Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: International Army Mayl 2020

Originally posted by NoSugar View Post
    Hey, Satz. The Diet Doctor website has tons of information on the subject as well as recipes. I have the app and use it to at least get an idea of something to make! I am not one of those people who has been inspired to cook during quarantine and I'm not feeling too creative. So, the recipes on that site and app help. Take care, NS
    Thanks NS - now I remember The Diet Doctor website :thumbs:
    I've forgotten a lot of my previous go to places for info - so time to get back to basics.

Comment

They've taken away my delete option :eek-new:
      Last edited by satz123; May 12, 2020, 07:33 AM. Reason: Duplicate - delete option gone :o(

Comment

Three weeks after diagnosis, this pensioner is back to normal after beating the COVID-19 virus.
        From Dublin : Josephine Silo (103)

Comment

Good morning Army from a very warm Greece. Supposed to go up to 31C by midday!!

Originally posted by outofchances View Post
          I'm here!! I've been up and down like a yoyo the last few days, mostly down. This relationship stuff is really doing my head in to extent that I'm keeping away. I can't listen to some of the stuff anymore. I mean I get that they've had enough of me for a while, but the goalposts keep shifting. I just don't know where the boundaries are and I just don't like being told not to talk about any aspect of myself. I can't behave like a stranger in my own house. And evem though I've wronged them greatly to be told that none of them really care how I am is just cutting. Is it necessary to tell me that? I know what I've done.

So it's hard to start loving yourself when your constantly being told your a bad person who no one wants to be around. But I have to ignore and discount a lot of whats being said. I'm slowly accepting that maybe it is time to move on from that relationship and its probably just very toxic for both of us. Life goes on I suppose. I need a few minutes to catch up on this thread now
          Chancer - first of all - great job on staying sober!! Putting your sobriety and, as Satzy said, yourself first, need to be your priorities at the moment. As the days pile up and you continue in your new life, one day you will look in the mirror and say to yourself - I'm doing it!! And you will smile. You will start to like, respect and eventually learn to love this new person who has emerged. It's not a small feat to get and stay sober and to turn your life around. You should be proud of every single day you turn your back on AL. When your family starts to see that you are committed to staying sober and see the changes in you, slowly they will start to respect you again. But it will take time. Right now they are going through the angry stages and will "lash" out with comments perhaps to hurt you or probably to remind you what effect your drinking had on them. It will hurt you but the things they say are a part of your past. Leave them there. As you regain their respect and love, your relationships will change. At least with your children. How you and Mrs. C deal with your personal relationship, that is something to look at down the line. As Satz said, take care of yourself. Then, at some point, you can start to "take care" of the other things. Again, well done on staying sober!!!
          Originally posted by satz123 View Post
          [MENTION=11158]stirly-girly[/MENTION] .... When Michael O'Leary starts flying - I'll be there in Greece in Sept ...... I'm disease free
          If they won't let me go through Engerland to get to Keffallonia ..... I'll shift the booking to Crete....

I predict Sept / October will see us flying again...
          If you manage Crete - I will come and meet up with you this time. With bells on!!!

[MENTION=4040]fickle[/MENTION] - jaysus, what a mess!! Hope all is well with your daughter. Just out of curiosity - how old are these kids? Teenagers range from 13 to 18? Just wondering....

Waves to anyone I haven't mentioned

Hope you all have a great day....!!!
          For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
          AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
            Three weeks after diagnosis, this pensioner is back to normal after beating the COVID-19 virus.
            From Dublin : Josephine Silo (103)

Seriously think there must be something in the blood of these Irish"seniors". In other countries so many older people have died. In Ireland it seems they just bounce right back. And quickly, too.!! So good to hear.....

Comment

Morning,

[MENTION=24493]outofchances[/MENTION].............good to see you this morning. Each and every day you stay sober is your way of showing that you are doing your very best.
              Its early on in my sobriety....... around about 3 months can't be exact............that I actually had actually threw the biggest hissy fit. I was sick and tired of the digs and the reminders of what it was like to live with me. The odd thing is I was I knew I was horrible to live with (tbh I hated myself more than they hated me) and well aware that it would take years to earn my families trust again...........I didn't need it shoved in my face every ten minutes................so I blew. It wasn't pretty but luckily they liistened.
              I'm not advising you start bawling and shouting, there is no time line you can offer them. You're good with words so I suggest a letter.
              Enjoy the days that you feel good, there's no shame in that. Learn how to cope with the bad days.............I used to take myself to bed with a book........but I doubt your employers would allow thay
              It could be worse, I could be filing.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

There's something in the blood of the elders.............perhaps a vaccine
                Pa-in-law is already making a birthday present list for his birthday in July.............he'll be 91. Ma-in-law is looking up how long she'll get for manslaughter as she's fed up to the back teeth with him...........she's 95.

Bess had a phone check-up with the Vet........she's 15 and three-quarters today. Obviuoly Mr. JC did the talking. She's stiff around the joints but she's doing well onher hideously expensive medication.

Oh and good news, Ads is seeing his daughter for the first time in 10 weeks today. :happy2:
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                  There's something in the blood of the elders.............perhaps a vaccine
                  Pa-in-law is already making a birthday present list for his birthday in July.............he'll be 91. Ma-in-law is looking up how long she'll get for manslaughter as she's fed up to the back teeth with him...........she's 95.

Bess had a phone check-up with the Vet........she's 15 and three-quarters today. Obviuoly Mr. JC did the talking. She's stiff around the joints but she's doing well onher hideously expensive medication.

Oh and good news, Ads is seeing his daughter for the first time in 10 weeks today. :happy2:
                  First of all - glad that Ads and his wee lassie get to have a visit. We all know about Daddies and their little girls!!

Secondly - do you give Bess Glucosamine? It is supposed to help a lot although it does take a couple of weeks before you see results. Damn, I hate it when our fur babies get older....

What date is PIL's birthday? Me Mam will be 90 on July 29th!! I had been toying with the idea of going to Canada for the celebration but I think that's out of the question now...
                  Last edited by stirly-girly; May 12, 2020, 05:57 AM.

Comment

[MENTION=11158]stirly-girly[/MENTION]....................his is the 28th.
                    Sure we've got some of them. Mr JC takes something like that for his aches and pains, but they're on the top shelf. I'll wait 'til he comes out of his 'office'

I swear I'll drop down dead with shock one day when he saunters into the room and I've forgotten he's not in his real office.

Had to get her from next door's back garden......she's obviously bored with us and was having a snuffle around. The bloke next door had left his gate open when he was doing the bins.
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post

Had to get her from next door's back garden......she's obviously bored with us and was having a snuffle around. The bloke next door had left his gate open when he was doing the bins.
                      :heartbeat:Love that doggie:heartbeat:

Comment

Afternoon all --- I agree with Jackie on the early months in sobriety and relationships --- there is so much anger and sadness built up in everyone -- and WE may know 'this is it' - but those who love us don't --- they don't trust us one tiny little jot -- they are afraid of letting down their defences and then WHAM it's all thrown back in their faces. Time is all you have really MrChancer -- work on yourself in that time -- and the world -- YOUR world will start beginning to let you back in again:heartbeat: but it takes patience - you and all of us here are the ones that caused the unhappiness and trouble -- and it's going to take more than weeks or a few months to sort that out. But it will -- and then in time - YOU can decide if your relationship is what YOU want.. that's for another day -- but you are so doing the right thing right now xx
                        Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                        contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Good afternoon Some great posts and great advice Molly, Jackie and Stirly. It is such hard work but so wonderful to be your authentic self.
                          Weather here gone downhill and I am still feeling rough-- It isn't the virus it is probably a kind of depression and I am going to try some relaxation stuff.
                          Sorry to have missed your birthday Mary--I hope you had a great lockdown day.

Comment

Hope today sees everyone well. Lovely and sunny here in Cork with a cool breeze. That's sound advice given from all of you as always so thanks. I found myself in an online meeting at half past midnight last night with a load from over the pond. It was quite helpful and it was nice to feel sort of connected to people.

I suppose I'm struggling with consistency - I'm trying to follow the advice I'm given but it hasn't quite stuck yet. But I'm thinking I just have to give it time. I'm calling down to my parents today and I really don't want too because I'm not feeling great, but I also want too because I'm not feeling great. I've decided to give my wife and kids a wide berth for a few days at least - even though there is a fear in the back of my mind that this might not go down to well. But its what I need to do for me right now (health warning - I might flip on this within the next few hours but for now that's the decision)

Comment

You know - all that mind changing and mood changing and uncertainty -- it's absolutely ALL part of early recovery -- it's hard to 'know' our minds when we haven't truly 'known' our minds for a long time -- I'm sober a few years now - but I'm still finding out little things about myself - even tho I didn't drink dangerously for my whole adult life - I did drink - it was my go-to thing - so rarely processed extreme emotions without some input from the grog along the way -- happy - yeah we'll have a glass - sad - same - depressed - same - worried - same.. and I'm also still finding out small things about my partner of 42 years - which is bizarre... but true!! so yeah - how you're feeling is really normal -- and as far as possible try not to react to what you may perceive to be criticism or 'downing' -- just try and manage yourself... that's all you can and should do at the moment.. xx
                              Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                              contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Originally posted by stirly-girly View Post
                                Seriously think there must be something in the blood of these Irish"seniors". In other countries so many older people have died. In Ireland it seems they just bounce right back. And quickly, too.!! So good to hear.....
                                I met a lovely man once and he reckoned that in the wake of the Great Famine that almost wiped out the Irish population - those who didn't die or go on the boats to US - were very hardy and their descendants are still here.
                                So takes a lot to kill them

Comment

Working...
                                X