Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Abbers April something ()~2020

MAE ALL...

Mick...glad you're feeling better. Yup, I think we're in this for the long haul. I had a totally different picture of your palm tree in my mind. This looks ace, well done. How big will it get? How did you manage to break the casing on your PC? A little too energetic while hoovering?

Pauly...how frustrating! I'm impressed you still made dinner and just didn't pick something up on the way home. I caught part of a news item saying the mayor(?) wanted to open up and everyone could be considered guinea pigs, see how things go. All I thought was what??? did I hear that right? Geeze. It's rotisserie chicken tonight. I managed to venture outside for the first time in a week.

Pi...DD3 almost done onto DD4, you can do it!!! Glad it hasn't sucked too much, I remember some of mine. One day at a time.

Det...glad the crushing weight is starting to lift. I consider 41/2 hrs straight sleep a bonus for me. I usually manage 3 hrs and with luck can get another 3 in before having to start my day. Isn't it funny how things come to you when you quit thinking about them. Wish it worked all the time. LOL

Lav...it's just starting to spit here but it's not going to last. We may get a thunderstorm tonight, yay, I like those.

Didn't go into work today but did work from home. My boss is an ass, he sent an online meeting request and I had no idea what he was talking about. A heads up on what he was trying to do would have been nice. Finally figured it out and all he had to say was the same thing he had said last time we talked on the phone. What a waste of time. Appetite is back so must get dinner started. Stay safe and stay well all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

good morning all....a lovely morning here ,in hometown .a little bit of an ache from yesterdays bimble ,but in a good way .cough is (touch wood )going day by day.and the associated aches etc .the government line over here is the social distancing etc will be in place for a good time to come possibly into next winter ..however they are opening shops up slowly..they also said ...listen to this one ..they arent telling people to wear face masks because they cannot guarantee them ,however you are encouraged to wear a scarf around your face to protect yourself ..also there was a massive shipment of ppe came into the uk 2 days ago .....from China..but because the government are so wrapped up in bureaucracy and couldnt get a contract worked out ..whilst they were busy scratching their arses ..its been onflown to Italy!The good news is there are trials going on in oxford (uk) of a vaccine they may have found one which may be if successful be available in september the first yoomans have been given the vaccine yesterday. we shall see.
      Im still not drinking coffee ..Im a proper tea jenny now!whether its done /doing me any good I dont know but hey .

ok lets get on ....

hiya teegee how are you today?hope all is well .I know you are busy ....just to say we are thinking of you ...

hiya pie ...you ok?hows the dogs btw ..stay safe n sober ..big hugz.

hiya det ...glad things are settling down ...yep its a tightrope to walk at times but stick in it will be worth it mate .as for the downer ..well done for dealing with it as you did ...Jack Daniels and Jim Beam never helped anybody!

hiya Lav..what kinda life are you up to here ? an embroidery business ,kid minding scheme ,dog walking ,yb looking after service .face mask making and now your own little polski sklep!!!good for you ..has the rain eased yet?

hiya sam hows you mate ? hows the mendingand fixing going?any good at computer lids ?Ive got some gaffa tape around it .!take it eazeee friend n stay safe .

hiya pauly how are you today then?feeling any better? hope so ..did you get the shopping sorted out eventually? take care

hiya ppqp how are you today then?hope all is well despite the lunatic boss ...friday ..cards out day!!!

and finally ..my mate sent me this ..just thought I would share it ...

WE ARE NOT IN THE SAME BOAT ...
      I heard that we are all in the same boat, but it's not like that. We are sailing in the same storm, but not in the same boat. Your ship could be shipwrecked and mine might not be. Or vice versa.

For some, quarantine is optimal. A moment of reflection, of re-connection, easy in flip flops, with a cocktail or coffee. For others, this is a desperate financial & family crisis.

For some that live alone they're facing endless loneliness. While for others it is peace, rest & time with their mother, father, sons & daughters.

Some are bringing in extra money with endless overtime, Others are working more hours for less money due to pay cuts or loss in sales. Others no longer have a job.

Some families of 4 will receive £5000 per month from the stimulus while other families of 4 will see £0 for the duration of it.

Some were concerned about getting a certain chocolate for Easter while others were concerned if there would be enough bread, milk and eggs for the weekend.

Some want to go back to work because they don't qualify for unemployment and are running out of money. Others want to kill those who break the quarantine and are seen outside.

Some are home spending 2-3 hours/day helping their child with online schooling while others are spending 2-3 hours/day to educate their children on top of a 10-12 hour workday.

Some have experienced the near death of the virus, some have already lost someone from it and some are not sure if their loved ones are going to make it. Others don't believe this is a big deal.

Some have faith and expect miracles during this 2020. Others say the worst is yet to come.

So, friends, we are not in the same boat. We are going through a time when our perceptions and needs are completely different.

Each of us will emerge, in our own way, from this storm. It is very important to see beyond what is seen at first glance. Not just looking, actually seeing.

We are all on different ships during this storm experiencing a very different journey so don't judge others by what's happening in your boat, we are all just fighting our way through the storm.
      Good luck to you all and we'll see you in the calm
      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

morning all, good post there Mick, thanks.

I was amazed that I read a disclaimer from Lysol not to invest their products after Nitwit pondered its possibility as a cure. Of course folks being immediately inventive came up with this:

thumbnail_IMG_2809.jpg
        Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

72 hours done and dusted. Now to move on from getting quit, to staying quit. I really want a 90 day supply of Antabuse, but there’s a shortage in the US. Ordered online from Mumbai, but India is on lockdown, so nothing is shipping out. Maybe a blessing in disguise, as being on AB would prevent me from using hand sanitizer.

Mick, seriously no coffee?

Lav, if you get an appointment with Pauly for a haircut, I’d like to tag along.

PQ, you’re working from home? Are you doing Zoom?

Pauly & Det, good thing LV mayor isn’t paid for her entertainment value. Nearly fell off the sofa when I saw her interview.

Sam, yep gonna hold off on ingesting disinfectant for now.

Greetings to you, Tree.

Off to tackle day 4.

Comment

Mae everybody, Sam I thought the same yesterday when in the daily briefings that isopropyl alcohol and bleach kill c-vid on surfaces in seconds to minutes and imagine some asshole will try drinkin it just how some people think, pic was funny haha, Mick, love that most people here still haven't got unemployment! Don't even know when we'll be back up and running, PQ, made my chicken and cheese flautas yesterday but it was hard keeping the tortillas sealed while frying them, they turned out good, Lav, poor dog haha, I don't blame you for not wanting to see what she eats this time Pie, hope you're feeling good, the last time I drank I was so done with it my withdrawal was easier thank goodness, Det, keep your head up friend, you do sound better, I've gotta look for the Italian dish pic, I feel melancholy over all this luckily it comes and goes like bad weather, I wish there was less negative, untrue rumors swirling around too, the one "friend" I was sad about her not keeping in touch is the worst for it! First she sent national guard was gonna lock us down, then she sent grocery stores would close, last night she sent there's a good shortage and to stock up, grrrr, I'm gonna send the fact check article I found! Anyhoo have a fabulous BF whteverdayitis haha!
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

clorox enema??
              Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...isn't it funny that some aches are good ones! Thanks for sharing your friends WE ARE NOT IN THE SAME BOAT. How true that is.

Sam...it's amazing how fast people can come up with these things.

Pi...good job on getting through the first 72 hours. Never even thought of AB and hand sanitizer. I refuse to use ZOOM, don't need anyone seeing what I look like these days. LOL We are just figuring out Microsoft Teams and you don't need to use your camera to join the meeting.

Pauly...wish I could have seen that daily briefing. LOL Glad the flautas worked out, still sounds like a lot of work. LOL Hope you have a good day.

Off to figure out how to manage this new software the boss wants to use. Have a good day all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Greeting kids!

Getting a break in the rain right now but I nixed the walk today - cold & dampness makes me achy. That happens when you are over 40 something, haha!!!
                  I have been busy all day but not entirely sure what I have accomplished. Made some nice dairy free oat flour waffles for dinner & they were good. Also made a syrup out of organic frozen mixed berries, yum

PQ, we had a ton or rain overnight but no thunder. There’s always tonight & tomorrow I guess.
                  Learning new software at this age is a painful thing - I wish you much luck! When Pauly gets here we can set up a salon in my large kitchen with chairs for you, me & Pie!!!!

Mick, I drink one cup of half strength coffee in the morning then decaf coffee or tea the rest of the day which works for me. Love tea but drink it straight up, no milk or sugar.
                  I have a feeling that every country has a story to tell of incompetent government handling of Covid supplies. No story could possibly beat Trump suggesting injecting antiseptic & light to ‘clean out the lungs’.
                  I have never seen a bigger moron anywhere!!! Glad you are continuing to feel better.

Sam, somehow those memes take some of the burn away from the idiocy in DC!

Pie, i am happy you are past the worst of it now, yay! Keep moving forward & stick with us, your friends

Cyn, I am thinking of you & sending love & light to you & your husband :hug:

Det, hope your day was a good one!
                  OK, time to find something useful to do until the day is over.
                  Have a nice night all!

Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

And good afternoon how are we today hope everyone is well what an absolute scorching day is or are you today we have you got the sunbeds out and back garden with the brolly the fountains going with running water it's just like being on holiday ok ok so you've got to make your own food but never mind. Such a shame we can't go anywhere because there should be absolutely ideal for going away in the van and bimbling over the country ...not to worry it will happen someday next door's kids have got a big paddling pool so yep it is just like the beach kids screaming sunshine and the sound of water.
                    Hiya treacle how are you today question mark haven't seen you on here for a couple of days hope everything is well with you and hubby
                    Hiya lav how are you today? Hope everything is well with you. Rather you than me learning new software my patience levels runs slightly thin doing stuff like that happily help on the food creating idea haha perhaps disinfectant flavoured muesli in accordance with your great leaders wishers

Hello pie and how are you today ? Well done getting were the first steps you can keep at it you know you can

Hiya ppqp how are you today? Hope all is well with you. What is zoom? I heard mention a good few times now, but haven't a clue my recollection of zoom was anice lollipop that was made when I was a kid. Quite up to leave it there as well it looks like some kind of Skype or Instagram sort of rubbish stay safe have a good weekend

Hiya pauly hopefully you are ok today? As you see there's lots and lots of negativity floating about at the moment basically no one has got a clue that's the newspapers you're a great leader and 90% of the Worlds leaders to I do know it isn't pretty safe to drink disinfectant and I'm not even the president take care of yourself

Hi Sam how are you doing today? Hope all is well with you have you caught up with your list of jobs?
                    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...it's video conferencing
                      z2.jpg
                      as opposed to
                      z.jpg
                      You're dating yourself. LOL

Off to the community center to do my community garden work while I have the place to myself.

I'm worried we haven't heard from TG lately.

Will check back in when I get home....:smile:PPQP
                      Last edited by porqoui; April 25, 2020, 10:17 AM.

Comment

Hello all sweet friends... no time to read back, I hope all is well with you.

Tuesday evening hubs went into IVU, 3 AM they intubated him. This has been a rocky path, he was gravely ill for the first day, then he received some experimental drug to calm the cytokines storm, which made a dent, then next day, in the night received the plasma therapy. It also has helped some areas. Things are still quite grave, and it is terribly hard not to be able to be at the hospital. But my days have been filled to overflowing just handling updates to friends and family and correspondence. We will be setting up a Caring Bridge page sometime today, and I will announce via FB. i just can't handle the volume anymore... and I think people should celebrate and tell their stories while he is alive... I think he gets the vibes. Thank you all for your light-sending and good wishes... please do all you can to stay away from people and not expose yourself to this. It is real, it is dangerous, and it is ever-changing, so you are not safe anywhere except at home... Light...

Comment

Oh, Tree! That’s a scary update. So sorry that you’re so close to the crisis. Best wishes for a good outcome.

PQ, my former yoga studio is offering Zoom yoga sessions. Working up the courage to give it a try. Still can’t get logged into MWO from laptop. Probably doesn’t bode well for trying a new app.

I’m getting along okay. Hoping that my sober muscle-memory is kicking in.

Greetings to Mick, Lav, Pauly, Det, Sam etal.

Comment

Cyn, I'm praying for hubs, I'm so sorry! I had thought he was doing so much better, I'm thinking of you both
                            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good evening all,

Oh Cyn, I am so sorry to hear your report. This virus is so nasty like nothing ever seen before. I will continue to send you daily love & light & hope. Please take care of yourself & please let me know if i can help from a distance in any way :hug:

Pie, I’m sure your sober memory is working somewhere in the background. You had a good long run previously so I know you’ll do it again. I haven’t had any reason to use Zoom But I see many people doing well with it so good luck with your yoga class.

PQ, gardening on your own? How cool!! I hope you had a great day.

Mick, I see your lolliop visual, haha. We had one called a Charms pop, very similar.
                              Not hot here, really just about right. Rain coming back overnight & tomorrow, Boo Hiss.

Hey there Sam & Det. Det I have a certain hoodie on the way with a really cool Covid design

We have set up a wireless fence for my dog to stop her from making such an ass of herself with the neighbors. It’s up to me to teach her the boundary limits so i’ve been walking her around her designated area on the leash. After several days of teaching I’ll let her out on her own & see if she knows where/when to stop or get a shock. I hate these things but when you have such a reactive dog you gotta do something.
                              Have a nice night all!

Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09
                              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

TG...I just knew it wasn't going to be good news....I'm so sorry. Remember to breathe. :heartbeat:

Pi...you sound really good but don't do too much too soon. Slow and steady ok?

Lav...more like "building" to myself, finished and posted garden COVID19 directives. Fingers crossed the city doesn't shut down community gardens.

Peaceful sleep all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Working...
                                X