Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: International Army Mayl 2020

Hope todays a bit better missus??? ;-)
    Morning MrsA --- what was wrong with you? I take it it wasn't coronavirus?? Still don't know anyone who has/had it!!
    Much cooler this morning -- enjoyed yesterday but jeez it's exhausting all that heat -- much more comfortable -- made millions of babies from my seed plants -- the house is like a garden centre at this stage -- if I could go back and change my life I deffo would have got involved with horticulture or something like that...
    Happy birthday a Mhaíre!!! have a good one... I've a traunch of family birthdays this month - would get away with all of them 'on a promise' after the virus 'cept Jill -- jeSUS -- she's like a 6 year old with birthdays -- guessing we'll have to make some effort!!!
    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Good morning everyone. Hope today is better JC and a very happy birthday Mary. Will be a different one, that’s for sure. Much colder here today but have to say really enjoyed yesterday.

One of the ladies in my crochet class got the Covid and it took about 5 weeks to get back to normal but thankfully she did not need hospitalisation. Somebody in book club said both her son and his pregnant wife had it in March but again both are ok. Hubbys aunt in the UK broke her hip and caught it in hospital and again is fine and now home. Lots of good news stories but others are not so lucky.

Comment

We've got a boatful of birthdays as well in May & June, PTL for on-line deliveries.
        World of Books has been a godsend. They di DVDS as well.

Hideous, appalling and untrue article about teachers in The Mail On Sunday about 'lazy' teachers. Jenny and Ads are exhausted. Ads hasn't seen his children for over two months. Jenny (out of her own money) has had to buy a new lap top.........her old one couldn't cope. She'd be fine with her pupils going back.................never has a class over 10 pupils, her laboratory is huge, plenty of handwashing on tap. Just think if it was PE, In other classes it tops 30 ie: Maths & English.
        She's getting regular migraines and those make her vomit .She's spending upwards of six hours a day gawping at a screen............Who would blame her if she got a doctors to a note to go on the sick for three months......(I've begged her)........the days she's in school (twice a week) she looking after nurses, doctors, cleaners and those on the front line whos childcare has let them down.
        Their head is in every day. Its not just her school. They're backed by the TUC, the medical schools.......they've made the decsion not re-open January...........well if that doesn't say something I don't know what does.
        The good news is her pupils look forward to their lessons, their homework is on time and much to her surprise listening.

Its not a babysitting service.

End of rant.
        It could be worse, I could be filing.
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by rustop59 View Post
          Good morning everyone. Hope today is better JC and a very happy birthday Mary. Will be a different one, that’s for sure. Much colder here today but have to say really enjoyed yesterday.

One of the ladies in my crochet class got the Covid and it took about 5 weeks to get back to normal but thankfully she did not need hospitalisation. Somebody in book club said both her son and his pregnant wife had it in March but again both are ok. Hubbys aunt in the UK broke her hip and caught it in hospital and again is fine and now home. Lots of good news stories but others are not so lucky.
          oops cross-post...........that is good news.

You know we do the clap over here but as well as the NHS I'm doing it for the delivery drivers, post men and women, the shop assistants, the carers, etc those who never thought they would keep us going.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Sorry about that rant, I've climbed off the ceiling and nearly at ohmmmmmmmmmmmomh and peace again.
            I've done what I should have done and e-mailed my Member of Parliament.
            She's a good woman. I'm met a couple of times through work.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

:sorry:osteroops: Did I kill the thread?
              Just popped in to say goodnight anf if you're popping in exhausted from all your birthday hi-jinks [MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION] got up to on her birthday. Kope it was a good 'um............a one to remember and tell tales to your grandchildren.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                Little birdie told me its someone's birthday today.............. [MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION]

Ahhh ! I LOVE it, thank you so much. And thanks for all the good wishes.:heartbeat: I had a lovely day. Early run and back into bed for my official 'breakfast in bed' with all the trimmings. Loved having no agenda. Family called by, but just sang birthday wishes from the garden wrapped up like onions.

AH JC, I hear you on the teachers. Like Jenny, my sister is one of those passionate teachers who can take on the toughest of kids (disadvantaged school) and have, at least some of them, enjoying maths for the first time. My Dads also a retired teacher, so I know the extra hours he used to put into the school. Sadly not all teachers are meant to be teachers and they are the ones that stick out.
                None of our schools are open, but I see a big difference between teachers working remotely. Some are amazing, others, like my daughters maths teacher, has given one assignment in 6 weeks and hasnt even bothered to mark it (thankfully my sister is covering this enormous gap).
                Jenny is doing way more above and beyond the scope of her job, I hope its being recognised.
                AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Peeky Boo!
                  And HAPPY BIRTHDAY Miss Mary

If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                  Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Is everyone as sick as I am of shopping as if you have a gun to your head? Commando rolling from one isle to the next. Using your compact mirror to look around corners and assess the human traffic at 1.5m and closing, before springing into the next isle, doing a reconnaissance then MOVE OUT MOVE OUT! It's exhausting.

I'm doing the full investigation on intermittent fasting tonight after family Zoom [MENTION=4040]fickle[/MENTION]. I notice if I start eating esp sugar, I can't stop - bit like another little problem I've got. Whereas if you put it off a bit, all of a sudden it's lunchtime.

Some selfish little prats have decided they 'can't stand their kids' noise' and need to go back to work early. Of course it doesn't enter their vacuous brains that if they go back to work most of my team have to as well, at least at first. I understand that doing this with kids would be a punish. I really do. But when the implications of your decision is the health of other people and their families, it's just unacceptable. I have been extremely vocal and rather cross, fusty and affronted in manner of middle aged woman. The Women of the MWO Army would have been proud of me I think. It's alright to get their undies in a twist but if they get sick and some poor nurse has to risk herself or himself taking care of their selfish arses. Or they pass it on to their granny, or each other or us...They just drive me mental.
                    Right well thought I'd start the Northern hemisphere day off with a rant.
                    If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                    Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

You're the best Jonesy.

Happy birthday a Mhaíre!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Morning,
                        No, I didn't wet the bed................... I got up early so I can BE A LERT,
                        Unfortunately, we've run out of LERTS so Mr. JC is going to nip into Tesco and see if they've got any left.
                        And now I'm free to exercise anytime I want............... and I've decided on scuba diving and hand gliding he'll have to get me that gear and a Range Rover to cart it all that gear around.
                        Sunbathing will have to wait as its going to snow but I can go anywhere I want to do it, so next door will be in for a surprise when it does happen.

[MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION]..............that was quite a civilised rant.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                          Morning,
                          No, I didn't wet the bed................... I got up early so I can BE A LERT,
                          Unfortunately, we've run out of LERTS so Mr. JC is going to nip into Tesco and see if they've got any left.
                          And now I'm free to exercise anytime I want............... and I've decided on scuba diving and hand gliding he'll have to get me that gear and a Range Rover to cart it all that gear around.
                          Sunbathing will have to wait as its going to snow but I can go anywhere I want to do it, so next door will be in for a surprise when it does happen.

[MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION]..............that was quite a civilised rant.
                          Just don't do any of those aforementioned if you have to get a bus.... Sorry - but that was very confusing -- apparently we can all sail into England from the Republic on trains planes and automobiles without ANY lerts - and so can the French (who I thought yiz all hated ??) - but you can't come here??? There really should be a Masters degree in politicianing for all our leaders!!!!
                          Last edited by mollyka; May 11, 2020, 04:05 AM.

Comment

:hahaha: Laughed out loud at that one Jacks.
                            Your neighbour best be A LERT

I missed Boris's speech - just coming round after work yesterday ..... can yous go anywhere now ?
                            With a bit of luck the herd immunity logic will work this time.
                            It's possible and I think may be a good idea - especially when weather warms up - virus seems to fade away.

Comment

Marnin' Army!!

Mers - Happy, happy birthday to you!! Glad you had a lovely day!

Rant on all you want, [MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION]. The restrictions have been lifted somewhat over here. The stores have opened up today and the high school seniors are back in class. Apparently the new restrictions say that people serving in the stores have to wear masks but that doesn't apply to the customers. WTF? So Mr/Mrs/Ms so and so can just sashay on in here and spread their virus bloody germs all over my store and I'm the one that has to wear the mask to protect them???? Something defo wrong with this picture. Masks are compulsory in supermarkets, pharmacies, on public transportation so why not just everywhere? 6 new cases and no new deaths yesterday. That is how it's been for almost two weeks now - maybe 10 deaths in total. But I think if people suddenly let their guard down and don't take the precautions, that we will be back in quarantine in a month or so. Hopefully not. [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION] among others want to loll on our beaches come summer!! Mind you I don't know what the restrictions will be as far as peeps coming from other countries. Especially if they are countries that still have many active Covid-19 cases. Pls don't bring yer germs over here!!!

Anyway - its a warm day - was 20C when I was driving to work just before 8 am. Lovely. [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION] - you could do any of the sports you want to here right now. My Mom and sister had snow yesterday and the day before in Canada. The weather is mental.

Hoping you're all enjoying your day. Don't forget to do something for yourselves. Orf I go...................

For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                              AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

There'll be no one flying off anywhere from Ireland this year Stirly.. well no one in the workforce anyway cos we'd have to self isolate for 2 weeks when we come back ..so unless you want to use all your A/L for a quick hop to somewhere...AND sitting on a plane for hours with God knows who...nah..we will stick to our beautiful country for now thanks very much!!
                                Just booked hotels for August..prob have to cancel but nice to have a little dream!!

Comment

Working...
                                X