International Army Mayl 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: International Army Mayl 2020

late afternoon check in! Hiya everyone--- just watching the Downing Street briefing! Scary stuff

Comment

Didnt hear your briefing yet Brit.. We had ours last night, then the Taoiseach appeared on our Friday night talk show. I do feel a bit more positive now, that theres a plan and some light at the end of this tunnel. Hows Mr A doing?

I was looking forward to a lovely lie-in this morning, then 8am, Mr M is out in the garden with a chainsaw.. FFS. We all lost the plot with him.. but he thought this was really funny..
      Had a bbq tonight, like you Rustop. Feels like summer now.

Hows the new job [MENTION=4040]fickle[/MENTION]? is it back to your old one, did you say? Are you working from home too?
      [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION], cant remember the details, but small wedding will be allowed in one of the later phases. Has DS + future SIL make any decisions?

Great posts today. Chancer, did you follow up on the employee assistance ?
      AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Late check in here. Had busy day helping daughter with horse duties. Just sitting down now with cup of tea and going to have a read back. Night all.

Comment

Hi evabody, Hola Oney!

Hope you're all going ok.

Danny Trejo said to me once - 'G man, if you're bored, you're boring'. Of course i disagreed till i thought about it.

Class Central • #1 Search Engine for Free Online Courses & MOOCs

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Late check in for moi as well,
            Having a Randy Rainbow/ACDC/Who/Lynyrd Skynyrd/Greenday..........obviously Bad Company, ..................You Tube evening..........all at volume 11. Of course.

@ Guitarista................my Nana used to say the same to me and my cousins.

Although I did glaze over a tad looking at Dyson cleaners this afternoon.
            It could be worse, I could be filing.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post

Although I did glaze over a tad looking at Dyson cleaners this afternoon.
              Funny you should mention Dyson Jacks ........ MrS is having a week of breaking things. His idea then is to just leave it - 'cos he won't even try to fix it.
              So this week thanks to the interweb I've fixed the washing machine (it just stopped). I got on website , entered make & there was a troubleshooting guide :yay: There was about 1.50 in pennies, 3 golf tees, 3 paper clips & a black doggies poo bag in the outlet yoke at the bottom

My Dyson - my favourite thing - cordless & upright he managed to snap the 'stick' part in half.
              He says "we'll use the other one." which is big old heavy heap of junk - Jesus .....
              I went on to Dyson website & got a replacement 'stick' and it arrived this morning.

Before being at home so much he would have just left it there & hoped it'd fix itself.
              I also fixed the kit hen clock ....

So proud of my DIY skills ...... try doing all that & worry where the next drink is coming from .....
              Last edited by satz123; May 2, 2020, 04:31 PM.

Comment

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]......ooh that's interesting to know that you can get replacement bits...........we had one of the very first and I :heartbeat: it. Got a Vax one that needs emptying every two minutes, the cord is so long I could vac the stairs over the road, nearly choked Bess, and I've run over the cable so many times and its got lots of little mends on it..........I keep thinking I'll go up in blue smoke.

So, are you going to start a new career as a handywoman.......cash in hand obviously?
                Last edited by JackieClaire; May 2, 2020, 04:47 PM.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Morning folks,
                  [MENTION=24493]outofchances[/MENTION] I was thinking of you last night because I have been through some pretty hard times where I had exactly the feelings you describe with thoughts racing at night time, inability to sleep. It was described to me that my ‘fight flight’ mechanism was in overdrive. My brain was trying to keep me safe. Even after working hard to distract myself from scary negative thoughts for hours by watching movies etc, as soon as I was in bed, asleep and ‘relaxed’ my brain would wake me up saying ‘this is serious.. what can we do to fix this / keep safe, etc’ and I would go into a vortex of panic thoughts, heart pounding, etc. My thoughts would go over and over the problems trying to find a way out.. I felt like I had an irresolvable problem I needed to solve if only I could find the solution.. it felt like a panic attack in the middle of the night. I would have all the symptoms of fear and threat. This is called ‘rumination’ and common where we have been under a lot of stress and have a cortisol overload. You can google cortisol, its nasty stuff. A psychologist hooked me up to a heart monitor so I could see my bio feedback on a screen. He asked me to describe my thoughts and you could see my heartrate crazily zigzagging on the screen as I described what I was thinking in the middle of the night. He then had me do a couple minutes of eyes closed, focus on my breath, then think about a person or pet I am extremely grateful to have in my life. After a minute or two he said open your eyes and look at the screen. I had completely calmed myself and had tears of love running down my face. Through this and other techniques I learned to control my panic attacks in the middle of the night. I got an app called smiling mind. There are lots of different apps to choose from but I liked this guy’s voice. It is simple and in five minutes I could calm myself out of the panic. I didn’t always sleep after but it stopped the panic thought loop. I can’t always listen to too much meditation stuff as it makes me want to scream. Its like being told to calm down when you are angry. So sometimes after the 5 minute breathing thing, I shift over to a podcast or an audio book. I love a guy called Phillip Adams who has an extremely soporific voice and is a beautiful soul (google ‘abc rn in bed with phillip’). These are just my tools, there are many more out there you can find. Look for someone whose voice and accent you like and that doesn’t have annoying music. My brother suffers insomnia and said the moment he decided to stop worrying about not sleeping, everything became easier. He wakes up in the middle of the night and plays a little bit of civilization (a game) then goes back to sleep. I also often play a silly little game or do a jigsaw puzzle on my phone while I’m listening at 3am as another distraction. I gradually got better and better at managing this night terror until it went away entirely. Anyway, just some thoughts I hope might help you through. All the books in my signature block are available as audiobooks online (all audible except the biology of desire which is on googleplay). The upward spiral is all about mental health. Don't forget you are doing great! :hug:
                  Last edited by fickle; May 2, 2020, 06:21 PM.

Comment

Made these biscuits this afternoon... easy and not bad
                    Currant butter biscuits
                    Last edited by fickle; May 3, 2020, 05:24 AM.

Comment

They sound nice [MENTION=4040]fickle[/MENTION]! Nice to see you keeping busy. I've signed up for a free trial on audible and I've gotten the first 2 books on that list - so I'm going to start listening to them tomorrow.

I'm feeling a bit better now. It's all tied up in being separated from my family. My wife is quite depressed as you can imagine, and despite it partially being as a result of my behaviour , it kills me that I can't help her though it. I got a message later in the day telling me she had gone out for a bit and was feeling better. This is an age old pattern. If she feels bad, I feel terrible. I can't relax and get quite anxious until I see her doing better. It's messed up. When I'm away from her I just get terrible anxiety. I'm too dependant on her I suppose.

Comment

deleted - double post
                        Last edited by outofchances; May 3, 2020, 05:44 AM.

Comment

[MENTION=24493]outofchances[/MENTION]..........the site is ver slow at the moment............its happeneing all over the boards.
                          Bacinabit. Just stuck a bit f gammon in coke and watching it doesm't boil over.
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

One of my son's is having grave difficulties with his relationship which sounds very similar to yours Chancer...they were apart for a few weeks but she was non-functional and he wasn't much better..very hard to know what to do..they make each other unhappy a lot of the time together..tough...
                            Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                            contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
                              One of my son's is having grave difficulties with his relationship which sounds very similar to yours Chancer...they were apart for a few weeks but she was non-functional and he wasn't much better..very hard to know what to do..they make each other unhappy a lot of the time together..tough...
                              That sounds about right. The way I describe is that when it's good it's great, but when it's bad it's terrible.

Comment

I'm finding it hard today to get motivated and there's a lot of anxiety mixed in there. Had a smashing day yesterday and feel I'm paying the price...........if that makes any sense.

Jenny sent me this so I think its time I started reading it.

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
                                ah, Molls pet, its so hard to watch and keep your gob shut. :hug:
                                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X