May 10th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: May 10th

oy ABerooooos! holy snot have I been busy. still alive and kicking. just working like a doggy.

PPQ, Italy is still sounding great and they are reopening (yay!) but I'm still in the 'big crazy' for now.

Pauly, toilet attack? ack! I've been enduring so much craziness here myself I can't address is all in a timely fashion.

however, we trio are still alive and well, and relations with girly are still going so very well and I'm full of grattitude.
    I just haven't had any 'me' time to speak of. working til at least 8:30 tonight so another long one, just back for a quick reality
    check on the laptop before back out to more shoots.

My boss is out of the hospital tonight if all goes well and that will be so great as I've been pulling my grey hair out trying to manage all
    the client relations and scheduling singlehanded. agh! my brain!

I did manage a meditation last night for the first time in way too long and that really helps of course.

Lav, so...any new ground turkey recipes to share?

Mick, I used to 'sort of' enjoy laying tile but then again I never had to do a great deal of it.

Tree, hanging in there? Sam too?

sorry to be a stranger, just imbalanced work load lately which I really need to get paired-down asap and i'm sure I will.
    thankfully Darlene is just amazing and my lovely rock.

Happy belated Mothers day to all you awesome moms!!!!!

mine is good and well so happy to report.

ok, packing back up to hit the road again....

be well loves
    nosce te ipsum
    (Know Thyself)

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

No Mick check in today? Hope everything is OK friend

Nicer days shaping up around here, sunny & a bit warmer. Had a dental appt. finally to go get a bridge made to take th eplace of the teeth extrracted back in February. Now i have to wait another 3 weeks for it to be made, go back & get it glued in. Gives me something to do I guess, haha!!!

Pauly. glad the plumbing issue wasn’t serious. We all have septic systems around here so you really have to be careful what you toss into the toilets.
      We have a few Mexican stores around here, fun to stop in from time to time. My 3 years of HS German class doesn’t help much but I can usually figure out hwat’s what, Lol
      Your shop owner has got some big b*lls expecting the employees to do all that cleaning. I wouldn’t do it either girl!!!!

Det, good to see you & I figured you were busy working - good for you! Glad to hear about the peace at home, nice.
      I made a big batch of turkey sausage patties today - since you asked, haha! They’re good on a toasted muffin for breakfast when you want a little more protein. Something different anyway.

PQ, hope your day was good!

Sam & Cyn, hello to you both as always :hug:

Have a nice night all!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

MAE ALL...

Pauly...I have a hard enough time finding the stuff I want in the grocery store let alone someone else's and in Spanish to boot. I take my hat off to you.

Det...glad you popped in to let us know you're ok. I figured you were busy working especially when you told us the boss had to go into the hospital. Sounds like things are pretty calm at home, hope it lasts.

Lav...well I'm glad someone is happy that the dentist can open. LOL Still cold here but is supposed to change tomorrow and be nice for the weekend. I'll be glad when the garden gets planted and not have to babysit everyone anymore. It was a busy day for me starting with a call from the childcare director in a panic over files she's lost and reassured her they weren't lost, only hiding. LOL She is really fed up with the boss and his indecisions. Hope she passes that onto the board. Then a video conference call with the boss regarding our new membership software and all he talked about was programs. I've decided to follow the example on Facebook and change my name to "reconnecting" and just ignore the meeting.

Shout out to Mick, Sam, Pi and TG hope you're all well.

Making homemade hamburger helper for dinner tonight so need to get it started. Have a good night all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae everybody, PQ, homeade hamburger helper has me curious? Det glad you're keeping busy, I'm not excited to go back to the shop but I desperately miss routine glad you and the little family are getting along, makes me happy Mick, hope to see you today, Lav, I guess one of the lady's had her friend paint the shop yesterday but now the"manager" says she's not paying her cuz she didn't ask first! Yea baby games that's why I'm not eager to go back, it's always like this and I've had customers calling like crazy, I don't think they understand that it's not gonna be SRO in the shop, they need an appointment and have to wait outside according to the governor, one of the girls thinks she can have a few chairs up front I say no, people hafta follow the rules or we'll be shut down, anyhoo much love to all and wishes for a great BF Thursday?
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

MAE ALL....

Pauly...it sure is annoying that people continue to have the mentality of "Well those are the rules but this is what I'm going to do." I'll be keeping a close eye on the gardeners this weekend and if anyone feels they're about the rules they will be asked to leave right then and there. Not putting up with any BS. The Homemade Hamburger Helper turned out really good, here's the link to the recipe I used Homemade Hamburger Helper Cheeseburger Pasta Skillet - House of Nash Eats It turned out really good and I'll be making it again.

Shout out to the rest of the gang, going to put the kettle on and I'll be back later to see how everyone else is doing....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Pauly, can you wait a bit to return to work? Maybe a week after your shop opens? That will give them some time to work out the kinks in the new procedures. Sounds like it could be very chaotic in the first few days.

Lav, I’m with you on getting to the dentist quickly. My appointment is next Wednesday. I usually only see my doctor once a year, but dentist is every 90 days, just to avoid trouble.

Foster dog spent all day at the vet getting lots of tests to diagnose his pain. It will take 5-7 days for results; just trying to keep him comfortable in the meantime.

PQ will you be making signs to communicate new rules to the gardeners?

Waves to the rest of the gang.

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

Fairly nice day here & tomorrow a heatwave moves in with probable thunderstorms in the evening. Just what we need (not).
                Handed off another bag of face masks today to the local medical community. I’m going to have to searh online for some plain black fabric. I’m almost out & have a lot of requests for black. I guess the men don’t care for the floral prints, haha!!

Pie, I’m really irritated about all this dental work but have no choice. The teeth are in OK shape but it’s the bone loss in the jaw that’s the problem. Getting old can be nasty.
                I hope the pup is OK & gets over whatever is going on. Ithink I know what sign PQ can make for the community garden, Lol

PQ, I often think of my old boss when you talk about yours. I swear they have no clue what’s going on & couldn’t step in to help even if they wanted to do so.
                I’ve been making some Instant Pot ‘hamburger helper’ dinners too - yum

Pauly, Pie had a good point, don’t rush back into work. Let them work out the kinks first or else you’ll end up frustrated. People absolutely Have to follow the rules on re-opening, they’re stupid if they don’t. We want this virus to dry up & go the hell away.

Mick, what’s up with you?

Det, I got a sweatshirt in the mail today with a lovely Covid design :welldone:
                Had no idea it was going to be shipped from the Netherlands. What’s up with that?

Hey to Cyn & Sam too!

Have a nice night all!
                Lav
                Last edited by Lavande; May 14, 2020, 06:40 PM.
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Mae everybody, PQ, that homeade hamburger helper sounds fabulous thanks for sharing the recipe Pie, how's things where you live? Things starting to open up yet now I'm freaking about the children's disease that's popping up, damn this stuff is unstoppable and draining, their was a dog that looked like Spencer at the animal shelter but it wasn't him the lady said he's available for adoption but it's not another dog I want I want little Spence, keep fantasize about him coming home, guess that's dumb after all this time but you never know, Lbs bf mom found her pug in Idaho after 4 years missing a few years ago, I remember them driving up to get him, Mick hope you don't stay a stranger for forever anyhoo much love to all and wishes for a great BF Fryday!
                  I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                  Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

MAE ALL...

Pi...oh yes, I've been busy making signs, updating websites, emailing instructions etc., etc. I am done now and can only hope everyone follows the rules. I hope the vet tests will give you a course of action to relieve some of your dogs pain.

Lav...I've noticed a lot of black masks around lately too. Wonder why that is, maybe not show dirt as much? Same weather forecast here with hot temps and possible thunder storms, bring it on I'm ready. LOL

Pauly...things are starting to open up here in the province too. Yesterday, however, it was announced that everyone could start phase I except for the city of Calgary and Brooks. Boy, that pissed a lot of businesses off. They had spent money training, cleaning and buying fresh food and now can't do anything. Sorry the dog wasn't Spencer but you never know he still may turn up.

Mick...thinking of you and hope all is well. Check in when you can. :hug:

Shout out to Sam, Det and TG.

Was asked to pop by the office yesterday to unlock the bosses office. The fire exposed a lot of asbestos in the walls so the whole building is quarantined till they get it all cleaned out. What a job. I was able to get the keys to our bulletin board in the garden so will pop over and post the current membership list and more policies. Hoping everyone has a good day....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

Sunny afternoon but now the wind is kicking up for eventual thunderstorms later. It did hit 83 humid degrees this afternoon.
                      I found a little country store we like open today SO I went & got some fabric for mask making & a new salad spinner, haha! The old one had a big crack in the bowl & was spewing water all over the place, LOL

Mick, we’ll see you back soon I hope :rockon:

Pauly, have you tried leaving a message atthe police department about Spence? They tend to pick up wandering dogs & take them there before turning them over to the SPCA or shelter. YB brought one of those dogs home many years ago, He was a really cute mixed terrier type but he jumped the fence in our yard & took off after a few days, oh boy. We even had taken him to the groomer to get him scrubbed up & looking good.

PQ, I picked up 2 more yards of black fabric today for those who insist on wearing black. I prefer the loud colors & prints myself, haha!!

Cyn, hope you’re feeling the love & strength we are sending your way :hug:

Det & Pie & Sam, hope you are having a great day!

OK, time to do some sewing. Have a nice night all!
                      Lav
                      Last edited by Lavande; May 15, 2020, 06:07 PM.
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL....

Going to be a gorgeous weekend weather wise here. Heading over to the garden soon to get everyone going. Hoping everyone is doing well as we all deal with personal challenges during this time. Remember having a drink won't help us cope. Have a great day all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

OMG, where is everyone?

Good day here, no complaints, SOS & all that.
                          I’m out on the deck watching the hummingbirds fill up at the feeder, awesome creatures.

Hello to everyone & sending wishes for a decent night!

Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                          X