26 April

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 26 April

Mae everybody, Mick glad you got some money back, I honestly don't think we'll be taking any family trips this year, sure things MIGHT be open this summer but it's still gonna be weird and you guys know I love the beaches in California but I'm not sitting on the beach with a mask on-the beach smell is the best part so I'll wait til next summer+we can't really make plans cuz everything is still up in the air, anyone hear outta Cyn? Lav? I hope things turn out ok, Pie, salons will probably be one of the last to open here too, it's just too close of contact, state board sent us an email yesterday with their plan layed out, no magazines, no people waiting inside (thank goodness for that but if course they'll bitch about standing in the heat, not my problem go wait in your car!) Masks for everyone, tempature taking, protective eyewear for us(oh goodie) some other stuff, I told the owner that shop needs to be deep cleaned before I even step foot in the damn place, it was filthy before and there's no way those sanitation things can be effective if the place is a dump, tbh I don't really even want to go back, I may take the first week off and see how the grocery delivery level is and just do that til I can get a job at a chain salon where everything is provided and if something happens again I can actually get unemployment, kinda done with that dumpster fire shop, you all know I have been for some time, on the other hand I kinda wanna go back just to make some quick cash in case everything shits down again, oh dilemmas, sorry all about me just a mind going a mile a minute! I love you all and wish you all a fabulous AF day!
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

heya ABeroooos!

not dead here, just insanely busy. I have more work than I can possibly catch up with. ack! I'm taking over completely for my boss who's back
      is now so bad that he had to return to UT awaiting surgery which is of course delayed due to panic and the sky falling.

The heat here is killing me. the houses I'm shooting are most always without any AC because they aren't lived-in so it's like 110 in there and wearing a face
      mask breathing my own superheated air... I'm so heat-sick I can't eat and it's all I can do to drink enough water. sorry to be whiny but this isn't fun like this
      so doing what I can do improve the situation. On the plus side I have work!
      people are super busy here again, traffic is up to it's annoying normal standards etc. I don't know a single person that has c19 and I don't think I know anyone that knows
      anyone else that has it. Weird how this can be so regional.
      ok, another 9 hours of sweating with no lunchbreak coming up.... yeee haw. I'm wearing shorts today... screw it.
      Mick, sorry, what appt are you trying for? I hope it's not teeth again. owie.

be well loves, will try to find some breathing time soon to catch up xoxo
      nosce te ipsum
      (Know Thyself)

Comment

heya ABeroooos!

not dead here, just insanely busy. I have more work than I can possibly catch up with. ack! I'm taking over completely for my boss who's back
        is now so bad that he had to return to UT awaiting surgery which is of course delayed due to panic and the sky falling.

The heat here is killing me. the houses I'm shooting are most always without any AC because they aren't lived-in so it's like 110 in there and wearing a face
        mask breathing my own superheated air... I'm so heat-sick I can't eat and it's all I can do to drink enough water. sorry to be whiny but this isn't fun like this
        so doing what I can do improve the situation. On the plus side I have work!
        people are super busy here again, traffic is up to it's annoying normal standards etc. I don't know a single person that has c19 and I don't think I know anyone that knows
        anyone else that has it. Weird how this can be so regional.
        ok, another 9 hours of sweating with no lunchbreak coming up.... yeee haw. I'm wearing shorts today... screw it.
        Mick, sorry, what appt are you trying for? I hope it's not teeth again. owie.

be well loves, will try to find some breathing time soon to catch up xoxo
        nosce te ipsum
        (Know Thyself)

Comment

MAE ALL...site acting up a little today. Couldn't get on to begin with and then it said it didn't save my post. I know why you posted twice now Det. I did the same thing but was able to delete one of them.

Pi...congrats on the Zoom yoga class and the fact that you didn't hate it. LOL Turns out my son is doing yoga online as well. I am shocked but think it will help with his depression/anxiety.

Mick...it gets to the best of us, glad you're feeling better. Sorry about the mix up with the tests, I know what that feels like. I book all my own appointments and if I can't I become a pain in the a$$ confirming everything is booked properly. I learned a lot about becoming your own health advocate while my Dad was in extended care. It's not that others are incompetent, everyone is over worked and nobody's perfect. Good job on getting the van fixed at a reduced cost and getting your vaca money back. Consider yourself ahead of the game.

Pauly...I'm with you about vacationing, I'm staying put. And I know the feeling of your mind going a mile a minute. The city has now extended the closure of all Community Centres till the end of August. I'm starting to get a little nervous about money and am trying not to dwell on it. The Government and Association has us covered wage wise till the end of June. I'm hoping the support programs will continue and if not our board will be able to support us. My previous boss had created an emergency fund of $500,000 in case something drastic happened and it has. I'll be keeping a close eye on what my current boss offers us.

Det...glad you're not dead and able to keep busy in spite of the heat. Keep up the water intake and try to eat, maybe fruit for now?

TG...thinking of you.

Time for breakfast and then I'm out for a walk. Increasing my distance slowly everyday and paying close attention to my breathing. Hope we all have a good day....:smile:PPQP
          Last edited by porqoui; April 29, 2020, 09:55 AM.

Comment

Its a covid test ..Ive got it tomorrow morning .

94231893_10157273876605496_4096164680186200064_n.jpg

94612848_1576257522536956_5246893518089093120_n.jpg

94883346_1577090145787027_2458272648384217088_n.jpg

Just been listening to a conversation between to old women who were observing social distancing:

"Windy isn't it?
            "No, it's Thursday"
            "So am I, let's have a nice cup of tea"

Private schools will reopen before state ones because those children are more important.

They say it is bad luck to open an umbrella indoors. However when I did so yesterday and accidentally hit my mother-in-law in the eye, on the way to A&E I found a quid down the side of the car seat

One million copies of a new book sold in just two days due a a typing error of just one alphabet character in the title.

Title of the Book:

"An idea than can change your wife".

This is something to think about when negative people are doing their best to rain on your parade. So remember this the next time someone who knows nothing and cares less makes your life miserable . . . . .

A New York woman was at her hairdresser's on Park Avenue getting her hair styled prior to a trip to Rome with her boyfriend. She mentioned the trip to the hairdresser, who responded, "Rome, why would anyone want to go there? It's crowded dirty and full of Italians. You're crazy to go to Rome. So, how are you getting there?"

"We're taking Continental," was the reply. "We got a great rate!"

"Continental?" exclaimed the hairdresser. "That's a terrible airline. Their planes are old, their flight attendants are ugly, and they're always late. So, where are you staying in Rome?"

"We'll be at this exclusive little place over on Rome's left bank called Teste . . . "

"Don't go any further. I know that place. Everybody thinks its gonna be something special and exclusive, but it's really a dump, the worst hotel in the city! The rooms are small, the service is surly and they're overpriced. So, whatcha doing when you get there?"

"We're going to go to see the Vatican and we hope to see the Pope."

"That's rich," laughed the hairdresser. "You and a million other people trying to see him. He'll look the size of an ant. Boy, good luck on this lousy trip of yours. You're going to need it."

A month later, the woman again came in for a hairdo. The hairdresser asked her about her trip to Rome. "It was wonderful," explained the woman. "Not only were we on time in one of Continental's brand new planes, but it was overbooked and they bumped us up to first class. The food and wine were wonderful, and I had a handsome 28-year-old steward who waited on me hand and foot."

"The hotel-it was great! They'd just finished a $5 million remodeling job and now it's a jewel, the finest hotel in the city. They, too, were overbooked, so they apologized and gave us their owner's suite at no extra charge!"

"Well," muttered the hairdresser, "that's all well and good, but I know you didn't get to see the Pope."

"Actually, we were quite lucky, because as we toured the Vatican, a Swiss Guard tapped me on the shoulder and explained that the Pope likes to meet some of the visitors and if I'd be so kind as to step into his private room and wait, the Pope would personally greet me. Sure enough, five minutes later, the Pope walked through the door and shook my hand!"

"I knelt down and he spoke a few words to me."

"Oh, really! What'd he say?"

"He said, 'Where'd you get the shitty hairdo?'"

Ponderism - The Best Fourteen
            Is it good if a vacuum really sucks?

Why do "tug" boats push their barges?

Why is the third hand on the watch called the second hand?

If a word is misspelled In the dictionary, how would we ever know?

If Webster wrote the first dictionary, where did he find the words?

Why do we say something is out of whack? What is a whack?

Why does "slow down" and "slow up" mean the same thing?

Why does "fat chance" and "slim chance" Mean the same thing?

Why do we sing "Take me out to the ball game" when we are already there?

Why are they called "stands" when they are made for sitting?

Why is it called "after dark" when it really is "after light"?

Doesn’t "expecting the unexpected" make the unexpected expected?

Why are a "wise man" and a "wise guy" opposites?

Why do "overlook" and "oversee" mean opposite things?
            Last edited by Mick; April 29, 2020, 01:09 PM.
            af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Mick...good luck with the test tomorrow. I hope this is a result of your bronchitis and not because you have developed more symptoms.

Comment

Good evening Group

Not bad today but getting windier now with a storm moving in from the west. 3” flooding rains called for tomorrow, oh well.
                We took a run out to Costco today & found quite a few empty shelves there so no stocking up, oh well.

Mick, are you having new symptoms? Why get tested now? I hope everything is OK.
                No vacations, graduations, concerts & recitals, summer camps - everything has been canceled for all of us this spring/summer. I keep telling myself ‘maybe next year’. Not much we can do.
                Can’t get to a store to buy a new sewing machine yet (until they re-open) so I’m stuck with cooking, baking & cleaning which isn’t always that much fun, haha!

Det, take it easy in the heat dude but glad you are getting lots of work!

Pauly, maybe now is a good time to get your resume buffed up so you can hit the chain shops as soon as they re-open. It would be great if you got a fresh start somewhere else.

PQ, I accidentally walked my dog (with her training collar on) into YB’s garage this morning not realizing that area is off limits for her. Boy did she ever get zapped, I felt bad. I think she’s forgiven me.
                I hope you got lots of fresh air & sun today

Pie, our retail shops have been close all along. I am going to get in my car & go to Delaware on Friday if they re-open. That’s where my machine dealer is located & I’m ready

Hey to Sam too. Are you also getting more rain than you actually need too? Mud city here, haha!

Cyn, thinking of you constantly!

Have a nice night all.

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae everybody, Mick! That scares me you're getting a c-vid test, are you still feeling really bad? Keep us posted, Cyn, always thinking of you and your hubs Lav, our governor is set to extend the stay at home order today, I know he'll just keep adding to it anyways so I'm not listening to the fat bastard anymore, I'll hear it from Kell and everyone else I don't need to watch him, PQ, made grilled cheese and tomato soup yesterday, soooooo good think I might make quesadilla tonight or just toss some chicken nuggets in, it gets hot delivering so I come home and just feel kind of lazy, think the Honda I'm driving gets hotter cuz no tint, sunroof and it's black, I stay much more comfortable in the Durango but it needs tires, right now it's riding on what I'm calling "skins" haha really bald, Pie, check in love, or maybe we're cross posting, much love to all and wishes for a great BF day!

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

hiya all..well thats me back from the test centre..had to drive to Manchester ..that was weird considering the last time I left the house was the 20th March ,far less drive! the whole set up was strange..people holding signs up ...you stay in the car ,windows closed and they have a sign saying phone this number ...and its them outside..and you go thru the test procedure on the phone with them..now have to wait for the results ..

Personally I think it is just the bronchitis but I was as rough as a bag of spanners the other night ...coughing like mad ...and really tired and worn out but no fever etc . ..so bearing in mind Julie is the prime carer for her dad and goes down every day ..he is high risk...plus the tests are now open for all prison staff and dependants too that fall into a specific category..so thatsit really ..still coughing like mad but apart from that ..
                    Tee gee how are you today ...hows your hubby?is he on the mend?best to him and you ..

hiya pauly ..hows you ? hope all is well with you ..yepIm ok..no self respecting germ would have the cheek to live on me!so you are driving around on slicks?oops ...yep black cars are worse for the heat !tommy soup and grilled cheese ? yum yum ..you take care .

hiya Lav ..how are you today?hope all is well with you..can you not get a machine on line?Over here they are talking about wearing masks now...if you have a look online they are caning people for prices ...Ive got a couple so has Julie
                    The holiday thing looks a real mess for us too ..when eventually the european countries open up they are looking at making a covid corridor ..so that there would be a corridor between adjoining countries ...ie france holland germany spain italy ..which rules uk out ..not to worry ...the other naughty they are looking at doing is all those that had holidays cancelled ..the possibility of giving them credit as opposed to money back ..thank goodness we have got ours back already!as Isay we have other plans .hope you have a good day.

hiya ppqp...how are you then today?nope no new symptoms just sometimes worserer...but nae probs ...hows the card school doing ..?hope its doing ok ..oh well soon be April....have a goodun .

right folks have a decent day big shout to ebberybuddy .
                    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Keep us posted Mick, I think it's a few days that the results come? Crossed fingers for a negative

Comment

Lav, driving to Delaware for a new machine sounds like a great field trip. Hope you get to treat yourself.

Mick, a friend of mine has been experiencing coughing, so went to get Covid test. Came back negative. His regular doc diagnosed bronchial spasms. Turns out he’d been doing an excessive amount of yard work, and irritated his lungs.

I completely overdid it on the Tuesday night yoga, and felt like a train wreck yesterday. Planning to join in another session tonight, but will take it much easier.

Comment

Greetings Abbers,

Soaking wet, rain coming straight down to the tune of almost 3”, geez!
                          No walk today, that’s for sure & I’m sitting here munching Oreos with my coffee, haha!! I’m going to be looking large!

Pauly, I know it’s rough not working but the longer we stay home the sooner this virus will die out. It needs a host to live, we have to starve the sucker.
                          Here in PA there was still an additional 600+ new cases over the past 24 hrs. We have to wait this damn thing out.
                          Yesterday when we were in Costco I got pissed when an old man walked by with his nose sticking out of the top of his mask. A few aisles later there was another. When I saw the third old man with his nose uncovered I just blurted out DUDE, YOU HAVE TO COVER UP THAT NOSE!!!! YB moaned & started walking faster, haha!!!

Mick, sounds like the Bronchitis did a number on you. I know it takes a long time to get rid of the cough. Rest yourself as much as you can, I know that is a hard request
                          Yep, if Julie is looking after her Dad then you two really do need to stay healthy. My mind has wandered to the Christmas holidays a few times, I’ve wondered how we’re going to manage it too. Who knows? We just have to wait & see. The only sewing machines I can buy from Amazon are cheap ones - the one I bought in July of 2018 is as dead as a door knob. I want to get myself a good one that will outlast me.

Pie, exercise is a great thing until you hurt something, ugh. Be careful & enjoy the class.

Hello to PQ & Det & Sam!

Not much going on here so I’ll wish everyone a nice night!

Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

morning everyone,
                            Mick, hope you're doing better today and truly hope that tests are negative. The last yuk I got in February was very bronchial. And I still cough somewhat. Take care of yourself!

Lav, it's been raining a bit, you might say, sliding in the mud to gather eggs.

PI, what type of yoga are you doing?

Waves to you Pauly (you cutting hair again?), Det, and PQ

well the month of April zoomed by it seemed. got to be zooming myself.. later.....
                            Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Mae everybody, Mick yea it's a good thing you got the test done-just to be sure, especially since Julie's dad is high risk, Lav, there's people I see who don't even bother with the mask, I wear mine-for a bit, which is pointless but I honestly can't breathe sometimes so I'll take it off to get a break, I'd be one of the people you tell at haha, Sam we probably won't be opening the shop for awhile, it's just too close of contact right now, Pie, at least you know the yoga is working if you got so sore PQ, just made chicken nuggets last night, easy for me, hubs is gonna smoke a brisket this weekend so I'm excited! Much love to all and wishes for a great BF Fryday!

Comment

afternoon all ..how are we doing today?hope everyone is doing good ...weather is supposed to be raining ,but its pretty nice out there no rain nothing ..feeling better today too .transplanting seedlings...its a mind numbing job but the final result is good ..
                                thanks everyone for your good wishes ..I honestly think its as Pie said ...9th of March I had a rubbishy cold and I think thats how it started ..plus I didnt do myself any favours working and walking too. so mebbes I need to listen to my body . again another day with no coffee .

hiya Pauly ...how are you then?ok?we are going to be using masks ..they are coming up with some crazy ideas in the future for travelling abroad..will be a while before we go abroad . You stay safe and look after yourself and yours.

hiya Sam the man ...thanks mate . whatever it is ..it is ..it has knocked my pan in ! hope all is well with you too .

hiya Lav hows you then?hope all is well...I went to costco yesterday too but not in the store ...just to fill up with fuel...the prices are unreal..at the moment it is 98 pence a litre...about 75 cents in Lincolns money .Good for you regards to wearing the masks ...Mind you ..thats a cracker today Trump is saying he has seen evidence to say the virus was grown in a lab in China..and yet the secret service over your way disagree intensely with him ..kinda makes it look like left and right havent met ..
                                Dont buy a machine from China ....

Hiya Yogi Pie hows you then ? hope all is well ..did you take it easy last night ?take care ..Im living proof that the brain waves far outweigh the bodies capabilities sometimes .

Hiya ppqp how are you then? hope you are ok ..its caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaard day go for it .have a good weekend

big hello to everyone else

I’m not certain but I think that quarantine lockdown and social distancing has ended overnight. I just saw two ‘ladies’ wandering down the street in their dressing gowns so I assume they were off to Asda.

Jeff Bezos raises wages by $2 for Amazon hourly workers.

He will now earn $8000 a second instead of $9000

For those of you still confused by the social distancing guidlines , six feet is 1.82metres , while 2 metres is 6 foot 6 and three-quarters.

I hope that helps

Boris Johnson has vowed to make the UK's lockdown exit strategy public next week.

Next week: 'Erm, I left it on the bus, sir.'

There was a robbery at the post office today.

Someone bought four first class stamps.

There are two small, smelly Johnsons at No.10 Downing Street now.

Comment

Working...
                                X