Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: April 12th

MAE ALL...

Lav...I got turtlenecks, sending some your way. LOL It's trying to rain/snow this morning but should move out to sunshine this afternoon. Our temps age going up to 63F next week, should bring out all the crazies. Me, staying put.

TG...tired is acceptable as long as everything is ok. Hope you got a peaceful sleep.

Pauly...I'm so glad I'm not in charge of any of this shit also. I think a lot of talk about reopening is just that, talk. Everybody's getting antsy. I'm glad to hear you texted your friend, regardless of her response I'm sure you felt better for reaching out. What she does with it is up to her. You're the bigger person. Hope you have a great Saturday.

Shout out to the rest of the gang, will check on you all later....:smile:PPQP

Comment

hiya all...well how are you all doing then?goodI hope ..well must confess didnt feel too great yesterday...just coughing etc no tem por nuffink ..its def bronchitis..but I didnt realise that exercise can actually do you harm as opposed to heal..ooops so my 12 miles bimbling up and down the garden maybe wasnt such a good idea..nor using spray paint or other irritants..result? Im banned from doing anything till next saturday..I managed about an hour this morning before getting my ear bent..I was splitting plants in the garden ..oh I know its a serious ,its just my bum wasnt made to sit down on all day.I bought a loco that wasnt working properly ..stripped it down and fixed it..result
      here is a pic of the station with the mill near where I live before i was converted into tramways ...

1204330.jpg

unnamed.jpg

and here is the engine I fixed with my loose interpretation of it coming past the mill and signal bridge into the station .

20200417_141350.jpg

hiya pauly ...thanks very much for the character reference...twas very nice of you .looking at all the governors in all the states,not many of them want to do as trump says ..yep theres lots of home schooling going on ..its funny the couple next door to me own a gym but its shut down so they are now doing it all on line .You take care girl.

hiya teegee hows you both then\?all getting better I hope .stay safe ...no making benches out of trees!

hiya Lav ...hows you then?ok I hope...did you get a walk in ? can you do one for me too please ?The remark on your post about putting up a missing poster ..reminded me of when trish and hubby met up with us in Dublin ..on a poster we saw this .....

Screenshot_20200418-173557_Gallery.jpg

stay safe .

hiya ppqp ..and hows you then today?all ok hopefully.you take care if you go int owork ..

hya sam det and everyone else...

Despite being in lockdown with the wife and kids, the government will be delighted that I'm spending money to boost the economy.

I've started smoking again and local drug dealers are working overtime for me.

Donald Trump on Tuesday at his daily coronavirus news conference rattled off an extensive list of leaders across many industries who he said will be tasked with helping restart the U.S. economy.

Included on that list was UFC president Dana White – “the great Dana White,” Trump said – and WWE CEO Vince McMahon, whom Trump also singled out as “great.”

Coming up next; Trump signs an executive order telling farmers to water their crops with Gatorade.

A policeman knocked on my door, showed me a picture of the wife and said, ''I'm afraid it looks like she's been hit by a bus.''

''I know,'' I replied, ''but she's good with the kids.''

I think now would be a pretty good time for 'ELVIS' to make his comeback.

No one would be able to get close enough to tell if they saw him in Tescos or ADSA.
      Or down the chip shop for that matter.

A few years ago, while I was part of a drug study.

I suffered an accidental placebo overdose.

I nearly died from a severe lack of symptoms.

A pedestrian stepped off the curb to cross the street and a car suddenly came screaming around the corner and headed straight for him. He started to run, trying to get out of the way but the car changed lanes and was still coming at him.

He turned around to go back to the curb but the car changed lanes again and was heading right for him. As the car approached, the man became so frightened that he froze and stopped in the middle of the road.

At the last possible moment, the car swerved and screeched to a halt right beside him.

The window rolled down and he was amazed to see that the driver was a large squirrel!

The squirrel looked him up and down and said, "See, it's not as easy as it looks, is it"?

My girlfriend thinks that I'm a stalker. Well, she's not exactly my girlfriend yet.

Went for my routine check up today and everything seemed to be going fine until he stuck his index finger up my butt!
      Do you think I should change dentists?

A wife says to her husband, "You're always pushing me around and talking behind my back."
      He says, "What do you expect? You're in a wheel chair."

I was explaining to my wife last night that when you die you get reincarnated but must come back as a different creature. She said she would like to come back as a cow.
      I said, "You're obviously not listening."

Today My Doctor asked Me

...what I did yesterday, I told him about my all about my day:

"Well, yesterday afternoon, I waded across the edge of a lake, escaped from a mountain lion in the heavy brush, marched up and down a mountain, stood in a patch of poison ivy, crawled out of quicksand, and jumped away from an aggressive rattlesnake",

Inspired by my story, the doctor said, "You must be an awesome outdoors-man"!

"No", I replied, "I'm just a crap golfer".

The huge college freshman decided to try out for the football team.

"Can you tackle" asked the coach?

"Watch this" said the freshman and then proceeded to run smack into a telephone pole, shattering it to splinters.

"Wow" said the coach. "I'm impressed. Can you run"?

"Of course I can run" said the freshman. He was off like a shot, and, in just over nine seconds, he had run a hundred yard dash.

"Great" enthused the coach! "But can you pass a football"?

The freshman hesitated for a few seconds. "Well, sir" he said, "if I can swallow it, I can probably pass it".

Late one Friday night, a policeman spotted a man driving very erratically through the streets. He pulled the man over and asked him if he had been drinking that evening.

"Yes, I have. It's Friday, you know, so me and the lads stopped by the pub where I had six or seven pints. And then there was something called 'Happy Hour' and they served these margaritas which are quite good. I had four or five of those. Then I had to drive my friend Mike home and of course I had to go in for a couple of beers - couldn't be rude, you know. Then I stopped on the way home to get another bottle for later..." he said while fumbling around in his coat until he located his bottle of whiskey, which he then held up for inspection.

The officer sighed, and said, "Sir, I'm afraid I'll need you to step out of the car and take a breathalyzer test."

Indignantly, the drunk exclaimed, "Why? Don't you believe me?!"
      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Good evening friends,

Chilly here today but otherwise not bad. I think Spring has left the premises haha!
        Tried to get a little sewing done but my grandson had other ideas. He’s had 2 spontaneous nosebleeds today, ugh. I know he does this from time to time but I don’t know why. His parents have never had a doc look into this & that bothers me a bit. Otherwise we’re OK here.

Cyn, I hope you slept well last night & plan to agin tonight!

Pauly, glad you reached out to your friend. It’s not your fault she lacks in the empathy department, some people just do & they won’t change.
        Any word on Spenser today? I feel bad that he’s gone missing.

Mick, so you got into trouble today - not surprised a bit, LOL
        Like you I cannot sit still & do nothing, that drives me nuts. If you’re coughing after exerting yourself you definitely nest to rest yourself. If Julie can tie a few good knots she can lasso you to a chair for your own good. Your train work looks like the real thing, nice

PQ, I keep hearing the second wave of the virus is going to be bad so we had better prepare ourselves mentally for a longer quarantine than originally thought. I’m not going anywhere either.
        My granddaughter’s first week of summer girl scout camp was cancelled & they are waiting to see if it’s safe to open later on in the summer.

Hello to Det & Sam!

Have a nice night everyone!
        Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae all ,

Not much to report... progress is slow here... not sure if other things are going on, we'll see...

Wishing all well - hope you have warmer temps everyone... places feel so cold right now.... wonderful train work, Mick. Please feel better Pauly, the poster idea might work - so sorry. PPQ,good luck if you have to go into work... Lav, keep on! Det and Sam best wishes... sorry I am so tired!! Will try to get caught up overnight - good luck all --
          Cheers for a good night...

Comment

Working...
          X