandsons do the same thing when they’re here, Haha!
                      Glad you are on the mend, no fun being sick.
                      We got word that there was a possible Coronavirus death in the Amish community. Apparently the county coroner got wind of it too & snatched the body right from the viewing. They tried to hide the fact that the deceased likely had the virus & they got caught!!! This is why YB told them no more rides until at least the end of the month, possibly longer. They still aren’t getting the message sadly.

Hello to Pauly, Det, Sam & anyone else stopping by later.
                      Have a nice night all.

Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

morning all,
                        a quick check in to see how everyone is doing....
                        quite the rain last night. looks like we're going to have a great tick coming up. Already picking a few off me.

rushing to work. later
                        Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Mae everybody, Mick glad you're feeling better Sam, it's been raining alot here lately too(for Vegas) PQ, how's things? Used leftover turkey for soup yesterday and today I'm attempting a ham(leftover) and potatoes and cheese casserole of some sort, just gonna try to toss it all together and see what happens I don't wanna throw any food out like I used to when I was tired of it how's your son? Lav, Lb made us some cute masks mine has donuts in it but I think I'm gonna rig a string to tie it in the back cuz my ears seem to not be sturdy enough to keep any mask on and it keeps flopping off on one side so I get pissed and take it off! Cyn love that you're more active on fb lately, it's fun, how's hubs? Hope Det is doing ok too, delivered to a huge mansion on Monday up in the Henderson hills, was looking at the area on Google and the place is for sale for nearly $14 million! Has a bowling alley, basketball court (indoor) tennis court, theatre, etc must be nice sheesh! Yesterday I was getting a package and both dogs ran out, Winslow came back but Spencer didn't, we drove around 4 times to see him and I took off on foot to look but nothing I think someone snagged him cuz he's friendly and cute, I'm very sad, I'll check the shelter today but I read that they're only doing emergency calls so I don't think animal control caught him but I'll check, sorry for the book I wrote! Much love to all and wishes for a great BF this day
                          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

hiya all..how are we today then all good I hope ..Ihave put a post up for flossie ,al ot of you will /mayknow her from the past on here .She is a very special friend to me .Im not going into her personal life ,save to say she is one very brave lady.
                            weather over here is good ..feel ok ...sad but ok health wise ..still coughing but hey get on with it

Pauly ..any news yet?hope you get Spencer back .let us know soon as you do?big hug to you

a big hello to everyone else ,will see if I can find some jokes.

93648765_2849054331846986_4390894699066425344_n.jpg
                            Last edited by Mick; April 15, 2020, 03:28 PM.

Comment

MAE ALL...

Lav...don't wear yourself out, sounds like a full time job with mandatory overtime. Thanks for thinking of me with the masks and make sure I'm at the absolute bottom of your list. I sure hope YB sticks to his guns and doesn't interact with the Amish. I just don't understand why some people still don't get it. I'm glad the storms stayed south of you, I wasn't so lucky. Woke up to another winter wonderland and it is still snowing.

Sam...I can't believe your dealing with ticks already. You keep yourself safe.

Pauly...sometimes just tossing everything together turns out better than any recipe, not in my case though. LOL My son seems to be doing better, I'm glad he's got his group of friends to lean on, Mom's can only do so much. So sorry to her about Spencer, you don't need that right now. I hope things work out and you get him back.

Mick...what a nice thing to do for Flossie. I didn't know her, she was before my time or on threads I didn't frequent. Glad you're feeling better, I got a chuckle out of picturing you walking forward and backward in your yard. I can also just picture the peskies in the box. It would be like watching kids at Christmas. Not sure I want to open my email program this morning, work is starting to interfere with my bridge games. LOL

TG...thinking of you and hope things are going better.

Det...also thinking of you and hope you haven't done anything drastic. You deserve some happiness in your life.

Hoping this snow lets up soon. I am determined to get out and walk every day. I have to figure out a new routine to keep my mental health on track. Hope we all have a good day....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Working...
                              X