2 May

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2 May

dont know what has happened ...just lost the post again ...really slow and then a goodbye ..how are we all this morning then? hope everyone is well .bank holiday today here to celebrate ? commemorate? victory in Europe the end of the second world war .Usually there would be big street parties ,but everything is being done online now ...how are we all today then? hope all is well .it feels like the weekend here .take it easy and take care folks .

Report: Airlines may require passengers to wear masks.

Ryanair: Masks are considered a carry-on.

So Angel Di Maria's wife described Manchester as a "shithole" with "disgusting food."

I don't know if it could improve to that level, but you never know.

Doctors are baffled by the condition known as Covid Toe.

There's nothing mysterious about it, it's just that none of us can reach down to wash our feet anymore.

I've just developed an app which is far more useful than the COVID app. It prevents you from being robbed, stops a horrible whine in your ears, ensures you can go about your business in complete safety.

It tells you when a scouser is within two metres of you.

Boris is to Introduce a rule saying you can get together with Ten people.
    I don't know Ten people that I even like.

Reports all over the U.S A of deaths caused by giant asian murder hornets may need a bit more investigation as to the real culprits.....

Orville Kinorville of Clarke County Alabama said "Me and my sister wife we're just out shootin some varmints, when one of the huge orange stripey things flew out the bush and stung her to death with it's huge pointy teeth"
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Mae everybody, Mick see you didn't lose your post it popped up twice mine has been weird too when I hit post, kinda spins for a bit, Lav, the governor said yesterday that salons can open Saturday, no I'm not happy and tbh I was quite shocked! I would think that such a personal service would be in phase 3-4 of his plan for reopen, dammit now I have too much to think about, the owner isn't opening til May 21,the other girls are livid! I don't blame some of them cuz they're single mothers but I burst out into tears cuz I'm dreading going back, probably won't be making any money anyways cuz the new sanitation required is gonna be time consuming, the price is going up, can only be by appointment only (we used to do mostly walk in) but then on the other hand this economy is tanking and I don't even know if I can find anything else, help!! Why am I so difficult when it comes to making decisions? I liked it better when it was outta my hands in a way, then it was just about surviving, PQ, don't get me started on the mask, I get serious air hunger and don't know how I'm gonna work with that thing on, I wear it in the stores then rip it off as soon as I get outside, I was in a grocery store parking lot yesterday just waiting and I seen a guy pouring a beer in his trunk into a coffee mug, I thought I invented that trick! Anyways yes he drove off with it but I was just thinking cuz he was wearing a mask can you imagine that beer breath circulating yuck! Much love to all and wishes for a great BF Fryday!
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good evening folks!

Cold & raining, ugh. YB was just out covering up the strawberry bed with a tarp as we’re supposed to have a hard frost tonight. The plants are all flowered, don’t want to lose them.
        Got a lovely bouquet of flowers delivered today from my daughter & her family. Came with a package of loose green tea & cookies, really nice! My son’s wife dropped off the dog & the 9 yr old for me to watch all weekend, some gift hahha1!! He has his own tablet now so he’ll likely be busy with that all weekend.

Mick, hate losing posts!Today is the 75th anniversary of VE day, wow!
        Hope your day was good.

Pauly, only you can make that decision but I would hope you think it through before going back to work. Risking bringing that virus home where your kids & grandkids could catch it is a big deal.
        Learning to. Work with a mask on takes practice but it can be done. How about wearing your mask for an hour or two at a time when you’re home to help ease yourself into it a bit? Concentrating on breathing in thru your nose & out thru your nose as opposed to mouth breathing is a must. You would also likely have to get used to cutting hair with gloves on which would be different. Practice all that now so if you do decide to go back at least you’ll feel prepared. Remember the medical folks are wearing many layers over their nose & mouth which further obstructs breathing but they get it done.
        Do you have a Costco near you? I keep hearing about the great pay & benefits there - something to think about.

Hello to PQ. I hope you don’t get jealous if we actually get snow here this weekend, haha! The weather folks are talking ‘polar vortex’ LOL

Hello to Pie, Det & Sam.

Cyn, I’m trying to share tidbits with the group here so they know you are doing OK & that your husband is making some solid progress. No one really knows the course of this illness & how long recovery is going to take. So we will all keep sending you love & strength & positivity :hug:

Have a decent night everyone!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

I’ve been accomplishing small projects most days. Yesterday I planted Vinca and Aztec Grass in my front garden bed. Today, I took a box of old documents to the shredder. Makes me feel productive.

Lav and Sam, looks like weird weather headed your way.

Mick, glad to hear I’m not alone at being challenged by phone posting.

Pauly, sorry you feel conflicted about returning to work. I hope that all smooths out for you.

PQ , I do recall the fire you told us about. Thanks for reminding me!

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...yup, that's how the site has been, post and loose it, re-post and get it twice. LOL Been watching some of VE day celebrations including the Queen. Yes, times are definitely different. All the raised garden plots are finished and filled with new soil, I'm jealous! I'm still not letting anyone in till the 16th! LOL

20200505_084553.jpg

Pauly...that's the same thing that happens to me. Spins for awhile and then comes up with Leave Site? So then I post again because I don't want to lose it, get the same thing and then leave anyways, Volia 2 posts. LOL Better 2 than none. Our province is reopening in phases too and the most popular comment is even if we open who's going to come? I am certainly glad that we are staying closed till Sep 1st and then see if we can launch any programs or if we'll need the whole building to physical distance all the out of school kids if schools open.

Lav...cold and raining here today too. No worries about jealousy we're getting snow on Mother's Day too. Polar Vortex, oh no! If I remember the last one you got was pretty nasty. Daughter's Mother Day Surprise/Daughter In Law's Mother Day Surprise interesting. LOL At least you don't have to give up your tablet.

TG...I'm so glad Lav is keeping us up to date and that the news is positive so far. You're in my thoughts.

Pi...are you still in the same place? I remember seeing a picture of your front garden when you were trying to figure out what to do with it. Glad you're keeping busy and you're sounding really good.

Tried a new pork chop recipe and it's ready to come out of the oven. Have a good night all....:smile:PPQP
            Last edited by porqoui; May 8, 2020, 07:44 PM.

Comment

Mae everybody, Lav, thanks for the hints on Cyn and hubs, been thinking about them PQ, how'd the pork chops turn out? Defo not my fave meat but I buy them alot cuz they're cheap, I like them but just not in love ya know? Mick there was a joke about someone knocking on the door at 3 am and he was glad he was already up playing his bagpipes to answer it-i thought of you haha still trying to decide, I'm not necessarily scared of catching anything, just not excited about going back to THAT place, ugh anyhoo waves to the gang and wishes for a great BF Saturday!

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

hiya all...how are we today then?hope all is well with everyone ...It has been really nice here and still is ....24 degrees ..Ive been out reading in the garden all day..ok bit of gardening too..went for a lovely walk yesterday...nothing big ..only about 7 miles ,but at least irt seems Im not suffering breathing as I did before ..took a couple of pics

20200508_135454 (1).jpg

96320994_2636579133331816_4285922399817302016_n.jpg

96088308_925970657849163_6339075423397216256_n.jpg

hiya pauly ...how are you today then?hope all is well?Judging from what Im seeing here at the moment there are all sortsof ideas and innovations coming in ..all app driven !this should be interesting !yep Ive heard that one before but a good one ..you take care .lttle tip ..wearing a mask when you exhale via mouth ..purse your lips ..for some reason it makes it easier .

hiya ppqp...wow the raised beds look good ...do they line them ..to keep the damp off the sides and bottom? stop it rotting ..good size though .same here with the losing of posts !take care and look after yourself

hiya pie ..hows you then? Vinca is a good cover plant with lovely violet /white trumpet shaped flowers as I recall?oh yes me and phonesand technology ,just dont hit it off..take care

hiyaLav ....hows you then ? cheers for the tee gee bits pf news .glad things are improving ...we can the next steps for what they are doing in the lockdown tomorrow night ..I dont think there will be too much change ...one of the things is ..everyone soon flying into uk will have to go into isolation for 14 days ..even when the holiday market opens up for tourists .Interesting times ..be interesting to see what Mr Orange does over on your side ..

right folks ..big shout to everyone ..
                af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Greetings Abbers,

Sunny but seriously cold & windy here, wind chills in the 20’s & 30’s, ridiculous! Feels like a bad joke or something to be honest.
                  My grandson has been glued to his laptop ALL DAY. Couldn’t even shove him outside for a breath of fresh air but the dude showed up here with no jacket yesterday. No, his mother does not pay attention to details for sh*ts sake. I believe my son is picking him up in an hour or two. I’ll have to send him out with a blanket or something, duh.

Pie, I do believe we are breaking weather records for the coldest Mother’s day ever!!!!
                  Jealous of your planting, hope it looks great for you!

PQ, I wonder what we’ve done wrong to deserve weather like this LOL
                  Tell us how the pork chops turned out, may have to try them here.

Pauly, I saw your flowers pic, very sweet!
                  I hope you can find yourself a job in a better environment, keep looking.

Mick, good work on the walk. Looking at all those hills & valleys makes me feel a little short of breath. I’m happier on a flatter surface myself, haha!
                  Enjoy your beautiful weather because I’m about to send mine over your way, ugh!

Hey Sam, feeling the cold too?

Det, how was your day?

Cyn, we are all with you thinking positive thoughts :hug:

Have a good night all!
                  Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

good evening all, getting right cold out there. Got as many plants covered as we can. Wwe have lots of blueberries out there. Hope they don't mind the cold but we covered them anyway.

TG, you are definitely in our thoughts, we hope you and your hubs are doing ok.

off to bed but just wanted to give a quick howdies to all.
                    Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Mae everybody, Happy Mother's day to the mom's is it the same where you're at Mick? Or do you all celebrate it in a different day? Tired this morning so just a quick hello from me, much love and wishes for a great BF Sunday!

Comment

Working...
                      X