X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: International Army Mayl 2020

Originally posted by Guitarista View Post
    Hi Molls and crew,

Ficks, i'd be non plussed at such non sensical reactions to refusing a donut or a boozy drink as opposed to worried. As Mary mentioned, what people think of me is none of my business. Nor should it be. Let them waffle in their narrow world of high sugar content, fake laughter and brown nosing each other. I bet they'd be the first to turn each other in to the boss to save their ever hefty asses. lol

Have a beaut sunday.
    Mr G :upsidedown:
    I often think if the tables were turned what would my reaction be if I was drinking & my SIL ordered water :egad:
    So pondering that - we maybe get the judgement we deserve & we must now deal with it.

Comment

Well said MrGman...wisdom!! And from a bloke?????.....run run as fast as I can:happy2:
      Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
      contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Tbh I always thought non drinkers were goody-two-shoes or spies:egad:

Comment

Morning and waves to the world and the x-posters extraordinaire

[MENTION=4040]fickle[/MENTION]..........I just said I'm giving it a rest for the moment.......with a sort of defiance in my stance and eyes. Nigh on eleven years later I still get 'are you still not drinking'.........those who know I'm an alcoholic have been on a need to know basis. My kids, who are proud of me, Mr. JC, my bessie mate of 57 years, her brother died of alcoholicism and she's still grieving and my doctor..........eeing how she sorted out many detoxes for me.
          Tbh watching people getting drunk solidifies my own sobriety time after time..........do they realise what idiots they look like when they've had a few.

Originally posted by Guitarista View Post
          Hi Molls and crew,

Ficks, i'd be non plussed at such non sensical reactions to refusing a donut or a boozy drink as opposed to worried. As Mary mentioned, what people think of me is none of my business. Nor should it be. Let them waffle in their narrow world of high sugar content, fake laughter and brown nosing each other. I bet they'd be the first to turn each other in to the boss to save their ever hefty asses. lol

Have a beaut sunday.
          Love it.

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
          or pregnant
          It could be worse, I could be filing.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]......same over here. Its a disgrace the wages of carers and those working in care homes. My Aunt's in a very posh one up the road, bless her heart she's in full blown dementia (she was a head teacher for years) and doesn't recognise any of us...............is paying 20K plus a year for a room that while very nice is about as big as a half decent hotel. The staff look so tired.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
              To be honest I LOVE saying "sparkling water" to see the reaction. I really think so many are envious of you being able to enjoy life without alcohol.
              Completely agree. Most of the push-back I get re: food is from constant dieters and re: booze from people who likely suspect they should quit or drink less. People who don’t have issues aren’t thinking about it all the time or think there is something wrong about a person not partaking.

Comment

it's funny tho - (re. the thinking someone was pregnant if they weren't drinking) when one has a 'clear conscience' it's completely turned around tho - I remember when I was pregnant with Joey I was invited to a girls Halloween party in my pals house -- always good fun boozey days and I agonised over what to tell them as to why I wasn't drinking -- ridiculous but I was sort of embarrassed about being pregnant at the grand old age of 37 - so I told them I'd been drinking too much:hahaha:

Comment

[MENTION=4040]fickle[/MENTION] If folk don't enjoy the topic - they should just move on to next post. There are a lot that do enjoy it & find it an important topic.
                  [MENTION=18725]NoSugar[/MENTION] :applause2:
                  Excellent post as usual.

Now with COVID-19 - weight has come out as an increased risk - with worse prognosis in patients with obesity, especially in the young.
                  Weight excess is a well-established respiratory disease risk so I suppose it's no surprise.
                  Being overweight will shorten your life.

So IMO it is a very important topic for a gang of alcoholics who've saved their lives already by quitting the grog.
                  Agree with Satz,I happen to love reading nutrition posts,I believe food is medicine and TRY to control it most of the time,I'm just average sized so it's not so much weight loss related that I'm into just I know my brain works better with better nutrition waves to the Army!
                  I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                  Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Agreed Pauly..but without trying to sound trite I'm not overweight and I eat well 90% of the time so I've not a lot to add...so yup I sort of pass over..probably ignorant (in both senses) of me..but....
                    How's you? Still in lockdown in Vegas or is it opening up?

Comment

Good evening just having a mega read back. Some fabulous posts and always great to hear the wonderful advice that never seems to get stale and always worth following.
                      I discovered Pellegrino sparkling water and nobody ever flinches when I ask for it instead of wine.

Mr A has been poorly since Tuesday luckily after a G.P telephone consultation a diagnosis was made and within an hour the pharmacy delivered appropriate antibiotics.

The government announced at 10pm last night that Mr A in the vulnerable can now leave the house as from tomorrow. You could not make it up (Our guidelines that is)

Comment

Unreal Whizzy...I dunno I think the world is gone mad ....the echoes of ancient civilisations and how they fell...generally due to greed and disease ...add stupidity and we're there!
                        Glad he got his medication poor man..and poor you xx

Comment

Then this is where - for a while - you must 'act' like you are having the best time EVER. You'll be able to ease off later - but for now you need to give no excuse for them to be 'at' you.
                          Plus, I used to find that 'acting' like I was having a blast, actually helped me get over the insecurities of being the 'boring sober one' in the corner.
                          Anyway, drunk people really couldn't care less if your drinking or not - Actually, most people live in their own little bubble and our 'not' drinking is only relevant for how it makes them feel/look. Not everyone of course.

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
                          SO did I! so Im sure thats how we are perceived by those on a slippery slope anyway.

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                          [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]......same over here. Its a disgrace the wages of carers and those working in care homes. My Aunt's in a very posh one up the road, bless her heart she's in full blown dementia (she was a head teacher for years) and doesn't recognise any of us...............is paying 20K plus a year for a room that while very nice is about as big as a half decent hotel. The staff look so tired.
                          Thats very good value JC! Satz will correct me if I am wrong, but I understood ours to be about €1000/week! (We do have governments schemes, taking a proportion of the value of your home, when its eventually sold).

Good to hear that Mr A is getting sorted [MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION]. Lots of talk about doctors continuing to make diagnoses over the phone even after this blows over. Another positive change.

Spent the day at the beach, which I normally hate, but today I really enjoyed it. It wasnt busy and solved the worlds problems with my sister.
                          AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Got the most beautiful late birthday pressie today from our Jenny.............. The Boy, the mole, the fox, and the Horse...............bawled my eyes out..........but in a good way.........anyone with self-esteem issues........... it's a must.

[MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION]............ahh, pet. I'm a Highland Spring girl, but there'll always be a Pelligrino here for you. Honestly, I've lost track of what or where I can go...............so I'll just stay in the house or garden. So glad Mr Whizzy is getting his meds.

[MENTION=18725]NoSugar[/MENTION]............We're having a Randy Rainbow night. I've started following him on FB or should that be stalking.

Night loves, :hug::hug::hug:
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                              Jacks - we have some ex-teachers in the home too - once very intelligent people.
                              I wonder does their brain fill up with so much knowledge that something has to give ?

So very sad & days I'm tired I get scared sometimes of what's ahead for me.
                              Other days I'm just happy to help them have the craic - but bloody glad to be going home.

Today we went on to the patio - a group of the ladies - in the sun had blaring music. dancing and a trolly of drinks. Alcohol & non-alcohol.
                              They had a ball.....
                              A thought struck me - I gave one of them a whiskey she asked for - and I thought what if that sets her off & she wants more :egad:
                              She didn't ........ she drank it & was happy.
                              I looked at the whiskey and thought if I'd drank that - the craving for another would start....... I could almost physically feel it .........God I don't miss that feeling.

Comment

Mers my mother's place owned by HSE is 1800 e a week

Comment

Working...
                                X