International nurses day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

International nurses day

May 12th International Nurses Day.....including health care assistants ,auxiliary and ancillary nurses and associated.....big shout to whoever and wherever you are ..past and present in the world ..a big thank you..Underpaid ,undervalued at times ,it shouldn't have taken this terrible virus to highlight the need for your care and reassurance when we are ill and need of support but it has ..We should never return to that position when the world does eventually right itself....on a personal basis...thank you .....stay safe
    Last edited by Mick; May 12, 2020, 03:19 AM.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Re: International nurses day

Well said Mick.:yay:
    But can I add Health Care Assistants to this. They literally do the really 'shitty' work while the Nurses tend to the medical side of things.
    At least that's been my experience and they are on minimum wage most of them .....

Comment

Satzy ...apologies ....done
      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Originally posted by Mick View Post
        Satzy ...apologies ....done
        Apologies not needed Mick - it's just I see them every day.
        I work on Reception/ Admin in a Nursing Home and these people work harrowing 12 hour shifts with no job security, no sick pay and without even the small amount of respect the nurses are afforded.
        :applause2:

Comment

Here here!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Woot!
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Proud to have been a midwife and loved it, but absolutely agree that the care workers get no accolades or dreadful pay.

Comment

One positive outcome of the nightmare we're all in now is that the contribution of all medical workers to all of us is becoming obvious - we owe nurses and all of their coworkers gratitude and fair compensation!

Comment

Yesterday was dedicated to Florence Nightengale's birthday.
                  She was a British nurse who was tagged as the founder of modern nursing.

Listening to the details of her life yesterday they agreed she made some brilliant strides in healthcare reforms and transformed nursing. However the over-riding thing to her is that nurses were always, without exception subservient to the Male doctor ..........
                  The commentator said "well thank goodness that's changed "

In my experience I'm not sure it has .......

Thoughts ?

Comment

for me the reply to this thread says it all. I deliberately put in in bold lettering to start with to attract attention ..not to or for me I care not a jot about that but as a thank you to them all.it was viewed 61 times ,and I would suggest a good few of them were Satzy and I ,although others did take the time and trouble to acknowledge those people who in some cases are separated from their own families ,have volunteered to go back to work ..not to earn kudos ,medals brownie points or piles of money ....but simply to help humanity in this terrible time ..and we are either too busy? cant be arsed or some other reason to acknowledge that without being over dramatic ,they are daily putting their lives on the line ,scared worried frightened in some cases taking abuse from the ignorant amongst us Really ??? Time for me to sign off

Comment

I didn't know it was international nurses day but spent the whole of of 11th and 12th in the hospital accompanying someone needing emergency surgery and spent the whole time thinking how wonderful all the nurses were, marvelling at how they manage to bring so much energy to their work with so much kindness and all the long hours they do.

Comment

Originally posted by fickle View Post
                        I didn't know it was international nurses day but spent the whole of of 11th and 12th in the hospital accompanying someone needing emergency surgery and spent the whole time thinking how wonderful all the nurses were, marvelling at how they manage to bring so much energy to their work with so much kindness and all the long hours they do.
                        Yes you did poor Fickle -:hug:
                        what was A&E like with social distancing ? Were you apprehensive ? or were you part of the furniture after 12 hours ?

Comment

Somehow I managed to miss this thread until just now!

Thanks for starting the thread Mick & thank you for the kind words from a retired nurse.
                          It mostly felt like a thankless job but not always. The hours were long & the pay could have been better considering all we were tasked with but I imagine the same could be said of other professions.
                          I retired a few years earlier than planned because I realized my soul was hurting. No matter how hard I worked, no matter how ‘helpful’ I was to my team members it was just never enough for them. I had to leave & once I did it didn’t take long before I started medicating my heart pain with loads of wine. I left nursing & began my drinking career. I didn’t know it at the time but it’s all very clear to me now.

So Thank You to those still working in nursing & I beg you to watch out for your souls :hug:

Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                          X