so has lockdown helped anyone on here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: so has lockdown helped anyone on here

I don't think i'm going to give up because I am looking forward to getting back out to bars.
    Kev
    Why did you come to a forum that is essentially for those addicted to alcohol & whose dream it is to quit completely because it has caused so much hardship to them & their families?
    Why would you talk about going out to bars on a forum for alcoholics ?
    Why are you here if you drink so little & look forward to drinking again ?
    Last edited by satz123; April 29, 2020, 03:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
      Kev
      Why did you come to a forum that is essentially for those addicted to alcohol & whose dream it is to quit completely because it has caused so much hardship to them & their families?
      Why would you talk about going out to bars on a forum for alcoholics ?
      Why are you here if you drink so little & look forward to drinking again ?

WHY ARE YOU HERE ?
      This is a forum to talk about alcohol problems. Binging is also a problem. NOt everyone wishes to remaine free from it

Comment

Originally posted by scotskev81 View Post
        This is a forum to talk about alcohol problems. Binging is also a problem. NOt everyone wishes to remaine free from it
        Kev - the title of the forum says it all - "My Way Out" It's a forum for people who want to stop drinking. It's a forum for people who know they have a problem with alcohol or are alcoholics, depending on how you want to phrase it, and they want to find their way to sobriety by using the tools available here and with the advice and support of people here who have gotten and remained sober. You can talk all you want about your alcohol problem, but if you're not willing to do something about it, then what's the point. It's like you can't see properly but instead of going to the optometrist to get glasses to correct your vision, you're just talk on and on about it and hope that one day you wake up with 20-20 vision again. It's not going to happen. And if you don't want to remain free from you binging, then as [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION] said - WHY ARE YOU HERE?
        Last edited by stirly-girly; April 28, 2020, 04:05 AM.
        For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
        AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

i'm going to move to the moderation part of the site.

thank you

Comment

thank you
            About time, you've just started a thread in monthly abstinence........... it's for continuous sobriety....month by month......think you may be better in one of these

Last edited by JackieClaire; April 28, 2020, 04:49 AM.
            It could be worse, I could be filing.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

thank you
              WHY? You don't moderate - you binge and don't want to stop. People who moderate don't binge. They have one glass of their preferred drink maybe once or twice a week or once or twice a month. And they stop there. No bingeing. No getting drink. And they don't harp on and on about it.....

Comment

ok bye. take care

Comment

ok bye. take care
                  [MENTION=21863]scotskev81[/MENTION] - if you were just honest about your drinking and how it has affected your life there are folks here who are more than willing to help you - because that's why we're all here.
                  Read [MENTION=24493]outofchances[/MENTION] posts and see the honesty there and the real need to get his life back that he knows has been robbed by alcohol.

Talking about going to bars & binging helps no-one.
                  But this is a forum to share experiences and help one another & yes I suppose the ultimate goal is sobriety because we've just HAD ENOUGH....

So perhaps think about what it is you really want - & what it was that brought you to put 'alcoholic' in a search engine ?
                  And maybe come back ?
                  Last edited by satz123; April 29, 2020, 03:45 PM.

Comment

to talk about alcohol and the options. other people's experiences. It's a topic I talk about.

I didn't even notice there were all those other forums for moderations etc. so i'll go and amuse myself in those and stay away from the general chat one unless there is a point to be made

Comment

The moderation boards aren't very active anymore, I do remember you saying that you didn't intend to quit forever which is fine, you're a grown man, the only problem is that most of us here have terrible issues with alcohol and one drink for us leads to many, many more that's why it's such a sore subject for us to read about, my husband can drink one or two and be fine he stops but he also would never even think of googling "how to stop drinking" just cuz he has no issues with it, all the best to you [MENTION=21863]scotskev81[/MENTION]
                      Last edited by paulywogg; April 29, 2020, 08:42 AM.
                      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

As far as I can tell from reports I have read the lock down is doing nothing for Alcohol consumption - Yes the pubs are closed but shop sales have increased as has domestic violence although there is no evidence these are related.

My wife still likes a drink occasionally and returned from her "essential shop" with several bottles of Pino which she paid £3.69 for.

A private landlord friend of mine has been forced to offer a 3 month rent release even tho the tenant is receiving a 80% furloughed wage, which hardly seems right!

I spend 6 hours a day going thru School homework with my kids so whilst I abide by the lock down and social distancing, I am not its greatest fan!

Be Safe,

Cheers,

Bacman
                        Last edited by Baclofenman; April 29, 2020, 09:39 AM.
                        I am not a Doctor - I am an alcoholic.
                        Thoughts expressed here are my own, often poorly put together and littered with atrocious grammar and spelling.

Comment

I got told yesterday that alcohol consumption had risen with it all now being bought in the shops.

At least in pubs it's possible to stop serving people or get them away from the bar if they are totally fkkked. at home that doesn't work.

praying that everyone's ok. and I hope some can stop topping up their supplies and just not buy the stuff in the first place.

Comment

I am going to refer everyone here to the Forum Rules:

Tolerance for one another and for differing opinions is a priority.

Asking a fellow member of this forum, in all caps, "WHY ARE YOU HERE?" is a direct violation of the Forum Rules. This site is called My Way Out. We do not endorse any particular method of treating AUD. If a member chooses not to embrace abstinence, members are expressly not permitted to pile on that person as has been done in this thread.

Any further violations will result in temporary account suspensions.

Comment

"WHY ARE YOU HERE?"
                              [MENTION=21863]scotskev81[/MENTION] [MENTION=10546]Forum Manager[/MENTION] apologies - for what I suppose amounts to my shouting and the knock-on effect of Kev being ganged up on.

Talking about looking forward to getting back to the pub to binge drink on a forum for struggling alcoholics irritated me.

However I suppose if you just want to discuss alcohol with no actual goal in mind that's your prerogative.
                              .... but that's not why I've hung around MWO for 7 years .
                              Giving support to those who have a constant battle trying to quit alcohol & stay quit is just more important to me.
                              I won't post on this thread again.

Comment

WHY ARE YOU HERE/
                                @Forum Manager and [MENTION=21863]scotskev81[/MENTION] - I apologize as well. The comment was made with the hope that Kev would take a good look at his "problem" and perhaps start to address it, not just discuss it. Obviously, it came across as shouting and perhaps as accusing.

I have been a member of MWO for over 10 years and have given endless support to people who are struggling and really want to stop drinking. I will continue to do that whenever needed within the "Forum Rules".

I too will not post again on this thread.

Comment

Working...
                                X