Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

May 17

MAE All,

Just getting started this morning, and eagerly awaiting PQ’s garden report!

Re: May 17

afternoon all ..hope we are good ..had a few things to deal with and needed some time out to get it all done ..ok ish now ,all is in order ,done lots of planting ..Ive got about 200 plants waiting to go in at various stages Rabbits are doing good ,weather is pretty good tho it is crazy ....supposed to be in the mid 20s next week ....need to get somewalking done ....Julie still working from home..she had to go in one day last week that was it ..take care all and have a nice day
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

MAE ALL...

Pi...thanks for starting the thread this week. I swear this covid virus has zapped everyone's intelligence. Went over to the garden and everyone was behaving themselves. A long standing member and volunteer was there and said the water wasn't turned on. I said that's strange as I asked the building coordinator specifically to turn it on for the weekend. Told her as soon as I finished whatever it was I was doing I'd have a look at it. Asked her where her tap handle was and she just said oh. (we do not leave the tap handles on to avoid vandalism) She went and got her handle and yes of course the water was on. That procedure has not changed since we got our irrigation system. Gotta tell ya, I've been doing a lot of counting to 10 these days. LOL

Mick...good to see your post. 200 plants, wow! You definitely fit the "go big or go home" bill. LOL We're going to be in the 20's today too with a chance of thunderstorms this evening. The volunteers who raised all the in-ground plots headed up to Edmonton for the weekend. That's where they get all their plants from. We planned on getting together on Wednesday to plant potatoes. Guess what day of the week is supposed to be cold and rainy? Yup, Wednesday. Glad the peskies are doing ok, keep them out of the greenhouse. We don't need Bonnie experimenting with food.

Wishing everyone a good Sunday...:smile:PPQP

Comment

Greetings Abbers,

It’s turned cloudy & much cooler here today.Those few hot days were a little soon for me.
        The cooler wetaher inspired me to make a vegan lentil shepherd’s pie for dinner - yum
        Haven’t gotten near my sewing machine yet today but I will go do some sewing.

Pie, thanks for the startup!
        Hope you are doing well on this Sunday evening.

Mick, glad to see you back!
        Good job on all the plants & planting. You’re way ahead of me, haha! Just haven’t been able to summon up any gardening energy for some reason.
        Say Hi to. Thge bunny rabbits for me

PQ, I think we’ve all probably become a little dummber these past few months, Lol. At least we’re all in this together, right?
        I actually do have to go out & water something YB planted for me this aftrenoon. It’s the least I can do!!!

Hello to Pauly, Det, Sam & Cyn. Hope everyone is doing OK.
        SK, if you ever look in Hello to yuo as well!

Not much happening so I’ll wish everyone a nice night!

Lav
        Last edited by Lavande; May 17, 2020, 05:15 PM.
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

hello all...how are we today then ? hope all is well with you...got the last of our money back today from the florida trip ,thank goodness ..a lot of folk are struggling to get it now ..Its still a bit sad ,especially as we were meeting up with Trish and hubby , but Im sure we will again somewhere .Weather is warm but overcast today ,temperatures are predicted to hit 28 on Wednesday....
          A lentil shepherds pie Lav ? I take it the lentils are instead of the mince?I remember the main ingredient in some Indian meals was lentils ..all the way from soup through to sweet .hows the chicks doing?I saw a young fox in the field behind us this morning...thoughts ranged from bang! through to aww look at that .hope things are ok with you .

hiya ppqp....how are you then? good I hope ...nope Bonnie has been good so far .....shhhh ..hows the pseudo boss doing ..has he abdicated yet?Wednesday is going to be our hottest day ..

hiya Pauly hope you are ok?any idea on when you can work again or are you still at the behest of the orange?

hiya pie ....hope all is well with you ...

big shout to everyone else ..

Well back to a normal Monday morning . Up, wash shave breakfast, ring in sick........

My mate just told me sixty jokes in an hour.
          He's a laugh a minute.

My girlfriend said to me when I picked her up from work today. "When was the last time you had sex with someone that wasn't me?"

I said, "Before we met."

She smiled. "Aw really? That's so sweet."

"Yes," I replied, "About 20 minutes ago."

Last week I decided to start the couch to 5k program.

Done fck all running yet but yesterday I put in a personal best of 6 hours on the settee.

My mate asked me where I buy my disposable gloves.
          "I don't buy them, I just try on the ones lying about the car parks till I find a pair that fits."
          He said.."seriously mate, that is so dangerous, you're putting yourself and others at risk."
          "fck sake" I replied..."I'm not totally stupid, I turn them inside out first."
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Mae everybody, Mick! Great to see you, just isn't the same without you here, love the glove joke haha, went back to the shop on Saturday, just taking it day by day tbh, PQ, glad everyone was behaving at the garden, I think all this has made people dumber, I know I feel like I'm in a fog most of the time, survival mode I think, Lav hubs keeps getting on me to eat more lentils cuz they're supposed to have a decent amount of iron, who knows, much love to all and wishes for a great BF Monday for us all
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good evening folks!

Decent day here but it’s a bit too windy making my bad hair month even worse, haha!!

Mick, I was in the mood for a tasty vegan meal so the lentil pie hit the spot
              Chickens are fine here, so far anyway. I haven’t seen any fox here since YB reinforced the fence around the chicken yard & I put that electronic thing out there that makes noise & scares them off.
              I’m watching for the return of the black snakes, ugh - a spring time ritual around here. Sorry everyone has had to cancel trips this year, not much to be done about that. I’d love to go somewhere too but that’s not going to happen.

Pauly, keep yourself safe at work! If anyone looks sick, send them on their way.
              Your husband is right, lentils are a superfood. They are loaded with protein, fiber, iron, B vits, etc. I have loads of recipes for lentils, soups, side dishes & salads & more. Meat is so darn expensive right now & doesn’t have half of the nutrition. Here’s the recipe: https://yupitsvegan.com/vegan-shepherds-pie-lentil/

Hello to PQ, Pie, Det, Sam & Cyn! Hope everyone is OK.

Have a nice evening everyone!

Lav
              Last edited by Lavande; May 18, 2020, 06:09 PM.
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Happy Tuesday All,

PQ, glad that gardeners are behaving. Maybe people do better in smaller groups? Hope the weather doesn’t interfere with the rest of the work you have planned.

Nice that you received travel refund, Mick. Might there be a non-travel way for you and Julie to treat yourselves?

Lav, I’m trying to do a better job of eating. Cooking for one is more work than I want to do right now. I’ve been ordering several meals a week from a caterer. Order on Thursday, pickup on Monday. The food is prepared by a chef, minimally processed, with no added sugars. All I have to do is heat it up. So far, a great option for me.

Pauly, looking forward to stories from your work. Hope you can find some humor in the happenings to offset the stress.

Waiting on test results for foster dog. Fingers crossed we get them by Friday.

Comment

Mornin all ...how are we today then?hoe all is well..Cloudy this morning ,but it has gone really hot here ...tomorrow is supposed to be the hottest day of the year so far ,Im still swaying on whether to put my plants into the garden or not ...I dont want them wiped out in one hit .ok brew time ..(tea for moi still)

hiya pie how are you doing then?hope the dawg results are positive Yes we are looking at the possibility of putting it towards a little motor home .. this is the one we are looking at Autoquest 115 - 2 Berth Motorhome | Autoquest Motorhome Range dont look at the price ...no way would I pay that ...but we need to see whether it suits us or not so when this is over we will hire one first..Ive seen a good few "preloved ones at not bad prices ..plus the fact my little van would be going too so I need to see if it would suffice instead of a car until Julie retires
                  We buy meals from a company ..it was Julies idea to start with ..I said no to start with then gave it a try ..and I must confess ..it works ...food is good ...ad also there is no wastage at all.you order from a menu ..they send the ingredients ..you cook ..I would take a guess we save about £200 a month on shopping doing this ..

Lav...glad the wind is there ..my hair would be all over the place...hows tyou then? hope all is good ..I agree lentils are ace ...I prefer red lentils .so your learned leader has advocated taking unknown tablets ? wonder what the tablet thought when it found out it had taken a dope .best of luck with the black snakes .

hiya pauly ..yup lentilz iz good ..how are you today then? it has in some cases made people dumber and politicians into dishonest folk ...now I know that doesnt sound believable but it has been know for them to tell porky pies !you look after you n yours ..

hiya ppqp hope all is ok with you then today?

big shout to all..

CNN reports that the Navajo Nation has the highest per capita Covid problem in the United States ,
                  and they are having to fight it without running water.

My best wishes to Running Water's family & friends

I love living life on the edge.

For the past eight weeks, I've only washed my hands for 19 seconds at a time.

Scouse social distancing: Only robbing houses that are two metres apart.

Statistician, Dr Geoffrey Ellis, has analysed that people born under the star sign Gemini are the funniest ones of all the zodiac signs. While Aries, Leo and Sagittarius are likely to be the least funny.
                  Personally, I think all that horoscope crap is complete mumbo jumbo
                  ............then again, that's typical of us Scorpios.

They are making it up as they go along: Ryanair chief Michael O'Leary rants.

Much like Ryanair pilots.

"Do you ever think about somebody else when we're making love?" my wife asked.

Shocked, I said. 'Why would you ask me that?"

"Because you have VR glasses on," she replied.

Two new symptoms were added to the list of potential coronavirus symptoms today...the loss of the senses of smell and taste, the police can stop you and question you on these symptoms.

I was a bit worried when I went out earlier today I did not want to be stopped by a copper sticking his truncheon up my nose and yelling “can you smell this...can you....can you ?”

Fortunately I was lucky, I was stopped by the fuzz but just to query my lack of taste and I ended up being sent home and told to self isolate for at least two weeks.

I don’t know whether to be relieved or annoyed, they were the fashion police.

The shops in town are starting to reopen.

Just in time for a liquidation sale.

I'm not saying Donald Trump's stupid but he wants to give a long-dead Chinese philosopher and politician of the Spring and Autumn period a very small gift, upon his next visit.

All because he heard a member of his government say, "It wouldn't take much to confuse us."

Comment

Mae everybody, Mick I was just gonna ask about your little van when you brought up the RV, I suppose it wouldn't be big enough for both of you, that's why you're looking at an RV, I wonder if DT has coronaviris and that's why he's taking those pills? They'd never tell us anyways but it just seems weird he'd take them just to take them? So many things they don't divulge anyways, I bet if we knew the truth(not just him but all the gov officials) we'd shit our pants! Pie, hope everyone is ok with the pup, Lav I'll hafta look into those recipes and find something tempting, PQ, how's your son doing? Much love to all and wishes for a great BF Tuesday for us all!
                    Last edited by paulywogg; May 19, 2020, 07:59 AM.

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

MAE ALL...

Short post today as I'm heading out the door to plant potatoes before the rain hits. Was going to do it tomorrow but it's supposed to be a steady rain all day and for the rest of the week. Will pop back on when I get back....:smile:PPQP

Back again...got started with planting when the skies opened up. LOL

Lav...glad the fox is staying away and hope you don't get too many black snakes. I haven't ventured into cooking lentils but I'm going to look for a simple soup recipe to get started. I think I've had lentil soup before. LOL

Pi...so all the rest of the work is on hold due to the rain. That's ok though as I need a break from the garden. I've been thinking of ordering food in but I'd rather have it all cooked for me so I like your idea.

Mick...it's really tricky deciding when to plant around here. You finally just decide to go for it and what happens, happens. I like the looks of your little motor home and yes I'm sure you'll get one at a price you're willing to pay. LOL

Pauly...I've been thinking of Det too and going with the no news is good news. I'm assuming he's still swamped with work. I'm just amazed and what next comes out of carrot tops mouth, and like you said who knows what's true or not. Son has been having a tough time lately but more to do with the isolation due to covid. He does go out to his land in Strathmore to do more clean up, it gets him out of the house and gives him a feeling of accomplishing something. He's a little moody when he gets home and then I hear him laughing and I breath a sigh of relief and go to sleep.

I've been checking out a new software program for our membership database and because of the rain today spent a lot of time on it. I had been given access to it and went in and customized everything to our business. Got an email from the company today apologizing that he didn't make it clear that this was their demo version the whole sales team uses. He said he got a lot of ribbing about it and they had to reset everything. But he was impressed that I was able to find all those settings. LOL It's lasagna and salad for supper tonight so it's time to dish up. Have a good night all...:smile:PPQP
                      Last edited by porqoui; May 19, 2020, 06:45 PM.

Comment

Greetings Abbers,

A big wind gust just blew the door mat across the deck, haha. Didn’t know whether to duck or what!
                        Sunny & windy ~ could be worse I guess.

Pie, the catered meals sound like a great idea. I was happier cooking back when I had kids at home. Now the same recipes leave too many leftovers & some recipes you just can’t cut in half. Always something to annoy you, haha!

Mick, I like the camper, very nice! It may be a good investment provided you don’t mind doing a lot of driving. YB loves to drive, me not so much. You really could drive yourself all over Europe in that thing. Now that makes me a little jealous

Pauly, look for a soup recipe using lentils. Add lots of sauteed veggies & seasonings, yum.
                        Be careful at work, OK?

PQ, hope you got your taters planted OK.
                        We’re getting wind from two different storm systems but none of the rain here, weird.

Hello to Det & Sam!

Cyn, reading your daily updates & feeling hopeful. Still sending loads of strength & light :hug:

Time to get back to the sewing machine. Have a lovely night everyone!

Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Mick, how interesting to learn that you’re using a meal service too. Not sure if it would have occurred to me pre-Covid, I think this is going to be one of the positive changes that fall out of the pandemic times for me. Feels a bit like having a personal chef, but getting to share the cost with all the others that she cooks for.

I’m mighty grateful to have discovered online yoga as well. My mind and body are much more at ease from participating regularly in those classes. Foster pup got a steroid Rx for pain and inflammation of his joints. More test results due soon.

PQ, good for you on moving the garden forward. That’s a funny story about customizing the test software. I think time not wasted though, because you got to become a little familiar with it.

Waves to Pauly, Lav, and the rest of the gang.

Comment

Mae everybody, Mick and Pie the food service sounds awesome! I see them and would totally do it if it was just hubs and myself, it would make things easier that's for sure, PQ, it's hard for people who already have issues with the blues or whatever with the isolation, I was just feeling too closed in too that's why I decided to just go back to the shop, too many mornings waking up like"what now?" I hate that feeling and hafta be doing a set schedule, I'm glad your son has something to occupy him for a bit Lav, I'm keeping safe, mask, hand washing, santizer and a sanitizing spray and wipe down of my work area, people freaked out yesterday cuz I guy was outside coughing-turns out he was choking on a piece of candy, not enough to get hurt but just that "wrong pipe" choke, much love to all and wishes for a great BF Wednesday for us all!

Comment

Dont believe it ...Ive just lost the whole reply on my phone!what a crock!!..how are we all today? hope all is good with everyone ...going to see if I can recover the message on my phone not sure how tho...29 degrees here atm ..Julie gone up to see Amy so Im in charge ...dunno what of but in charge ....have a great day all

Comment

Working...
                              X