Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 40
  1. #1
    Registered User.

    Join Date;
    31st October, 2014.
    Posts;
    138.
    Post Thanks / Like

    so has lockdown helped anyone on here

    by forcingly keeping them out of a bar or stopping them leave the house so much to buy drink?

  2. #2
    Registered User. stirly-girly's Avatar

    Join Date;
    2nd December, 2009.
    Location;
    In my own little world. I like it here. I know all the people..
    Posts;
    8,885.
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: so has lockdown helped anyone on here

    Kev, in my very humble and very personal opinion, if someone REALLY wants to stop drinking, they don't need either a lockdown or restrictions of any kind to help them. They will find the way, by using whatever tools are available to them either online or in their community and by listening to the invaluable advice of the members here who have achieved and maintain sobriety. The key is making the decision that AL is no longer a part of our lives. Once our mind is made up, then we can move ahead to a healthier life without alcohol. Again, my own personal opinion. Said at just over 4-1/2 years sober....
    For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
    AF since 10/10/2015

  3. #3
    Registered User.

    Join Date;
    31st October, 2014.
    Posts;
    138.
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: so has lockdown helped anyone on here

    I know. But just saying that bars being shut must help some people. It's 50% of where people buy their alcohol from, with the other being shops.

  4. #4
    Forum Subscriber. JackieClaire's Avatar

    Join Date;
    5th September, 2008.
    Location;
    England.
    Posts;
    37,746.
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: so has lockdown helped anyone on here

    Quote Originally Posted by scotskev81 View Post
    I know. But just saying that bars being shut must help some people. It's 50% of where people buy their alcohol from, with the other being shops.
    Curious to know where you get your figures from.

    British pubs are disappearing. Here'''s why
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

  5. #5
    Registered User.

    Join Date;
    31st October, 2014.
    Posts;
    138.
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: so has lockdown helped anyone on here

    Just that when people drink they go out or stay in.

  6. #6
    Registered User. satz123's Avatar

    Join Date;
    6th May, 2009.
    Location;
    IRELAND.
    Posts;
    16,917.
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: so has lockdown helped anyone on here

    Quote Originally Posted by scotskev81 View Post
    Just that when people drink they go out or stay in.
    Scotty - not sure what that means.
    Would be interesting to know if alcohol sales have gone up in off-licences & supermarkets since lockdown of pubs.

    My husband went to Cheltenham - and as a punishment Ireland closed all the pubs when they came back
    He hasn't had a drink since March 12th in UK ......he loves the pub. As do a lot of Irish people.
    I thought they would go 'round with a black armbands - or take to the streets like in some US states ( !!) but no - most seem fine. But then most are not addicted to alcohol
    & can take it or leave it.
    Unlike us folks who post on MWO.
    Benji ....
    Doing it my way

    .... the joy of being sober never gets old !!

  7. #7
    Registered User.

    Join Date;
    31st October, 2014.
    Posts;
    138.
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: so has lockdown helped anyone on here

    Quote Originally Posted by satz123 View Post
    Scotty - not sure what that means.
    Would be interesting to know if alcohol sales have gone up in off-licences & supermarkets since lockdown of pubs.

    My husband went to Cheltenham - and as a punishment Ireland closed all the pubs when they came back
    He hasn't had a drink since March 12th in UK ......he loves the pub. As do a lot of Irish people.
    I thought they would go 'round with a black armbands - or take to the streets like in some US states ( !!) but no - most seem fine. But then most are not addicted to alcohol
    & can take it or leave it.
    Unlike us folks who post on MWO.
    yes exactly what I was thinking. Even some normal drinkers are stopping.

    A point worth remembering is that every alcoholic started out as a normal drinker.

  8. #8
    Registered User. paulywogg's Avatar

    Join Date;
    30th June, 2012.
    Location;
    Las Vegas.
    Posts;
    12,098.
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: so has lockdown helped anyone on here

    Maybe the casual drinkers who aren't addicted to alcohol and only go to the pub for the social time have quit/cut back, for the problem drinkers I dunno, I did read that here in the US the alcohol sales rates have risen 100/200% depending on the area, at least someone is making money during this time I guess
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink

    I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me"

    Off the table no MATTER what.

  9. #9
    Registered User.

    Join Date;
    31st October, 2014.
    Posts;
    138.
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: so has lockdown helped anyone on here

    Quote Originally Posted by paulywogg View Post
    Maybe the casual drinkers who aren't addicted to alcohol and only go to the pub for the social time have quit/cut back, for the problem drinkers I dunno, I did read that here in the US the alcohol sales rates have risen 100/200% depending on the area, at least someone is making money during this time I guess
    the shops must be delivering loads to people or it is being picked up by people.

    If a person can only dash to the supermarket to get food and not pick up any drink, they will do well.

  10. #10
    Registered User. Guitarista's Avatar

    Join Date;
    12th October, 2008.
    Location;
    Oceania.
    Posts;
    20,911.
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: so has lockdown helped anyone on here

    Hi Kev,

    How are u going mate? I reckon many of the problem drinkers out there would likely be going harder than usual if they now have more time on their hands. If you've lost your job, the pressure/stress and uncertainty of the future drives many to drink anyway, let alone if your world is crumbling around you. Many are struggling here in Oz. Many are keeping it together too. But problem drinkers do what problem drinkers do - drink more not less.

    The mental health fall out due to loss of income, job, identity will be difficult for many.

    'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

    Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •