2 May

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2 May

Mae everybody, Mick I can't believe your test results are delayed, I thought they'd be on top of it for sure, I'm glad you're feeling better at least Det, glad you're keeping busy, how's the allergies been? Mine have been bad this week! Ragweed showed up in my test and they said on the news that it's been high, PQ, can't believe that person went and planted anyways! I don't blame you for just wanting to rip it all out haha! Lav, good thing you knew to wait to plant, I can't believe it got so warm here so fast, I usually don't wear shorts til June, maybe late, late May but this year they were on in late March! Had a long night putting sweaters away that I'm usually still wearing here and there, how crazy that the weather is matching the weirdness going on, at least I like the heat I guess, much love to all and wishes for a great BF ?????? Day haha!
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

hiya all..how are we today then?all good I hope ..finally got test results back today ..6 days after the test..thankfully negative ...and to be honest Im feeling al ot better...still got the crap cough but thats just bronchial .it cant be that bad Ive just been for a walk ..ok only 3.85 miles but a walk all the same ..weather is lovely here ..out walking and to be fair passed a few people on the trail ,and all were very sensible .
      Hiya pauly ...lovely here too ...yep Im in shorts too..if all had gone to plan I would have been in Animal Kingdom today....think thats off the menu for a few years ..you look after yourself .

Lav took the machine for a spin? is this a Harley sewing mac hine?I still need to be careful ..in the growing season we may be ahead of you ,but out of nowhere we will get a cold spell!feeling tons better ...be interesting to see what they say on Sunday as the review this lockdown..bearing in mind the scientest who advised the implementation has been caught not adhering to it .
      here is the canal and river I was doing on the railway layout ...

96244454_1509026592600459_7510067586290155520_o.jpg

95648518_1509026542600464_7570338961139171328_o.jpg

95904183_1509026499267135_8033359173204836352_o.jpg

95984727_1509026442600474_465992350909333504_o.jpg

If you look closely you can see the man by the pier in the middle of the river has a fishing rod ..its made out of the single strand of a broom!

hiya ppqp...hows you then?good I hope,,think Id be telling that person her presence is no longer required!how did the bridge game go?

hiya Det hows you doing mate?all good it sounds ..yep Ive a few plants to put out ..toms are nowhere near yet but they will get there.you sound good buddy keep it up .

hiya teegee you ok?hope so..and hubby ..

right folks have a great day,,,
      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

heres 3 pics I took out walking ..

20200506_141630.jpg

20200506_141759.jpg

20200506_141639.jpg
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Love the pics Mick

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

MAE ALL...

Lav...glad the machine is up to your expectations. I can only compare it to getting a new laptop and everything works! LOL My weather is pretty similar to yours these days, cool at night...cold. Planting after Mother's Day is still too early for us. We're lucky if we can do it the beginning of June. Hopefully you can get your pic uploaded today.

Pauly...still cheezed off over that gardener. Good thing I passed it onto the President to deal with, now I don't have to worry about any repercussions coming back to bite me in the ass. LOL The president talked to her yesterday and she promised not to come back to the garden till May 16th. We shall see.

Got my stuff cleared out of the office yesterday morning and the bonus was I now have a N95 mask! Need to work on the newsletter this morning, the publisher wants to know how much content I'll have so they can see if they have enough ads to cover the cost of the printing. Believe me I won't have much with everything being closed. I'll check back in later to see how everyone else is doing....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mick...glad to hear you're negative. The test that is not you, you're a pretty positive kind a guy. LOL What an interesting walk, I sure don't see wildlife like that whee I walk. Isn't it nice to actually have people be sensible. Seems people here are starting to get frustrated/impatient, they're not as nice and polite as they used to be. Think I may start doing my shopping during the senior's hour. LOL Well done on the canal and river, everything looks so real. I can barely see the man by the pier let alone his fishing rod. LOL I and others will be keeping a close eye on "that" gardener. We are now looking at revising our constitution to include failure to comply with policy will result in loss of garden privileges. Was hoping I'd never have to deal with that constitution again, oh well. Had a good bridge game yesterday but alas everyone is busy today. Might have to actually do some real work. Hope you have a great day....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mick! Great news the test is negative!! How did I miss that earlier? Must have been too early in the morning when I read it, PQ, seems people here have gotten really rude and angry, nothing like I've ever seen before, even when they're driving it's faster, more aggressive and just angry, same thing as in the grocery stores jeez! I understand it's a scary time right now and yes I've been feeling extra anger, sadness, etc but I TRY to keep it in check in public haha

Comment

Pauly...yes, I have also been taking a deep breath before I react to anything. It helps stop the initial f**&&%k off response. LOL

Comment

Good evening friends,

Damp & chilly here, don’t know where spring went. Only 45 degrees & my elbows are aching, duh.
                    Got some sewing done this afternoon - rebuilding my stock pile of masks, haha!

Mick, great news about your test! No walk for me today. I would say your friends need some serious haircuts, Lol
                    I know you don’t actually have water in your canal but it sure looks like it, nice

Pauly, I have no patience with rude people. They give me any crap you know they get it right back, haha! Stomping your feet & making noise will not make the virus go away any faster. If it was up to me I would deny these protesting idiots hospital care when they do finally get sick

PQ, when people can’t follow simple rules they should be tossed out. It’s not rocket science, just follow the rules & regulations, right?? We are all part of a society & depend on the rule of law for everyone’s safety. Go pull that woman’s plants out & leave them on her doorstep, haha! We can dream

272C966A-E6DF-4EB9-81A4-23AA1691DF2A.jpg
                    Here’s my new baby!!!

Hello to Det & Pie & Sam. Hope everyone is doing well.

Have a nice night all!
                    Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Walking sounds especially healthy right now, Mick. I read that we’re much less likely to catch Covid outdoors, than indoors in enclosed spaces.

Lav, your new baby is a beauty!

PQ, why are you clearing out your office?

Pauly, salons here can reopen Friday. I wonder how long the lines will be?

Occasionally a drinking thought will occur to me. I notice it, usually when I’m bored. The downside of drinking though is so awful, it dulls any temptation . Besides, I don’t drink!

Comment

Mae everybody, good for you Pie! No we don't drink! It really is sickening anyway, I see my daughters baby daddy after one of his drink sessions and ugh, no! Laying in bed all day, grouchy, sweaty, throwing up and he usually texts one or all of us at 3 am sorry for all the wrings he's done boo! Tell me when you're sober and we'll talk haha, I dunno when salons will be open here and there guidelines we and the customer have to follow that will make an already hectic place even worse, they hafta wear masks and knowing the clientele up there, I know alot will bitch about it, the owner wants to raise the price-theyll bitch, have to keep records on them, name phone # etc, they'll bitch, I'm sure it's gonna be a huge hassle, don't even want to deal with it Lav, I had to go to the 99 cents store yesterday (yes essential shopping) I was headed towards check out and some other lady was too, I got there first and she's like "oh well ok" really rude with a shit look on her face, I just started walking away and told her go ahead, I still need to browse, just small things where people are just snooty, it's really hard to explain and some people are refusing to wear masks cuz they're saying it's against their civil rights, my lawd Mick, you seem to be back to your old self? Close anyways, PQ, that lady just sounds like a pain, I can see her totally ignoring the rules again, luckily not your problem, much love to the gang and wishes for a great BF Thursday! (I remembered!!!!!!!)

Comment

hiya all ...how are we I posted earlier on ...but it seems to have gone wrong! did it on my phone ,,,weather is lovely here today.. hope everyone is ok

90196352_2802080493193858_4708465581660045312_n.jpg
                          Last edited by Mick; May 7, 2020, 03:52 PM.

Comment

Greetings Abbers,

Mick, I have no cows but I can provide everyone with plenty of chicken sh*t LOL
                            People seem to be pretty good here with keeping their distance so i should be grateful. I just wish the girls working in the Amish stores would pull those masks up & over their noses.
                            We had the Amish crew here at 7:15 this morning to start the deck restoration. Two guys & a young kid, maybe 9 or 10. The kid is ‘learning’ so that means he does clean up for the most part. Because of that big pergola we got a few years ago to give us some shade they had to extend the deck out about 2 feet so the new railings would fit behind the uprights for the pergola - if that makes sense. They removed the old steps & built new steps over where we had that concrete work done recently. They’ll be back tomorrow morning to finish up before the rain moves in. It’s looking so much better already. YB had to pick them up & drive them home, haha!

Pauly, don’t you just want to slap some people & tell them they have no civil rights during an emergency. How dumb can they be anyway?
                            I heard on the news that some salons will be only allowing two customers in at a time & everything will have to be wiped down between customers. I guess that makes sense.

Pie, I’m loving my new baby!
                            I haven’t had any drinking thoughts but to be honest I was imagining myself smoking yesterday, oh no. I can’t do that either because I know I’m out of quits . I just keep distracting myself with other things, can’t go there.

Hello to Det & Sam.

PQ, hope your day was good!

Cyn, it starting to sound like you’re hearing positive reports on your husband, I am grateful for that :hug:

Wishing everyone a nice night. Watch out for frost unfortunately.
                            Lav
                            Last edited by Lavande; May 7, 2020, 06:22 PM.
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09
                            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

MAE ALL...

Pi...we had a small electrical fire at the community centre last week. Physical damage was minimal but the smoke damage is huge. Everything is being hauled out of the building to be cleaned or thrown out. So I had to go in and get some files that I needed and any personal items I wanted. Most of it I left, let them clean it. LOL

Pauly...nice to see you took the high road. I really can't believe some people, everyone seems to feel entitled.

Mick...I've been having issues with posting for the last couple of days. Hope you had a good day.

Lav...I wore my mask for about an hour while cleaning out my office and it was awful. Really hot and I found it hard to breath, couldn't get a deep breath. I would hate to have to wear them all day. Yay, you got the deck done. Maybe you'll actually be able to enjoy it this summer. Thanks for keeping us informed about TG.

Had a busy day working on garden things and managed to get a bridge game in as well. Time to adult and go make dinner. Have a good night all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

dont know what has happened ...just lost the post again ...really slow and then a goodbye ..how are we all this morning then? hope everyone is well .bank holiday today here to celebrate ? commemorate? victory in Europe the end of the second world war .Usually there would be big street parties ,but everything is being done online now ...how are we all today then? hope all is well .it feels like the weekend here .take it easy and take care folks .

Report: Airlines may require passengers to wear masks.

Ryanair: Masks are considered a carry-on.

So Angel Di Maria's wife described Manchester as a "shithole" with "disgusting food."

I don't know if it could improve to that level, but you never know.

Doctors are baffled by the condition known as Covid Toe.

There's nothing mysterious about it, it's just that none of us can reach down to wash our feet anymore.

I've just developed an app which is far more useful than the COVID app. It prevents you from being robbed, stops a horrible whine in your ears, ensures you can go about your business in complete safety.

It tells you when a scouser is within two metres of you.

Boris is to Introduce a rule saying you can get together with Ten people.
                                I don't know Ten people that I even like.

Reports all over the U.S A of deaths caused by giant asian murder hornets may need a bit more investigation as to the real culprits.....

Orville Kinorville of Clarke County Alabama said "Me and my sister wife we're just out shootin some varmints, when one of the huge orange stripey things flew out the bush and stung her to death with it's huge pointy teeth"

Comment

Working...
                                X