Registered User.

Join Date;
    31st October, 2014.
    Posts;
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: so has lockdown helped anyone on here

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarista View Post
    Hi Kev,

How are u going mate? I reckon many of the problem drinkers out there would likely be going harder than usual if they now have more time on their hands. If you've lost your job, the pressure/stress and uncertainty of the future drives many to drink anyway, let alone if your world is crumbling around you. Many are struggling here in Oz. Many are keeping it together too. But problem drinkers do what problem drinkers do - drink more not less.

The mental health fall out due to loss of income, job, identity will be difficult for many.
    hi. am doing fine thanks. more than 3 weeks sober and only drank a little before that. decided not to drink again until I can go to a bar or if am allowed to have people round the house. Even then, might just wait for the bar.

I am hoping some people run their wells dry during the lockdown and just find a way to refuse to buy any more. LIke i said, dash to the supermarket but don't go near the alcohol counter,, then go home and isolate and do anything you want as there's no drink in the house.

Eaiser said than done but if you can avoid the actual purchase of alcohol then there's no where else to drink.

Join Date;
    6th May, 2009.
    Location;
    IRELAND.
    Posts;
    Post Thanks / Like

@scotskev81

decided not to drink again until I can go to a bar or if am allowed to have people round the house. Even then, might just wait for the bar.
    In Ireland here we love our bars. But the thinking now is the Irish pub is a thing of the past till 2021 - public houses will be last on the list to have restrictions lifted.
    But I'm not sure that's good thing because the change to a 'drinking at home nation' is not what the country needs either.
    Dunno really.

But Scotty - how serious are you about quitting drink completely?
    You say you are a pub man - this is the ideal time to quit altogether would you agree ?

I am hoping some people run their wells dry during the lockdown and just find a way to refuse to buy any more.
    Now maybe I'm thick - but why are you worried about others' wells drying up ? Do you have others drinking in your house ? And you'd like them to stop ?
    Last edited by satz123; April 26th, 2020 at 10:35 AM.
    Benji ....
    Doing it my way

.... the joy of being sober never gets old !!

Registered User.

Join Date;
    31st October, 2014.
    Posts;
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by satz123 View Post
    @scotskev81

In Ireland here we love our bars. But the thinking now is the Irish pub is a thing of the past till 2021 - public houses will be last on the list to have restrictions lifted.
    But I'm not sure that's good thing because the change to a 'drinking at home nation' is not what the country needs either.
    Dunno really.

But Scotty - how serious are you about quitting drink completely?
    You say you are a pub man - this is the ideal time to quit altogether would you agree ?

Now maybe I'm thick - but why are you worried about others' wells drying up ? Do you have others drinking in your house ? And you'd like them to stop ?

no your not thick. I live alone but I was thinking of other people on this forum or people who are struggling.

I don't think i'm going to give up because I am looking forward to getting back out to bars.

Join Date;
    12th October, 2008.
    Location;
    Oceania.
    Posts;
    Post Thanks / Like

Good work on 3 weeks sober Kev. Stay well and take care of yourself.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Registered User.

Join Date;
    31st October, 2014.
    Posts;
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarista View Post
    Good work on 3 weeks sober Kev. Stay well and take care of yourself.
    Thank you. Can't say i'm not bored but then again there is no where to go so it's not as if I'm sitting at home while other people are out enjoying themselves. :-)
    Also not getting any texts asking me to go for a pint or come watch the match, because there aren't any of either.

Join Date;
    6th May, 2009.
    Location;
    IRELAND.
    Posts;
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think i'm going to give up because I am looking forward to getting back out to bars.
    Kev
    Why did you come to a forum that is essentially for those addicted to alcohol & whose dream it is to quit completely because it has caused so much hardship to them & their families?
    Why would you talk about going out to bars on a forum for alcoholics ?
    Why are you here if you drink so little & look forward to drinking again ?
    Last edited by satz123; April 29th, 2020 at 03:47 PM.
    Benji ....
    Doing it my way

.... the joy of being sober never gets old !!

Registered User.

Join Date;
    31st October, 2014.
    Posts;
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by satz123 View Post
    Kev
    Why did you come to a forum that is essentially for those addicted to alcohol & whose dream it is to quit completely because it has caused so much hardship to them & their families?
    Why would you talk about going out to bars on a forum for alcoholics ?
    Why are you here if you drink so little & look forward to drinking again ?

WHY ARE YOU HERE ?
    This is a forum to talk about alcohol problems. Binging is also a problem. NOt everyone wishes to remaine free from it

Join Date;
    2nd December, 2009.
    Location;
    In my own little world. I like it here. I know all the people..
    Posts;
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scotskev81 View Post
    This is a forum to talk about alcohol problems. Binging is also a problem. NOt everyone wishes to remaine free from it
    Kev - the title of the forum says it all - "My Way Out" It's a forum for people who want to stop drinking. It's a forum for people who know they have a problem with alcohol or are alcoholics, depending on how you want to phrase it, and they want to find their way to sobriety by using the tools available here and with the advice and support of people here who have gotten and remained sober. You can talk all you want about your alcohol problem, but if you're not willing to do something about it, then what's the point. It's like you can't see properly but instead of going to the optometrist to get glasses to correct your vision, you're just talk on and on about it and hope that one day you wake up with 20-20 vision again. It's not going to happen. And if you don't want to remain free from you binging, then as @satz123 said - WHY ARE YOU HERE?
    Last edited by stirly-girly; April 28th, 2020 at 04:05 AM.
    For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
    AF since 10/10/2015

Registered User.

Join Date;
    31st October, 2014.
    Posts;
    Post Thanks / Like

i'm going to move to the moderation part of the site.

thank you

Join Date;
    5th September, 2008.
    Location;
    England.
    Posts;
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scotskev81 View Post
    i'm going to move to the moderation part of the site.

thank you
    About time, you've just started a thread in monthly abstinence........... it's for continuous sobriety....month by month......think you may be better in one of these

https://www.mywayout.org/community/forum25/

https://www.mywayout.org/community/forum48/
    Last edited by JackieClaire; April 28th, 2020 at 04:49 AM.
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009