Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: International Army Mayl 2020

Just made a coffee , anyone want one.
    [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION].................tbh haven't a clue. Can't go to Scotland or Wales or NI (they have their own parliaments) their stance is 'Stay Home. Stay Safe' and they're sticking to it. We can't go anywhere.........unless you're eejit or an MP.
    And truthfully it what little I could bear to watch ..........it was the babble of a man caught in the headlights while with someone else's wife and puked up garbage. Even the mild mannered Mr. JC's jaw dropped to the floor.

Why they've said the French can come in is anyone's guess.

But if you're Irish you can get a ferry to Plymoouth................drive down the the Tunnel to France and then Europe's your own. But then you've got to come home and self isolate for two weeks.

I've shared something on FB. Wouldn't want to put in on here.
    Last edited by JackieClaire; May 11, 2020, 06:42 AM.
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

I'm guessing the French thing has to be cos of the Tunnel? They have to keep it open? and the land border with Norn Iron and us - - maybe that's why we are persona grata?? I think (world-wide) if we have seen countries winging it to shut the place down it'll be in the ha'penny place to the opening up!! Should separate the men from the boys.. unfortunately there'll be fall-out --one of our economists here (ages ago) suggested handing the world over to the under 40's for a while - they are at little risk from the virus and it'll get them to step up to run things.... have to say - can't see much wrong with that -- in our little teenchy country alone there are half a million under 35's who don't live with older people - so no risk there - who are eligible to work -- even to get them out there surely would help the economy of a 5 million population --
      Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
      contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Evening all,
        Happy Birthday Mary! Glad you had a lovely day :balloons:
        Yesterday was Mothers’ Day here. The day before the youngest Ficklette had helped me move the furniture so I could wash the wooden floors and she did a lot of cleaning as well as a mother’s day treat as she was busy on the day. The other two gave me a fitbit and we had a lovely day, the house was glowing and smelling nice. Was cosy in bed by 10pm thinking what a lovely day when the phone rang and it was youngest’s boyfriend begging could I please come over as she’s hurt herself and I can hear her caterwauling in the backgound and he’s in a panic. Off I go to the rescue. When I got there, he had 3 hysterical girls there all drunk out of their minds, carrying on like pork chops. He’d arrived to find them that way. I had to find out what they had drank/ taken, was anyone going to turn blue and need emergency… everyone was bawling their eyes out so we had to take charge, give them something to vomit into, get them all breathing deeply and calm down, get their wet clothes off, get them into bed.. my daughter had broken her collarbone somehow but I couldn’t take her to emergency in hysterics or leave the others. This morning I took her in and she’s got surgery early tomorrow. Collarbone broke into 3 pieces.. some teenage shenanigans I guess and a fall, with friend falling on top of her which did the trick. Am really worried for her but Hospo staff says they always have a backlog of fractures on Mondays. Just business as usual for them. :egad:

Comment

Haha I just realised its midday there and 10pm here
          Bridget, if you are watching stuff on intermittent fasting, this is a very good listen: YouTube
          Kids have gone Keto again so I have as well.. its just easier if we are all on the same diet.
          I have always had a sugar addiction which made me extremely hungry all the time. I find if I quit sugar and go keto, that addiction goes away and so does the hunger. It gives me so much control over it I hardly konw myself. Deff worth a try if you have same issue
          Last edited by fickle; May 11, 2020, 07:24 AM.

Comment

[MENTION=11158]stirly-girly[/MENTION] .... When Michael O'Leary starts flying - I'll be there in Greece in Sept ...... I'm disease free
            If they won't let me go through Engerland to get to Keffallonia ..... I'll shift the booking to Crete....

If I didn't catch it mixing with all the old folk - with Dementia and casual relationship with hand hygiene - I'm never going to get it.
            I predict Sept / October will see us flying again...

Comment

Originally posted by fickle View Post
              Evening all,
              Happy Birthday Mary! Glad you had a lovely day :balloons:
              Yesterday was Mothers’ Day here. The day before the youngest Ficklette had helped me move the furniture so I could wash the wooden floors and she did a lot of cleaning as well as a mother’s day treat as she was busy on the day. The other two gave me a fitbit and we had a lovely day, the house was glowing and smelling nice. Was cosy in bed by 10pm thinking what a lovely day when the phone rang and it was youngest’s boyfriend begging could I please come over as she’s hurt herself and I can hear her caterwauling in the backgound and he’s in a panic. Off I go to the rescue. When I got there, he had 3 hysterical girls there all drunk out of their minds, carrying on like pork chops. He’d arrived to find them that way. I had to find out what they had drank/ taken, was anyone going to turn blue and need emergency… everyone was bawling their eyes out so we had to take charge, give them something to vomit into, get them all breathing deeply and calm down, get their wet clothes off, get them into bed.. my daughter had broken her collarbone somehow but I couldn’t take her to emergency in hysterics or leave the others. This morning I took her in and she’s got surgery early tomorrow. Collarbone broke into 3 pieces.. some teenage shenanigans I guess and a fall, with friend falling on top of her which did the trick. Am really worried for her but Hospo staff says they always have a backlog of fractures on Mondays. Just business as usual for them. :egad:
              [MENTION=4040]fickle[/MENTION] - Jesus woman - never a dull moment.
              But teenage shenanigans ? 3 drunk teens & a broken collarbone ?
              Were you as calm as you sound ? :egad:

Comment

Originally posted by fickle View Post

Kids have gone Keto again so I have as well.. its just easier if we are all on the same diet.
                I have always had a sugar addiction which made me extremely hungry all the time. I find if I quit sugar and go keto, that addiction goes away and so does the hunger. It gives me so much control over it I hardly konw myself. Deff worth a try if you have same issue
                [MENTION=4040]fickle[/MENTION] - you do IF & Keto together ?
                Tell me the basics of Keto - I've read all about it but seems SO difficult. Getting into Ketosis all the time
                Is the diet all protein & fat ? No fruit?

Comment

Wedding off till July 2021 - kinda relieved 'cos we had lost all momentum after the initial flurry of Dress - shoes etc.
                  She said she couldn't cope with a pared back wedding day - they want a proper party.
                  They want a fun, touchy feely celebration - and none of the social distancing shite.

So my MOB dress & shoes ( 2 pairs & gold flip flops) are going into mothballs with maybe SOME hope of getting into it all in 12 months :thumbsup:

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                    @fickle - you do IF & Keto together ?
                    Tell me the basics of Keto - I've read all about it but seems SO difficult. Getting into Ketosis all the time
                    Is the diet all protein & fat ? No fruit?
                    IF is easier if you're eating a low-carb or keto diet. For many people who eat keto, they naturally fast because they aren't hungry for hours. A keto diet primes the body to burn fat and we all carry enough of it around with us to go for quite awhile w/o eating. I don't eat a keto diet, just low carb, but I would switch to one in a minute if I were diagnosed with cancer or any neurologic disease. Interestingly, it used to be the treatment for epilepsy before drugs were identified. It still works but of course is pretty hard on kids to follow.

I agree with you [MENTION=4040]fickle[/MENTION], that Dr Fung is a great source of information on the topic. He has helped so many people with severe kidney disease due to diabetes. He's a man on a mission!

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                      Wedding off till July 2021 - kinda relieved 'cos we had lost all momentum after the initial flurry of Dress - shoes etc.
                      She said she couldn't cope with a pared back wedding day - they want a proper party.
                      They want a fun, touchy feely celebration - and none of the social distancing shite.

So my MOB dress & shoes ( 2 pairs & gold flip flops) are going into mothballs with maybe SOME hope of getting into it all in 12 months :thumbsup:
                      Evening everyone. Think that’s a good idea Satz, takes a lot of pressure off everyone. Glad you enjoyed your day Mary, even though challenging time it has its advantages. We are not under the same pressure to run around doing stuff.

Bet you are very proud of yourself Fickle. No way would you be able to deal with all that if still drinking. Rant away JC, you have every reason to be annoyed on behalf of your baby. Waves to everyone else.

Comment

[MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION].............some sad news for us Monty fans.
                        Gardeners' World: Monty Don reveals golden retriever Nigel has died - BBC News
                        [MENTION=4040]fickle[/MENTION].............streuth, you've been through the wars.
                        [MENTION=24493]outofchances[/MENTION] ..........haven't seen you about, bonny lad, are you okay?

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]...........wise decision by the bride to be. You'll get a proper knees up. Just let me know when I need to get my hat out of the lot.

Sorry for the short post, just nodded off on the settee.............just woke up and didn't know where I was, drooled on a cushion and it was hard to peel off. got a stiff neck and feel a tad sickly.
                        It could be worse, I could be filing.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by NoSugar View Post
                          IF is easier if you're eating a low-carb or keto diet. For many people who eat keto, they naturally fast because they aren't hungry for hours. A keto diet primes the body to burn fat and we all carry enough of it around with us to go for quite awhile w/o eating. I don't eat a keto diet, just low carb, but I would switch to one in a minute if I were diagnosed with cancer or any neurologic disease. Interestingly, it used to be the treatment for epilepsy before drugs were identified. It still works but of course is pretty hard on kids to follow.

I agree with you [MENTION=4040]fickle[/MENTION], that Dr Fung is a great source of information on the topic. He has helped so many people with severe kidney disease due to diabetes. He's a man on a mission!
                          Thanks NS. Sounds great .....
                          So if I were to decide to take a stab at Keto - who is best to get starter infor ? Dr Fung?

Comment

Hey, Satz. The Diet Doctor website has tons of information on the subject as well as recipes. I have the app and use it to at least get an idea of something to make! I am not one of those people who has been inspired to cook during quarantine and I'm not feeling too creative. So, the recipes on that site and app help. Take care, NS

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                              [MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION].............some sad news for us Monty fans.
                              Gardeners' World: Monty Don reveals golden retriever Nigel has died - BBC News
                              [MENTION=4040]fickle[/MENTION].............streuth, you've been through the wars.
                              [MENTION=24493]outofchances[/MENTION] ..........haven't seen you about, bonny lad, are you okay?

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]...........wise decision by the bride to be. You'll get a proper knees up. Just let me know when I need to get my hat out of the lot.

Sorry for the short post, just nodded off on the settee.............just woke up and didn't know where I was, drooled on a cushion and it was hard to peel off. got a stiff neck and feel a tad sickly.

I'm here!! I've been up and down like a yoyo the last few days, mostly down. This relationship stuff is really doing my head in to extent that I'm keeping away. I can't listen to some of the stuff anymore. I mean I get that they've had enough of me for a while, but the goalposts keep shifting. I just don't know where the boundaries are and I just don't like being told not to talk about any aspect of myself. I can't behave like a stranger in my own house. And evem though I've wronged them greatly to be told that none of them really care how I am is just cutting. Is it necessary to tell me that? I know what I've done.

So it's hard to start loving yourself when your constantly being told your a bad person who no one wants to be around. But I have to ignore and discount a lot of whats being said. I'm slowly accepting that maybe it is time to move on from that relationship and its probably just very toxic for both of us. Life goes on I suppose. I need a few minutes to catch up on this thread now

Comment

Hi Chancer - I suspect you are right. You are moving on with a new life and constant put downs with reminders of your old life are not needed.
                                As was said here before you need to concentrate on you first before others and that can be hard for family but it has to be done.

So I would say - and this is just gut instinct - best to stay away & stop trying to fix the relationships until you feel stronger.

Comment

Working...
                                X