Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 26 April

MAE ALL....

Lav...has your dog forgiven you? I bet you felt worse than the shock the dog got. We're supposed to have a nice weekend with our rain coming on Sunday night. I sure hope it's nothing like the rain you're getting. I've also noticed a lot of people wearing masks with their noses sticking out, what's the point.

Pauly...did you make your quesadilla's yesterday? I see you went with chicken nuggets instead. The smoked brisket will be good this weekend. I found a really easy crock pot Salisbury Steak recipe yesterday and it turned out really good....How to make perfect Salisbury steak It really must be hot driving around in a black car all day.

Mick...bet that's the first time you didn't encounter any traffic issues driving to Manchester. Wouldn't it be nice if it was like that all the time? Interesting procedure for your test, did you administer it yourself? I'm glad you're feeling better today and transplanting seedlings sounds like a safe project. Ended up having caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaard day yesterday. LOL We've switched up our partners and I got to say my new one seems to communicate a lot better than my old partner. Not that I'll tell her that.

Pi...have you recovered from your over doing it on Tuesday? Yup, better to keep it easy in the beginning.

Sam...yes it does feel like April just zoomed by after the fact. During the month it seemed to go on forever. You be careful sloshing around in that mud.

Det...losing any weight in those over heated houses? I'm sure the shorts were appreciated.

TG...hugs to you and hubs.

It's going to take quite awhile to restore the community centre and none of us will have access to the building. The boss is now looking at setting up remote access to the server so I can access the files/accounting software I need to. Soon I won't need to go into work at all (except Wednesday's to play cards though). Have a good day all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Sam, I’m doing a 60 year old woman’s type of yoga. If it’s got a name, don’t know what it is. It’s not the popular hot and sweaty kind, though.

I just signed up for an unlimited number of Zoom classes for the next month. There are 6 classes per week, 4 am and 2 pm. I’ll probably do them all, since I’m not doing much of anything else right now.

Lav, I saw lots of noses poking out of masks yesterday too. No idea what some people are thinking.

Happy Canada Day, PQ! I’ll picture you wearing red and white. EDIT: Wait a minute. Canada Day is in July, right? How did I misread your post, PQ?

Pauly, did you ever get your dog back?
      Last edited by Pie; May 1, 2020, 06:11 PM.

Comment

Greetings Abbers,

Not that I really want to but I am dog sitting this weekend. My DIL went to her dad’s house in NJ, took the kids & the other dog. My son is on his 24-36 hr shift so I had to get the dog. She’s about 14 now & has old golden retriever breath, ha ha.
        I have my Swiss made sewing machine ordered & just have to do a curbside pickup Monday morning, I am thrilled.

Hello to Mick, PQ, Pauly, Sam, Pie! Cyn, I am thinking of you!!!

Making this short so I can these noisy dogs outside for a bit.
        Have a good night all!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

hello everyone ...how are we today then?hope all is well.did anyone notice its the weekend .?I got as far as May..they are talking over here about possibly relaxing the covid guidelines ..though I believe before they do everyone should have to take a maths test...2 metres is clearly an issue with some peoples calculation of distance...and then they are looking at opening up the scools..I think that is a must becaws wile scools is shut ,the kidz ejucashun is sufring....

Feeling ok today ,bit of coffing but nothing on the oh shit scale ...

lots of seedlings too prick out and plant up ,plus put some newspaper up for shading in the greenhouse ..yep its that hot ..

hiya tee gee hope all is well with you both ..I saw that hubs condition had improved ..great ...long may it continue ..actually not so long ...quicker would be nicer .

And hello to the dog whisperer ...hows you then? a new SWISS sewing machine?when did they start diversifying from chocolate and cuckoo clocks?hope its a good one for you .you fancy pricking out some petunias ,and tomatoes?Is that a no?...take care

hiya pie how are you doing?hows the yoga going?how many times a week are you doing it?how are you finding staying stopped?you will master it...hows the dogs ? do you still look after them?take care and best to you.

hiya ppqp...how are you today then? all good I hope.yes it was strange driving down there.. no one one the roads at all hardly .Ive never seen it as such ...and the price of the fuel is unreal...oh that sounds something ..remote working all week ..saveWednesday when you go in for cards (with new communicative partner!)..hope you have a great weekend

big shout to everyone else...

I was being examined by my colonologist and he said "Mr Crisp, you have very serious anal tearing that needs to be repaired. Mr Crisp you have very serious anal tearing that needs to be repaired". and i said "There was no need to repeat yourself ducky". and he replied " I did'nt that was the echo".

I went shopping for the first time today since the lockdown.

I said to the shop assistant, 'I am glad to see you are getting back to normal and there is a good amount on the shelves, especially the Hand Sanitiser, despite those bstards that just panic bought and hoarded it all up.'

'Yes sir, we are certainly getting back to normal. How many Sanitisers do you want?'

'Can I have one hundred and fifty please, and a thousand bottles of your bleach.'

Princess Charlotte drops off homemade pasta to vulnerable Norfolk residents.

It's good to see the realities of life and the plights of the less fortunate, said Norfolk housewife.

I came up with a killer joke yesterday about how this country has completely become an Orwellian state. Unfortunately because of what's going on now I lost my train of thought and forgot it.

A barking drone flew right up in my face and ordered me to go back inside as it said I was doing non-essential activity.

Paddy: "Every morning, I wake up and wonder if the world will end today."

Murphy: "I doubt it -- it's already tomorrow in Australia."

Kim Jong-un came out of 20 days hiding today, snipping the ribbon to a new fertiliser factory to rounds of rapturous applause .. true!

That's how to do it Donald Trump!..

Keep your mouth shut and cut red tape to sort your country's shit.
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

MAE ALL...

Pi...we offered senior (55+) yoga classes at the community centre and they were called Gentle Yoga. I'm glad to hear you're not doing Hot Yoga. LOL Yup Canada Day is July 1st. I blame the confusion on Mick when he typed Happy Ca a a a rd Day. LOL I'm glad you asked Pauly the dog question, I'm kinda curious too.

Lav...excited for your new sewing machine. Def need a pic when you get it. At least the dogs will keep you active, not that you needed the excuse. Hope you're not water logged.

Mick...yup, I noticed it was Saturday when I realized I need to go out and get needed supplies. Of course I'd wait until Saturday! I'm glad you're feeling ok today, take it easy.

I have avoided Walmart throughout this isolation period but I can't find face masks anywhere so will see how busy it is when I go out. Alberta is starting it's phased in opening and it may be mandatory to wear masks at certain places, otherwise I wouldn't bother. Just like gloves, which I have, it all depends on how you use them. I'm sticking to soap and water. Have a Super Saturday all....:smile:PPQP

So after forever I have finally remembered to bring my reusable bags to Co-Op and today they're not allowed. Also they are charging 5 cents per plastic bag, but it is going to charity. The girl said you can always just put your groceries back in the cart. Never even thought of that. So half went back in the cart (heavy items to put in my reusable bags) and half in plastic. Did my part to support the food bank. Never went to Walmart, the parking lot was packed.
            Last edited by porqoui; May 2, 2020, 01:59 PM.

Comment

went Merkle hunting Friday with my son, we hike a fur piece back in the mountains, found about a pound, great on homage pizza!

IMG_2707 2.jpg
              Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Greetings Abbers,

Finally a nice sunny day, yay!!
                Nothing exciting going on here, just putzing around. YB did finally power wash the deck that I asked him to do 15 years ago,haha! Figured the deck should be clean when the new steps & railings go on pretty soon
                Now that 31 states are loosening stay at home orders the Covid case numbers are on the rise. I posted an article on FB this morning that essentially says this virus will likely be around for 2 years or until it has hit 60-70% of the population. We should stay at home as long as we can i think

Mick, all the Amish greenhouses are selling plants, Walmart & regular stores are not. You just need to remember to take cash or a check, they don’t accept credit or debit cards.
                Buy a lot of plants, they make people happy

Sam, interesting shrooms, enjoy your pizza!!!!

Hello to cyn, glad thing are improving for you & your husband.

Pauly, I’m waiting for a hir cut, I look like an idiot.

PQ, I’ve had a hard time shopping without my reusable bags too. You just get into the habit of taking them along.
                I have a pile of masks cut & ready to be sewn. Just NEED to get my new machine.

Hello to Pi & Det, hope you are doing well.

Dogs want out again so here i go.
                Have a nice night all!

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

No I don't have Spencer back I'd have mentioned it if I did
                  I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                  Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
                  X