26 April

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

26 April

Hello all..how are things today?Firstly teegee Im so sorry to hear your news...I thought your hubby was making good progress...obviously being a doctor isnt one of my strengths .Stay positive ,thoughts prayers hugs anything to you .again if I can help you in any way let me know ,I just wish all these lunatics that think they are bullet proof and full of bravado would listen.You nailed it with stay at home...nevr mind disinfectant donald and his medicine man cures ..or the pressure over here of being forced to open up again ...stay at home .
    A big hello to everyone else on here ,and hope you are all well but for me tee gee you are this post ..stay strong :hug::hug::hug::hug:
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Re: 26 April

Mae everybody, Mick thanks for the start up Cyn, I'm thinking of you ((hugs)) waves to all
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

MAE All,

Thanks for the start up, Mick. What part of the world is Treegirl in?

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...thanks for starting this weeks thread.

TG...you are in my heart and prayers :hug:

Pauly...hope your day is going good.

Pi...I believe TG is close to NYC.

Eventful morning with a call out to the community centre being on fire. Thankfully the building was empty and the fire was contained to the vestibule to one of the halls. Most of the damage is due to smoke. I just can't believe it, what next! Will check back in with you all later....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Good evening all,

Thanks for the startup Mick. Can’t believe May is around the corner already, geez.

Pauly & Pie, hello to both of you!

PQ, a fire? Oh wow, that’s horrible news to wake up too geez. Glad to hear it wasn’t too serious anyway.

Cyn, my heart has been with yours all day long. I just wish I could do something to help you :hug:

Hello to Sam & Det, hope you are well.

Spent the entire day in the kitchen cooking & baking. Rain all day so just as well I suppose.
          Please be careful everyone & just stay home. Venture out only when you have to for essentials. We’ll get thru this together :heartthumbs:

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae everybody, PQ, that's awful! Glad nobody was inside, feel like it's been a bad luck month here too but maybe I just am emphasizing it cuz I'm home and notice it more, Cyn, I was thinking about you and hubs all day yesterday, I just feel very sad about this I always remember our old thread with you, Lav, Dill,Star and me and we all got so close there with our spiritual talk, nutrition talk and just life in general talk, really miss it especially now, hope you can check in today, if not I understand, Pie, how are you doing? Mick, hows Amy doing with all of this? Seems like the young people either care too much about things being different or not at all depending on what they're into, waves to the gang and much, much love to all! Have a good BF day.

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

hiya all...how are we today then?was supposed to rain here but not adrop has fallen ..it has now been cancelled till wednesday apparently ..firstly Teegee ..hows hubby today?how are you too?I hope those little steps are still forward facing ...and getting bigger .

hiya pauly how are you today?hope you areok ..Amy is doing ok,she is on nights this week ,I would have thought less busy but apparently theres no day or night atm with admission rates thank you for asking though.

hiya ppqp...how are you then?whats the sitrep on the fire ..how did it start? do they know yet?Is there a lot of damage?hope all is well with you yourself ..not work .

hiya pie how are you ?hope all is well with you too ..are you managing? course you are!you can do it .take care ...apologies too teegee is from the yooessovay

hiya Lav and how are you then today?hows the bakery doing?and the mask making?and the embroidery ?and the dog walking?and the kid watching?and in your spare time??have a good day

a big hi to everyone else..

News: Trump orders Navy to "shoot down" Iranian boats that harass US ships.

The next order will be to sink their planes.

Only 12 more shopping days till Christmas.

Thank you lockdown

On the plus side, technically, every piece of advice that Donald Trump issues raises the average IQ in the US.

Breaking: North Koreans say kim Jong-Un is alive but prefers to sleep in a coffin all day now

My wife finally broke the bathroom scales this morning.

She picked it up and smashed it against the wall in anger after it topped 600.

A little old lady is walking down the street, dragging two plastic garbage bags with her, one in each hand. There's a hole in one of the bags, and every once in a while a $20 bill comes flying out of it onto the pavement. Noticing this, a policeman stops her.

"Ma'am, there are $20 bills falling out of that bag."

"Damn!" says the little old lady, "I'd better go back and see if I can gather up some of them. Thanks!"

"Well, now, not so fast," says the cop. "Where did you get that money? Did you steal it?"

"Oh, no," says the little old lady. "You see, my yard backs up to the parking lot of the football stadium. Each time there's a game, a lot of fans come and pee in the bushes, right into my flower beds! So, I stand behind the bushes with a big hedge clipper and each time some guy sticks his dck through the bushes, I say; '$20 or off it comes!'"

"Hey not a bad idea!" laughs the cop. "Ok, good luck! By the way, what's in the other bag?"

"Well," says the little old lady, "not all of them pay up."

A country preacher was walking the backroads near his church. He became thirsty so decided to stop at a little cottage and ask for something to drink. The lady of the house invited him in and in addition to something to drink, she served him a bowl of soup by the fire. There was a small pig running around the kitchen. The pig was constantly running up to the visitor and giving him a great deal of attention.

The visiting pastor commented that he had never seen a pig this friendly.

The housewife replied: "Ah, he's not that friendly. That's his bowl you're using."

Father: Why don't you get yourself a job?
              Son: Why?

Father: So you could earn some money.

Father: So you could put some money in a bank and earn interest.

Father: So that when you're old you can use the money in your bank account .....and you would never have to work again.

Son: I'm not working now.

94355477_10217606770416158_6387593057600012288_n.jpg
              Last edited by Mick; April 27, 2020, 11:46 AM.
              af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

MAE ALL...

Pauly...yup it sure feels like a bad luck month to me too. Bring on May!!

Lav...could you come spend the day in my kitchen please!!

Mick...it's supposed to rain here today too, we shall see. No official report on the fire yet but we suspect it was heat tape on the HVAC pipes. It is hard wired into the fuse box and with all the contractors we've had in the building lately we think someone switched the breaker on. It was probably heating for awhile. Minimal structural damage, mostly smoke. "On the plus side, technically, every piece of advice that Donald Trump issues raises the average IQ in the US" :rotlf:

Not sure what I'm going to tackle today but Nintendo seems to be high on the list. Especially if it rains. Have a good day all will check back later....:smile:PPQP
                Last edited by porqoui; April 27, 2020, 11:18 AM.

Comment

Geez, PQ! A fire on top of everything else? Are you getting ready to buy a bee keepers hat for when the locusts arrive?

I’m getting along much better than anticipated. When I first started drinking again, it felt exhilarating. But it got to be a major drag in short order. I’d forgotten how slavish it is to stay supplied. Shopping during quarantine is a PITA anyway. Additional trips for alcohol became an added burden.

Comment

Hey kids,

Never got the rain we were promised either - strange! Cloudy but dry is OK with me.
                    I did a batch of English muffins today, just because. I cleaned out the fridge for a leftover buffet. Guess I’ll actually have to cook something tomorrow, haha!
                    I’m doing 3 10 minute dog training sessions daily with my little reactive monster. She’s not dumb & has already figured out what happens when you get too close to the little white flags out in the yard. My main goal is to stop her from running down the driveway to bark & chase people walking by. She’s noisy, not vicious, just a pain in the butt, LOL
                    Seems like Cyn sounded more positive today with her news, I sure hope things are improving.

Pauly, talk about anything you want here, we’re always listening.

Mick, love the picture of the ‘kids’ going back to school, haha!!

PQ, I’m not so sure about the American IQ. Today, just as I was starting out on my walk some wanker dude in a huge pickup truck (with dual rear axles) sped by my driveway with a TRUMP 2020 flag pasted to the whole right side of his truck. Really changed my mood quickly
                    Hope you enjoyed your Nintendo day.

Pie, keeping a good supply of AL was always a huge burden, I can’t even imagine what people are going thru right now. You picked a perfect time to kick it out of your life again.

Hello to Det & Sam.

Have a nice night all. Time for doggie lesson #3.
                    Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Mae everybody, Cyn any word? You're in my thoughts constantly ((hugs)) Lav, alot of people are leaning towards DT in the next election cuz the alternative is bleh, plus his approval rate is up cuz of all of this stuff going on, I'm done analyzing people haha, I'll never crack that code, just a quick one from me this morning, waves to the gang and wishes for a great BF day!

Comment

Greetings friends,

Where is everyone today? Glad to see you Pauly!

I just finished giving YB an earful about voting for Trump again (I know he did last time). After seeing Pence on the news today visiting staff & patients at the Mayo Clinic with NO MASK on I just got so angry. He ignored the clinic’s mask policy even though he had been informed ahead of time. What a POS
                        Today was a real nice day, sunny & just warm enough to be out without a jacket. That all changes forteh next two days though, back to cold rain.

Mick, unusual for you to miss a visit, hope you. Are OK.

Hey to PQ, Det, Pie & Sam. Hope everyone is happy & healthy

Cyn, I was so happy to read that your husband is stabilizing, thank the universe :hug:

I am scouring the internet for a new sewing machine. I have at least 5 here that are aged & not working & I want to sew stuff. As soon as the stores reopen in Delaware I’ll be making a trip to spend some money on a nice brand new model. I’m worth it, haha!!! I already told my daughter than she can have when I’m gone, it should keep her happy for years. Can’t wait for a new Bernina in my shop.

Wishing everyone a decent night!
                        Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

Pi...yup, got my hat hat.PNG just need my mask to go under it. I'm glad things aren't as bad as you anticipated. Speaking from experience, it's amazing how fast we go back to the amount of AL we were drinking just before we quit.

Lav...look at you go...now dog training! It will definitely be an interesting election in November if DT doesn't move the date. I still live by the house rule, you don't ask who someone voted for? A new Bermina...you're right, you do deserve it. I think we should all plan on doing/buying something special for ourselves when this is over. Something positive for us to look forward to.

TG...I'm glad Lav caught us up, that's great news. You are continually on my mind. :hug:

Pauly...you'll never figure people out. I do love "people watching" though. There has been an onslaught of "black market" haircuts here. I just don't understand some people either.

Waves to Det, Sam, Mick. Hoping you all had a good day.

Had a really good video conference call with boss and supplier today. Technology is wonderful...when it works. Temps going up to 70F tomorrow so plan on spending some time outside. Have a good night all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

PQ, that hat’ll do just fine. Great choice! I just finished my first Zoom yoga class, and I didn’t hate it. Think I can make it work for now.

Our governor is opening retail, restaurants, movies, and some other stuff on Friday. Lav, our fabric stores have been open all along with big lines of customers waiting to get inside. Pretty sure they sell sewing machines as well . Probably Amazon does too if you don’t want to wait.

Pauly, hair salons and gyms aren’t included in this first phase of openings, so we’ll stay shaggy awhile longer.

Comment

morning all...yep mia yesterday ..apologies..wasnt feeling too clever .. 2+2 =35 ...see? told you so .Was supposed to go for tests today but its a government run scheme so its not running true to form! they didnt send the appt thru .Ihad a little rust spot on the van ...I had been quoted previously 4-500 quid to get it done ...a friend of a friend is doing it for140..it is in the garage now .
                              Got holiday money back from Florida ,to befair cant fault the travel company tui .we now have other plans afoot dependant on the future obviously .
                              hope everyone is well ..will nip in later ..

treegirl hope things are positive with you and yours

Comment

Working...
                              X