Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 May

EF9E4879-F971-4474-84B0-81AEF11BABC8.jpegGood Morning All,

Attempting to start thread from the Pie Phone. Let’s see what happens.

Lav, pic above is idea for remodeling your kitchen in anticipation of Pauly’s visit. Whadya think?
    Last edited by Pie; May 3, 2020, 07:14 AM.

Re: 2 May

Mae everybody, that's cute Pie thanks for the kickoff, wishing everyone a great BF Sunday!
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

afternoon all...how are we today then? hope all is well with you ..cheers for the start off pie ..you did well with the phone ...hows things with you today then?Nice n sunny over here today .you take care ..

hiya pauly hows you then today?good I hope ?you doing anything over the weekend?

hiya ppqp..hows you then?yep ..happy canada day ........you sorted for your weekly appearance for cards?...if you go on tinternet..and type it making covid masks etc you can find one on there without sewing it ..in fact ..

How to Make No-Sew Homemade Face Masks With Fabric - Do DIY Bandana Masks Work?

hiya Sam hows you mate ? good I hope ...yep I found a merckel too...

download.jpg

hiya Lav ...hows you then today ...try feeding the dog garlic! so you are still waiting for your piece of Scottish engineering ? the Mac hine? ok ok .. saw this as a good story here

How Alan Titchmarsh felt 'teary' after garden centre owner gives away PS5, worth of plants | Daily Mail Online

people over are getting unlock happy ..my mate got it right ...

95462283_10158840980579617_3684334164686929920_o.jpg

and also....

95529910_3247514468612891_2258568901187076096_n.jpg
      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

I’m clear that it’s not Canada Day, but it’s also not May 2nd. Don’t see a way to correct the thread title though. Overall, if that’s my biggest screw up today, I can live with it.

Comment

Good Sunday evening Abbers regardless of the date

Thanks for the startup Pie! Good job on the phone too.
          That salon looks great providing Pauly can work 2 chairs at a time, Hahha!!!

Pauly, the temp hit 80 here today & the AC turned on. A little early in the season for this side of the country. Hope your day was good!

Mick, I’ve seen several news stories similar to the one you posted. Growers are giving away plants rather than leaving them to die. Sad for the growers in this economy.
          Yep, tomorrow I will pick up my SWISS machine. If they try to hand me a Scottish one I learned a new Scottish word to say , LOL

My son’s dog is now staying until Tuesday. I didn’t get any choice in this decision of course. She’s fine except for her early morning awakenings, weird.
          Not much else going on here.

Hello to PQ, Det, Sam & Cyn. Hope you are all doing well!

Have a nice night everyone.
          Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

mae all howzwee today then?good I hope ..well been out in the garden already this morning ..its a lovely day out there ...had to put some shading up in the greenhouse to stop the plants getting burned ...newspapers taped on to the glass ..looks like the clampetts...plants are doing good tho.feeling not bad today ,100%improvement on this time 2 weeks ago..I watched a bit of telly this morning ..both Spain and Italy eased out of this lockdown ..people can go out for an hour at a time now .I also watched Trump telling everyone how he had saved thousands of lives????wtf is he real?I thought Disney was closed ..its obviously just moved location .
            they are talking about opening up here for some businessess..

hiya Lav ..hows you then?getting up at daft o clock with the dog?yes its real sad for the growers what is good is at least people are giving them a bit of a return on the plants hope you dont have to use your scottish phraseology on the swiss machine suppliers ..

hiya pauly how are you today then?hope things are going ok for you?

hiya teegee hope things are imroving day by day for you and hubby ..thinking of you ..

hiya pie ...how are you today then?hope all is going to plan in 3.142(recurring) land

hiya ppqp ,sam the merkel masher ,and everyone else ..stay safe n take care

We make the kids wear the same clothes day after day.

After all, our homeschool has a uniform.

At an interview:

"Are you a glass half full or half empty type of person?"

"Half full."

"Very good. So you're an optimist, always looking on the bright side of life?"

"No. I'm an alcoholic."

Boris Johnson has revealed that contingency plans had been drawn up for his death while he was in hospital with coronavirus.

But now that he has recovered, the government has somehow got to dispose of 20 million fcking party poppers.

Urgent. Can someone arrange for Piers Morgan to do a face to face interview with Trump

Piers Morgan will miss Good morning Britain because he has Covid 19 symptoms.

That explains the ministers laughing when he interviewed them.

I feel sorry for the virus with a suspected case of Piers Morgan

Looking into the mirror really helps me to reflect.

Burger King promised a major revamp during lockdown and they certainly haven't disappointed in our local restaurant!

I took a peek through their window tiday and they've already managed to clear 3 tables.

I knocked on my new neighbour's door and said, 'Sorry to bother you, I just moved in next door. The builders haven't finished my bathroom yet, do you mind if I use yours?'

'No problem,' he laughed, and let me in.

About twenty minutes later he knocked on the door and said, 'Uh, are you all right in there?'

I replied, 'I'm fine. You need to buy some more Radox, though.'
            af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

MAE ALL....

Pi...thanks for starting the thread this week. So was the biggest screw up for you yesterday the date? You're not the first and you won't be the last. Without deleting the whole thread and starting over you can't change the title. Speaking from experience here. LOL How's the Yoga going? Getting into your rhythm?

Pauly...hope you had a good day yesterday, now onto Monday.

Mick...thanks for the link to the no sew mask. Just had a quick look at it and am wondering what the nose guard is. I know what you mean by feeling 100% from 2 weeks ago, reminds me of my recent lung recovery. Jealous of you getting your garden ready. This would have been a good year to do some container gardening on my deck since I'm home all day now. Unfortunately that space has been taken over by all my son's paraphernalia he had to remove from his property. Can't even get to the BBQ!

IT guy just phoned, wants access to my computer. Will be back in a bit.

Lav...I hope you're out picking up the new machine. I'm excited for you. Finally got our rain last night. Boy did it come down. Cooler all week with temps getting close to freezing overnight. At least they're still calling for rain and not snow unlike some areas just north of me.

I can now connect to the server at work and I'm not sure if that's a good thing. Have a video conference meeting in about 10 minutes so need to get ready. Hope we all have a Marvelous Monday.....:smile:PPQP
              Last edited by porqoui; May 4, 2020, 11:51 AM.

Comment

They lied....it is now snowing.

Comment

Greetings all,

Yep, did a curbside pick up at the sewing machine store. Brought it home, unpacked it, plugged it in & did a test stitch without uttering one Scottish phrase, haha!!! Its all good.
                  Now I can begin to catch up with all the mask requests that have been piling up. Nice day here too but the temp is dropping for the rets of the week.

Mick, glad you’re getting some gardening in now. YB has to hang these huge tarps over the greenhouse to cool it down in the summer. Last year he had the gourds growing up & attaching to the tarps, worked great.

PQ, the year I left my nursing job & went to work (temporarily) for a title insurance company I had my home computer hooked up to their office too. Good & bad things go with that, haha! Then I opened my embroidery biz & blew them off, LOL
                  Sorry to hear you are getting snow, just doesn’t seem right. Hang in there.

Hello to the rest of the crew. It’s dark & VI haven’t closed up the chickens yet.
                  Have a good night all!

Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Lav, exciting to hear about your new sewing machine. Will you be sharing a pic with us?

PQ, snow?? The yoga is going great! Logging on for a class is usually the highlight of my day. Are you still working with brides on their weddings?

Mick, good luck with the garden shading. I’m impressed that you actually have newspaper. I haven’t seen one in awhile.

Happy Cinco de Mayo, y’all.

Comment

Happy Cinco De Mayo Pie and everyone heck I didn't even realize it, I did remember will the fourth be with you cuz I was trying to get Louie to say it but I only remembered it yesterday when I was in a store and seen the date! My days are just blurred, Mick how are you feeling? I hope better, waves to the gang and have a great BF day!
                      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

hiya all ..how are wee today then? all good I hope ..well still no results for my test ..so I phoned up the helpline ..out of all the test centres I picked the one that has the biggest problem ...there is a backlog on the results up to 10 days ..good job I aint in a rush ...feeling a lot better today ..so improvements all round ...just planted up 36 petunia seedlings and the first tomatoes money maker and Roma .Greenhouse looks pretty busy now ..

Hiya pie ..as for the newspaper ..nope I dont get them either ..Ive had them stored in the garage as bedding for the rabbits ..if they want home grown food then theyve got to share ..how are you doing ? hope all is ok with you ..

hiya Lav ...so youve got the new machine without any strange words n phrases ..good for you..Ive done the water on my canal and the river on my railway..will put some pics up when they download Yes getting into the gardening again ...greenhouse has a fair few plants in it.

hiya ppqp..hows you then today? good I hope..did you manage your video conference yesterday?more to the point is the card school doing ok ?

hi pauly hows you then? hope all is well with you ..has the orange god decided now that he has saved the nation when you can go back to work?stay safe..

big shout to everyone else ..

Comment

May the 4th be with you all my dear ABerooooos!

Detonator is blazing busy and hauling in the overtime (ha! I'm a freelancer) going all over the valley snapping pretty pics of mostly
                          pretty properties, and most importantly not losing my sense of humor. life is very good and productive and yes I realize not many
                          can say that and I feel for them. Did a shoot yesterday that has a slim but hopeful chance of ending up in Architectural Digest magazine.
                          Yes, a global food shortage is next thanks to food production having slowed so badly. egad! what a crazy time. I really hope I get a chance
                          to meditate with my group tonight as it's been waaay too long.
                          Pauly, any work prospects? loving the Instagram pics and vids
                          Mick, that's a lot of plants and glad yer feeling better. my tomatoes are doing really darned good. must send pics soon.
                          Lav, the Swiss make top shelf 'everything' as it seems. love to see a pic of that new machine!
                          Tree, PPQ, SAM, anyone else? do have a great quarantine day or whatever is on the books.
                          as always I'm grabbing my gear and heading out to navigate to my next shoot.
                          Be well loves!
                          nosce te ipsum
                          (Know Thyself)

Comment

MAE ALL...

Lav...not one Scottish phrase? Bet you were holding your breath. I remember one May 24th when a snow storm blew in and shut the city down. You couldn't even see across the street. I can live with this weather just fine. I bet a lot of business's will be rethinking their working routines after this pandemic. It's probably the kick in the pants a lot of them needed.

Pi...snow didn't last long, it just felt like a winter's day yesterday. Bright and sunny today even if the temp was only 32F this morning. Yup, still working with brides, well I was up until Mar 16th.

Pauly... happy Cinco De Mayo to you too. I always forget this one until one of my coworkers walks in all decked out. LOL

Mick...of course you picked the busiest test centre. LOL Glad you're feeling ok though. Went into the office this morning to pick up some stuff before they box everything up. While I was there went to the garden to talk to the two people who are building the raised beds. They informed me that one of the gardeners showed up and insisted that she get to her plot. A couple of days later it was all planted despite the fact that it is closed till May 16th. I am soooo pissed off right now. We had to submit a policy and planting schedule to the city for approval in order to be allowed to open this season. She has just jeopardized this. I feel like ripping everything out but instead taxed the president of the club to deal with it. Sorry, just had to get that off my chest!

Det...you are sounding so good these days. Who would have known that this pandemic would boost your prospects. Glad you've still got your sense of humor. Wow...Architectural Digest...if that happens we want a link to the magazine.

Have to pop out to pick up a prescription and be ready for my bridge game this afternoon. Have a great day all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Greetings friends,

Typical, the nice weather is turning into frosty nights & even snow up in the mountains. We know better than to plant anything outside before Mother’s day!! I can wait a bit I guess.
                              Took the machine for a spin this afternoon, it’s working great. I think I will like sewing again after dealing with the old clunkers.

Hello Pi & Pauly!

Mick, you’re always about a month ahead of us in the gardening dept. Glad you got your plants out! Glad you’re feeling better too

Det, congrats on all the work coming your way. Definitely hang onto that sense of humor. It got me thru many rough work times

PQ, I am not expecting any snow storms this month but you never know, haha!I sure hope you don’t get one, geez.

Hi to Sam & Cyn too!

Tried to upload a pic of the machine but not working tonight, oh well.
                              Have a nice night all!

Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                              X