International Army Mayl 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: International Army Mayl 2020

Morning Army - awake at Sparrow-fart today - typical - my day off !

News from my mother's doctor is on re-test she's tested positive having tested negative last week.
    I really don't understand this testing lark at all. She was positive then negative now positive again ?
    No symptoms :egad:

Call me suspicious but ..... I have a feeling we are not getting the whole story from them. Is it possible to get re-infected?

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
      Morning Army - awake at Sparrow-fart today - typical - my day off !

News from my mother's doctor is on re-test she's tested positive having tested negative last week.
      I really don't understand this testing lark at all. She was positive then negative now positive again ?
      No symptoms :egad:

Call me suspicious but ..... I have a feeling we are not getting the whole story from them. Is it possible to get re-infected?
      Mornin' Satzeroo and all to come!!!

Um, I'm not a doctor or medical person at all but I wonder if she could get reinfected if her body didn't have time to build up antibodies to the virus after the first infection. Just a thought. Older people's systems may take longer to do something like that. I dunno...

How is YS's knee? Does he have to wear the brace for long. Not something to be taken lightly I think, a knee injury. Hope he recovers soon.

Up pretty early myself here. They have finally decided to get someone to trim the garden. zzz zzz zzz Weed cutter. ZZZ ZZZ ZZZ Tree trimmer. At least the garden now looks decent and hopefully any reptiles that could have hidden in the tall grass and weeds will take themselves elsewhere! Another beautiful day here in Stirly-World. Love this time of year. Warm and sunny, not too hot. No flies or mosquitoes yet. Wild flowers in bloom. Heaven....

Where is the [MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION] wan??????
      Last edited by stirly-girly; May 2, 2020, 02:30 AM.
      For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
      AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Morning...that's harsh Benjy...I've heard that they think people who were asymptomatic or had a very light dose may not have had enough viral load to protect them...now I'm not sure if that's a Trump nonsense or whether there's any 'science' behind it..but I did read it somewhere!!
        Life has taken on a whole new meaning now that I'm going to be gainfully employed again soon...Will enjoy the next wee while but done enough housewifey stuff
        Lovely here today as well Stirly...not too warm but lovely and sunny
        Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
        contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Morning folks. Hope all is well. Back to work today and I'm glad of it. The change of scenery is very welcome. I'm struggling with motivation of any kind. I'm not really sleeping very well. My thoughts start racing at night time, and then I'm waking up very early. I think I need to do more about my mental health than just taking anti depressants. I'm hoping the easing of restrictions is going to make life a bit easier. I know I'm on a downer at the minute, and I need to make sure it doesn't get any worse. I'm spending the majority of time on my own and I'm just not used to it. I'm being hard on myself too - it's a very hard habit to break. I'm very bored.

I'm sorry to complain, but I need too vent. I feel like screaming to be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by outofchances View Post
            Morning folks. Hope all is well. Back to work today and I'm glad of it. The change of scenery is very welcome. I'm struggling with motivation of any kind. I'm not really sleeping very well. My thoughts start racing at night time, and then I'm waking up very early. I think I need to do more about my mental health than just taking anti depressants. I'm hoping the easing of restrictions is going to make life a bit easier. I know I'm on a downer at the minute, and I need to make sure it doesn't get any worse. I'm spending the majority of time on my own and I'm just not used to it. I'm being hard on myself too - it's a very hard habit to break. I'm very bored.

I'm sorry to complain, but I need too vent. I feel like screaming to be honest.
            So much of what you says resonates with me - I was in an exceedingly privileged position to have been able to spend 28 days working on ME... in treatment -- it was amazing.. and I learnt a lot there.. one of the first things was that I needed to start loving myself - being proud of what I was doing every day - … sleep was an issue for me - a big one - I was never a great sleeper and tbh still am not... but I put on wireless earphones at night and I put on history books to listen to -- I know someone else who just puts white noise - blocks out those worries at 3am -- that sort of thing... there are lots of tools - but the main thing is to become at peace with yourself - and look - there's a lot going on behind the scenes for you as well - it's not as 'simple' as quitting drink - but actually -- it is... for now... it is... truly everything else needs to be put on hold until you can deal with 'stuff' -- I remember being told to 'put all my worries on a barge going down a canal' -- and now and again -- stop that barge - look at a worry - and think 'can I deal with this now?' ' do I NEED to deal with this now?' -- if the answer is no to either of those - put them back on the barge till another day - maybe when you feel a bit stronger

There is nothing more important right now than quitting alcohol..... if you feel things are a mess now -- just truly imagine -- like literally imagine the mess it would all be if you go back to drinking...

You truly are doing great - just don't try and solve the problems of the world in one day xx

Comment

truly everything else needs to be put on hold until you can deal with 'stuff' -- I remember being told to 'put all my worries on a barge going down a canal' -- and now and again -- stop that barge - look at a worry - and think 'can I deal with this now?' ' do I NEED to deal with this now?' -- if the answer is no to either of those - put them back on the barge till another day - maybe when you feel a bit stronger

There is nothing more important right now than quitting alcohol..... if you feel things are a mess now -- just truly imagine -- like literally imagine the mess it would all be if you go back to drinking...
              :applause2: Well said Mollerooney.

Whoever I was talking to at the time was less poetic.
              They said : you can't shoot more than one rabbit at a time. So pick the one you know you can shoot first.

YS (young Satz) sounds exactly like you. When bored he drinks. Not sure what he expects of life .... but I know drinking will not get it. He ends up hungover & still bored
              When he is sober he takes on the world - exercise - work - interviews - dealing with tax issues : NONE of them come to fruition. And he's back on the booze because he gets overwhelmed.

No sleep & lack of motivation are part of the system adjusting to the lack of alcohol. Low blood sugar.
              All you have to do for now is do not drink & work so hard you will sleep like a log ..... get a bit of exercise too .... eat nice things ....
              If it's any consolation no one these days is having an exciting life - so you are not alone in that.
              Last edited by satz123; May 2, 2020, 05:07 AM.

Comment

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION], what a mess........there's false negatives, false positives, faulty testing, we can be re-invected or we can't...........its blooming endless.
                We can now get an app that tells us who has had it near us or who hasn't.............can you tell I'm tad pissed off.
                There's a terrible climb in domestic abuse and that saddens me.
                .......can you tell I'm tad pissed off.

But reguardless she's your Mum, and you love her...........in fact can I adopt her as mine. Ask the buggers to put it in simple words .................why!
                It could be worse, I could be filing.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Deep breaths and casting off the anger and frustration.

Actually 30 days was a bummer for me...

[MENTION=24493]outofchances[/MENTION]...........years ago I got a relaxtion CD by Glenn Harrold...........honestly I hated it at first. But I finally got the rhythm .This last week or so I've listened to it every day and I can feel not totally relaxed but much calmer. Its on my phone now.

The 7 Best Relaxation Apps You Need To Wind Down | Fueled
                  AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
                    not terrible sure tbh! the old folks who weren't locked in anyways are now unlocked - and we can walk 5k - which doesn't bring us to the Naul Skerries Swords or anywhere achully that 2k wouldn't get us STILL no idea when I'm going back to work - and now I'm being told by a man in Ullapool that he needs my 140 euros more than I do despite the fact he's closed his hotel and taken my money...…………….. other than that --- ALL'S GRAND:hugesmile:
                    Ha ha you still make me laugh! Mia came home with stories of a lovely woman who magically knew who she was! Thank you for that!

How the hell are ya JC? That made me laugh too!

Hi Rusty! HI Mary!! Fickler!!!! Good to see you!
                    “Somewhere beyond right and wrong, there is a garden. I will meet you there.”

― Rumi

Comment

Mia is a little sweetheart -- she hasn't changed a day from the first time I saw her -- unmistakeable !!

Comment

morning mad people ...hope yiz are all well..out of..find yourself an interest ...infact a few ..cosyou will soon get bored with just doing the same thing ...thats no reflection on you thats yoomanz in general speshully when you are giving up booze..asyou can see..my speshulist subect is english langwige....seriously tho ..stick in you can do it
                        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

[MENTION=22597]one2many2[/MENTION]....despiye my little rant today I'm okay.
                          Our Jenny's a teacher now............gave up on hospitality a salary of £40k to teach Chemistry & Physics.............happy as cab be with Buddy the Beagle and living with a Viking look alike called Adam who's head of Biology at another school.............all three of my least favourite subjects at school........well tbh didn't like anything at school but they were the top three.

The S&H got married last year so I'm a mother-inlaw. He's fecking 32 this year to think he was just 21 when I started posting here.

Gawd, to think the highest thing on my agenda this time last year was a fecking hat for the nuptials and whether my heels were bigger than the bride's mother.:eek-new:
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

[MENTION=17668]Mick[/MENTION]......hello there.
                            The S&H has got an airfix of The Titanic...........of course I asked him if he was going to sink it in the bath.
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

[MENTION=6243]OneTooMany[/MENTION]
                              Oney sorry - excuse my manners - HELLO !! :yay:

Delira you've given up the grog - it ain't worth the aggravation :hug:
                              Last edited by satz123; May 2, 2020, 09:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                                [MENTION=17668]Mick[/MENTION]......hello there.
                                The S&H has got an airfix of The Titanic...........of course I asked him if he was going to sink it in the bath.
                                thats just exactly what I need ....no not the Titanic ....a hairfix......
                                af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Working...
                                X