Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Join Date;
    11th October, 2007.
    Location;
    Australia.
    Posts;
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: International nurses day

I didn't know it was international nurses day but spent the whole of of 11th and 12th in the hospital accompanying someone needing emergency surgery and spent the whole time thinking how wonderful all the nurses were, marvelling at how they manage to bring so much energy to their work with so much kindness and all the long hours they do.
    Fickle
    'the benevolent person is invincible'
    Mencius

Join Date;
    6th May, 2009.
    Location;
    IRELAND.
    Posts;
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fickle View Post
    I didn't know it was international nurses day but spent the whole of of 11th and 12th in the hospital accompanying someone needing emergency surgery and spent the whole time thinking how wonderful all the nurses were, marvelling at how they manage to bring so much energy to their work with so much kindness and all the long hours they do.
    Yes you did poor Fickle -
    what was A&E like with social distancing ? Were you apprehensive ? or were you part of the furniture after 12 hours ?
    Benji ....
    Doing it my way

.... the joy of being sober never gets old !!

Join Date;
    13th February, 2009.
    Posts;
    Post Thanks / Like

Somehow I managed to miss this thread until just now!

Thanks for starting the thread Mick & thank you for the kind words from a retired nurse.
    It mostly felt like a thankless job but not always. The hours were long & the pay could have been better considering all we were tasked with but I imagine the same could be said of other professions.
    I retired a few years earlier than planned because I realized my soul was hurting. No matter how hard I worked, no matter how ‘helpful’ I was to my team members it was just never enough for them. I had to leave & once I did it didn’t take long before I started medicating my heart pain with loads of wine. I left nursing & began my drinking career. I didn’t know it at the time but it’s all very clear to me now.

So Thank You to those still working in nursing & I beg you to watch out for your souls

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time